• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
dKyVOdgl.jpg

I find Chris in Vendetta oddly fascinating at this point. Obviously he looks more like the Chris we've come to know for the last 8 years than RE7 Chris, but still different. But then the odder thing is he isn't voiced by Roger Craig Smith, but he's actually voiced by who voiced Chris in Umbrella Chronicles and the Resident Evil 5 announcement trailer. I'm very curious on Chris' changes in the film and RE7, did Roger Craig Smith become too expensive (which would be a bit funny as Chris Redfield was one of his first big roles and how most people came to first know about him)?

Lettuce

Just watched Resident Evil - The Final Chapter and what a disappointment, now i know the series has never been know for its brilliant films but they have always been 'ok' and just dumb fun but this final film has to be the worst of the lot....just what happened did it have a trouble production!?

Zambatoh

Just watched Resident Evil - The Final Chapter and what a disappointment, now i know the series has never been know for its brilliant films but they have always been 'ok' and just dumb fun but this final film has to be the worst of the lot....just what happened did it have a trouble production!?

Well yes it did have troubled production. Especially considering that multiple people have had horrible accidents during filming.

Jawmuncher

My biggest complaint with the film was it disregarded a lot of the things it had built up prior. Aside from that it was filled with very little fan service.

Lettuce

My biggest complaint with the film was it disregarded a lot of the things it had built up prior. Aside from that it was filled with very little fan service.

In past films there had always been a least 1 or 2 good set action pieces but this one was just boring, only had 1 returning character (Claire) and all the other characters you had no real introduction to them or character building so when they got kill you didnt give a fuck.

Wesker, one of the series main protagonist gets punked in the most lamest way ever!!! and just what happened to Jill???, easily the weakest film in the series.

Wanderer5

Well I got and downloaded REmake HD. I had finally gotten through and loved RE4, so now it is this game's turn to get through finally.

Doing a Easy run with Jill to start with, and see where to go from there (probably Chris Normal run next).

Jawmuncher

Well I got and downloaded REmake HD. I had finally gotten through and loved RE4, so now it is this game's turn to get through finally.

Doing a Easy run with Jill to start with, and see where to go from there (probably Chris Normal run next).

That should do you well. Jill lets you get the general idea of everything and chris while harder, works better as an experience with prior knowledge

Mr_Zombie

Just make sure to pick Easy, and not Very Easy. Remake HD has three difficulty settings available at the start: Very Easy, Easy and Normal. And since VE was added specifically for the HD release as an additional option to the already existing Easy setting, you can get the idea how really easy it must be.

Wanderer5

Just make sure to pick Easy, and not Very Easy. Remake HD has three difficulty settings available at the start: Very Easy, Easy and Normal. And since VE was added specifically for the HD release as an additional option to the already existing Easy setting, you can get the idea how really easy it must be.

Yeah, easy was the hiking one right? I knew very easy existed and thought that was the walking answer, but the descriptions feel like it was easy, normal, and hard lol.

PantsuJo

I recently re-played RE remake and Resident Evil 0.
After so many years I'm still firmly convinced that fixed camera is the best way to make a survival horror, regardless the control method. Beautiful experience.

Can't wait for RE 2&3 remakes.

Wanderer5

*Going through a door opening animation in REmake PC* Aw crap I went the wrong way, well I just load in and-

*Two crimson heads charging in*

TURNING AND PRESSING F HARD

Jawmuncher

I'm searching for a good Resident Evil video on YouTube that goes through the plot and characters of all RE games. Any suggestions?

This video series looks interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQcVEMXMIa4&list=PLqU3_cfWaeY3b8vRJHUCc_MMwD5-UAH2Q

Should I watch this?

That'll do ya fine outside of what happens in 7 and some mangas and such. But you don't have to really worry about that.

I want the news on Revelations :( C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon!

It's dead

Watching the Making of RE7 series, which had Part 2 launch today.

Some interesting tidbits that weren't known prior:

• There was a brief pitch video that concepted the game to Capcom, which they actually show. The setting is a bit grander (seemed a bit more RE4 Castle/Castlevania in scale), but Mia is present.
  • There were zombies that you had to/could stealth past through a breath holding mechanic. Was supposedly cut due to players also holding their breath (this seems more like a joke and was likely cut for design reasons, but that's my crackpot theory over their statement)
  • Morimasa Sato is the greatest character writer at Capcom, as he was responsible for fleshing out the OG Daddy that became Jack Baker. Hopefully they brought him on board for REmake2 to tackle William Birkin, as RE needs more of that treatment. A damn shame as there's no indication he had much of a hand with any other characters. Marguerite, Lucas, and Zoe are not mentioned outside of the dinner scene, despite the segment title. I suppose that also highlights where all the attention went to in the games development.
  • Confirmed Mia does actually love Ethan (and vice versa) through the
    rescue
    scene, if anyone was still doubting. Still personally dislike how much of a non-presence this was through 90% of their interactions and references.

Not sure how many of these there are in the series, but hopefully they cover some of the more controversial bits in the follow ups.

zeemumu

Are we moving into the Redfield children saga where we find out that there were multiple Redfields like the Weskers and Chris and Claire are only the tip of the iceberg?

strafer

So the final Resident Evil movie was pure garbage, no explanation as to what happened to the other characters, the editing seemed super weird and the music that was constantly playing was annoying.

Jawmuncher

So the final Resident Evil movie was pure garbage, no explanation as to what happened to the other characters, the editing seemed super weird and the music that was constantly playing was annoying.

Felt like something they pushed out just to finally be done with it.

Jawmuncher

No one in here will seriously try to tell me the action of Rev 1 and 2 is on par with 4-6 will they? I swear, that's like saying RE4-6 are pure survival horror games like RE1-3

strafer

No one in here will seriously try to tell me the action of Rev 1 and 2 is on par with 4-6 will they? I swear, that's like saying RE4-6 are pure survival horror games like RE1-3

The action in Rev 1 and 2 are not as good as the ones in RE5 and 6 but they're fine.

RSB

Banned
Of course not. The Revelations games are ok, but when it comes down to the gameplay/combat mechanics they are nowhere near as good as RE4-6.

Jawmuncher

I've been posting some on the RE Reddit, and geez that area is more against action RE than even GAF.
I'm not saying you have to like the action games, but at least understand why people do.

I never understood the idea that it has the be one or the other in people's eyes. There's more than enough room for both.

I will say though that it seems horror enthusiasts have a larger voice (this was the case even back when RE6 was coming out). But with said larger voice comes some more rude opinions. I've said before that I find far more horror fans dismissing action, than I do action fans dismissing horror. A recent example would be posters getting mad about others asking for more action. Like did they forget all of the posts that were a 180 of that when RE6 was coming out asking for horror? Then again at that time, I didn't see anyone dismissing those opinions like I see action fans getting now.

I'm guessing it's attributed to finally getting something back. So you're gonna be defensive of it, since you don't want to lose it again. The only problem with that is, capcom seems to make games for themselves before anyone else.

Sorry for the little rant but wanted to type that out. It's just been annoying to deal with as of late. I'm not trying to make this community some "action fans" only sort of thread. Just this is the best place to post such things with more understanding individuals than to make a thread that'll get eaten alive.

kc44135

New "Making of RE7" vid on the official RE YouTube Channel. The most curious part is that, towards the end, Jun Takeuchi seems to imply that future RE games will be "very different from RE7 in some respects". I'm really curious about what that means now. Could they abandon First-Person for RE8?

Link:. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fhgiw8XaBc

Jawmuncher

New "Making of RE7" vid on the official RE YouTube Channel. The most curious part is that, towards the end, Jun Takeuchi seems to imply that future RE games will be "very different from RE7 in some respects". I'm really curious about what that means now. Could they abandon First-Person for RE8?

Link:. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fhgiw8XaBc

They've said that the mainline now will be where they experiment so it's possible

kc44135

Are RE5 and RE Revelations 2 both split-screen co-op on PS4?
Yup, both have split-screen on PS4, and it works quite well.
When does "Not a Hero" drop?
Not sure, but I would say we likely aren't getting this month. I imagine Capcom would drop a trailer or two a few weeks before it comes out, so I'd say next month at the earliest.
I've been posting some on the RE Reddit, and geez that area is more against action RE than even GAF.
I'm not saying you have to like the action games, but at least understand why people do.

I never understood the idea that it has the be one or the other in people's eyes. There's more than enough room for both.

I will say though that it seems horror enthusiasts have a larger voice (this was the case even back when RE6 was coming out). But with said larger voice comes some more rude opinions. I've said before that I find far more horror fans dismissing action, than I do action fans dismissing horror. A recent example would be posters getting mad about others asking for more action. Like did they forget all of the posts that were a 180 of that when RE6 was coming out asking for horror? Then again at that time, I didn't see anyone dismissing those opinions like I see action fans getting now.

I'm guessing it's attributed to finally getting something back. So you're gonna be defensive of it, since you don't want to lose it again. The only problem with that is, capcom seems to make games for themselves before anyone else.

Sorry for the little rant but wanted to type that out. It's just been annoying to deal with as of late. I'm not trying to make this community some "action fans" only sort of thread. Just this is the best place to post such things with more understanding individuals than to make a thread that'll get eaten alive.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, Jawmuncher. Both Action and Horror RE have something unique to offer in the current landscape, and both should continue. In reality, there really aren't any other action games that play like RE4-6. Unless they choose to continue it with another franchise (e.g. Dino Crisis reboot with RE6 gameplay), I see no reason why more titles shouldn't be made in that style.

I also see no reason why the two can't co-exist either. After all, RE has always offered various sub-series that experimented with different gameplay styles, or tried to appeal to different audiences from the main series, with Revelations being a good example of this. A Revelations style sub-series with RE6 gameplay and a focus on classic characters could be a great complement to the Survival-Horror focused mainline games, I think, as would a standalone Mercs game.

Jawmuncher

Why do I feel like this will fracture RE and its fanbase more?.

I'm intrigued on what their ideas are for the next mainline title though.

Unless they ever decide to fully hunker down and offer quality titles in the styles their fractured fanbase wants. There's always gonna be a pretty big fracture.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yo finally played some (a significant chunk of) RE7 after buying it at launch.

I hate it. A lot.

So that's great. Completely excited for the future of RE now. So excited.

Jawmuncher

Yo finally played some (a significant chunk of) RE7 after buying it at launch.

I hate it. A lot.

So that's great. Completely excited for the future of RE now. So excited.

When you beat it, you should make a thread on what you dislike. I'm sure it'll end up being similar to my feelings.
While I don't necessarily hate it, there are flaws that stick out to me, which are hard to ignore when the game is praised so highly.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
When you beat it, you should make a thread on what you dislike. I'm sure it'll end up being similar to my feelings.
While I don't necessarily hate it, there are flaws that stick out to me, which are hard to ignore when the game is praised so highly.
My posts generally don't land well. But if I actually finish it, I'll probably give some brief final thoughts.

There are a few elements I do like, of course. But basically it doesn't feel like an RE game to me. "RE is back, Return to form, etc" and I really don't get it.

Top Bottom