• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus May 2017 ( Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU)

Heck yeah. Did not buy Abzu the last times it was on sale cause it was an indie and thus bound for PSPlus.

PS Plus and Live game offerings have made me go from buying 5-10 indies a year in 360 era to less than one a year. No indie has to be bought if ya can wait 6-12 months.

Johndoey

Banned
Tales from the Borderlands was one of the best games released in 2015. It's a must play if you have interest in this type of narrative based game.

What is the end goal of abzu? I just see someone swimming around.
Thats pretty much it.

It's like Journey. Its an atmospheric type of game from reading the reviews (I havent played it, but am aware it's like that). No combat, etc, just go and enjoy the view type of game.

yurinka

I was going to buy Abzu this Friday, but I'm from EU. I think I'll wait to see if it comes next month or so. I already have Alienation :/

hurzelein

Glad Alienation is on Plus in EU. Bought it in a sale but haven't put time in it, now there will be a new group of people on the servers!

Love it how people are complaining about not getting Abzu in the youtube comments but wouldn't buy it if they would get it for 1€. Great game or everyone that liked Journey!

Bishop89

Americans got screwed lol.

Why the split though?
Can't remember the last time this happened between EU / US.

Alienation is a great get.

No idea what those other games are need to watch vids

alexbull_uk

Good month. Actually want to play both games for once!

Glad the EU is getting Alienation instead of ABZU. Don't like the look of that one.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
abzu is like 90 minutes long, could have watched a playthrough on youtube instead of taking up a valuable slot on the NA roster

Maybe it is worth experiencing it first? It is like saying that reading the synopsis of a movie is basically like watching it.

Ive finished both Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU and recommend everyone give both a playthrough.

I personally enjoyed Tales a lot more, but im a big fan of the Telltale game formula and other games like it. I didnt enjoy the actual Borderlands games much and didnt find their world wasn't very interesting but was convinced by someone who made a GAF thread about the game try it awhile ago and loved every minute of it.

ABZU was neat and had some really cool moments but I found it a bit tedious at certain points and not as compelling as Journey which it is compared to by most. I really liked how the "story" was told through gameplay and really liked how it ended. I finished it in one sitting so its pretty short and worth checking out for a nice change of pace and to admire the art and beauty of the deep sea.

Ryukori

First month in a while where we have different games for the NA and EU regions.

I'm personally only looking forward to ABZU. I've either played or am not interested in the others.

Ogawa-san

As someone that only played BL1 and unloaded all ammo on Claptrap at every opportunity and with extreme prejudice, should I play TftB?

As someone that only played BL1 and unloaded all ammo on Claptrap at every opportunity and with extreme prejudice, should I play TftB?

BL2 only has 1 claptrap because the rest got wiped out and the pre-sequel (especially the DLC) deals with their extermination. I don't even remember claptrap in the Tales game.

Falchion

I hope this isn't the beginning of NA and EU having different PS Plus games. It's bad enough not having a month you like, but the thought of the other region getting stuff you want when you don't get it is horrible.

Ikon

Well fuck. ABZU was the first PS+ game in a long while I intended to play right away before seeing EU doesn't get it.

Let's continue adding but not downloading these games I suppose.

Johndoey

Banned

I really, really dislike the writing in BL 1 and 2. Both games are almost painfully unfunny and I despise most of the characters, but I adore Tales from the Borderlands, everything in that game hits, and they manage to take a character I hated from the other games and made me give a damn about them.

Top Bottom