• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dana White: Floyd vs McGregor deal closing in coming days. Floyd $100 mil , Conor $75

Status
Not open for further replies.
conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-boxing_3466309.jpg

We are getting closer and closer to this circus show going down folks. In a recent interview with Cowherd UFC President Dana White had this to say

”I think we get the McGregor side in the next couple of days," White said on The Herd. ”And then I go lock myself in a room for a couple days with Team Mayweather and see what we can come out with."

”It depends on how much the fight sells," White said. ”And if the fight sells as well as I think it can, Floyd makes a little north of $100 (million) and Conor makes $75 (million).

Dana also warns the fight isn't a 100% done deal yet of course, and things could fall through, but he's bullish on finalizing a deal seemingly very soon. Also worth noting Dana has been downplaying how far along this fight is for a while, so if he's this public about it, the deal is likely very close to being signed.

”Obviously, in boxing, you start to negotiate things like the gloves and the officials and the judges," White added, ”and how big the ring is — a lot of different things you can negotiate as far as the fight goes. But again, I haven't gotten into a room with Team Mayweather yet, and who knows. The Conor side, we're good on the Conor side. I need to figure out the Mayweather side, and maybe it can't be (figured out). Maybe the other side can't be done, but we'll see. I promised Conor I'd do everything I could to make this thing happen, so that's what I'm going to do.

The date that is heavily rumored, and has been thrown around by people in the know such as Ariel Helwani is September 16th.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/1...yd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-purse-amounts

bigkrev

If Connor is going to make $75 million for this, why would he ever fight in UFC for the 10% of that number they will pay him?

Jezbollah

Errr. A bit misleading. White says he can seal Conor's part of the deal in days. He never mentioned any timeline for Floyd's arrangements.

BadAss2961

Floyd isn't giving him that kind of split.

Floyd, Conor, and Dana/UFC haven't agreed on shit during this circus. One camp says one thing, the other says that's bullshit.

Errr. A bit misleading. White says he can seal Conor's part of the deal in days. He never mentioned any timeline for Floyd's arrangements.

He says right after he finishes Conor's end he plans on going straight in with Team Mayweather and hammering that out in the a couple days.

Its not misleading that's his timeline. He wants this finished soon, which makes sense if the bout happens in September. Its not a guarantee of course, but that's what he's targeting

Floyd isn't giving him that kind of split.

Floyd, Conor, and Dana/UFC haven't agreed on shit during this circus. One camp says one thing, the other says that's bullshit.

I think he does. Conor can easily call that much. He's the biggest draw in all of combat sports other than Floyd. He is bigger than any boxer at the gate and PPV currently other than Floyd.

Jezbollah

He says right after he finishes Conor's end he plans on going straight in with Team Mayweather and hammering that out in the a couple days.

Its not misleading that's his timeline. He wants this finished soon, which makes sense if the bout happens in September. Its not a guarantee of course, but that's what he's targeting

I think he does. Conor can easily call that much. He's the biggest draw in all of combat sports other than Floyd. He is bigger than any boxer at the gate and PPV currently other than Floyd.

Negotiating doesn't equal concluding. White said it himself: " I need to figure out the Mayweather side, and maybe it can’t be (figured out). Maybe the other side can’t be done, but we’ll see." In fact, the title insinuates negotiations are already taking place and will conclude. Again, this is not the case :)

Negotiating doesn't equal concluding. White said it himself: " I need to figure out the Mayweather side, and maybe it can’t be (figured out). Maybe the other side can’t be done, but we’ll see." In fact, the title insinuates negotiations are already taking place and will conclude. Again, this is not the case :)

Which is why I specifically put that in the OP, because it isn't a done deal.

This is Dana's timeline, which is what the Title states. Whether that gets done or not who knows, but that is what Dana is targeting.

BadAss2961

Like I said in the MMA thread, Floyd wouldn't even let Manny get that much of the pie. He has little respect for MMA, and none for Conor when it comes to drawing or competing with him. Just on principle, he's going to want a major lion's share of the money in this situation.

I can believe it. Floyd can still make a ton of money fighting anybody, but to earn that kind of money there really isn't much of an opponent for him in boxing, save for maybe a Canelo rematch. Conor actually does have some leverage in this case. They can sell this thing for $99.99 and break the all time PPV record easily. There is going to be plenty of money to go around.

dankir

So its a straight up boxing match? Not even a boxing match in the octagon? Shame, Mayweather is just gonna kill slow and steady with his defense.

They're going to make bank and possibly break records solely off of the Great White Hope phenomenon.

Come on. That's really not what this is about

Conor is a massive draw when fighting other white guys. Floyd is a massive draw in and of himself.

They will make major bank because both are gigantic stars in their own right, and the freak show aspect of MMA vs Boxing. Sure there will be some racism involved (combat sports always have had an element of race / nationalism involved with promotion). But this fight won't see millions on PPV strictly because of that. Conor does 1.5+ million buys on his own fighting other white dudes.

Like I said in the MMA thread, Floyd wouldn't even let Manny get that much of the pie. He has little respect for MMA, and none for Conor when it comes to competing with him. He's going to want a major lion's share of the money in this situation.

It's not about respect, Floyd's a business man. No other matchup right now is going to net him $100 million+. Paq did not have as much leverage as Conor has. He was coming off a couple bad losses and had lost some of his luster. Conor is at the top of his game right now. The trainwreck factor is off the charts.

Come on. That's really not what this is about

Conor is a massive draw when fighting other white guys. Floyd is a massive draw in and of himself.

They will make major bank because both are gigantic stars in their own right, and the freak show aspect of MMA vs Boxing. Sure there will be some racism involved (combat sports always have had an element of race / nationalism involved with promotion). But this fight won't see millions on PPV strictly because of that. Conor does 1.5+ million buys on his own fighting other white dudes.

You're in denial if you don't believe the Great White Hope isn't at play for suckers to believe he has a chance in beating Mayweather in a boxing match. Believe me, they're counting on it.

Furyous

Conor should be thankful if Floyd gives him $15 million. His biggest payday was three so 15 is about right for someone of Conor's stature. Conor cannot slip a jab as evidenced by that training video a while back so how will he compete with world champion Floyd?

KingV

You're in denial if you don't believe the Great White Hope isn't at play for suckers to believe he has a chance in beating Mayweather in a boxing match. Believe me, they're counting on it.

Thinking Connor can beat mayweather is a real sucker's bet, even for people who don't watch much boxing. Connor has a punchers chance, and that's it. Of course, he would likely beat Mayweather pretty handily with UFC rules, because you gotta expect both of them are going to be much better at the sport they specialize in.

Well know if there is a Great white hope situation f the vegas odds get really weird.

Can't wait for this to finally happen so I can stop hearing about it. Do people really want to see an mma fighter try to box a world class boxer? This whole thing is weird. I don't want to see boxers get wrestle fucked by mma fighters either.

I can believe it. Floyd can still make a ton of money fighting anybody, but to earn that kind of money there really isn't much of an opponent for him in boxing, save for maybe a Canelo rematch. Conor actually does have some leverage in this case. They can sell this thing for $99.99 and break the all time PPV record easily. There is going to be plenty of money to go around.
a manny rematch is still the best money maker.

Conor should be thankful if Floyd gives him $15 million. His biggest payday was three so 15 is about right for someone of Conor's stature. Conor cannot slip a jab as evidenced by that training video a while back so how will he compete with world champion Floyd?

Conor doesn't give a fuck he's about to make more money in one night than he would in 5 years in the UFC.

Like I said in the MMA thread, Floyd wouldn't even let Manny get that much of the pie. He has little respect for MMA, and none for Conor when it comes to drawing or competing with him. Just on principle, he's going to want a major lion's share of the money in this situation.

Conor is a bigger PPV draw than Manny is. Conor's last 3 PPV's were all bigger buy rates than any PPV Manny has headlined other than his fight with Floyd.

$75 might be a bit on the high end but he'll get at least 55-60

Sure its an element. It also won't be anywhere near the main driving factor in the buy rate.

Wallach

It's not about respect, Floyd's a business man. No other matchup right now is going to net him $100 million+. Paq did not have as much leverage as Conor has. He was coming off a couple bad losses and had lost some of his luster. Conor is at the top of his game right now. The trainwreck factor is off the charts.

Yep. I can't picture Mayweather ultimately turning down a nine figure paycheck. If they can offer that kind of purse I will be surprised if this fight does not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom