• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

spyder_ur

Only makes sense if they plan to extend him and trade. He is....not good.

No, he is definitely still a good player. The game has moved away from his playstyle to some degree, he seems to be aging quickly, and I know everyone is ragging on him because of the way last season ended, but he is still a 20/10 guy.

That being said, and knowing that on the internet a guy is either the best ever or totally useless, this still confuses me. Doesn't he have two years left on his deal? What's the rush to extend a 32 year old LMA? Perhaps they think they can get him at a discount.

No, he is definitely still a good player. The game has moved away from his playstyle to some degree, he seems to be aging quickly, and I know everyone is ragging on him because of the way last season ended, but he is still a 20/10 guy.

That being said, and knowing that on the internet a guy is either the best ever or totally useless, this still confuses me. Doesn't he have two years left on his deal? What's the rush to extend a 32 year old LMA? Perhaps they think they can get him at a discount.

Nah, this is his last guaranteed year, next year is a player option.

Gigglepoo

I'd be pretty surprised if someone other than LeBron or Leonard won MVP. I think the best shot for someone other than those two would be some young stud taking a huge leap, maybe Giannis or KAT? But that's unlikely.

Predictions:

Easter Conference Champ: Cav
Western Conference Champ: Warrior
NBA Champ: Warriors
MVP: LeBrong
Coach of the Year: Snyder
Most Improved Player: Kyle Kuzma
Rookie of the Year: Kyle Kuzma
Biggest Baller: Lonzo Ball
Biggest Disappointment: 3 way tie between Kyrie, Tatum and Heyward
Paul Pierce Award for Biggest Shit Stain in the NBA: Al Horford

This post has been reported to the highest authorities as hate speech.

Except the coach of the year, that's good quality.

KD or Curry should win it if they win 70 times or so and it shouldn't be close for anybody else. However it's about narrative than any sort of critical thinking, that's why the dummies voted for a superstar carrying his team to an incredible 6th place in one conference last year!! It was just unbelievable that he took them in a position where everyone of those dumbasses that voted for him thought he would end up last season.

KD or Curry should win it if they win 70 times or so and it shouldn't be close for anybody else. However it's about narrative than any sort of critical thinking, that's why the dummies voted for a superstar carrying his team to an incredible 6th place in one conference last year!! It was just unbelievable that he took them in a position where everyone of those dumbasses that voted for him thought he would end up last season.

Picking the MVP based on team wins seems less than ideal.

bionic77

I believe it was Zach Lowe who recently predicted Aldridge would get extended and subsequently traded.

Everything is proceeding as Lowe has foreseen.
Who is going to trade for him unless he has a come back year?

LD really should have beasted last year against small ball lineups. I liked a lot of the shots he was taking but he just seemed to miss all of them. Was that because he is washed up or was it something else (not healthy, loss in confidence, etc) where it could be different this year?

Ric Flair

Banned
Dubs would still be favorites to win the chip if either KD or Curry went out for the season. LeBron seriously should be MVP every year. The Cavs would be bottom feeders in the eastern conference without him

Tall4Life

LeBron is the best player in the league if you forget Monroe, but still, there are people with better regular seasons and thTs what matters

Picking the MVP based on team wins seems less than ideal.
Winners should be rewarded instead of losers. This is how it's been most of the time and how it is in the much superior sport (soccer). Nobody would win as a feel good accomplishment-type of trophy over someone that won CL/Euros/World Cup because of how unfair the world is.
Dubs would still be favorites to win the chip if either KD or Curry went out for the season. LeBron seriously should be MVP every year. The Cavs would be bottom feeders in the eastern conference without him
Lebron can be MVP when the Cavs don't underachieve every single year he's been there. They have 3 all stars in one team and the most expensive team in the entire league for years, maybe we should ask why this team is exploding when Lebron ball is not on the floor?

We can ask Kyrie since he just gave an interview explaining it

sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1.png

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Cavs Warriors take 4. Can't wait... I hope it's OKC vs Celtics or some shit.

Cheebo

Banned
This is hilarious and then just stupid the more times I watch it. lmao
Dear Celtics bros, why is Horford literally afraid of rebounds as shown in that clip? I have seen him do it elsewhere last season too.

I mean your average 5 year old wouldn't flinch from a ball like that even.

U2NUMB

Lets go Wolves.. please for the first time in 13 years let me enjoy watching you play rather than hope for the future.

bionic77

reported for thuggery
Instead of going to the mods take it to the court like a real ass man.

Me and CD versus you and Bread. Because you have Bread we will do some things to make it a little more competitive so you can't complain afterwards. CD can only shoot left handed and in honor of the greatest basketball player of all time I will play without my glasses and blindfolded. That should mostly offset whatever negatives you have playing with Bread so you can't cry afterwards that Bread made you lose (not an unreasonable thing to say btw).

Winner is a verified Big Baller who will be allowed to leave the game in Big Baller brand clothing and shoes.

And loser is a bum ass bum. Loser has to go home wearing some British Knights or Jordans, whichever is more shameful.

Top Bottom