• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

RiggyRob

Oh cool, there's a UK/EU thread - I'll subscribe to this one instead.

Crossposting from the other thread:
Just got my Sonic and Mega Man from Amazon UK, have no idea if it's early or late since Nintendo really screwed up the release dates after Wave 2.

Sonic's fine, a little dab of red shoe paint on the cuff of his left leg but nothing serious, and his running pose is cool. Mega Man is definitely the best looking amiibo I have now though.

I'm still in two minds to buy Ike and Robin from Shopto and Shulk from elsewhere, or just keep my final amiibo to Pac-Man for now...

TheMoon

Might as well brag here.

Snatched up this one today:
shulkgafv8oc3.jpg

kubus

I want Shulk :(
And Metaknight :(

At least I can probably secure a Dedede thanks to a amiibro who got two of them. But even that is unconfirmed.

I can't believe how this happened, I had them all preordered back in december and I went to the mediamarkt at the usual time which up till now always had enough stock that I could actually compare 6 amiibo for paint quality. And now they were all sold out :(

Really happy we have an EU/UK thread. Considering how wave 3 and onwards has gone for us in the UK I think we need to separate ourselves. I've always been on the lookout for UK Amiibo hunters so this is incredibly handy to talk on.

Just ordered Megaman and Sonic. Gonna take a guess and say everyone has those. Now to hunt for the other 3.

When I get home I'll post all my Amiibo notes.

Kyonashi

From my experience I would rate WFT, Lucario and Toon Link as common. Sonic and Mega Man probably too, but it is too early.

I'd downgrade Pit and Falcon to uncommon and upgrade Zelda to rare. Also I'd upgrade villager to Unicorn, but I guess he can still be found in some areas.
Marth is kinda in-between uncommon and rare for me.

I judged rarity by how many online stores had them in stock and their average resell price on Amazon and eBay. It's not a perfect system, but I did the best I could.

Koren

I picked the wrong day to have a hangover. If i had been in the ball this morning maybe i could have found one... somewhere.
I was on the hunt this morning at dawn (in fact, I shorten my holidays for this), and I was totally unlucky (beside Megaman/Sonic). It's a real nightmare now...

I was on the hunt this morning at dawn (in fact, I shorten my holidays for this), and I was totally unlucky (beside Megaman/Sonic). It's a real nightmare now...

Could have been worse, you could have had a hangover too !

Happy hunting my friend.

Ennosuke

My delivery with Mario, Toon Link and Mega Man arrived yesterday. I will pick up my Shulk which pre-ordered a few weeks ago, next week.

I wanted only two amiibos, but now I ended up with 10. In April there are 3 more I will buy!

Chopper

Good call on a UK thread. Come ooooon Wave 4 preorders.

I managed to snag Charizard and Wario at Nintendo UK, but am scared I won't be quick enough to get my hands on the other 4. Shopping for toys shouldn't be this stressful.

Son Of D

Oh cool, there's a UK/EU thread - I'll subscribe to this one instead.

Crossposting from the other thread:

Mega Man and Sonic released today in EU.

As for ShopTo, best of luck with them. My Ike from there never arrived. Issued a refund and then used that to buy Ike from Tesco Direct.

You didn't get an e-mail? Most of us got an e-mail stating that they didn't even enough stock and as such the order has been delayed until June :(

As I said in the main OT, I got 2 of those emails but Meta Knight was despatched today. The other 2 I pre ordered were Mega man and Shulk. Mega man is still available so I've no idea what's going on.

R.D.Blax

Damn, I wanted Shulk to have all my main Amiibo... I just hope nobody like Dark Pit so I don't need to kill people to have his Amiibo

Koren

Could have been worse, you could have had a hangover too !
Kinda feel that way...

I'm pissed off I wasn't able to get a MK with two preorders and shorten holidays to make the shops opening T_T

Anyone know if I missed the Amazon.fr preorders for Wave 4 or if they've been listed but not put on sale yet?

Spades

OK so I'm missing just Meta Knight and Shulk. Went hunting today for them.

Argos: No stock
Toys R Us: No stock
GAME (x 2 stores): No stock
Tesco: No stock
Asda: No stock
Smyths: No stock; but they did have one of the best displays of Amiibo I've seen around here:

vHbWLv5.jpg

And it's not even that impressive.

I do have an extra UK version of Dedede however, if anyone would like to trade (for MK or Shulk; EU, Jap or US versions).

Son Of D

OK so I'm missing just Meta Knight and Shulk. Went hunting today for them.

Argos: No stock
Toys R Us: No stock
GAME (x 2 stores): No stock
Tesco: No stock
Asda: No stock
Smyths: No stock; but they did have one of the best displays of Amiibo I've seen around here:

vHbWLv5.jpg

And it's not even that impressive.

I do have an extra UK version of Dedede however, if anyone would like to trade (for MK or Shulk; EU, Jap or US versions).

Apparently Argos won't have any of the Wave 3b amiibo until early March.

Spades

On a happier note, here is my collection (before adding Dedede, Mega Man and Sonic today):

I've got everything else apart from MK and Shulk, and I have everything else that's been announced pre-ordered, so I am just missing those two right now.

My trade pile consists of; WFT, Toon Link and Dedede - all sealed in UK boxes.

Spades

Fuck it, I just paid £19 delivered for a
Japanese
Shulk. That's right at my limit, but I've been lucky enough to get pretty much every other Amiibo for around £10, so I don't mind going over now and again.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So the gaffer who offered to help me out in the other thread unfortunately fell through (in the end he decided to give it to someone else), so I'm here to ask anyone who's familiar with my unlucky streak (preordered months ago from GameStop.it, even put money down...only to go there today and hear them say NOPE sorry you're sol; then Amazon (which was my backup plan, lol) canceled my preorder and FNAC.pr accepted my order today only to delete it a few hours later... double LOL!! .. Sigh sigh) to help me find a:

KING DDD
Meta K
Shulk

I can pay, trade (have WFT, Sonic and Cap F) or a mix of both, whatever you prefer!
Cheers :)

gamestop didn't received my shulk...next week I'll go crazy if they still reject me...

You won't mate. Only Sonic and MM they had enough for preorders, I even read the corporate document where they ask managers to offer 20%discounts on in-stock Amiibos, 5€ of used game or 1000 carrots for their fidelity program ('cause yeah, after they screwed me over that's what I'm inclined to do, to give you more money.... fuck that). They anticipate to never ever receive more stock unless Nintendo actually manages to produce it.

MicH

I'm pretty annoyed at Amazon UK. Twice now they've failed be in regards to Amiibo and both times on the release date. First Little Mac and now Shulk. So annoying and it makes me concerned for my wave 4 pre-orders I have there. Got in really early (within 10 minute of them Going up), but I'm still worried. I better get them all!

Spades

So the gaffer who offered to help me out in the other thread unfortunately fell through (in the end he decided to give it to someone else),

He gave me the same story - which is odd as he said he had two spares originally, enough for me and you. Strange. Oh well.

If you don't mind Japanese versions, you can get Dedede for around £16 and Shulk for around £19. Alternatively, in a few weeks when my extra Dedede arrives, you can have my spare from me for cost price if you're still in need of one by then.

Dash Kappei

He gave me the same story - which is odd as he said he had two spares originally, enough for me and you. Strange. Oh well.

mmmmmh. 'K.
Seems a bit strange if that's what he said but well, what can we do.

If you don't mind Japanese versions, you can get Dedede for around £16 and Shulk for around £19. Alternatively, in a few weeks when my extra Dedede arrives, you can have my spare from me for cost price if you're still in need of one by then.

Where from? Do I need to do all the shenanigan with forwarding services? I'd prefer a US or EU packaging but if I can only have a jpn one then I'll gladly take it.
Thanks for the offer, it'd be super super lovely but are you serious? Which region and what does 'cost price' means more or less in terms of €/£ if I might ask

Spades

mmmmmh. 'K.
Seems a bit strange if that's what he said but well, what can we do.

Where from? Do I need to do all the shenanigan with forwarding services? I'd prefer a US or EU packaging but if I can only have a jpn one then I'll gladly take it.
Thanks for the offer, it'd be super super lovely but are you serious? Which region and what does 'cost price' means more or less in terms of €/£ if I might ask

Ebay if you want the Japanese versions:

Shulk
Dedede

When I get my second Dedede (approx 2-3 weeks), I'd sell it to a fellow Amiibro for what I paid, which is £15. I'm in the UK.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So the gaffer who offered to help me out in the other thread unfortunately fell through (in the end he decided to give it to someone else), so I'm here to ask anyone who's familiar with my unlucky streak (preordered months ago from GameStop.it, even put money down...only to go there today and hear them say NOPE sorry you're sol; then Amazon (which was my backup plan, lol) canceled my preorder and FNAC.pr accepted my order today only to delete it a few hours later... double LOL!! .. Sigh sigh) to help me find a:

KING DDD
Meta K
Shulk

I can pay, trade (have WFT, Sonic and Cap F) or a mix of both, whatever you prefer!
Cheers :)

You won't mate. Only Sonic and MM they had enough for preorders, I even read the corporate document where they ask managers to offer 20%discounts on in-stock Amiibos, 5€ of used game or 1000 carrots for their fidelity program ('cause yeah, after they screwed me over that's what I'm inclined to do, to give you more money.... fuck that). They anticipate to never ever receive more stock unless Nintendo actually manages to produce it.

I have already paid the entire price. I'll burn their shop down if they will not give me my Shulk, especially because now it seems impossible to find it elsewhere...

Dash Kappei

I have already paid the entire price. I'll burn their shop down if they will not give me my Shulk, especially because now it seems impossible to find it elsewhere...

I was furious.
I had entirely paid for all five and they only gave me MM and Sonic. They also didn't want to give me back my money 'cause they say you can only put them on a different order/preorder, no cash back even when it's their fault. I was about to punch the dude in the face, I didn't want to call the police 'cause they've got more important things to do but after I threatened to sue their ass for stealing my money they acted like they were doing me some kind of super special treatment and gave me back my €45. What I'm scared about now it's also for my Wave 4 preorders... I'm gonna raise hell, hopefully the other place where I preordered will back me up just in case.

But I'm super pissed that after having paid the whole shit two months in advance I am now left out cold :(

javac

Nice thread. I've slowed down on them for now, ended up cancelling my Shulk, Mega Man, Dedede and Meta Knight pre-orders but I'm glad Mega Man isn't that hard to get (yet).

So far I own Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, Pit, Little Mac, Ike, Lucario and Rosalina. The only one I've opened up is Villager however :p. Have all of the last wave ordered apart from Wario. I think I'm going to go for the Super Mario Bros versions of Peach and Mario :)

When I get my second Dedede (approx 2-3 weeks), I'd sell it to a fellow Amiibro for what I paid, which is £15. I'm in the UK.

If you're selling, let me know - I got screwed by Argos who took my preorder, then cancelled it the next day and didn't notify me, so I sat for a fortnight before checking my order status, and missed Dedede being available anywhere else.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I was furious.
I had entirely paid for all five and they only gave me MM and Sonic. They also didn't want to give me back my money 'cause they say you can only put them on a different order/preorder, no cash back even when it's their fault. I was about to punch the dude in the face, I didn't want to call the police 'cause they've got more important things to do but after I threatened to sue their ass for stealing my money they acted like they were doing me some kind of super special treatment and gave me back my €45. What I'm scared about now it's also for my Wave 4 preorders... I'm gonna raise hell, hopefully the other place where I preordered will back me up just in case.

But I'm super pissed that after having paid the whole shit two months in advance I am now left out cold :(

that's ncredible...where are you from?

Dash Kappei

that's ncredible...where are you from?

Cuore Verde dell'Italia ;)

Btw, thanks to Spades for the link, in the end even if I'm not happy about having one Amiibo with japanese packaging, I only paid €5.50 above the regular price, shipped.
Hopefully the posts won't screw up my package.
If I ever end up being able to get a EU Dedede I'll just give away my JPN figure... again, for 5€ more I'm not too fussed, it's more about the consistency of my collection.

Guys, going to bed in a few, if a Shulk or Meta Knight or even Dedede become available (EU or US packaging only) please for the love of God order them for me for cost+shipping! many know me here, I'll pay you back immediately! And I'll make it up to you the next time of course

Dash Kappei

Also, I believe Shulk will get a reprint when Xenoblade X gets released over here, much like Marth with Code STEAM.

Meta Knight
with Toon Link and Ness
was my most wanted Amiibo since this whole thing started :(

Just had an email dispatch from Amazon for mega man and shulk. So that's all 3 I pre ordered back in December on their way! So if you got the email from them about limited stock, you might wanna check your emails.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Cuore Verde dell'Italia ;)

Btw, thanks to Spades for the link, in the end even if I'm not happy about having one Amiibo with japanese packaging, I only paid €5.50 above the regular price, shipped.
Hopefully the posts won't screw up my package.
If I ever end up being able to get a EU Dedede I'll just give away my JPN figure... again, for 5€ more I'm not too fussed, it's more about the consistency of my collection.

Guys, going to bed in a few, if a Shulk or Meta Knight or even Dedede become available (EU or US packaging only) please for the love of God order them for me for cost+shipping! many know me here, I'll pay you back immediately! And I'll make it up to you the next time of course

oh god...forza inter...! ;D

JonnyKong

Holy crap, all those plushies at Smyths, I need them for my collection! Are they available at all Smyths stores?

Anyway, thankyou at long last for the UK thread.

I take it we're all in here desperately looking for a Meta Knight yeah?

I got my Shulk, Mega and Sonic today. But can someone tell me, where on earth can I pre-order Pac Man and Ness? I remember when that wave of Amiibos first went live online and the only ones I could pre-order anywhere were Wario and Charizard. What gives? They can't have sold out that quickly.

Top Bottom