• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Saturn Appreciation and Emulation Thread

I ordered a copy of Madden in order to replace a broken case for one of my other games.

The cover arrived cracked towards where it connects to the rest of the case.

I didn't know how it started but I realized that Command & Conquer JPN is multilanguage.

If the system language is set to japanese the game is in full english with FMV in japanese.
Changing the system language to :

English

nothing changed, english menu and japanese voice

French

french menu and japanese voice

German

german menu and japanese voice

Italian : same as english
Spanish : didn't try but I suppose it's same as italian

Since gen.6 multilanguage games have become the standard, but back in the 90's it was very uncommon.
Someone knows if there are other japanese game as C&C ? And I mean other languages than english cause some western games arrived here not translated (Deadalus is the first one which comes to my mind).

I ordered a copy of Madden in order to replace a broken case for one of my other games.

The cover arrived cracked towards where it connects to the rest of the case.

That's frustrating. Did they pack it well enough or just a freak accident?

Also, a few months back a gaffer sold me his sealed crack free NHL 97's for a decent price. Once I sort through replacing the ones I need, I could send you any extras I may have.

I just bought some cheap games at a store nearby that had cases in good (or at least not broken) condition. Now I can be proud of my copies of Daytona and Fighters Megamix. And who knows, maybe NBA Live 97/98 will become my favorite games ever.

I also bought a copy of Clockwork Knight for some reason.

If you find you don't like the first one cuz it's too easy but otherwise has potential, then yeah, the sequel is much better about that.

Though something I realized much later on: the Japanese versions of the games have a lot more content in-between stages than the Western versions do. Like, every single stage has some dialog in front of it that's completely missing for some reason! There's even a secret in the final world of the second game where you can meet up with an idol or a Famitsu reviewer for some reason. I kind of wish somebody would do a translation ROM hack for the game, even knowing how comparatively finicky that can be for CD-based consoles...

IrishNinja

I wish it was ported to any home console

strong +1 here

Sixteen-bit: Thanks to your instagram I just had to order Layer Section, the first game only for now though. The second game goes for a much steeper price sadly.

for real, more of ya'll need to post your IGs here

#LongBoxesSuck

i get it but i adore them as time capsules, i thought my sega CD ones were so dope at the time

They haven't spiked? lol, the SS party ended years ago.

for real, was good while it lasted though...glad i made the tail end of that party at least

Damn! So many followers o_O
Yeah, but I prefer interacting with the retro community more than playing the follower game. I always prefer 20 comments to 200 likes anyday of the week

i should've pm'd you, i was in Philly over the weekend.
Aw you should've

All the cool kids have an instagram apparently
Its like Facebook lite, without all the bullshit. I feel I have more control on Instagram

It's one of the coolest social media platforms imo.

Yeah I like it, I just can't shake myself away from using the square picture shape either. It's so simple and sets a sort of limitation that makes you more creative. I might try some video clips or have a few pics in one post there.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just picked up a Saturn a a bunch of games, had one in high school so many feels...

IMG_4336_zpsjdglaacx.jpg

IMG_4337_zpsxuro5j85.jpg

IMG_4338_zpsiz6kyl4u.jpg

IMG_4334_zpstc42lrf5.jpg

IMG_4335_zpshhakdygb.jpg

piggychan

Got the twinbee deluxe pack again. Last time I owned this was back in the mid 90's and as a 10 year anniversary thing.. I thought the contents within were a little thin. Although the 2 games, Detana Twin Bee (aka Belles & Whistles in some countries) and Twinbee Yahho are practically arcade perfect. I think my ultimate wish was a music option to listen to the amazing bouncy and catchy soundtracks on both games... Perhaps there should have been the very first twinbee game too. The 2nd game is somewhat manic and almost confusing to play with all those colorful sprites bouncing around the screen and the Parodius team shows some talent in this.

Ah well it's not very pricey nowadays compared to the Parodius games.
AB9D3CBB-C264-423E-90E4-68C8ED681C59.jpg

76GRBG.gif
oY51lN.gif

Laws00

Posted in the retro thread

Got a bunch of random stuff one day from the store. They had them in the back for some reason along with some Japanese dreamcast games.

Got tried to sell me Dungeons & Dragons for Sega Saturn but I wasn't interested in paying the price for that game.

Got some new Sega Saturn games about 10 bucks each

Samo and Tonge King are the only ones that don't have their spine cards.

I put the Touge King the Spirits 2 game back and the guy was like i'd give it to you for free lol

piggychan

Posted in the retro thread

Got a bunch of random stuff one day from the store. They had them in the back for some reason along with some Japanese dreamcast games.

Got tried to sell me Dungeons & Dragons for Sega Saturn but I wasn't interested in paying the price for that game.

Got some new Sega Saturn games about 10 bucks each

Samo and Tonge King are the only ones that don't have their spine cards.

I put the Touge King the Spirits 2 game back and the guy was like i'd give it to you for free lol

I'm definitely after that King of Spirits 2. It looks like a decent racing game with competent 3D engine.

You should also look into getting another hidden gem: Drift King Shutokou Battle '97 with it's decent FMV and game play.

VmBv6B.gif

empo

So I have a japanese model 2 saturn incoming and usually I get my rgb cables from retrogamingcables.co.uk but they didn't reply when I asked when the model 2 cables would be in.
Anyone know a good alternative/ebay seller preferably in europe?

Top Bottom