• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Grateful Dead – $11.99

* Grateful Dead ”Casey Jones"
* Grateful Dead ”Friend of the Devil"
* Grateful Dead ”Sugar Magnolia"
* Grateful Dead ”Truckin'" - Alt. Rhythm
* Grateful Dead ”Uncle John's Band"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/05/16/ubisoft-bringing-guitar-learning-game-rocksmith-ipad/

iPad version inbound.

Do you know what would be better than channeling resources into a mobile version? A PS4 version that's not broken [seethes with rage].

Another night of submitting 20 songs to the song request that won't be added....

I know that feeling.

I'm hoping Tool happens soon, apparently a new album is imminent and their stance on streaming services will be changing with it. And Maynard's in the game already so it's a logical step.

Oh, and jesus christ what do I have to do to get some Nine Inch fucking Nails in the game?

XShagrath

May just be an internal song (or a peek at Bachsmith III), but Frere Jacques is shown in that iPad vid.

Nice little type in the article too..
Furthermore, all 80 lessons are included in this new version of Rockband.

EDIT: Spoke too soon before reading the rest of the article, I guess there are some easy songs for free, since the game is free-to-play.

III-V

Grateful Dead – $11.99

* Grateful Dead ”Casey Jones"
* Grateful Dead ”Friend of the Devil"
* Grateful Dead ”Sugar Magnolia"
* Grateful Dead ”Truckin'" - Alt. Rhythm
* Grateful Dead ”Uncle John's Band"

Should not be surprised at no deep tracks, but I am a bit surprised there was not Touch of Grey, Fire on the Mountain, Scarlet Begonias or other tunes that went mainstream. Anyway, seems like a reasonable 'first listen' to early dead.

EDIT: after a 1st play through of each, I really do like the selection, I was surprised how intricate Jerry's playing was on Casey Jones, Friend of the Devil and Sugar Magnolia. Truckin and UJB was about what I expected. Good choices RS!

Of course, I was secretly hoping for Europe '72 China Cat into I Know You Rider

Nothin left ta do but smile, smile, smile.
obligatory GD reference

Now that the South Park game is coming out officially in October, I really hope Ubi starts moving staff over to make RS3...

That's incredibly optimistic Stew. I reckon it will get delayed again.

That's an insane delay for South Park, wasn't it due back in November?

I will do my bit and give your beautifully constructed prose the click it deserves.

I'm shocked and saddened by Chris Cornell's passing, Soundgarden was such an important part of my musical life, especially during my teens.

80s Mix III – $7.99

Black Flag “Rise Above” – Alt. Bass
Queen “I Want It All”
REO Speedwagon “Take It On The Run” – Alt. Rhythm

bet you didn't see that coming

Wow, stopped into this thread and learned about the iOS version. That's super cool and I like that some basic songs have been added too.

I wonder how well Mic Mode on the iPad will work, I still haven't tried it out with my acoustic on the PC version.

No way!

In for Hank Rollins, will also stick Queen on the 'guilty pleasure wishlist of drunk future purchases'.

Stew, my fellow Lynch avatar-wearing friend. What did you think of new Peaks? I thought it was amazing, definitely not one for everybody though...

Not my favorite Queen song but I grab all their tracks so why the hell not?

I only watched part 1 & 2 last night and absolutely loved what I saw so far. So far it's like a hybrid of Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead. I know parts 3 & 4 are out there streaming but I'm going to contain myself and wait for it to air next week. I really want Lynch to do another feature film.

Not my favorite Queen song but I grab all their tracks so why the hell not?

I only watched part 1 & 2 last night and absolutely loved what I saw so far. So far it's like a hybrid of Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead. I know parts 3 & 4 are out there streaming but I'm going to contain myself and wait for it to air next week. I really want Lynch to do another feature film.

Haha, I was completely lacking in self control and watched them all back to back first thing this morning (i.e 4 45). I regret nothing.

I downloaded the iPad version from the Canadian store and tried out some Frere Jacques with my electric+amPlug outputting to a UE Mini Boom portable speaker. Had to turn the volume up quite high and point the speaker right at the iPad Mic but seemed to work pretty well - I was outputting sound from the iPad speakers too and it seemed to go okay, with a few questionable missed notes.

Really cool. Hope the US store version drops soon and I might consider getting a iPad USB cable or other interface to use on the go.

Clue is progressing over on the Ubi forum. Seems to be pointing towards more crap noughties pop-punk in the form of New Found Glory. Hopefully a mix and not a whole pack.

Will update this post when confirmation comes through.

Edit:

New Found Glory 3 pack confirmed. That's a definite pass from me.

New Found Glory – $7.99

* New Found Glory ”All Downhill from Here"
* New Found Glory ”Hit or Miss" - Alt. Lead
* New Found Glory ”My Friends Over You"

Any sign of this month's newsletter hints yet? I must have subscribed to the newsletter ten times but I've never received it...

Next week:

Surf Pack II

Beach Boys - Surfin' USA
???
???
???

GWDrhWW.png

Surf Rock II – $9.99

The Beach Boys “Surfin’ U.S.A.” – Alt. Lead
The Chantays “Pipeline”
The Lively Ones “Surf Rider”
The Pyramids “Penetration”

Surf Rock II – $9.99

The Beach Boys “Surfin’ U.S.A.” – Alt. Lead
The Chantays “Pipeline”
The Lively Ones “Surf Rider”
The Pyramids “Penetration”

The only non-Beach Boys song I'm familiar with is the Lively Ones, from Pulp Fiction. Giving the songs a go on YouTube at the moment and this is an interesting pack, might pick it up.

I'll bite. Listening to them all, "Penetration" is the only one I have definitely never heard of. But Surf Rock I was pretty fun, so hopefully this is the same.

MagnificentDuke

Neo Member
Okay so I picked up Rocksmith today.

I set it up by doing this:
PS4 --> HDMI lead --> TV
PS4 --> Opitcal lead --> Avantree DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
Hifi --> Aux lead --> Avantree DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter

I then set the PS4 to be using Digital Out (OPTICAL) and Linear PCM, with no other things ticked as it says.

And it worked great, like, perfectly. It was amazing.

I then went to play later on this evening and nothing is coming from the HIFI at all, despite all the settings staying the same. Literally nothing has changed.

I've tested a new optical cable and that hasn't fixed it.

I'm utterly baffled. Any help?

PS4 --> HDMI lead --> TV
PS4 --> Opitcal lead --> Avantree DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I then set the PS4 to be using Digital Out (OPTICAL) and Linear PCM, with no other things ticked as it says.

I then went to play later on this evening and nothing is coming from the HIFI at all, despite all the settings staying the same. Literally nothing has changed.

Did you restart from standby with the RS cable left in the system? If so, unplug the RS cable and then plug it back in again and it should start being detected.

If you want to avoid the PS4 pops n' clicks of death, restart your PS4 and don't plug the RS cable in until the DLC has enumerated.

III-V

PS4 --> HDMI lead --> TV

When I quit RS, I back out of the application, and close it completely. Once I am in the crossbar menu, I then go into rest mode.

If I try to go rest mode from RS, when it starts back up, it does not find the guitar for whatever reason.

Belker

I got a used copy of Rocksmith 2014 (I think I downloaded the update for remastered). There were a couple of noticeable marks on the disc, but it seemed to play OK.

Recently I've had problems with Scale Warriors. Sometimes one of the fighters will disappear, so I've only got one dude on screen. Sometimes both will and the bad guys hang around indefinitely.

At other times it'll freeze on the loading screen after back out. This also happens in some other training games.

Problem with the disc? I find it a bit weird that the characters would disappear - I assume they aren't loading in, in the middle of a section.

Top Bottom