• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

NeonZ

I don't see why they wouldn't release it since all other DW entires outside of maybe... one has been released. There's no confirmation, though.

They don't release all ports/upgrades nowadays though. We apparently aren't getting the final version of Warriors Orochi 3, after all.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
They don't release all ports/upgrades nowadays though. We apparently aren't getting the final version of Warriors Orochi 3, after all.

Chin said something on his blog recently implying that we may indeed get it.

http://inspchin.wordpress.com/2013/...ultimate-costume-set-dlc-tkfamily-doa5u-wo3u/

Regarding the overseas release of Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, I don’t know but you can probably take this DLC name as a hint.

The name of this DLC pack would be called ‘Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Costume Set‘

Yawnier

Banned
That hint is a near-on a dead giveaway that WO3: Ultimate will be getting a western release in some way, shape, or form. lol chin.

Yawnier

Banned
Huh, kinda weird that the NA servers for DW:O are closing down now that the Japanese game has been getting updates with DW7 weapons and such.

Oh well, as much as a musou fan I am, I can't really imagine how doing a PVP MMO version of it will be that enjoyable.

Eh you're right there, it wasn't that good in the first place (the combat just felt janky and not that smooth).

sensui-tomo

It saddens me that people are already being negative towards the new zelda game just cause its " LOL Warriors game hack and slash, not deep, dumb ai since i dont play anything above normal"

Tiu Neo

It saddens me that people are already being negative towards the new zelda game just cause its " LOL Warriors game hack and slash, not deep, dumb ai since i dont play anything above normal"

Eh, just let the haters hate.

There are people there that don't like/know musou games, and are interested in this. This could be good for the series.

Noi

Eh, it's par for the course with every single musou game announcement. At least this thread might be more active now thanks to that game.

Tiu Neo

Eh, it's par for the course with every single musou game announcement. At least this thread might be more active now thanks to that game.

I didn't even know this thread existed, before that announcement. And I play every Musou game I can get my hands at. D:

Yawnier

Banned

Don't let it get to you, I've taken shit for being a fan of Musou games and of the DW series for a long time now and at this point I don't bother getting upset or pissed off over it. Not worth it IMO.

Yawnier

Banned
So do you guys think DW8XL will be localized by 2014? I might end up getting it.

Decent chance we may see it localized sometime next year if I had to guess but it may only end up being for PS3 or something, like DW7: XL and DW7: Empires. Possibly digital only too.

Actually come to think of it, the PS4 version of DW8: XL being localized is possible too.

Mecha

Don't let it get to you, I've taken shit for being a fan of Musou games and of the DW series for a long time now and at this point I don't bother getting upset or pissed off over it. Not worth it IMO.

It still makes for an interesting thread to read. I get why some people dislike musou style games, but I think most people have the wrong mindset.

MegaPanda

What would you guys like to see from Koei with Hyrule Warriors? Pull more inter-dimensional portal shenanigans like WO and DWG or have a game full of original characters with races from past Zelda games (Goron, Rito, etc)

Noi

What would you guys like to see from Koei with Hyrule Warriors? Pull more inter-dimensional portal shenanigans like WO and DWG or have a game full of original characters with races from past Zelda games (Goron, Rito, etc)

Make this guy a playable character.

Ganondorf_(Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl).png

Tiu Neo

The second option, for now. They can leave crossovers for the future games.

Wouldn't mind if they used characters from different ages. It would be pretty cool, actually.

Yawnier

Banned
It still makes for an interesting thread to read. I get why some people dislike musou style games, but I think most people have the wrong mindset.

It is a very interesting of a thread as it is bringing out all sorts of people :p, a few people in there I recognize from these threads who are big fans of the Warriors series, some people who are just Zelda fans and haven't tried out a Warriors game before but are interested in the game because of the presence of Link as a playable character and Hyrule as a setting, some people who think this game will devalue or cheapen the Zelda franchise, and lastly some people who think the game looks terrible as they don't like the Musou games in the first place or because the graphics are medicore to what they are used too.

I too understand why some dislike the Musou style games, they aren't the most in-depth games in the world not even close really, a few of them are often released every year despite being fundamentally the same (mostly) in gameplay and mechanics, and are basically considered the Call of Duty of Japan to some people because of the frequent releases and whatnot but I think a considerable amount of gamers mainly in the west undersell them and shit on them just because they played DW2 back on the PS2 12 years ago and hated it.

Community so unpopular it's still in regular gaming.

<3

What do you guys find to be the most appealing in this series/what do you think Zelda would bring to this mix? I don't imagine treasure chests are a series staple.

Mecha

<3

What do you guys find to be the most appealing in this series/what do you think Zelda would bring to this mix? I don't imagine treasure chests are a series staple.

I find killing tons of enemies with friends fun, to me that's Dynasty Warriors biggest strength.

I would want Zelda to have more exploration elements rather than just choosing a stage to go to.

Tiu Neo

<3

It can be mindless fun or pretty challenging, if you want. I love the settings, and killing enemies.

And one big thing this game seems to be adding is items. Like the bombs and the rod. Seems to be something a bit more flexible than equipping different weapons on DW7/8.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm really interested to see if they go all-out with the playable characters. For the Zelda series, it'd already be a huge deal to have any other character besides Link playable (and Zelda seems to be in as a general at the very least).

I wonder if the Ocarina will be one of the items, play the Song of Storms to wreak havoc.

Edit: Now that I think about it: I want the transformation masks from Majora's Mask in this. Transform into a Goron and just roll through those enemies.

I find killing tons of enemies with friends fun, to me that's Dynasty Warriors biggest strength.

I would want Zelda to have more exploration elements rather than just choosing a stage to go to.

It can be mindless fun or pretty challenging, if you want. I love the settings, and killing enemies.

And one big thing this game seems to be adding is items. Like the bombs and the rod. Seems to be something a bit more flexible than equipping different weapons on DW7/8.

Interesting. I look forwards to seeing how this shapes up, then, in comparison to other DW games.

So do you guys think DW8XL will be localized by 2014? I might end up getting it.

It should get released in 2014 hopefully within the first half just to keep it with the 'launch window' of the PS4. It would be a good time to release it just so more people will be willing to get it.
And I would pick up a PS4 >_>

Regarding, Zelda Musou, I have no interest since I never really cared about the Zelda universe and it's on the Wii U so whatever!

Kurtofan

I know I must sound like the stereotype of the Nintendo fan who only cares about a series because a Nintendo character is in it, but I heard there's a Dynasty Warrior game on Wii U already (Warrior Orochi 3? I think?) Is it a good start in the series?

Kouriozan

Same for me.
I played Samurai Warriors 3, WO 3, Sengoku Basara 3 + Utage, some of the latest Dynasty Warriors, depsite thise gaming having extremely low score in review.
I'm glad I only judge a game by myself and not with review score, because Musou game is my most loved genre, it's incredibly addicting and fun.
I'm kinda sad to have missed this thread before.

I know I must sound like the stereotype of the Nintendo fan who only cares about a series because a Nintendo character is in it, but I heard there's a Dynasty Warrior game on Wii U already (Warrior Orochi 3? I think?) Is it a good start in the series?

It's one of the best games in the series so it's a great place to start.

Mecha

Same for me.
I played Samurai Warriors 3, WO 3, Sengoku Basara 3 + Utage, some of the latest Dynasty Warriors, depsite thise gaming having extremely low score in review.
I'm glad I only judge a game by myself and not with review score, because Musou game is my most loved genre, it's incredibly addicting and fun.
I'm kinda sad to have missed this thread before.

My boy, I want to make a SB4 import impressions thread but I have a feeling nobody would post in it.

It's a great game and one of the best but since it is very likely that the updated rerelease is coming overseas for PS3 and maybe Vita so you could always wait for that one.

hamchan

<3

Hmmm Zelda is mostly based around dungeons and puzzles but after seeing the platforming puzzles in the first One Piece game, I think Tecmo Koei should not even try doing something non-hack and slash. It just doesn't turn out good.

Iorv3th

I got a text message from my wife this morning saying that we are buying a wii u when this game comes out.

Guess i'll be getting it.

I like warriors games, just not enough to spend 350+ dollars on it.

I guess I'll try to make it, do I have to claim the thread?

If you want to, to be all official.

I can't imagine an import OT of a game that'll never come to America will be in high demand to get made, lol.

And if there was never one made I just imagine we'll either use this thread or dig out an old Basara 4 thread to talk about it.

Mecha

I can't imagine an import OT of a game that'll never come to America will be in high demand to get made, lol.

And if there was never one made I just imagine we'll either use this thread or dig out an old Basara 4 thread to talk about it.

True that might actually be a better idea to increase the activity in this thread. However in the meantime I'll probably post some news here every once in a while. Another SB4 stream is coming up tomorrow, and then a big one after Christmas, so I'll be talking about those here.

Tabby

So I just got a PSVita and I've been dying to get a Warriors on it.
Tried out DWNext and I wasn't too fond of all the gimmicks.
Should I get one of the PSP Warriors games from the PSN Store or wait until a western release of DW8+XL Vita?

You might as well just post in this thread.

I bought Samurai Warriors Chronicles recently due to one crazy crossover with Nintendo. Now I like Musou games and Nintendo is making another crazy crossover in that genre. Great timing!

Mecha

Should I get one of the PSP Warriors games from the PSN Store or wait until a western release of DW8+XL Vita?

You might as well just post in this thread.

Are there any DW8XL translation guides? A lot of information in musou style games is shown through numbers so it isn't a difficult import.

If you want to play a Warriors game now, you could always get Warriors Orochi 2. It still holds up and has all the new features of the PS3 game that was never localized.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is supposed to get localized sometime next year and DW8XL should be as well though Koei hasn't really said anything if the Vita games will come as well.

Tabby

Are there any DW8XL translation guides? A lot of information in musou style games are shown through numbers so it isn't a difficult import.

Not that I've noticed no, didn't see anything on KOEI Warriors.
#I'd rather not import it to be honest.
I want to be able to play it without having a guide in front of me.
If it never comes out in the west I can just learn Chinese and maybe get a Chinese version if there is one.

If you want to play a Warriors game now, you could always get Warriors Orochi 2. It still holds up and has all the new features of the PS3 game that was never localized.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is supposed to get localized sometime next year and DW8XL should be as well though Koei hasn't really said anything if the Vita games will come as well.

I guess I'll wait for more news next year then.

Shengar

It IS one of the best game in the series like others have said, so yes WO3 is a very good game to start.

Tabby

WO3 and DW8 are the best Warriors games to play.

LuuKyK

Its probably the best Musou game ever imo, so you can't go wrong. The game just never ends. There are 150+ characters to level up/unlock weapons iirc, so yeah, its really full of content and a lot of fun.

Mecha

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wish Koei would go back to Strikeforce. I have had more fun with that game than Koei's other offerings this gen.

Tabby

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wish Koei would go back to Strikeforce. I have had more fun with that game than Koei's other offerings this gen.

It was a nice change of pace.
It was the only Warriors game ever to make me rage, that game was so damn hard.

Top Bottom