• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

m0t0k1

pu3D1EI.jpg

Kir6IkQ.png

Developer: KLab
Publisher: Bushiroad
Platforms: iOS (5.1+), Android (2.3+)
Language: jp/en
Download: iOS, Android (Japanese), iOS, Android (English) / apk for the Japanese version
Price: Free! (microtransactions possible)
Anime: MAL / anidb / anilist
Wiki! Most important link you need! See here

Love Live School Idol Festival (LLSIF) is a free to play touch-based rhythm game, based on the music from a popular multimedia project in Japan. It is centered around the music by the idol group µ’s (Muse), as used in the TV anime Love Live: School Idol Project and related CDs and concerts. Players create groups of 9 idol cards to play songs in “lives”. First released in Japan, it is also now available for iOS and Android devices on the US and Korean app stores.

JKEKQXn.png

LLSIF is a music game in which the note indicators radiate from the top center of the screen and “hit” an idol circle. Touching the circle at the appropriate time increases your score and combo. Missing notes will reduce your stamina by a certain amount. At 0 stamina, the player will fail the live and be given the option to give up or use a Love Gem to replenish stamina.

Certain idols cards have special effects that when activated by a certain combo count or time value, will do things like replenish stamina, increase score, or change good/great notes into perfects.

There is a story progression that takes place as the player completes goals like reaching certain player ranks or clearing specific lives. As the player reads story segments, they are rewarded with G that can be used to level up idol cards.
img_smartphonerlssk.png

PE8J3W4.png

There are three kinds of currency in the game: Friend Points, Loveca/Love Gem and Gold. In order to play songs you must use LP which recharges one point every 6 minutes or can be replenished with a Loveca.

Gold
Gold can be obtained by:

• Completing a Song
  • Maxamizing the bond of an idol
  • From a song's score, combo or play rewards
  • From daily rewards
  • Removing idols from your group
Gold is spent when training or idolizing idols.

Friend Points
Friend Points can be obtained by:

• Picking a friend/guest before starting a song and completing the song
  • Daily Rewards
  • From a song's score, combo or play rewards
Friend Points are used on the recruitment screen to recruit more idols. There is a 95% chance to acquire a Normal idol and a 5% chance to get a Rare idol. Normal idols added after the initial Normals can only be obtained by recruiting using this method.

Loveca/Love Gems

Loveca/Love Gems can be obtained by:
  • Completing a Hard song
  • Maxing the bond of an idol and reading her sidestory
  • New Player Bonus
  • Daily Bonus
  • Album Rewards
Loveca is used to recruit rare or better idols on the recruitment page or to fill up your LP gauge. You can use 5 loveca to recruit one rare or better card. Alternatively, you can use 50 loveca to recruit 11 rare or better cards.

Loveca can be purchased with real money and is the way the developer makes money from this game. Loveca can be purchased for:
  • 1 Loveca - 0,70€ (~1,4 L/€); $1.06
  • 6 Loveca - 2,82€ (~2,13L/€); $4.28
  • 15 Loveca - 7,05€ (~2,13 L/€); $10.70
  • 23 Loveca - 10,57€ (~2,18 L/€); $16.05
  • 50 Loveca - 21,14€ (~2,37 L/€); $32.12
  • 80 Loveca - 35,24€ (~2,44 L/€); $53.54

eYG2QdH.png

Token Event

Token events are when players gather tokens in order to play an event song. Playing an event song and earning tokens gives you event points. Once you acquire a certain amount of event points you will be given various rewards including loveca, friend points, gold and idol cards (N, Exp Cards and SR). There is also a ladder system which rewards you different items based on how high you are on the leaderboard for an event.

You acquire tokens by playing other songs that use LP and collect them from notes that have the token symbol. You acquire tokens based on how much LP is spent to play a song. 25 LP songs reward you with 27 tokens, 15 LP songs reward you with 16 tokens and anything below gives you LP to token parity.

Score Match Event

To participate in the Score Matching event, enter the Event page through from the Home Screen (the event should be appropriately titled "Score Match"). In the center, there is a large button with the words スコアマッチに参加する! Pressing this will bring you to a difficulty screen. The player chooses the difficulty and a random song from the regular set of songs will be selected of that difficulty. The player chooses the unit he or she wishes to use, then is placed into a waiting room with 3 other players. While waiting, pre-set chat phrases may be used to communicate with your fellow players. If a player finishes before all other players are finished (likely due to lag), they are once again placed into a waiting room and can exchange another set of pre-set phrases.

After finishing the live stage, the players are ranked from 1st to 4th based on their score (although their combo record is shown too). Then event points are calculated (after gaining experience, kizuna, and gold like usual). Each difficulty has its own base amount of event points. The base number of points gets multiplied by multipliers depending on the player's score rank and placement compared to the other players. If the player fails the song, they gain a fixed amount of event points.

VqmLFD8.png

atrM7pP.png

No brand girls played on expert
Snow halation played with fingers to show how to play
expert song played one handed by a nico fan
One of the harder songs full combo
Love live played via a custome made controller

TEGtfVd.png

My device is rooted, can I get the game somehow to work?

credits goes to patientx for this updated method
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Install Xposed Framework. (if you have a phone like me that is using spcieal them engine and getting "There seems to be a known issue ..." in red letters in the framework tab then :
Switch to settings tab and check :
Disabled resource hooks

* Install the framework from Framework tab by clicking install/update. Reboot the phone.

* Enter exposed installer again you will see that the red text is still there but if the active versions are written in green at the top of the tab then the framewrok is installed.

*Enter Download tab. Find rootcloak and install the latest. (No need to get 1.3 , 1.4 works too)

* Enable the new module from the Modules tab. And reboot the phone.

* Now in the rootcloak tab you need to do 2 things :

1st : Add/Remove Apps : Add the School Idol Festival game here, it is program name is klb.android.lovelive_en.

2nd : Add/Remove Keywords Hidden by the Rootcloak : Here hide these three words : "supersu" , "root" and "su" (If you are usind SuperSU for root access that is . If you are using a different root enabler than try its keywords)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The skill pop-ups in the songs are annoying!

You can disable them in Other -> Settings -> Live Show Pop-Ups

How do skills level up?
Sacrifice an idol with the same skill and skilllevel. You can get the skill probability up to 100% with this.

Should I use my friendpoints/Loveca right away or should I hoard them?
At the beginning of your carrier als virgin sacrificing Idolpriest you should collect 1,000 friendpoints and use them until you got most or all N's idolized. Then keep hording until new idols are added. You get enough N's trough playing songs to feed your idols.
For Loveca, keep them until an event gives you boni or at least - if you can't stand the urge - until you have 50 to get the free bonus idol.

I finished all available chapters, what now?
Keep playing. New content is added regularely and there is no levelcap that would hinder your progress. When new content comes, you eventually get it unlocked right away if you meet the conditions.

Can I flip the game?
Not on android.

Where are my dancing cgi idols?
In the anime It's fun, give it a shot if you like idols or cute girls in general and the music videos. Only portraits and circles here.

Scoring is really strange, I can get perfect string of combos and still only get C rank. How do you get better ranks?

Your Score scales with your idols skills. Generally: the highter the stat of the Idol in the specific area (Smile, Pure and Cool), for more details look here.

So I've already have my leader (I think is Nozomi) with all the flower thingies full, I suppose that is the max level, no? How do I idolize her further?
You have to combine two same girls to idolize them. Works only once.

About normal idolizing, if you get two same girls cards if you fuse them you can idolize them (second star), so I supposed that having 2 two star level smae girl cards would make you a level 3. I tried to that with the nun (I already had two level cards of her) and it doesn't let me. Something wrong with what Im doing or it isn't possible?

No, you only can combine once. 1+1=2, 3+3=4, and so on

The scout thingie, how do I get better idols? Do i need to spend hearts? if thats so, do they give hearts in normal ways instead of spending money?

Better Idols with hearts, yeah. And yes, there are ways to get hearts, look at my surrogate op two posts above.

What is loveca draw and BiBi?
Loveca are the hearts and BiBi is an Idolgroup of Muse (Eli, Nico and Maki)

The special skills of your leaders, the story mode said you need to activate them at the right time during concerts, yet mine does it automatically every 17 combos randomly (and I don't see any button to activate them), is that right?
Its not active. Punch you idol and you will see that there is something like "36% that this and that happens every 10 idolpunches".

MsJc4vi.png

We currently have a LINE group for LoveLiveGAF. Here members of the community discuss all sorts of things from games, anime, Love Live and more. Anyone is welcome to join! PM JoeFu or phoenix296 for details. You can download LINE for android and iOS.

Neogaf Friendlist with game IDs

Request form to be added to the Neogaf Friendlist

nz3AqBF.png

official english website
official love live facebook page
Favorite song poll
Taiwanese versions of the game IOS and Android
Korean version of the game IOS and Android
Another link with Korean version of the game
Idol science (Score predictions for English events)
LoveLive! School idol festival Calculator - Point Rank
Idol gif database new one from prophet

QISZcMY.png

Developer: Dingo
Publisher: Ascii media works
Platform: Vita
Language: JP
Price: ¥6,458
Reviews:

Love Live! School Idol Paradise (PSV) – 6/6/6/6 [24/40]

Download:
Printemps
BiBi
Lily White
ZzYZieZ.png
tTWZwTS.png
knYxTWF.png

The Love Live vita games are developed by dingo and are rhythm games similar to the mobile game. They are split into three versions featuring different character subgroups with exclusive songs.
Printemps - Honoka, Hanayo & Kotori
BiBi - Eli, Nico & Maki
Lily White - Umi, Nozomi & Rin

The games:

asi-son-las-portadas-ycq2r.jpg

Screenshots:

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73sQ9IJg800
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weKkMEN_7zw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzL5_j2n30g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE3GFrV10yo

banneridolstracklistn3uvr.png

Vol. 1-3 (Shared) Songs

• “Bokura wa Ima no Naka de”
  • “Bokura wa Ima no Naka de” (LittleMore-Rock Mix)
  • “Music S.T.A.R.T.!!”
  • “Music S.T.A.R.T.!!” (SKA-Feel Mix)
  • “No brand girls”
  • “No brand girls” (GRP-Explosion Mix)
  • “Shangri-La Shower” (New Song)
  • “Start Dash!!”
  • “Start Dash!!” (Bitter-Sweet Mix)
  • “Wonderful Rush”
  • “Wonderful Rush” (Hevey-Rush Mix)

Vol. 1 Printemps Unit Solo & Unit Songs
  • “Ai ha Taiyou-janai!?”
  • “Kodoku na Heaven”
  • “Pure Girls Project”
  • “Pure Girls Project” (Super-Mondo Mix)
  • “Speaker Terrible”

Vol 2. BiBi Unit Solo and Unit Songs

• “Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate”
  • “Cutie Panther”
  • “Cutie Panther” (Metal-Panther Mix)
  • “Darling!!”
  • “Mahoutsukai Hajimemashita!”

Vol. 3 Lily White Unit Solo and Unit Songs
  • “Binetsu kara Mystery”
  • “Binetsu kara Mystery” (Teke-Teke Eleki Mix)
  • “Junai Lens”
  • “Koi no Signal Rin rin rin!”
  • “Watashitachi ha Mirai no Hana”

Free Downloadable Songs

• “Bokura no LIVE Kimi to no LIFE”
  • “Snow Halation”
    both now added to the game as of 22 February 2015 and free to download. Click the respective game links posted in the op and go to the dlc page

For an impression on the game see this post by elhaym.

m0t0k1

The Vita game is new so i hope we can discuss that too over here. Looking for some impressions so i can add that to the op. Not many info can be found about that game.

I didnt know this game exists, I will now try and play it asap (After Minecraft, D4 and Hyrule Warriors no doubt)

I noticed they have another interesting game on IOS Shin Sengoku Buster

JoeFu

Banned
I didnt know this game exists, I will now try and play it asap (After Minecraft, D4 and Hyrule Warriors no doubt)

Game starts slow and has multiple downloads... You have to go though some crappy tutorial but the game is a pretty decent rhythm game!

m0t0k1

I noticed they have another interesting game on IOS Shin Sengoku Buster

Its a really fun game. At first the songs are way to easy but once you'll git gud you can do expert songs. Some of us have moved from the english version to the japanese one since its has a lot more content and harder songs. Yeah this game you can fully invest in to play the events and unlock rare cards or just casually play in between breaks. So its on you to decide how to play. What is Shin Sengoku about?

Its a really fun game. At first the songs are way to easy but once you'll git gud you can do expert songs. Some of us have moved from the english version to the japanese one since its has a lot more content and harder songs. Yeah this game you can fully invest in to play the events and unlock rare cards or just casually play in between breaks. So its on you to decide how to play. What is Shin Sengoku about?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shin-sengoku-buster/id473178123?mt=8

thats a uk link for the game, screenshots all in Japanese but says it's in english too. It's a warring states rpg (Sengoku Jidai) I cant play it atm (and might not be able to for a while but it is free)

thanks for the replies btw. also are there other idol ios games? or android?

m0t0k1

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shin-sengoku-buster/id473178123?mt=8

thats a uk link for the game, screenshots all in Japanese but says it's in english too. It's a warring states rpg (Sengoku Jidai) I cant play it atm (and might not be able to for a while but it is free)

thanks for the replies btw. also are there other idol ios games? or android?

There are the Idolm@ster Rhythm games on IOS not on android and they are expensive as hell. There are 3 versions. Each has a couple of base songs. And their own special songs focused on the 4 idols you see on the cover. They are the only official English translated games in the series. Although the translation is not that good. Melodic Disc is my favourite. They are also on PSP or imas channel on ps3. Only thing is that they are only Japanese that way. Also thanks for the link. That game you play is by the same creator as the Love live game. So if you like that i think you will enjoy this.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-harmonic/id581870543?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-rhythmic/id581869945?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-melodic/id581870864?mt=8

There are the Idolm@ster Rhythm games on IOS not on android and they are expensive as hell. There are 3 versions. Each has a couple of base songs. And their own special songs focused on the 4 idols you see on the cover. They are the only official English translated games in the series. Although the translation is not that good. Melodic Disc is my favourite. They are also on PSP or imas channel on ps3. Only thing is that they are only Japanese that way. Also thanks for the link. That game you play is by the same creator as the Love live game. So if you like that i think you will enjoy this.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-harmonic/id581870543?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-rhythmic/id581869945?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-melodic/id581870864?mt=8
just checked them out, seems they arent on the uk ios store :/

StayDead

Ok, just watched episode 11. Why ;-;

I know this is coming every single time. It happened with K-ON as well and every single time it's upsetting as hell. Doug stayed like 12 years old for nearly a decade, why can't they just be eternally in their third year of high school ;-;

JoeFu

Banned
Not idols, but if you're looking for rhytm games then you can try DJMax Technika Q or Cytus.

DJMax Technika Q had some awful music. I tried it out and didn't like it too much.

I have cytus and really like it, but haven't played in a while. Love Live is awesome. I don't know why I like it so much, but it's dabes and so is this community.

Mokoi

Banned
Soo chances of the Vita games getting localized are nonexistent right? Yeah I figured, and I guess I can only dream.

JoeFu

Banned
Wall Of Shame

That's a different Mokoi btw.

Lol that was a mokoi that was devoted to his idol Nozomi, now there is a false handegg mokoi.

Soo chances of Vita games getting localized are nonexistent right? Yeah I figured, and I guess I can only dream.

Well nisa has rights to the series right? I wonder if they have game rights (not LLsif) as well? The love live bd sold really well didn't it?

Crescent-

Just realized OT1 is locked already.

Anyways my JP version is acting up these couple of days, got the restart the game message 2 times every time I start the game for no reason whatsoever. This morning the game crashed just after I selected a song, wasted 25 LP because of it *sigh*

This game really needs a mechanism to return LP whenever the song hasn't been played yet.

JoeFu

Banned
Just realized OT1 is locked already.

Anyways my JP version is acting up these couple of days, got the restart the game message 2 times every time I start the game for no reason whatsoever. This morning the game crashed just after I selected a song, wasted 25 LP because of it *sigh*

This game really needs a mechanism to return LP whenever the song hasn't been played yet.

Yeah that really sucks. I hate when the game crashes when playing event songs. Fortunately it's only crashed on 45 toke songs and not when I selected a 4x 180 toke song...

Hachitora

Woot, new thread! Nice job LLGaf, who knew a game about punching teenage idols in the face to music would get a second OT

Crescent-

Yeah that really sucks. I hate when the game crashes when playing event songs. Fortunately it's only crashed on 45 toke songs and not when I selected a 4x 180 toke song...

They should just apply the mechanism used in score matches to regular songs imo. LP isn't decreased (or rather, refilled) whenever you crash in the pre-game lobby.

m0t0k1

already OT2
and yet i still haven't got any single UR card (T-T)

I have been playing for over 8 months now. The first one i got was the beach eli. But a real UR came to me about 2 weeks ago. So i guess patience is they key if you do not want to pay up.

edit: congratz on the UR fek!

Can i see a Pic of it. I am always interested in what kind of UR people get. I got 3 UR at the moment. 1 from a ticket draw. 1 from a 10+1 and the beach eli one.
I posted it before but I don't mind reposting. She was a one ticket draw.

jESygc2.png

I didn't even know you played. Didn't post much in ot1?
I play a quite a bit, didn't post much in the other thread though.

m0t0k1

I posted it before but I don't mind reposting. She was a one ticket draw.

jESygc2.png

I play a quite a bit, didn't post much in the other thread though.

Hehe i remember now i was so busy with editing OT2 i forgot. I can finally think clear again now that it's finnished. :D. Yeah i love that card so i am happy to see it again.

elhaym

FYI - working on my Love Live: School Idol Paradise impression post today. Helping someone move furniture in the morning, but should be up by mid-afternoon hopefully.

JoeFu

Banned
FYI - working on my Love Live: School Idol Paradise impression post today. Helping someone move furniture in the morning, but should be up by mid-afternoon hopefully.

Cool I don't own a vita and honestly the game looks like poop, but if it's fun that's cool. I want to get a vita someday for the DR games so more games the merrier.

Top Bottom