• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Blueblur1

Their non-character content announcements are really weird. There's not much reasoning behind them.

True.

Ha, you caught my original post. I have a bad habit of wanting to rewrite stuff after I’ve already posted.

Cough cough

julia.jpg

Nice catch. Definitely a nod.

JusDoIt

Considering the timing of the Japanese and @StreetFighter tweets I wonder if this announcement was held so it could be announced in English and Japanese simultaneous (i.e. alongside the Japanese Twitter account).

Also, anyone got that large list of costumes X-Kira posted a while back? It did say 1 Kolin costume right?

https://shoryuken.com/2017/09/30/x-...-stages-and-modes-coming-to-street-fighter-v/

• Eight costumes for Chun-Li
  • Seven for Kolin
  • Five for Karin
  • Three for Ryu, Ken, Rashid, R. Mika, Balrog and Akuma
  • Two for M. Bison, Zangief, Nash, Vega and Laura
  • One for Cammy, Alex and Birdie

kirblar

Its probably the same freelancers and studios doing it. They just have more time and are used to the artstyle now.
I think they had a mismash of freelancers and studios for the base game, but the same team's been doing all the post-launch stuff. The studio's not in Japan- they had a video or article talking about them.

Blueblur1

I think they had a mismash of freelancers and studios for the base game, but the same team's been doing all the post-launch stuff. The studio's not in Japan- they had a video or article talking about them.

Was a Japanese article? I don’t think any of us have seen an English one.

kirblar

Was a Japanese article? I don't think any of us have seen an English one.
I'm not sure. I remember thinking "Oh, look, there are women working there! That explains a lot" w/ how we've generally seen "classier" designs going forward, even w/ things like the summer swimsuits. (I think it was a video)
What would you even nerf on cammy? She's pretty honest.
Might just slightly increase pushback on her stuff since it's all pretty much plus, so she doesn't get as much free pressure.

kirblar

Kira just posted up, apparently the SRK count was off on their video summary:
Shoryken:
• Eight costumes for Chun-Li
• Seven for Kolin
• Five for Karin
• Three for Ryu, Ken, Rashid, R. Mika, Balrog and Akuma
• Two for M. Bison, Zangief, Nash, Vega and Laura
• One for Cammy, Alex and Birdie

X-Kira Video:
• Six costumes for Chun-Li
• Three for Kolin and Karin
• Two for Cammy, Balrog (Boxer) and Zangief
• One for Ryu, Ken, Rashid, R. Mika, Vega (Claw), Akuma, M. Bison (Dictator), Nash, Birdie, Laura, Guile, Alex and Menat

English:
Guys, this article is wrong, I've never said that 7 kolin costumes would come, at my video it's clearly explained that would be only 3... Following the errors of this post.
Three Kolin costumes makes much more sense.

(edited to add his update, he missed a Menat costume.)

Blueblur1

X-Kira is reading this thread, isn’t he? Where else would he have seen people linking to the month old SRK article? I don’t see a mention of it in the r/SF new costume thread so he must have seen it here.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I knew Ken couldn't possibly be getting 3 chances at redemption. Better to hang everyone's hopes on a single alt and fail spectacularly.

Does this xkira list include the "cosplay" costumes he's been reporting recently? Or do we have no way of knowing yet?

MCD250

That moment when you confirm a normal into a special but then in that split second the little yellow impact effect suddenly rolls back into a blue one.

kirblar

I knew Ken couldn't possibly be getting 3 chances at redemption. Better to hang everyone's hopes on a single alt and fail spectacularly.

Does this xkira list include the "cosplay" costumes he's been reporting recently? Or do we have no way of knowing yet?
I would assume those aren't included since those aren't purchaseable via normal means.

mbpm1

(edited to add his update, he missed a Menat costume.)

Now he's contradicting SRK?

Well, either way, all this Kolin love

I want this now.

I forgive you for that new avatar too..
Thanks!

LukeBruce is a liar , FANG is secret Mid tier. Nerf him back to low tier pls.
Wow, luke? This is a new low for you guys.

Ice Skater Kolin coming with Zeku!
hot.png
giphy.gif

KOLIN LOOKS SNOW GOOD
I KNOW, RIGHT!?
I'm not sure what she's supposed to be though
Doesn't matter she's the queen.

I want, like, a cricket uniform as a sporty costume for Cammy.

Something truly hideous.
That should be reserved for either an English male or a South Asian male.

Since the only South Asian male would rip that cricket costume, the only one left is..... Birdie....

PLEASE ADD EAGLE CAPCPOM.

kirblar

You know, here's an interesting metric to look at going by this guy's videos- who has major changes, judging by video length? Most are 2 and change or under, but some are much longer. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq8qrbY4w2-MWNnvZWqkeoIpUNxq-wMl_

4m+ tier:
Decapre
Guy (Zeku)
Chun-Li (herself)
Balrog (himself)
Sakura (rumored S3)
Cammy (herself)
Elena

3m tier:
Juri (herself)
Ibuki (herself)
Makoto
Oni
Rose (Kolin/Menat)
Dee Jay (Nash)
Poison
Hugo (Abigail)
Blanka
Dan

Poison's 2:57 so I tossed it in, next longest is Gen...likely because he's Gen. Very curious what some of the non-obvious ones could be templates for.
....goddamnit Dan's on the list :(

MCD250

That should be reserved for either an English male or a South Asian male.

Since the only South Asian male would rip that cricket costume, the only one left is..... Birdie....

PLEASE ADD EAGLE CAPCPOM.
Heh.

Hey now, women play cricket.

But yeah, I'm putting bets on Cammy's sporty costume being either like a tennis uniform or a golf outfit. Though what it REALLY should be is a bball uniform, but she's like 4 feet tall so that probably wouldn't fly.

I'm thinking pretty hard about this.

Necalli got a bunch of shit year one, i'm ok with him missing some

As for ed and urien

I fucking agree
Necalli’s last costume was Halloween last year. It’s time.

If you’re gonna call out characters for getting too much, there are others better deserving of that criticism.

Karin's horse rider costume looks fantastic. I haven't really liked her costume offerings aside from the holiday one, but I think Karin deserves something a bit more classy than that to use on the reg. I really wish that the costume code was a toggle you could select on the UI when choosing a costume, because I'm sure the helmet is going to be removed when you use it, but it's just such a bother to do it all the time.

The skater Kolin looks great too, but she needs to lose the ushanka.

histopher

You know, here's an interesting metric to look at going by this guy's videos- who has major changes, judging by video length? Most are 2 and change or under, but some are much longer. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq8qrbY4w2-MWNnvZWqkeoIpUNxq-wMl_

4m+ tier:
Decapre
Guy (Zeku)
Chun-Li (herself)
Balrog (himself)
Sakura (rumored S3)
Cammy (herself)
Elena

3m tier:
Juri (herself)
Ibuki (herself)
Makoto
Oni
Rose (Kolin/Menat)
Dee Jay (Nash)
Poison
Hugo (Abigail)
Blanka
Dan

Poison's 2:57 so I tossed it in, next longest is Gen...likely because he's Gen. Very curious what some of the non-obvious ones could be templates for.

What is this?

Top Bottom