• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Demo was running on XBox One according to BF's official Twitter

big_z

You could tell from some of the low-res textures and water effects. Looked great for a launch game but could look better, I think.

yeah i thought it looked a bit muddy and some of the effects looked lower quality than expected. the shadows have that grainy look to them too. that said the ps4 games had the same issues so i dont expect the console versions to look up to par with pc but it will still look good. the more important thing is that the game is on par online finally.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn, taking Call of Duty to task. Frostbite is a pretty nice engine, DICE deserves props for always pushing it forward.

CoD isn't going to reign supreme forever. Generation transition is the perfect opportunity for the competitors to establish themselves in a significant way. If EA was smarter, they wouldn't have rushed out Medal of Honor: Warfighter, and would have took the proper time to have a next gen Medal of Honor game ready for the launch of both the PS4 and Xbox One.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Damn, taking Call of Duty to task. Frostbite is a pretty nice engine, DICE deserves props for always pushing it forward.

CoD isn't going to reign supreme forever. Generation transition is the perfect opportunity for the competitors to establish themselves in a significant way. If EA was smarter, they wouldn't have rushed out Medal of Honor: Warfighter, and would have took the proper time to have a next gen Medal of Honor game ready for the launch of both the PS4 and Xbox One.

Yeh, it will be very interesting to see how IW get on from here. DICE will definitely see a jump in sales with the 60 FPS jump too.

Plus dem gun sounds. Nasty mane :]

NinjaBoiX

So now that we know this is running on X1 at 60 FPS, what is CoD's excuse for looking so bad? This was one of the stunners of the conference IMO.
I always said when next gen rolls round, CoD won't have its 60fps USP anymore, and will suddenly look really rather dated.

Battlefield all the way man, it's in another league in terms of technical prowess, map design, balance, teamwork, etc.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I always said when next gen rolls round, CoD won't have its 60fps USP anymore, and will suddenly look really rather dated.

Battlefield all the way man, it's in another league in terms of technical prowess, map design, balance, teamwork, etc.

Indeed. 60fps 64 player battles with destruction and amazing graphics on consoles is a huge leap forward.

Meanwhile CoD looks like any other CoD running on PC.

Will be interesting to see how people react. Especially if BF4 Premium is as amazing as BF3 premium was.

All that said, I will still be getting Ghosts for the SP campaign.

SilentFlyer

According to BFCentral PS4 wil also support 60FPS and 64 multiplayer match.

http://bf4central.com/2013/06/battlefield-4-supports-64-players-on-playstation-4/

During today’s live streaming of Battlefield 4 multiplayer at E3, DICE confirmed in an on-screen interview that the PlayStation 4 version will indeed support 64 players. When the game was unveiled yesterday EA’s E3 press conference, DICE said that the Xbox One would support 64 players, but there was no mention of 64 players on the PS4. Both next-gen consoles will run the game at 60 frames per second as well

bidguy

Banned
I actually said at the time I thought it was. It seemed heavily downgraded compared to the reveal trailer. Less AA, AF, lesser detail/resolution, worse LOD, worse smoke and splashes/particle effects, worse looking distant sea, less smooth frame rate etc.

Here's a 1080p version of the vid for you guys to judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBSbxjkLXuU

Not saying it looks bad. It looks great. Just the Baku 17 minute reveal trailer looked a lot better. Considerably more detailed and well filtered.

lmao how can you compare this to the baku reveal ? did you see the specs of the computer which ran the baku demo ?

"quad-core Intel i7 CPU and TWO Radeon HD 7990 graphics card (most powerful PC graphics card in the world) for 4 GPU and 12 GB GDDR5 RAM."

they also rendered the demo to 3k resolution and downscaled it to 1080p.

I hope they fixed "matchmaking with team". It was annoying to be placed in different teams.
Edit: Or is it already fixed? I havn't place BF for a while.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

StuBurns

Banned
Cboat is on a suicidal spiral. It's the stress of having two masters.

Get the help you need bro, truthfacts are the life blood of this forum.

Top Bottom