• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's (Oct 3rd) Famitsu news (Etrian Odyssey 2!)

duckroll

Yggdra Union PSP - 24th Jan 2008

- New additions to characters and the scenario
- There is a brand new 3 min opening movie
- Battle animations will be improved
- Types of Tactics Cards will be increased

Taxman

duckroll said:
Sekaiju no Meikyu 2 - The Royal Grail (DS/Atlus/Coming this Winter)

- New classes: Doctor Magnus and Gunner. The Magnus is sounds like a combat mage, which has healing properties as well as offense boosts from studying the body. The Gunner can use various elemental bullets.

- There are now pets that follow and aid you in the adventure.

- Existing jobs will have brain new artwork.

- Battles will be much more visually exciting.

- FOEs will have new rules and new types.

- The director is Komori, and he says they decided to make a sequel when they looked into the template and realized they could improve the balance of the calculations and skills, as well as brushing up the existing formula.
Hmm. None of those address the real problem of the last game: it was a chore to play.

sphinx

the piano man
I am not sure If I am happy about EO2.

EO literally stole 2 months of my life, :( ....

I hope this time is shorter or easier to unlock the weapons and stuff....

damn, I wish it wasn't that addictive.

Ramune

I still need to get the first game, but glad to hear a sequel is on the way!

icecream said:
I have one:

Yggdra Union PSP / Sting / 01.24.08
-New Scenario and Characters
-Opening movie (~3min in length)
-Improved battle animation
-New tactic card types

Another sweet deal, especially since I missed out on this and Riviera on GBA. Now to get them both on PSP!

TreIII

Adam Blade said:
RISE FROM LAIR: 9, 7, 8, 9

PGR4: 9, 8, 8, 8

Arabians Lost (PS2): 6, 5, 6, 4

Arcana Heart (PS2): 7, 6, 7, 6

Ouch on that Arcana Heart score...what could have happened to really make them rip on a game that features what a good deal of people love (lolis and their antics)?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PGR4 got 9,8,8,8. PGR4=Lair. Famitsu Reviews. :lol

Looks like Star Ocean will be coming out this year as well.

sphinx

the piano man
duckroll said:

what the hell???!!!! this winter? really, this winter? the one beginning in Decemeber 22, 2007?

woah, that must have been well into production by the time famitsu learned about its existence.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:

- New classes: Doctor Magnus and Gunner. The Magnus is sounds like a combat mage, which has healing properties as well as offense boosts from studying the body. The Gunner can use various elemental bullets.

- The director is Komori, and he says they decided to make a sequel when they looked into the template and realized they could improve the balance of the calculations and skills, as well as brushing up the existing formula.
hot

Saitou

Banned
duckroll said:

1183330128301.gif
hikari.gif
1183330128301.gif

1183330128301.gif
hikari.gif
1183330128301.gif

duckroll

Komori was the worldview concept writer for EO1, and the writer for Princess Crown and Devil Summoner.....

I'm not sure why she's directing EO2...... ^^;;;;;;;;

Fio

I expect EO2 to be more balanced than EO1. I gave up on it because it required too much grinding.

Taxman

Fio Maravilha said:
I expect EO2 to be more balanced than EO1. I gave up on it because it required too much grinding.
Yeah, the having to go chop wood and stuff constantly ruined it for me. I never thought I would find something more boring than ordinary grinding, but they did it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
Komori was the worldview concept writer for EO1, and the writer for Princess Crown and Devil Summoner.....

seems over for etrian

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:

I'm okay with it, it does sound like they're messing with the formula though... if it's the same developer it should be fine...

duckroll said:
All over my face and tits.

duckroll said:
Yggdra Union PSP - 24th Jan 2008
For fuck's sake, I just bought this for GBA. It's like FFIVa and Riviera all over again.

duckroll said:
Star Ocean 1 Remake on PSP will be released on 27th Dec, there will also be a PSP bundle.
If this is not released over here, heads will roll.

vareon

duckroll said:

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I need to finish Stratum 6 first -_-

WYWY

I'm happy we can now start quoting Fami's Lair review scores in all future Fami threads as undisputable evidence of the irrelevance of Fami reviews.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
WYWY said:
I'm happy we can now start quoting Fami's Lair review scores in all future Fami threads as undisputable evidence of the irrelevance of Fami reviews.

We've had that evidence for years now and yet people still give weight to Famitsu scores

Top Bottom