• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer (the real one) [Up: Roll Call video]

I'm saying something insightful

*fade to black*

now I'm saying something scary

*fade to black and pause*

now that scary thing has happened!

*PEWPEWPEW building falls over SPLOSION!SPLOSION!SPLOSION!"

The voiceover was dumb but I always welcome robots, weird future guns, and weird shit like riding horses against helicopters.

Mush

Man, that engine looks so baaaaad. Plus I don't know why they stuck with the BLOPS name. Selling power?

Also, I thought the MW trilogy took place in like 2012-2016 or something, you mean to tell me this is what's gonna happen less then 10 years later? Perhaps it's an alternate timeline to the MW "world".

Gav47

Can anyone get that QR code?
ibjhxgHMzwu4BB.png
Its probably nothing but you never know...

DomGTAB

Neo Member
MW2 to MW3: They look the same. Activition just copy and paste the same game every year!

BO to BO 2: It's too different. They only called it BO2 for marketing and make more $$$

Internet win! :(

Nizz

Disagree. Of course not all are created equal, but I thought Woods was one of the best looking and best mocapped characters in the series.
Yeah, I thought Woods looks surprisingly good. I have to admit the change in scenery/timeline looks damn refreshing. There could be interesting things with the weapons we'll use. I'm sure we'll be using guns with bullets in them, but maybe there'll be some laser based weapons too?

The main thing I'm worried about now is how the PS3 version will turn out. :/

Calibur

This game better have the gameplay of the Gods, because this graphically looks worst then MW3 ...Never mind what the PS3 version is gonna look like :(

Battlefield 3 topped CoD in my heart on the multiplayer, but single player mode ? CoD !

As I particularly liked Black Ops 1, I think I'll buy this one (when it gets on budget).

(yes I know graphics sucks engine is old same game over and over yadda yadda but I liked that trailer. Also - HORSES !)

linko9

Holy shit, galloping around on horses in the robot apocalypse future, that is amazing. Also, Futurama's vision of the future is confirmed, cuz that white dude said "axed." Glad they're going even crazier with this, that's really the only thing you can do with this franchise now.

Well luckily we are nearing the start of a new generation, which hopefully means Activision has some developer somewhere working on a new engine that they can carry forward and can scale properly to different hardware.

A new engine/modified existing engine will be in development yeah, but consoles won't hit till next year or so. Plus there is every chance a new engine will be held back until next gen console sales hit a certain level (due to complexity, costs etc), and until then use the existing engine (so essentially the PC version atm) for the first few years. Though Activision did launch COD2 on a 'new' engine with the 360? Hard to tell, as a COD with a new engine is a big potential system seller.

The textures in this trailer look woeful though.

Im actually interested in this. Story is always a plus for me in games and Black Ops story was interesting. This looks equally as interesting, so I'll definitely play through it for the SP.

Kind of wish they stuck with Woods being dead, but I guess this gives us the obligatory flashback mission to explain how Woods was involved in "current" events.

Effect

This game better have the gameplay of the Gods, because this graphically looks worst then MW3 ...Never mind what the PS3 version is gonna look like :(

This is what I'm looking forward to knowing more about. If the footage was unfinished (since it's several months away) or from multiple versions put together. We have several different sources it could have come from. PC, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and Wii U (anyone really think this won't be on the system considering it and the Wii U come out at the same time. It would be a launch (window) games and CoD does sell on the Wii). I assume Wii is out at this point. It all doesn't look equal. Some of it looks like CG, some looks in game, some of it looks bad and other parts of it look really good.

Isn't Microsoft's deal with Activision over after MW3 when it comes to pushing the 360 version? So we can't assume that's all 360 footage if that's the case?

Visuals look awful. But at least they are trying something different.

But I have a feeling they have jumped the shark big time

Their depiction of "future warfare" couldn't look more cartoony and unimaginative. It looks like a first-person Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

I think I'm done with Call of Duty if this is where the franchise is headed.

Man, this engine is starting to look tired. The old man's a perfect metaphor.

Give her a rest and put some honest work in to some new tech.

Holy. Shit.

Frank Woods is back. 2025. Robots and shit. Fuck. Day 1, I am there. Black Ops is the best COD.

Where the fuck is Mason? And the CIA handler? I want more trippy crazy stuff too! I want the numbers!

But even still, this is fucking awesome. It's ballsy as hell.

I3oEZ.png

It says "D. Mason" on the left side, above the "T6". So there seems to be a Mason, just not the Mason.

Also, at :37 it shows squad commands on the left side of the hud. That's nice.

Keasar

Oh look, another Treyarch ga~zzZZzzZZzzzZz

As for the trailer, it got dubstep "bwuaaarp" and robots. That is nice I guess. Seriously though, those visuals are not looking so good.

Outside of announcing a game with a female protagonist, this is probably the most surprised I think I could have been about this reveal. I was 100% prepared to give zero fucks, but this future shit is just too cool.

Effect

While likely, that would be unfortunate as the Wiimote really is awesome for COD and I have no intention of buying a WiiU.

This is why I'm hoping the Wii U comes with a Wii remote (an option all Wii U owners will have in addition to the table controller (possibilities for with a FPS just makes me excited)) or at the least Treyarch just ports over the Wii control scheme if this is on the Wii U. They have a lot of experience with it by now and it wouldn't be hard at all for them to do.

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
Horses are the new snow mobiles!

ever since MW2 why must there always be a shot of someone on their back with their hand up?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Visually it doesn't look particularly great but I welcome the 'near-future' setting and the changes to the single player campaign.

fernoca

That roll call video is embarrassing. Stop it.
??
Is OneofSwords interviewing a guy from Teyarch. Yeah it looks kinda scripted...but whats embarrassing? There some nice details on it (branching stories, bigger zombies-mode, etc.).

Is not the "rickroll" from earlier. :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That first minute of talking was totally pointless.

Smokey

all i can think about when watching this trailer is these fucking graphics blow. it's to the point where it's pretty damn noticeable and distracting.

oh and the fact that it seems to be a mash of shit just thrown together..meh..

I'm already super annoyed that the logo has a Roman numeral, while all other promotional text uses "2." Fucking pick one and stick with it!

legacyzero

Banned
Maybe that wrist display will play a nice role in Multiplayer.

Treyarch is quickly surpassing IW in almost every way IMO.

The MW trilogy was awesome, but Treyarch just tries to hard to be better. IMO I think BLOPS was better than WM3 campaign-wise and Multiplayer balance-wise.

Damn, and I was seriously gonna pass up this year's COD. I guess not.

Top Bottom