• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Okami is filling in for Shogun. They needed a Japanese dude due to the event taking place in Japan (Visa issues, etc).

If GSP wins, I think he's is going to hold that belt hostage and demand specific fights to make as much money as possible. There's just no way he's going to fight high risk, no money fights like Rockhold, Whitaker, or Romero. If he doesn't get the fight he wants, he'll just not fight.
GSP will ask for A.Silva

Heel

One step closer to the 'slowly shrinking cage + lowering a taser on a rope' future we've all envisioned, friends. The technology is there.

pIhOfMAl.jpg

twitter

Wonder who will come to the table

ESPN has been covering a lot more MMA lately, but they are also seemingly trying to cut costs, so who knows. I wonder if the performance of UFC on FOX will affect their asking price. Some ex-ESPN guy was on BIll Simmons' podcast not too long ago and mentioned that the problem for the UFC's tv deal is that you are paying for the B/C product, and some of the shows they've put on Fox/FS1/FX prove that. You are basically paying to market UFC's PPVs for them. It's like paying for the NBA TV rights but you are only allowed to show the Pacers, Bucks, Blazers and Nuggets.

Heel

I wouldn't mind HBO or Showtime taking over presentation. I remember Showtime being rumored, but the relationship seems...contentious. Maybe Dana feels threatened, haha.

FUME5

ESPN so Disney can continue their path to own everything.

Who's ready for a UFC cinematic universe?

Code:
[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/n0uubMvR0Wg/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

I'd say that Okami is fucked, but this is OSP, so at 5:1 odds I think I might back Okami.

Hendo will be at some fanfest for Bellator in San Jose on Friday. I need to make a poster of him splashing on Bisping and get it signed .

Yaari

Btw Cyborg's boyfriend is the best thing to happen to her. He no doubt runs all her social media and comes up with some great lines.

I actually hate that shit. Whenever I see anyone quote one of those tweets, I already know its' wroken by the guy that broke his dick a couple of years ago. Cyborg doesn't write that stuff.

FUME5

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKSS4EqWkAAnOZ8.jpg[/IMG]

You think one of these guys has a reach advantage?

Heel

Aaron Pico is hovering around -700 against a 7-3 fighter this weekend. Who in their right mind is laying money on this fight?

FUME5

The way you guys do odds confuses me, I see Justin Linn at 4.35 with Pico at 1.22.

Who should I be betting on Heel, I have no fookin idea who these guys are.

Top Bottom