• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Well E3 will simply provide more to speculate about. I mean we can take bets on which E3 game will be the next Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Ouch. Talk about a sore point.

The way Day of Disaster and HAMMER didn't pan out here in the States has me looking at every new IP with an eye of skepticism. I want them to happen, dammit!

I just said that i have 2 bunch of info, thread-worthy, and i want to make the threads because i want the control over the op, to edit my message, refine the content, the wording, the spelling, even every 2 seconds if i want.

[...]

If one person can't even warn that he will make a thread about a Wii U info when he will be able to do it, without meeting such negative reactions, well, i may had too much faith in our maturity.

Seriously, sometimes i wonder why i'm doing this.

I honestly hope whatever it is you have gets leaked by someone else - if you're going to be this precious about it. IF you have information, you are privileged enough already - are you not?

Other people here earned their posting rights through years of taking part in this community -- why are you surprised with the antagonism? Essentially you've come into this thread and told everyone that you are witholding information, holding it ransom, until such time as you can get your own posting rights. You may have had private chats with one or two people, corroborating that you 'know' something or 'know' other people who do, but as far as the rest of us are concerned you may as well be any other rumormonger.

Why not prove yourself by working with the community here, having someone else create an OP, sharing a little of what you know? You might be rewarded with the member status you desire, and then you could work on your own OPs. If you were more interested in generating excitement and discussion rather than cultivating interest in yourself, I think you would behave in that manner, but you don't. If you want full control, why not create your own blog and post there, and link to it in this thread... if you posted anything mindblowing, I'm sure the subject would quickly become a thread of its own.

I do not understand for one minute, why you feel entitled to peoples' trust and affection, because that's what it sounds like. It sounds like you think we should all be grateful. Grateful for the great IdeaMan. Don't get salty and indignant with us, there are people here who like reading your stuff - and you *are* a good contributor to this thread, but you'll only get paid significant dues, trust and respect when you've earned those things.

I'm not seeking to be mean or demean you, I just question the logic of your attitude in that post. The TLDR of it is: Relax. And spill.

Shiggy

yeah to be fair I'm the one that wants this to be fake, to keep my Samus away from the Furry universe :p

They have a great story in place:

Samus vs. General Scales
General Scales has become some kind of mutant because of the Aparoids and is now spreading a deadly virus across the Lylat System. As Fox McCloud is banging Krystal, it's Samus turn. She must save Dinosaur Planet, collect twenty Krazoa spirits, 80 white mushrooms, and 90 blue coins to battle the General. Of course, she also needs to return 120 spellstones to the Ocean Force Point Temple, the place where Krystal and Fox are having their furry adventures.
So getting back on topic, at the beginning, Samus cannot take her equipment including her suit to Dinosaur Planet (Samus: "Hey, can't I take my blaster?"; Andross, who asked for Samus' help because he's scared of General Scales: "It's always the same with you, Samus. Shoot first, ask questions later. Your mission is to save General Scales, not blowing him up."). In the end, right before battling General Scales, it is shown that he's only under control of Mother Brain. The game changes to a 2D perspective and it's exactly the same fight as in Super Metroid.

Obviously, you cannot copy your save file and if you saved directly in front of the final boss, there's no point of return. After the boss fight you cannot save either.

Samus will be synchronised by Chris Seavor.

So if you'll see this announced at E3, you remember this post hopefully. I told you so.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Paul Gale was only half right. My insider source has told me that Retro's game will star Fox McCloud as a New York doctor who accidentally kills Samus' infant son during a routine circumcision procedure. You have to team up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to track him down.

HylianTom

Banned
Paul Gale was only half right. My insider source has told me that Retro's game will star Fox McCloud as a New York doctor who accidentally kills Samus' infant son during a routine circumcision procedure. You have to team up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to track him down.
So long as there's no sequence where I have to disarm underwater bombs at a dam, I'd be game for that!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ouch. Talk about a sore point.

The way Day of Disaster and HAMMER didn't pan out here in the States has me looking at every new IP with an eye of skepticism. I want them to happen, dammit!

Well to lift the mood we can guess which shelved game will be the next Steel Diver.

Shiggy

I wonder how people like you can even come up with such stupid, horrible ideas, even if they're not meant seriously.
:p

filler

Banned
I honestly hope whatever it is you have gets leaked by someone else - if you're going to be this precious about it. IF you have information, you are privileged enough already - are you not?

Other people here earned their posting rights through years of taking part in this community -- why are you surprised with the antagonism? Essentially you've come into this thread and told everyone that you are witholding information, holding it ransom, until such time as you can get your own posting rights. You may have had private chats with one or two people, corroborating that you 'know' something or 'know' other people who do, but as far as the rest of us are concerned you may as well be any other rumormonger.

Why not prove yourself by working with the community here, having someone else create an OP, sharing a little of what you know? You might be rewarded with the member status you desire, and then you could work on your own OPs. If you were more interested in generating excitement and discussion rather than cultivating interest in yourself, I think you would behave in that manner, but you don't. If you want full control, why not create your own blog and post there, and link to it in this thread... if you posted anything mindblowing, I'm sure the subject would quickly become a thread of its own.

I do not understand for one minute, why you feel entitled to peoples' trust and affection, because that's what it sounds like. It sounds like you think we should all be grateful. Grateful for the great IdeaMan. Don't get salty and indignant with us, there are people here who like reading your stuff - and you *are* a good contributor to this thread, but you'll only get paid significant dues, trust and respect when you've earned those things.

I'm not seeking to be mean or demean you, I just question the logic of your attitude in that post. The TLDR of it is: Relax. And spill.

Thank you!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
So long as there's no sequence where I have to disarm underwater bombs at a dam, I'd be game for that!
Don't worry, the exploration sections are kept to Samus. The Ninja Turtle segments are about using melee weapons to perform rough and rushed amateur circumcision on members of the New York medical fraternity that rush to Fox's defence.
I should mention that Fox McCloud has on-rails shooter segments that kick in whenever you track him down as Samus and he needs to make his escape. The gameplay will be right at home to fans of classic StarFox action, but the experience will be much more morally complex. By interrupting the revenge tale to put you into the shoes of the antagonist, the game will probe at the true nature of good and evil.
I wonder how people like you can even come up with such stupid, horrible ideas, even if they're not meant seriously.
:p
I can only speak for myself, but I am a stupid, horrible person.

The wait for E3 is really rough. My girlfriend and I have about £500 ready to drop on this + a few games. I just want to see them now!

As much as I'm excited about E3 I'm kinda worried Nintendo are going to get some fundamental things wrong again. I really hope that's not the case.

HylianTom

Banned
Don't worry, the exploration sections are kept to Samus. The Ninja Turtle segments are about using melee weapons to perform rough and rushed amateur circumcision on members of the New York medical fraternity that rush to Fox's defence.
I should mention that Fox McCloud has on-rails shooter segments that kick in whenever you tack him down as Samus and he needs to make his escape. The gameplay will be right at home to fans of classic StarFox action, but the experience will be much more morally complex. By interrupting the revenge tale to put you into the shoes of the antagonist, the game will probe at the true nature of good and evil.

I can only speak for myself, but I am a stupid, horrible person.
Every time you mention circumcision, I think of Friar Tuckman from Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

"..and.. nip the tip!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KXmcNfEFMI

I wonder.. would the Wii remote or the uPad be better for that mini-game?

(Nevermind. Just got the jitters thinking about it.)

Log4Girlz

Fuck, well now I have to stop development on my identical concept.

Nibel

Sweep me off my feet Reggie. My body is ready!

76Eaf.jpg

:')

Reggidin: Reggify us. Don't Reggulate.

HylianTom

Banned
Have no idea how accurate this list is:
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cancelled_games

Also you'd need to work out which are Nintendo's games and which are third party's.

Perhaps it's time to hear about Miyamoto's once hinted at project Marionette.
If true, perhaps the uPad could be used as the crossbar contoller for the puppet. It'd be one of those cases where the tilt motion control could really work if you held the controller in a plane parallel to the ground.

I could see it being incredibly difficult though.
(and that list is something else. Kinda depressing.)

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder.. would the Wii remote or the uPad be better for that mini-game?
This post right here is all the evidence anyone needs about the success of the Wii U concept. Clearly it's already sparking concepts that push at the boundaries of games!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I think Marionette would have been a better fit for Wii with motion plus. One Wiimote in each hand!
Guess it's still possible on Wii U.

Does anyone know or think that along with the Wii U tablet controller being included with the package, that a Wii controller and nunchuck will be included too? It would be nice.

HylianTom

Banned
Yes, BUT, will it be the games we want?
Hmm. The one aspect that has me a bit hopeful was Shane's state of being impressed at what he saw. It's been a long time since I quit listening to or reading his stuff, but I kinda remember him being more of a Sony guy. (His behaviour in a 1Up podcast after their E3 2006 showing stands-out in my mind for some reason, but I can't quote remember why specifically.)

Which brings me to a personal struggle I'm having with this year's E3. I don't like to give clicks to the Big 3's websites. But their post-E3 coverage might be too enticing. Damn.

This post right here is all the evidence anyone needs about the success of the Wii U concept. Clearly it's already sparking concepts that push at the boundaries of games!
You and I are a bit off in the head, I'd guess. But that's.. okay.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Does anyone know or think that along with the Wii U tablet controller being included with the package, that a Wii controller and nunchuck will be included too? It would be nice.
I think they'll assume many already have at least one remote. Time for another WiiPlay.

wsippel

Banned
Before E3 2011, Shane said (on Invisible Walls I think) that he heard some rumblings and expects some major game announcements from the Nintendo conference. After E3, he wondered why the stuff he heard of wasn't shown. Judging by his statement on Bonus Round, it seems whatever those titles were, they're still in development and still weren't announced.

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if the Contra teaser from last year was actually about a Wii U game, or a Wii U/ 3DS title.

Man, I really don't care about most 3rd party these days and the hype over any new ,,cinematic'' game is baffling to me. However, there can't go too much wrong with the 1st party titles if even Shane says it's gonna be good and we look at other Nintendo launch unveilings. Iirc he has bashed the New Mario Bros. Wii, so the new Mii game and whatnot certainly aren't the things that would make him say such things.

HylianTom

Banned
Before E3 2011, Shane said (on Invisible Walls I think) that he heard some rumblings and expects some major game announcements from the Nintendo conference. After E3, he wondered why the stuff he heard of wasn't shown. Judging by his statement on Bonus Round, it seems whatever those titles were, they're still in development and still weren't announced.

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if the Contra teaser from last year was actually about a Wii U game, or a Wii U/ 3DS title.
Didn't he mention that he'd rank this E3 lineup in the top 5 launch lineups of all time?

I got a little shiver down my spine when I read that.. :)

MDX

Its Nintendo we really won't get specs

Im expecting some more info from IBM, and AMD, official, leaked, or otherwise.
I also recall Wii's SDK, being leaked around E3. And Im sure more developers
will spill beans here and there. Who knows, Nintendo might just brag about
small things like: how much ram the system has, or the number of cores the CPU has.

edit to add:
Even if we wont know the final specs, I do think Nintendo will
not change the specs after E3.

Mithos

@HylianTom
@wsippel
@Spieler Eins

Well Shane might be really impressed, but for me personally unless I hear;

Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, GTA 5, Bioshock: Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and so on from 3rd parties at e3 this year I'll be disappointed.
When it come to Nintendo themselves, I want hear Mario (no NSMB Mii crap), Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Eternal Darkness 2.

Yes I know I probably have WAY WAY to high expectations.

gamingeek

*Wii U controller has analog sticks instead of slider pads, and two mystery buttons
*Wii U name is likely to be final
*Gearbox says the Wii U is a powerful system, and a true next gen machine; Wii U version of Aliens will be the best looking console version
*Apparently, Retro is working on... wait for it... Star Fox x Metroid, a crossover for the Wii U. Nintendo declined to comment on this.
*Bonus Round thinks people will be very surprised at just how many first and third party games the Wii U will have.

Thanks guys.

rhoq

I could've sworn that Miyamoto said a lot of the what he intended for Marionette ended up in another game (I want to say Super Mario Galaxy, but I don't think that is right).

Donnie

@HylianTom
@wsippel
@Spieler Eins

Well Shane might be really impressed, but for me personally unless I hear;

Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, GTA 5, Bioshock: Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and so on from 3rd parties at e3 this year I'll be disappointed.
When it come to Nintendo themselves, I want hear Mario (no NSMB Mii crap), Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Eternal Darkness 2.

Yes I know I probably have WAY WAY to high expectations.

So basically unless its the best launch line up in history by a distance you're going to be disappointed?

Nibel

Retro is not working on a Starfox x Metroid game! Kill the rumor!

Their game will have elements of both: Starfox air combat + Metroid planet exploration + ???

The ??? in this formula stands for everything else; it probably will be a sci-fi shooter. But the question is: will it be a Starfox game, a Metroid game or a whole new IP?

I think they'll assume many already have at least one remote. Time for another WiiPlay.

Yeah, I hope they don't include one and try to keep the price down. I don't want to pay an extra $20-40 for that would be completely useless for anyone who already owns 4 remotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom