• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

the sense of speed is great. not just for your car but from the cars around you - that car zooming past you into the distance is awesome. makes the race seem very exciting and is exactly what i'd expect from evolution given the strengths of the motorstorm series.

the lighting engine too. so good.

Loudninja

More wheel-to-wheel gameplay from #DRIVECLUB, captured direct from #PS4. When you race with the AI, drivers will take risks and exploit mistakes just like you would, which makes for some lively #PS4SHARE moments.

As well as the lighting upgrades we mentioned yesterday, we also want to let you know that the AI and the audio are still being improved too, because we care about even the smallest details. You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we'll keep showing you more of during development.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=535702206514144

orioto

Good Art™
This is slowly but surely becoming one of the most realistic looking game ever i think. If they add weather effect, with that light... omg..

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
itFANgpQI0u3O.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
8 cars in that clip?

edit: 5 in front at the start, another car passes so that makes 6 in front, and one behind = 7 + your car = 8

I don't think everyone is realizing that these clips are showing the new lighting engine.

Game looks amazing and the environments are one thing that sets this game apart.

They've said that there's another big improvement coming to the lighting engine soon.

bud

fucking hell, the lighting and the clouds look really, really good.

these two short clips are way more impressive than all the other gameplay videos i've seen.

Raymo

They've said that there's another big improvement coming to the lighting engine soon.

They said they are improving the ambient lighting inside the car, along with improvements to the sky and the clouds, but the big lighting improvement is in these clips.

Loudninja

:O

Handling model. Somethings changed, I feel it!
Lots of people say that that the handling is closer to PGR than GT or Forza, because it strikes a balance between the age old "arcade" and "simulation" archetypes, even though it's actually much deeper than that. The handling team refined the model again just this week - and will continue to do so up to release - so hopefully you'll give it a second go and get a better feel for it.
It's not really "arcade" OR "simulation". We've designed it to bring fans of both together, to make a racing game that's fun and challenging without being intimidating.

So if you've never applied the brakes in a racing game before you'll need to learn that pretty quickly, but it's easy to get to grips with and you'll pick up the key skills as you earn the right to race faster and more powerful cars.
If you're a seasoned driver, well versed in the art of racecraft, you can make use of a wide range of advanced driving techniques that you'd expect to employ in a simulator, like trail braking, feathering the throttle and Scandinavian flicks to name just a few.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=535333056551059

VanWinkle

INSANE visuals. When that car drove past your right. It looked unbelievable. The game has this beautiful CGI look to it. Never seen anything like it. Especially in these last two clips.

Edit: Didn't see that the car that passed you on the right got a little bit of air shortly afterwards. Looked amazing.

Gravel sounds still need work, but as they say they're going to be improving audio. Sounds too sudden and harsh, needs a bit of a smooth release and attack I think.

Looks so natural now, can't imagine how much the new lighting is going to improve on it further!

On a side note, how bloody fast is that first car that passes going?

Gurish

WOW massive improvements!

At this rate they will get to the reveal trailer visuals eventually,they are already pretty close!

If they will do it,this will undoubtedly be the best looking racer ever.

Razgreez

Warned/encouraged gaffers not to question Evolution's ability to make a good looking game. When it comes to polish these guys never under-deliver. Hopefully the delay allows them to include features that were not originally in the pipeline for release/launch

Gspark

After watching these new videos. Delaying Driveclub definitely was a good call. I'm way more excited than I was around E3 and Gamescom.

I was disappointed when I saw the game live at the Gamescom, but the new footage (and also the previous Audi night video) is something else. Wow! I'll probably pick up the PS4 when it's out.

Wow, that new clip is extremely impressive. It looks far better now. I'm actually glad this was delayed now. I can only imagine what it will look like when it releases.

Vire

I love how the car hops when the road dips. Nice little touch.

The interior lighting looks a little off, but these clips are amazing.

Vidpixel

Looking good! Hopefully the delay will give Evolution Studios all the time they need to work out all the kinks and deliver us a great product.

Yasir

Stunning the amount of traction they've made in a few weeks; a few months delay i really hope they can hit that 60fps and weather.

GameSeeker

As many folks have remarked, the visuals are really coming together and showing off what a true next-gen racing title should look like.

What has impressed me the most in the last two teaser clips is the sound. The earlier clips (E3, Gamescom, TGS) showed off an excellent soundtrack, but the car sounds weren't noteworthy. The sounds in the latest clips are fantastic - engine sounds, car passing sounds, etc. are going to be a delight in Dolby Digital 5.1 or 7.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom