• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KonoSuba Season 2 |OT| EXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

unfortunately....

Someone saw and said, "hells no with that crap!"

It did fit perfectly here though, lol.

Similiar to Megumin, the emojis didn't have enough juice to last.
Now we need a mod to put them back every time before a new episode airs so that someone can remove them again afterwards :p

KONOSUBA-panty-thief.gif

Can't wait!

Episode 1

This was hilarious. From the Star Wars opening credits crawl, to the amazing ending where the crew loses all their stuff, I was laughing all the way through.

It was amazing.

My personal favourites were Aqua being a dumbass, and her constantly failing to get Kazuma out, the masks overlaid on Megumin and Darkness' faces for the second day, and when that one guy speaks up about Kazuma threatening to steal the two girls panties, and it shows him all pixelated in the background. That was hilarious.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
mxn97yN.gif

Episode 1

This was AMAZING.

Holy shit at their terrible efforts at getting him out of jail. They allowed him to take the blame for their personal fuck ups. I thought that interrogation bell was going to be fake, but lmao at him breaking down.

lol at Aqua crying at her alcohol being taken away

They took his fucking track jacket

THEY TOOK HIS FUCKING TRACK JACKET!

blakep267

Even going back to season 1, I always knew blowing up that castle was gonna come back and bite them in the butt
mxn97yN.gif

Episode 1

This was AMAZING.

Holy shit at their terrible efforts at getting him out of jail. They allowed him to take the blame for their personal fuck ups. I thought that interrogation bell was going to be fake, but lmao at him breaking down.

thats his fault for taking it off. Anime rule #1 is you don't take off your tracksuit when you get transported to a video game RPG world. He needs to take a note for Subaru

Rijasy

Neo Member
mxn97yN.gif

Episode 1

This was AMAZING.

Actually, at the end, you could see him clutching it tightly. His last possession. lol

Trojita

Episode 1

This was hilarious. From the Star Wars opening credits crawl, to the amazing ending where the crew loses all their stuff, I was laughing all the way through.

It was amazing.

My personal favourites were Aqua being a dumbass, and her constantly failing to get Kazuma out, the masks overlaid on Megumin and Darkness' faces for the second day, and when that one guy speaks up about Kazuma threatening to steal the two girls panties, and it shows him all pixelated in the background. That was hilarious.

It really is like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If you rewatch you'll notice that the morons left the masks at the front of the house with the rest of their things when they got home.

Trojita

Episode 1

It was amazing.

Even going back to season 1, I always knew blowing up that castle was gonna come back and bite them in the butt thats his fault for taking it off. Anime rule #1 is you don't take off your tracksuit when you get transported to a video game RPG world. He needs to take a note for Subaru

Kazuma has to deal with actual stat modifiers unlike Subaru!

Actually, at the end, you could see him clutching it tightly. His last possession. lol
Yep lol

H9SsaIV.png

Somehow, of all the things that I laughed at the hardest (other than Megumi's face during some of that shit) is his noodly armed half-assed anime dance in the opening. He just looks so unenthused about it.

I also laughed really hard when he was getting all uppity with the prosecutor who was getting more and more flustered and then he said "This is probably why you don't have a boyfriend" and it cut to her back to her cold-ass stare and Kazuma was like "...I'm sorry"

T-Rex.

Banned
The gender equality line and his dumb ass hand movements crack me up every single time. Shame it's only 10 episodes though :(

Trojita

The gender equality line and his dumb ass hand movements crack me up every single time. Shame it's only 10 episodes though :(
And Deen can't even fit in 12/13 episodes worth of animation into 10 episodes.

Deen gonna Deen.

Ascheroth

And Deen can't even fit in 12/13 episodes worth of animation into 10 episodes.

Deen gonna Deen.

Nah, the look is deliberate.
I posted this earlier, but again yes, Konosuba's off-kilter, "off-model" animation is the result of deliberate artistic decisions of character designer and chief animation director Koichi Kikuta. It is not the result of "DEEN" or laziness or incompetence or low budget or what have you. It's fine to not like the style Kikuta likes to use - I'm not always fond of it myself - but it's important to recognize that it is completely intentional.

It really is like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If you rewatch you'll notice that the morons left the masks at the front of the house with the rest of their things when they got home.

I noticed the masks hanging on the coat hanger in front of the house the first time through. I also loved how they did the masks the second night. They just reused (I think) the same clip from the first night, but just overlaid a static, unmoving picture of the masks on top of Megumin and Darkness' faces.

Cornbread78

The whole first half of this episode had me in tears. The toads, the fluid…. Megumin and the bath, OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOL. "Pedo-NEET" Megumin is awesome.... This was great yet again!

Episode 2

Oh boy, that was hilarious. Like was already said, the first and last thirds of this episode were the best. I was in stitches the entire time. The toads came back, and I love Megumin's nonchalantness when getting eaten, as well as the bath scene. Oh my god, Aqua's "Pedo-NEET" was great.

Seeing Megumin and Yunyun's backstories were also fun. That being said, seeing Yunyun's flashbacks just made me feel sorry for her. It was so cringeworthy, I felt like I needed to stop because this character was so pathetic. It was like watching Watamote all over again. Megumin winning was just the icing on the cake for this episode.

This show is great. S1 was one of my favourite shows of last year, and this is shaping up to be one of my favourites of this one.

This is basically my favorite anime in years. Comedy that works both in Western and Eastern tastes. And it's so self aware but doesn't ram it down your through while screaming "I'm clever!" Like so many slice of life or comedy anime shows do. Also anyone show that has a protagonist that is lovelably detestable yet absolutely hysterical is aces. It's sad the anime community is so indifferent to this versus hot garbage like Re:Zero ( Ram is best girl ). It's also interesting how the anime community has parts of it that are actually offended by the show clearly mocking SWO. Sometimes I really hate anime fans , as we are lucky to have such satirical show and yet most latch on to fan service shows like fly's to shit.

I hope this remains for many more seasons to come or as long as the studio can keep it this hysterical.

LotusHD

Banned
Surprise hit of last year. Thought it was just going to be another generic isekai story, but you end up with what is essentially the Always Sunny in Philadelphia crew if they were in a RPG fantasy world. A bunch of stupid assholes putting up with each other.

The artstyle being janky as hell also somehow manages to add to the comedy.

Lol I get where you're coming from with this description

Trojita

This episode lmao.

The toads. And them popping in and out.

Kazuma's snipe skill.

The bath scene.

The flower that ran away from Yunyun.

Megumin being a poor scavenger.

Kazuma and Aqua's reaction.

A+ Would laugh again

Hastati

I freaking died when the flower popped out of the ground and ran away

Episode 2 was great, I feel like Megumin's character has changed a bit and I like her even more. Was a bit confused at YunYuns introduction after the OVA (assuming that takes place later then). Anyway the show is off to a great start, Wednesdays are now the highlight of my week between this and Dragon Maid (edible dragon tails are so moe).

Trojita

That scene with Megumin stealing the bread and her sister cheering her on as a genius every time lol. The fuck is wrong with their home life.

LMAO at Megumin stealing Yunyun's lunch at Academy and Yunyun admitting that she paid for "friends" lunches. There was just so much in this episode.

Trojita

So wait, the s1 OVA isn't really Yunyun's first official appearance?

No. The OVA chronologically wouldn't take place after season 1 because of Kazuma's incarceration. I think Kazuma and Aqua knew who she was in the OVA too?

It's like when the Dragon Ball Z movies take place at a time that doesn't fit in with the TV episode/manga.

Hastati

That scene with Megumin stealing the bread and her sister cheering her on as a genius every time lol. The fuck is wrong with their home life.

LMAO at Megumin stealing Yunyun's lunch at Academy and Yunyun admitting that she paid for "friends" lunches. There was just so much in this episode.

The dead look in their eyes after they witnessed the horror of Megumin's and YunYun's childhood

Hope we get flashbacks of Darkness's upbringing, I bet it was...interesting

I freaking died when the flower popped out of the ground and ran away

Episode 2 was great, I feel like Megumin's character has changed a bit and I like her even more. Was a bit confused at YunYuns introduction after the OVA (assuming that takes place later then). Anyway the show is off to a great start, Wednesdays are now the highlight of my week between this and Dragon Maid (edible dragon tails are so moe).

Agreed dragon maid and konosuba makes Wednesdays great again.

I actually watched the ova right before this new ep and yeah everyone recognized yunyun and when the party definitely was poor and gloomy anymore.

Mazre

Episode 2

Thought this one was a lot of fun. Aqua being eaten by giant toads will never not be funny.

Really liked all the characterization we got for Megumin this episode as well, prior to this ep (haven't seen OVA) she had basically been explosions with a little general naivety mixed in. After this episode we see that's she's actually quite calculating and capable of being just as petty as Aqua and Kazuma.

I almost died after Yunyun fled from the store and Megumin pulled out a journal to mark down another "victory".

This season seems even better than the first so far. Both episodes have had me in stitches. Thank god for Konosuba, Monster Girls, and Showa otherwise this season would be rough on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom