• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegas holiday tips...

Shoot I need to look into seeing shows like BMG, O, etc. when I get into town Thursday.

What's the best way to get tickets?

Also food recommendations within walking distance of the Mandalay Bay?

bozeman

Wife veto'd the trip for July 11th-15th. Looks like we're now going July 4th-8th.

I've narrowed it down to Aria or Encore leaning heavily towards Encore. Vegas natives... Anything cool that goes on for 4th of July?

I think they close off The Strip for fireworks.

vypek

I wound up buying tickets to Ka

Shoot I need to look into seeing shows like BMG, O, etc. when I get into town Thursday.

What's the best way to get tickets?

Also food recommendations within walking distance of the Mandalay Bay?

There might be better ways but the way I did it was to go to vegas.com on mobile. There was a steeper discount when using the mobile site and I got my two tickets last night.

Interested about the food recommendations too because right now my friend and I have seen a huge list of places that seem to have good food. Only have a reservation at one restaurant at the moment and thinking of checking out The Buffet at Wynn. Pretty sure that doesn't need to be reserved though. Looking to eat at all sorts of places.

Keep in mind its insanely hot in vegas right now, DRINK LOTS OF WATER if you aren't used to 115-120 degree days you will not think about drinking water and you will get really fucked up. Really, really, really avoid being outside as much as possible.

Don't walk around on the strip, its a LOT of walking between hotels and while its great exercise the rest of the year, in the summertime its insane.

Keep in mind its insanely hot in vegas right now, DRINK LOTS OF WATER if you aren't used to 115-120 degree days you will not think about drinking water and you will get really fucked up. Really, really, really avoid being outside as much as possible.

Don't walk around on the strip, its a LOT of walking between hotels and while its great exercise the rest of the year, in the summertime its insane.

THIS.

I'm a Cali native so 110-120 degree days don't phase me much (I mean they do but my body is more used to it) so if you've never been in that kinda heat stay hydrated fam.

Heat stress is real.

vypek

Got Raku for Wednesday evening. Gotta figure out tuesday's meal.

Not sure if it's your style or not but maybe a buffet. The few people I know that have gone said that pretty much any buffet is actually surprisingly good.

I plan to go to The Buffet at Wynn not too long after I land.

hwalker84

Not sure if it's your style or not but maybe a buffet. The few people I know that have gone said that pretty much any buffet is actually surprisingly good.

I plan to go to The Buffet at Wynn not too long after I land.

Well that's where I'm staying. So that'll probably be my first meal. We get in at 8am.

hwalker84

So I'm going back again... Woohoo!! This time on the companies dime staying at the Aria.

Going to Raku again the Monday I get in.

Looking for a show to go to. Saw 'O' the first time and it was absolutely incredible. Taking suggestions on another.

vypek

So I'm going back again... Woohoo!! This time on the companies dime staying at the Aria.

Looking for a show to go to. Saw 'O' the first time and it was absolutely incredible. Taking suggestions on another.

Awesome. Have a fun trip :)

I thought about going back but the person I went with says isn't too keen on it because it was way too hot when we went

Booked at the Encore. Saved almost $300 booking the same room on Agoda. Went with a slightly later flight and saved $200 more bucks. Super happy for the wife and I coming in under $1300 for flight and hotel.

Oops, didn't see how far behind the times I was . . .

The Encore is a great hotel and there are some fantastic restaurants and clubs in this hotel and the adjoining Wynn tower. There's a lot of fun stuff to do in and around the strip, as many people have noted, but I also would make that recommended trip out to Red Rock. It's not that far from where you are staying, and it's a visual treat with great hiking options.

Also, I second what the one guy said about the bar scene right outside of Fremont Street. Lots of cool places have cropped up - I think in large part due to the redevelopment efforts led by the Zappos founder - and there are still some cool, old standbys (e..g, The Atomic).

Finally, people will probably crucify me for saying this, but I would just come prepared to spend some money. You'll have more fun that way, and in a year you'll care more that you had a great time and didn't stress about the expense than the fact that you somehow saved $200 by not doing a particular activity.

try to get a ticket for Le Reve. it's also really amazing, especially if you like O. since you're on the company dime, want to go try something with a higher price tag? the Picasso restaurant at Bellagio is an experience you won't regret. great food, a beautiful view of the Bellagio fountain, and surrounding by priceless Picasso paintings. and the price really isn't that bad also all things consider. I think maybe around $200 per person if you don't go too crazy with the wine or pick Wagu beef and stuff. btw, the quail is must try if you go.

the Highroller observation wheel is also kinda fun if you want to sit with a cocktail while enjoying the strip's view. can also go to the Stratosphere's observation deck at 108+ floors to get a view of the Vegas night lights. maybe even try their Skyjump thing too.

hwalker84

Oops, didn't see how far behind the times I was . . .

The Encore is a great hotel and there are some fantastic restaurants and clubs in this hotel and the adjoining Wynn tower. There's a lot of fun stuff to do in and around the strip, as many people have noted, but I also would make that recommended trip out to Red Rock. It's not that far from where you are staying, and it's a visual treat with great hiking options.

Also, I second what the one guy said about the bar scene right outside of Fremont Street. Lots of cool places have cropped up - I think in large part due to the redevelopment efforts led by the Zappos founder - and there are still some cool, old standbys (e..g, The Atomic).

Finally, people will probably crucify me for saying this, but I would just come prepared to spend some money. You'll have more fun that way, and in a year you'll care more that you had a great time and didn't stress about the expense than the fact that you somehow saved $200 by not doing a particular activity.

Yeah. I definitely spent on that trip. I think for the drinks, shows, UFC fight, trips and dinner i dropped another $3000 on top of the ticket and hotel.

I guess I should share my album from my last trip.

hwalker84

try to get a ticket for Le Reve. it's also really amazing, especially if you like O. since you're on the company dime, want to go try something with a higher price tag? the Picasso restaurant at Bellagio is an experience you won't regret. great food, a beautiful view of the Bellagio fountain, and surrounding by priceless Picasso paintings. and the price really isn't that bad also all things consider. I think maybe around $200 per person if you don't go too crazy with the wine or pick Wagu beef and stuff. btw, the quail is must try if you go.

the Highroller observation wheel is also kinda fun if you want to sit with a cocktail while enjoying the strip's view. can also go to the Stratosphere's observation deck at 108+ floors to get a view of the Vegas night lights. maybe even try their Skyjump thing too.

Isn't Le Reve like an almost as good version of 'O'? Someone filmed the entire thing and put it online. I just skipped through it but it didn't seem as good. I was thinking show wise to be something totally different.

Top Bottom