• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles |OT| Nickelodeon made a funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

This all looks absolutely terrible, but beyond all... what the FUCK is that theme "song"?! Horrifying.

it's catchy as hell

and the last frame of the opening is an homage to this

01cover.jpg

how can you hate on this

RoadHazard

Gold Member
well duh

but this one still works. It doesnt go as far as to be all "OMG RAP SO EXTREME" and it still presents every character much like the original.

Well, maybe it isn't quite as bad as my first reaction. I was just, honestly, shocked. Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Yeah, I like the new take on the theme much better than the 2k3 opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0F0GAnrv_M

That one is also just so bad it's sad.

Pachinko

It's airing on YTV HD this saturday, I set my pvr to record it. It is very odd indeed to see a property that I loved so much as a child get once again resurrected..

Retro

The animation looks kind of... cheap. Like decade-old quality. Also not digging on the out-of-place anime-esque symbols and such popping up (the end of the "Training" video has lots of examples) with little sound effects. It feels like they're trying to hard.

That said, I grew up loving Ninja Turtles and despite some hesitation even liked the TMNT CGI movie they did a few years back. I just wish this looked a little better in the quality department. Still, I'm willing to give it a few episodes, and it can't possibly be worse than the third Live Action movie.

If it creates a resurgence in popularity for the franchise and maybe gets us a 4-player Co-op Arkham City-esque TMNT game though, then I say let it ride.

DonMigs85

The animation looks kind of... cheap. Like decade-old quality. Also not digging on the out-of-place anime-esque symbols and such popping up (the end of the "Training" video has lots of examples) with little sound effects. It feels like they're trying to hard.

That said, I grew up loving Ninja Turtles and despite some hesitation even liked the TMNT CGI movie they did a few years back. I just wish this looked a little better in the quality department. Still, I'm willing to give it a few episodes, and it can't possibly be worse than the third Live Action movie.

If it creates a resurgence in popularity for the franchise and maybe gets us a 4-player Co-op Arkham City-esque TMNT game though, then I say let it ride.

It's like Teen Titans to the extreme

Retro

It's like Teen Titans to the extreme

I'm not saying it's BAD, it just feels... out of place? Kind of artificial, like they're trying too hard to be anime-ish or something and it's just not working. I dunno, I feel bad saying "Anime-ish" because I don't watch much of it, but I've seen this sort of thing before and it just doesn't seem to fit. And I don't even mind the rap intro; that at least fits.

I dunno, I don't think it's nostalgia blinders, it just genuinely seems... lame. Other than the low quality of the animation, everything else was fine... oh, but that April has got to go.

deduce

I'm surprised I liked the intro and the training clip. I think the art style is growing on me. Although hearing Raph's voice come out of Don was odd.

Retro

If they introduce Casey Jones he's probably gonna be a wimpy, nerdy kid.

I'm not saying this is a good thing, but from their perspective, that probably makes a lot of sense; a nerdy, awkward kid who adopts an ultra-macho tough-guy sports-based persona to fight crime.

I'm surprised I liked the intro and the training clip. I think the art style is growing on me. Although hearing Raph's voice come out of Don was odd.

It kind of shifts into Yakko Warner too (for obvious reasons). Very odd that they brought Rob Paulsen in but as Donatello, the only reasons I can think for it is A). They're trying really hard to break from the 80s version or B). Paulsen just didn't want to do the character again. Probably wrong on both counts, but that's all I can come up with.

deduce

It kind of shifts into Yakko Warner too (for obvious reasons). Very odd that they brought Rob Paulsen in but as Donatello, the only reasons I can think for it is A). They're trying really hard to break from the 80s version or B). Paulsen just didn't want to do the character again. Probably wrong on both counts, but that's all I can come up with.
Yakko! Wow, I hear it now but I never made that connection before. Looks like I need to hit up IMDB.

Geeze, that theme song hurts my ears

And the animation looks more video game than cartoon

The training clip was pretty good though

G-Fex

I don't even remember what 2003 April looked like, but don't expect sexy females in today's kids shows.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh, wow, awesome! I've been posting at the drome about this show for weeks with the other TMNT fans. Really looking forward to it. Even bought the HD season pass on iTunes. Subscribing!

Just found out this starts on Monday in the UK on Nickelodeon... will give it a go.

I am 28, and have no kids, but I WILL WATCH, screw you!

Rootbeer

Banned
Cowabunga Corner, a long-running fan-made internet show for turtle fans, is starting to interview those involved with the new Nick TMNT show

Ciro Niel, the man responsible for shaping the direction of the new show, has some great things to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpqvKUmmmh0&

Check out the show backlog for countless hours of more content, too

Recon

Banned
This looks suprisingly decent. I like the new designs even though I grew up on the original cartoon. The animation is the only problem for me. Not so much a problem, but that trailer made it seem odd for some reason.

That brah seemed really nervous around that thing that was interviewing him. Cowabunga needs to be said, booyakasha is not a suitable replacement.

Tizoc

Tch whatever TMNT you've known as a kid, you were being lied to, this is the real TMNT-
7ML3V.jpg

At any rate, here's hoping ti'll be good, I don't care much whether it's 2D or 3D, if the writing's good that's all that matters.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Will watch cause Turtles but I'm deeply at odds with some of these design choices...

Enk

makes good threads.
I initially disliked the designs but the trailers and clips shows a bit more life than I expected. Seems like they're going for more of the 80's TMNT cartoon with Shredder and Krang as the main villains. Could be decent enough (still pine for a series based on the REAL ninja turtles though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom