• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New "Games under €20" sale

Soar

I would like some opinions on Nioh and Gravity Rush 2.

How is Nioh compared to Soulsborne games? I have played Dark Souls series on my PC and soon will beat Bloodborne so I need something to fill the void.

How better is GR2 compared to 1? I was rather underwhelmed by GR1, primarily because of the rather bland early story and sidequests, up until the bossfight
against the crystal thief.

I know that there are tons of reviews for these 2 games but I would like to hear GAF's testimonies.

If you have the Pro, Nioh is amazing. 60fps and almost instant reload time takes it over any of the souls games for me. I didn't mind the enemy recycling at all, and playing the dlc now getting my ass kicked once again.

burnfout

Insane sale! All games I've been wanting to pick up, hell yeah!!

Bioshock collection € 20
Wolfenstein new order€ 5
Valkyria Chronicles € 7
Xcom Digital Deluxe € 20
Metro Redux € 10
GTA 3 and San Andreas € 14

10 games for € 76. I'll take it!!

How is Red Dead Revolver?

Oreiller

I would like some opinions on Nioh and Gravity Rush 2.

How is Nioh compared to Soulsborne games? I have played Dark Souls series on my PC and soon will beat Bloodborne so I need something to fill the void.

How better is GR2 compared to 1? I was rather underwhelmed by GR1, primarily because of the rather bland early story and sidequests, up until the bossfight
against the crystal thief.

I know that there are tons of reviews for these 2 games but I would like to hear GAF's testimonies.
Nioh is much more combat focused than Souls games, it's much more in depth and is overall faster. However, its level design is much more linear and the game quickly becomes quite repetitive as the enemy and environment variety is severly lacking. It's still a fantastic game though and well worth its price.

As for Gravity Rush 2, it's a joy to control and it looks great but its mission design isn't great and it doesn't really improve much on the first game. If you weren't a fan of the first game, I can't see this one changing your mind tbh.

ISee

Was the base game worth it, especially in terms of time investment?

Depends on your personal preferences. I enjoyed the openes of Praque and the way it changed as the game progressed, the setting is great, the side quests and exploration were also good. Gameplay was okay, but nothing to go crazy about. My biggest negative was the main story, which is clearly unfinished.

Bishop89

Is Max Payne (ps2-ps4) good port?

I have the PC versions but my laptop is pretty old and not setup to play games really.

I'm thinking of getting Yooka-laylee possibly too. This game good?

Oh and Dead Effect 2, this any good?

Nioh has legit good gameplay for sure, and enough build variety for me. Landscape and enemy are not varied enough though, especially enemies. I didn't have a problem with level design but open interconnected maps are exclusive to soulsborne.

I got Nioh at launch full price and for sure didn't regret it. Now it's cheaper and has some qol improvements. Go for it. I find it hard to go back to souls gameplay after the speed and stances on Nioh. It's not the better overall game though. That's Bloodborne to me, probably.

If you have the Pro, Nioh is amazing. 60fps and almost instant reload time takes it over any of the souls games for me. I didn't mind the enemy recycling at all, and playing the dlc now getting my ass kicked once again.

Nioh is much more combat focused than Souls games, it's much more in depth and is overall faster. However, its level design is much more linear and the game quickly becomes quite repetitive as the enemy and environment variety is severly lacking. It's still a fantastic game though and well worth its price.

As for Gravity Rush 2, it's a joy to control and it looks great but its mission design isn't great and it doesn't really improve much on the first game. If you weren't a fan of the first game, I can't see this one changing your mind tbh.

Thank you for the input. Nioh sold.

As for GR2, It's a damn shame to hear that mission design is not improved, since it is really putting me off despite almost everything else being right up my alley.

xrnzaaas

Huh, didn't expect combat to be a weak point. I might still check it out though. A cornergun sounds great!

Thanks for the heads up.

Combat is dull and the enemies are braindead, basically doesn't matter which weapon you use to kill them. Using the cornergun to shoot from a cover seems like a cool thing to do (you can even combine that with thermal vision to locate enemies), but it's only a waste of time. Outside of combat (and a tutorial) the cornergun comes in handy only once to solve an optional puzzle. The rest of the game is awesome though and it really shines in the audio department.

Thank you for the input. Nioh sold.

As for GR2, It's a damn shame to hear that mission design is not improved, since it is really putting me off despite almost everything else being right up my alley.

Nioh is great. You won't regret it. Absolutely brutal, but the combat is thoroughly excellent and it almost feels like a character action game at times.

As for GR2, I love the series but it's true that the mission design didn't improve much between instalments which is the sequel's biggest flaw. If the other aspects of the first game didn't feel like enough to carry you through then hang on until GR2 gets a much bigger price drop. Knowing these smaller Sony games it'll be £8/€10 before too long.

KORNdoggy

Salt & Sanctuary begs to differ! ;)

I liked Divinity,but is less fluid than Salt...ended up playing it alone

i honestly though that games co-op implementation was terrible. you just fell off the screen if you separated. as far as fluidity goes, it's pretty much awful. divinity however was great. menu can be accessed individually. the screen split and merged based on proximity. you could both go to the opposite ends of the earth and do different quests and they even incorporated a system to deal with narrative choices and differences of opinion.

JP

Do people think it;s worth paying extra for Little Nightmares Complete Edition over the standard edition?

Snoopycat

Banned
Bioshock's opening is my all time favorite. I remember being blown away with the flames on the water, the moonlight, the tail of the plane sinking under the waves and the steps leading up to the tower. I skipped the sequel. I thought Infinite was ok. It had it's moments. The gospel choir and Elizabeth were good. There were too many gunfights for my liking but £16 is a real bargain. I'll have to dig out my wallet.

Endo Punk

May pick up Destroy all Humans as its £5. I played the demo back when and enjoyed it, how is the full game and is the sequel more of the same or better?

JP

The description sucks but I believe it comes with all the DLC. So I'd assume it's worth it.
After looking into I went for the complete edition. Although it's not very clear on the PlayStation Store, according to the website the game is getting another two additional chapters after the one that was released in June.

I found this info on IGN, it sounds like it's well worth paying an extra £6 for the complete edition.
IGN (7th June) said:
The first of the new chapters, The Depth, takes place in the Maw's decayed, flooded basement and will be released in July. The Hideaway, a "machine-themed section," will follow in November. The final chapter, described only as "a last secret location offering a different perspective on [Little Nightmares protagonist] Six’s adventures," is due out in January 2018.
You do also get additional costumes with the complete edition but I'm not sure if they really do anything.

Damn all these PSN sales have been pretty great

Grabbed TES Online Gold Edition, Sherlock Holmes the Devil's Daughter & Among the Sleep
There's a few others I'm tempted by but I'm resisting atm

After looking into I went for the complete edition. Although it's not very clear on the PlayStation Store, according to the website the game is getting another two additional chapters after the one that was released in June.

I found this info on IGN, it sounds like it's well worth paying an extra £6 for the complete edition.

You do also get additional costumes with the complete edition but I'm not sure if they really do anything.

Cheers, I guess I'll buy that one then.

JP

Cheers, I guess I'll buy that one then.
Hey, your avatar combined with me being Welsh could just mean that I'm lying because of decades of Kiwi misery over here!!! 😉
I bought it myself so I so hope the DLC is worth it.

the movie game has the most consistent lego stylings which i prefer visually (everything is made of lego) plus i prefer the humour

but personally i liked the marvel superheroes lego game and lego city the most in terms of content and gameplay. batman was good too.
Thanks very much, I went for Marvel Superheroes. Was interested in City but the credit came to £17 and that game was nearer £30.

I think the last time I really dove into a Lego game was a Star Wars one on my friend's PS2. I've played a tiny bit of Lego Harry Potter 1-4 since then, but that's about it.

Do you want planetary landings or not? Only spent about 50 hours with it, but that's the biggest feature the deluxe edition has over the standard edition.

Crashes every now and then, but the game does a good job of saving your progress. Works excellently with a controller, although a hotas stick would obviously be preferable.

It does.

It's probably worth mentioning that the ED season pass is just that. A pass for the current season of which IIRC all the content is already out. The next time there's a large ish change it's likely to be a separate paid expansion just as horizons was.

I think only people who bought it during the PC beta at the right price point have the fully permanent season pass that covers all expansions.

UV-6

Hmm, Wolfenstein: The New Order at £3.99. Could be a good pickup to get into the series before the sequel comes out.

Is it any good?

hobdal

Neo Member
Hmm, Wolfenstein: The New Order at £3.99. Could be a good pickup to get into the series before the sequel comes out.

Is it any good?

It's fantastic. Amazing single player FPS, fun game play and a good story. Great voice acting too. Absolute steal for £3.99.

brawly

Told myself I'd only spend 100 and the PS+ 15 month deal took half of that, so:

Valkyria Chronicles (official triple dipper)
Shadow of Mordor GotY
DMC4
Nex Machina
Wolfenstein TNO

Thorrgal

i honestly though that games co-op implementation was terrible. you just fell off the screen if you separated. as far as fluidity goes, it's pretty much awful. divinity however was great. menu can be accessed individually. the screen split and merged based on proximity. you could both go to the opposite ends of the earth and do different quests and they even incorporated a system to deal with narrative choices and differences of opinion.

Too much menu managament and too little action for my co-op partner...played one session and would not touch the game again :/

Regarding falling out of the screen I don't remember that ever happening to us. I guess is not that hard not to get separated to that extend

I will pick up TWD Season 3 and Minecraft Season 1...I'm a sucker for Teltale games.

Regarding the rest I got a friend to pick up The Witcher 3 and another to pick up Wolfenstein TNO...both are a steal at that price indeed

There also seems to be a Lego sale and a PS3+Vita sale.

Big one on the PS3 sale is Deus Ex Human Revolution Complete Edition for €3. This does not seem to be the Director's Cut, but the original is quite fine and you're getting the DLC too. If you want to play Mankind Divided on PS4 (on the other sale), I highly recommend playing Human Revolution first if you still have a PS3 around, no excuses at this price.

Actually, you're wrong this time. At least, Witcher and/or xcom have their individual dlc on sale as well as their season pass. I think Deus ex too, and Nioh but that's from last sale I think.

Only those? I didn't check for Witcher 3 since the whole GOTY version never got less than 25€. Tell me when this will happen, maybe when a GTA5 sale drops the game below 35€ which will never happen. In sales I always look for DLCs of games proposed in PSN Plus like Lord Of The Fallen, Doki-Doki Universe, Escape Plan etc... They never propose sales for DLCs of such games. Even MGS5 didn't get its DLCs on sale while it did many times on Steam. I was forced to buy the DLCs full priced which costed more than the Defintive Edition full priced.

GeeTeeCee

I'm tempted to get the PSP version of Tomb Raider: Anniversary to play on my Vita. The price is great, and I remember the port being pretty decent (lack of a second analog stick aside) but I really wish they would put the PS2 version on PS4.

the lego games whether ps4, 3, v, is there a collection? cause i would prefer to buy collection, like how steam does it, bundling everything up

bitbydeath

Very tempted to buy MGSV at that price, getting time to play with Uncharted about to release is the only problem.

Might wait to see what next months PS+ games are before pulling the pin.

Bishop89

Is Max Payne (ps2-ps4) good port?

I have the PC versions but my laptop is pretty old and not setup to play games really.

I'm thinking of getting Yooka-laylee possibly too. This game good?

Oh and Dead Effect 2, this any good?

Anyone?

Catvoca

Banned
Can anyone recommend Marvel ultimate alliance? Did they clean up the ports since launch, I heard there were problems?

Top Bottom