• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Zhao_Yun

I used Coolshop when the GBP was really high, since buying in € was cheaper during that time, but nowadays they are really expensive in comparison to most UK shops.

I'm looking to buy the Eisenhorn Trilogy of books; is there any online retailer selling all 3 books for cheap? Amazon UK has each book for GBP 9.

I have the omnibus book, got it for like £8 goes for a lot these days.

If used isn't a problem trawl the charity shops.

Intel_89

Has anyone seen Shadow Warrior for PS4 at a decent price recently? I swear it hit sub £10 months ago and noa I can't find it under 20.

Shiggy

Is Game UK the only place where you can still buy the Nintendo Classic Mini? A friend of mine suddenly also wants one.

Sakujou

Banned
A week or two ago and they haven't given a specific reason. Posted some speculation at the end of the last thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894608&page=401

http://www.thegamecollection.net/delivery-destinations/
at the end, they say, it is only currently for now, so i hope they the settle the problem soon. i just checked my account and the last order was in july with monster hunter generations.
so lets hope the supplier problem with get settled soon.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Just bought a used PS4, any tips on good and cheap games to buy? Already own Bloodborne (which was my main motivation for getting it). But what else is there?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is Game UK the only place where you can still buy the Nintendo Classic Mini? A friend of mine suddenly also wants one.
Are they desperate for it at launch? Most places say they're getting new stock in December.

timewyrm

Uncharted 4 currently on sale on the psn store for £25.74 including + discount. If you buy £25 credit from cdkeys, the game works out to just under £22 if my maths is correct.

Is that likely to be the cheapest price this year?

timewyrm

Does the psn store allow you to use two different methods of payment ? If I top up £25 can I use paypal to pay an extra 74p ?

Does the psn store allow you to use two different methods of payment ? If I top up £25 can I use paypal to pay an extra 74p ?

No at the same time, I mean if you top up, It should be in chunks of $5, but if you buy the thing directly with paypal it will charge you the xx.75p (except if it's less than $5) or that is how it used to work, I don't know if they changed the rules.

timewyrm

I don't know if I've made it sound more confusing that it is lol. I'm going to top up £25 using a code from cdkeys, but the game is £25.74. Will the psn store let me pay just 74p, or will I have to top up an extra £5 just to pay 74p ?

I don't know if I've made it sound more confusing that it is lol. I'm going to top up £25 using a code from cdkeys, but the game is £25.74. Will the psn store let me pay just 74p, or will I have to top up an extra £5 just to pay 74p ?

extra 5 =(, if you go to the support chat and explain them the situation they may give you a 5% discount or something, so you don't have to top up, it worked twice for me with thing like that that where less than 1 =).

(I think the chat is only NA, so you'll have to call them maybe?)

JJShadow

Just got a message from SimplyGames telling me that my copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 has been already shipped. This is almost a week ahead release date (11th October)

Has anyone who pre-ordered the game got the same message?

timewyrm

extra 5 =(, if you go to the support chat and explain them the situation they may give you a 5% discount or something, so you don't have to top up, it worked twice for me with thing like that that where less than 1 =).

Cool, thanks.

Celine

Oh didn't see that. Which places indicate that? Can't find it in Germany for pre-order anymore at all.
You can preorder on Amazon.it (it's 59 euro) but I'm not sure when they'll dispatch the item because there is a warning that say that due to high demand they can't guarantee to ship the orders at launch day.

Shiggy

You can preorder on Amazon.it (it's 59 euro) but I'm not sure when they'll dispatch the item because there is a warning that say that due to high demand they can't guarantee to ship the orders at launch day.

They don't ship to Germany, I already tried.

timewyrm

Just to let you guys know, I phoned Sony and they said you can use two separate payment options, and it worked for me! Only took the extra 74p from Paypal.

Downloading Uncharted 4 now !!!

Shopping for broadband is such a joke. I'm still having to do ridiculous math to find out the cheapest deal.

I waste my time shopping around, call up TalkTalk and they're like okay okay £28.75, unlimited fibre, unlimited calls and line rental. Down from the £50.45 they wanted. For those of you without TV packages what are you paying for fibre?

Shopping for broadband is such a joke. I'm still having to do ridiculous math to find out the cheapest deal.

I waste my time shopping around, call up TalkTalk and they're like okay okay £28.75, unlimited fibre, unlimited calls and line rental. Down from the £50.45 they wanted. For those of you without TV packages what are you paying for fibre?

I moved into a place at the start of February and ordered Virgin fibre and then had a few weeks of them dicking around getting permission from my landlord and then another few weeks before the install date. Then they cancelled 3 days before they were due to install and now I have ADSL through BT (which, has thankfully been pretty good for DSL and close to the theoretical max). It's still not fibre, though.

One of my previous ISPs was the infamous Comcast in the US and they weren't as shit as Virgin.

I had Virgin as a student and.. eh they were great one year. Then they swapped our modem and it went to shit at 3.30pm every day. I figured bandwidth management kicked in around the time the kids got in on that particular modem. Wouldn't be against trying them again but I'd definitely cancel if they had noticeable management.

I pay something like £19.85 (loyal customer discount) for BT Infinity 2 (78MB), unlimited. Plus £18.99 phone line rental.

RiggyRob

BT is reliable once you get past the customer service aspect,Virgin Media is fastest if you can get the 100mb/s or 300mb/s upgrade option. £18.99/17.99 line rental is standard, it depends on what you want to pay extra on top of that.

I moved into a place at the start of February and ordered Virgin fibre and then had a few weeks of them dicking around getting permission from my landlord and then another few weeks before the install date. Then they cancelled 3 days before they were due to install and now I have ADSL through BT (which, has thankfully been pretty good for DSL and close to the theoretical max). It's still not fibre, though.

One of my previous ISPs was the infamous Comcast in the US and they weren't as shit as Virgin.

What you need realise though is that all UK ISPs use the same engineers.

glaurung

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if the cheapest I can find Deus Ex Mankind Divided PS4 for Mainland Europe delivery is on The Game Collection (about 37€ delivered)

I know as a Squeenix game it'll get way cheaper but I kind of want to play it now...thanks !
Square Enix games do tend to get very cheap very quickly, but this might be an exception. Since we know this will be one of the few 4K games on PS4 Pro, people are buying it just to have it ready for that.

Might not go very cheap before that.

Top Bottom