• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Gyro says 'Shitsurei' which means 'excuse me'.

Now 'shi' is four, 'tsu'' is how they would say the english 'two' and 'rei' is 'zero'.

So he goes from four fingers to two fingers to a zero with his thumb and forefinger.

Joke is kinda dumb to be honest.

Ah so it's a pun type joke? Japanese people seem rather fond of it.
I personally like 3-9 4-eva =3

Right so Tusk Act 2 is just a homing Spin.
The Golden Rectangle is quite interesting, mathematically speaking.

Is it the joke where he's saying every day of the week and suddenly becomes retarded? Because the only thing I found funny about that were his faces :p

1341467676936.jpg

I heard there's a Japanese comedian whose schtick is to say the days of the week in a goofy way. Apparently that's a reference to him.

Tizoc

OK I'm reading the Civil War arc in Part 7 now and
of the Corpse assembled in the church, the heart is among them; wasn't that in Valentine's possesion early at the start of the race?

EDIT: Speaking of which, Civil War's ability is similar to Underworld, not that it's an issue really, but the concept behind Civil War makes it a dangerous Stand to battle against.

OK I'm reading the Civil War arc in Part 7 now and
of the Corpse assembled in the church, the heart is among them; wasn't that in Valentine's possesion early at the start of the race?

EDIT: Speaking of which, Civil War's ability is similar to Underworld, not that it's an issue really, but the concept behind Civil War makes it a dangerous Stand to battle against.

Funny:

Yes that is correct, the heart as assumed with story has been in possession of Funny longer than any corpse part. He of course gave it up for the total body to be completed

Civil War seems broken now but you'll see.

Tizoc

Yeah I could see that happening actually.
Speaking of which..Valentine's Napkin speech is...amazing.

fertygo

Yeah the villain in Jojo is black as they get, Dio, Cars, Kira, Diavolo, or even Pucci

only Valentine so far that became antagonist only because his reason conflicting with the protags.

laaame

Well Dio, Kars, and Diavolo literally just want to rule the world with their power. And Pucci has his own illogical reasoning for his motives which can sorta be considered ruling with power.

Kira doesn't really have any intentions of world domination, he just wants to live a quiet life. He could of killed every stand user in Duwang, except maybe Jotaro, but he chose to stay hidden because he isn't pure evil. I guess living a normal life with the occasional killing a girl might be considered evil, but he is pretty low on the Jojo scale of evil.

TokiDoki

Well Dio, Kars, and Diavolo literally just want to rule the world with their power. And Pucci has his own illogical reasoning for his motives which can sorta be considered ruling with power.

Kira doesn't really have any intentions of world domination, he just wants to live a quiet life. He could of killed every stand user in Duwang, except maybe Jotaro, but he chose to stay hidden because he isn't pure evil. I guess living a normal life with the occasional killing a girl might be considered evil, but he is pretty low on the Jojo scale of evil.

Killing a girl and the girl's family so that he can then cut off her hand and play with it isn't pure evil ? Hmm probably , I think that is more like mental issue .

Yonafunu

Kira isn't evil, he's a crazy person. That's why he's interesting, because he's so conflicting.
He becomes more cookiecutter evil at the end though, which is a shame.

And how about Cioccolatta . That guy is beyond fcked up .

I see him more as an assassin that clearly had mental problems.

I'd like to get into more details but it would be spoiler heavy. Aside from the aforementioned villains above, most jojo foes are people that snapped in some way. Thus they lead themselves to be bad. I actually was going to say pucci wasn't really evil. LOL he's a crazy dio fanboy

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pucci really felt what he was doing was for the greater good of man kind. Similar with Funny Valentine (Everything for AMERICA!)

Was it ever explained why Diavolo wanted to hid his identity so much?

Pucci really felt what he was doing was for the greater good of man kind. Similar with Funny Valentine (Everything for AMERICA!)

Was it ever explained why Diavolo wanted to hid his identity so much?

No connections = no leverage for anyone to use against him = being untouchable is how I summed it up.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Dude had freakin' multiple personalities. He wasn't that right in the head.

Tizoc

@SolarKnight- Nah I think it was mostly Joshuu and JoJo observing and getting affected by the Stand to study it and find a way of defeating it.

A new chapter of Jojolion came out by the way.

I was JUST about to ask about this lol.

Articalys

Okay, so let's see, the full contents of the 20,000 yen JOJOVELLER box set are:

- the main artbook "Jojoveller", with 300 pictures from Stone Ocean through JoJolion, along with Araki comments on older illustrations and the pictures at the JoJoten art exhibition you see in the video above.

- the Stand Book, a comprehensive guidebook that describes every single Stand in the series so far, with Araki commentary on each (maybe this will finally settle all the KC/GER debates).

- the History Book, with interviews between Araki and all his former editors.

- finally, two Blu-ray documentaries, as seen in the last two short clips above -- one that focuses on the JoJoten exhibition, and one on Araki's studio and working process.
(source)

What leverage would someone gain by knowing who he was? Freeze his bank account? Threaten to kill his daughter? Arrest him?

A really powerful stand user could kill him if they ever snuck up on him. He would have to have Epitaph on 24/7 and I think he wanted to avoid that.

Tizoc

Okay, so let's see, the full contents of the 20,000 yen JOJOVELLER box set are:

- the main artbook "Jojoveller", with 300 pictures from Stone Ocean through JoJolion, along with Araki comments on older illustrations and the pictures at the JoJoten art exhibition you see in the video above.

- the Stand Book, a comprehensive guidebook that describes every single Stand in the series so far, with Araki commentary on each (maybe this will finally settle all the KC/GER debates).

- the History Book, with interviews between Araki and all his former editors.

- finally, two Blu-ray documentaries, as seen in the last two short clips above -- one that focuses on the JoJoten exhibition, and one on Araki's studio and working process.

(source)

Holy shit, I need this if only for the artbooks XO.

I seriously hope that at least the stand database gets translated by someone. At the very least GER and KC?

And damn, the Jojoveller trailer sure puts into perspective how big the series/Araki is.

dan2026

Wow anyone who claims Jojo is a relatively minor deal, just needs to check out those videos.

Somebody needs to get their finger out and make Jojo a big deal in the west as well.

^ I think that was probably a nod to the rock influence the series has. Or it was just wtfness to put into the ep

What I love about Jojo is that Araki has never(as far as I can tell) let his creative integrity give way to sales/popularity.

Did he even do that in the manga? I can't remember it like that.

Anyways, Tumblr has provided me with more proof that Cars is indeed the ultimate being.

tumblr_mjxbhi8sJM1rtydigo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom