• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eshop time restrictions, wtf?

I noticed a few weeks ago I couldn't watch 18 rated videos on the 3ds eshop before 11pm, pretty ridiculous but no big deal I guess, well seems the same thing happens on the Wii u, literally no 18 rated content can be accessed before 11, I can't look up any info on zombi u or even buy it if I wanted to (not that I'd pay the stupid price) same with all other 18 rated games

Seriously Nintendo needs to sort this shit out and fast

dwu8991

Banned
I noticed a few weeks ago I couldn't watch 18 rated videos on the 3ds eshop before 11pm, pretty ridiculous but no big deal I guess, well seems the same thing happens on the Wii u, literally no 18 rated content can be accessed before 11, I can't look up any info on zombi u or even buy it if I wanted to (not that I'd pay the stupid price) same with all other 18 rated games

Seriously Nintendo needs to sort this shit out and fast

GROW UP !

FSLink

Banned
Ahahaha, this is such a hilarious feature. Sorry TC. The 50 cents thing is still kind of odd since there's no refund though.

i wish Nintendo would release how many people paid 50¢ for the child account thing.
lol how old are you op? edit-ah 32 hmmmm seems like you did something wrong
just fake your age

pargonta

this does seem to be an issue today, i see 1 or 2 other people reporting problems elsewhere... unless that's you.

maybe there is a glitch in the european parental ratings today. i blame nintendo.

Instro

In all seriousness, that's part of parental controls. If its not an issue on your end then there might be some sort of server problem.

Hi babe. I unlocked the system for you this time. Make sure if you leave your video game on that you close *those* sites.

Love Nana.

Nintendo charges one one hundredth the cost of a year of Xbox Live to set up a Nintendo Network child account.
reggieinfoministerqxbb2.png

Gotta keep up with that damage control I see

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I have to put in my DOB every single time I want watch a video or view an M-rated game on the eshop or Wii Shop channel as well. I don't know what the deal is either but it's quite irritating.

What does that have to do with paying 50 cents to make an account if you're under 18 on a Nintendo console?
Nothing. Having to pay for an account is stupid any way you slice it. Nintendo's method is just to get out of any potential lawsuit from dumbass parents. Doesnt make it okay though.

Instro

I have to put in my DOB every single time I want watch a video or view an M-rated game on the eshop or Wii Shop channel as well. I don't know what the deal is either but it's quite irritating.

Damn, so Valve really was involved.

I wish it gave me the chance to, its either after 11 or nothing

11PM...but thats past my bedtime.

I wonder if its something on the 3DS eShop interpretation of the NNID. Assuming both eShops share content yet the Wii U has adult and child accounts maybe it means all 3DS count as child accounts due to have no such system...wait does that mean kid accounts on Wii U can watch 18 rated trailers provided its past 11PM?

Top Bottom