• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tratorn

So far-
Vita Wi Fi
Starter Pack (PAL version)
Rayman Origins
Everybody's Golf
UMVC 3/Blazblue

Later-
Unit 13
Gravity Rush

Would love a shooter, but Uncharted GA is not going to be worth the money for me.

Should I get 16gb card for €50 with the voucher I have or import a 32gb for €70?

I would go for the 32GB, but depends on you. If you buy most of your games in retail and only some psn-games, than 16GB should be enough.

Btw. where do you get a 32GB card for 70€?

Jaroof

The overall impressions from using Sony protector were positive, so I don't really understand why people press for the Hori one so much.

I just like the way the Hori one wraps around the whole face of the Vita..
doesn't the Sony protector just cover the screen?

Number45

I just like the way the Hori one wraps around the whole face of the Vita..
doesn't the Sony protector just cover the screen?

To be honest it's the ease of installation for the Hori one that enticed me. I've yet to do a decent job of applying a screen protector anywhere and I've tried A LOT. :(

Jaroof

To be honest it's the ease of installation for the Hori one that enticed me. I've yet to do a decent job of applying a screen protector anywhere and I've tried A LOT. :(

That, too. :p
I'm the same way. I always end up with a bunch of air bubbles under my screen protector, and they always end up crooked.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That, too. :p
I'm the same way. I always end up with a bunch of air bubbles under my screen protector, and they always end up crooked.
The only protectors which I put on without the bubbles were the 2 or 3 DS ones I've used. PSP and Vita ones ended up in the trash, since I can't stand those bubbles.

feli

This will be my launch day:

PSVITA Wi-Fi
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Wipeout 2048
Touch My Katamary
Escape Plan
8GB Memory Card
Starter Kit

After launch:

Gravity Rush Import USA (I'm from Italy and I want the little packaging)

luffeN

Planet Axel

The games are really cheap as well.

Where does Planet Axel ship from?

It depends: if you live in Europe, it ships from Copenhagen, in Denmark or France/UK.

kort(1).png
Yes I do! Oh nice :D What are the delivery times within Europe? I live in Austria.

anddo0

i ordered my screen protector here:

http://www.barrierchief.com/ps-vita-screen-protector

Its a bit expensive, but seems pretty good. And its for both the touchscreen and touchpad.

Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fc-z6ADmRcI

Beat me to it.

I'm personally getting the Sony double pack.. And was going to purchase the Hori later on.
However, the barriercheif looks like a solid purchase as well. My only issue is the 20+ days it would take to get to the US.

Nero3000

Changed my preorder:

PSVita 3G+Wifi
8GB Card
FIFA Football
Uncharted

Soon after from the store ill get:

Escape plan
Wipeout

So far-
Vita Wi Fi
Starter Pack (PAL version)
Rayman Origins
Everybody's Golf
UMVC 3/Blazblue

Later-
Unit 13
Gravity Rush

Would love a shooter, but Uncharted GA is not going to be worth the money for me.

Should I get 16gb card for €50 with the voucher I have or import a 32gb for €70?

I say you should do this. It´s cheaper on the long run.

graywolf323

Beat me to it.

I'm personally getting the Sony double pack.. And was going to purchase the Hori later on.
However, the barriercheif looks like a solid purchase as well. My only issue is the 20+ days it would take to get to the US.

they emailed me earlier this morning to tell me personally that they had shipped it out :) I was impressed (it didn't seem like a form letter)

hopefully it gets here quick

scottzorus

Neo Member
Played with a Vita at the store recently and the screen size immediately took me by surprise, I mean that thing is massive in person! And it seemed so light too.

Also, wipeout was the best looking demo, looked amazing

Been thinking about getting one now :D

VIP case looks like a glasses case and easier to stick in your pocket quickly, the brick with game holders looks great but a bit too fancy to me, something you keep on the side of your desk more then anything.

RedSwirl

There is arguably also a market for a 400 disk blu ray autochanger with a PS3 built in also. But if that market is not big enough to pay for the development and production costs then it doesn't happen.

There are I think like 6 direct ports. The rest are other entries in the franchises.

it's like saying I don't want to play Uncharted 3 because I played Uncharted 2.

Even then for some reason I'm still not as convinced about Golden Abyss. Maybe because it's not Naughty Dog's direct involvement. It just feels more like a token handheld game than an honest entry for me. We'll see when it comes out. The other Vita sequels feel like this even moreso to me (or are just in franchises I've never really cared about, like Wipeout).

Lumines is pretty much the only Vita launch software I care that much about. and no one game is worth $250. It'll probably start to get real worthwhile software around its first holiday after release like every game platform so I'll probably wait till then if the Wii-U's launch lineup doesn't kick ass.

Z3M0G

No, you can't. They're just not supported. That's the sole reason they're not available on the Vita store.

Whoa whoa whoa...

My biggest reason to buy a Vita is just to play my downloaded PSP games with a beautiful screen and second-analog stick mapping... Phantasy Star Portable 2 being one of the major ones.

Are you saying I CAN'T???

Kuran

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa...

My biggest reason to buy a Vita is just to play my downloaded PSP games with a beautiful screen and second-analog stick mapping... Phantasy Star Portable 2 being one of the major ones.

?

PSP games work, PS1 support will be added later.

EDIT: Oh, that sucks.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Whoa whoa whoa...

Yup, at least not yet. Yet is a keyword here. I'm guessing the infrastructure online mode and checking for the pass is the reason for the game having problems, but don't quote me on that.
?

PSP games work, PS1 support will be added later.

Calm down.
PSP1, 2, 2i don't work, and they're not available on the Vita's Store.

Takao

Banned
Whoa whoa whoa...

Some games are unavailable to play. PSP/PSP2/PSP2i seems to have trouble. Things change in firmware updates, as the few firmware updates Vita has had has increased emulator compatibility.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some games have trouble running with the PSP emulator on Vita so they're unavailable to play. PSP/PSP2/PSP2i seems to have trouble. Things change in firmware updates, as the few firmware updates Vita has had has increased emulator compatibility.
Like Takao said. Although the truth is, the only game added so far was Criminal Girls and it was unavailable because of some kind of a sound glitch.

Do we have a complete list of PSP games that are currently not playable on the PS Vita?

• Phantasy Star Portable
• Phantasy Star Portable 2
• Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity

What else?

Z3M0G

Thanks for clarifying guys... sucks about PSP2, but if it is something that may be resolved via patch, I can live with that for now...

Another question... wtf is PSP2 Infinity ?

Takao

Banned
Thanks for clarifying guys... sucks about PSP2, but if it is something that may be resolved via patch, I can live with that for now...

Another question... wtf is PSP2 Infinity ?

Phantasy Star Portable 2infinity is a Japan-only expanded re-release of PSP2. It features the colonel from KFC as a character skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom