• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

MacBosse

How is this impressive? You can get a physcial copy cheaper.

Um ... no? And if so, where?

The point that I also tried to make is that usually games on demand are expensive, but this was even cheaper or same as used copy right now in Sweden. But you are welcome to prove me wrong. (And no, Amazon is not "Sweden")

Thinking of grabbing Dark Messiah and Raving Rabbids at those prices... the MSP have been adjusted for both (320msp is still more than the 240msp the US gets, but it's still better than the price earlier).

Gonna wait till the end of the week though to see the prices of everything else.

Holy shit I have never seen a sale like this on the console sideside. Bought a ton of games already. $2 for bioshock rivals steam sale prices.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Not really digging the El Shaddai demo. Combat is frustrating, how am I supposed to win against enemies that always block and don't react to my attacks?

AniHawk

el shaddai is one of those games i always had meant to buy, but always forgot about. $3 is nothing. i'll get it for sure.

Alx

I'm weak. Bought Tomb Raider for 5€ and Dark Messiah for 3€. I don't know when I'll find the time to play them, now. :/

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Overboost

Not really digging the El Shaddai demo. Combat is frustrating, how am I supposed to win against enemies that always block and don't react to my attacks?

The combat system is pretty deep. There are several string combos, guard breakers, launchers, counters, and combinations of all of those on the ground and air, with four different fighting styles.

Here's a video showing a lot of the combos available in the demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvV4fi31BD0

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
The combat system is pretty deep. There are several string combos, guard breakers, launchers, counters, and combinations of all of those on the ground and air, with four different fighting styles.

Here's a video showing a lot of the combos available in the demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvV4fi31BD0

Wish they used more than one button.

Edit:

MGS and PW are both bound to be $10 or under, I have never played a Metal Gear game. Is it okay to start with 3? I know it is a prequel.

vgJames

Banned
Wish they used more than one button.

Edit:

MGS and PW are both bound to be $10 or under, I have never played a Metal Gear game. Is it okay to start with 3? I know it is a prequel.

Starting with 3 just means that if you then play 2 etc. afterwards they just feel more clunky and less well fleshed out.

ShogunX

Surprised the prices have dropped so low. Will probably pick up a few games now and see what prices we have over the next few days.

Impressive.

Alx

Rayman RR is a jolly good laugh!

It's a port of the original Wii game, right ? I liked it a lot then, but I wonder how it plays without the motion controls...

I also added Bioshock to my download queue because of the messages above. I hate you all.

(I hope games releasing during sales period won't suffer from unfair competition... especially Metal Gear Rising, I wanted to buy it day 1 but haven't even finished the solo in Anarchy Reigns, and now I have 3 more full games to play).

It's a port of the original Wii game, right ? I liked it a lot then, but I wonder how it plays without the motion controls...

Not sure about the port but the controls feel fine very basic point and shoot when you have an FPS like scenario and then simple button bashing when it comes to the other stuff.

All in all a fun game, me and my girlfriend are enjoying it plenty of laughs here!

Jamaro85

Why does Bioshock cost 440 MS points? I thought they might be charging a premium on using pre-existing points for whatever reason, but I checked with Halo 3 and it's $9.99 or 800 points, so...

Not that there won't be anything else in the future to spend my points on, $4.99 it is.

So guys! DiRT 2 and/or GRID?

I loved both, but GRID is my favorite racegame ever. Perfect mix between arcade and sim racing in my opinion. DiRT 2 should have had more rally races and less of the "extreme sports" stuff, but is a very solid and fun racer as well.

zewone

Why does Bioshock cost 440 MS points? I thought they might be charging a premium on using pre-existing points for whatever reason, but I checked with Halo 3 and it's $9.99 or 800 points, so...

Not that there won't be anything else in the future to spend my points on, $4.99 it is.

There's a problem with a few of the games when converted to MS points that show a higher price.

They are supposed to be working on it.

Leonsito

There's a problem with a few of the games when converted to MS points that show a higher price.

They are supposed to be working on it.

Check now, I just did and Bioshock shows 400 msp.

JesseZao

There's a problem with using MS Points atm. They're supposed to be fixing it later today.
Of course, they won't cry for anyone willing to update their CC info to buy the games at the correct sale price.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
There's a problem with using MS Points atm. They're supposed to be fixing it later today.
Of course, they won't cry for anyone willing to update their CC info to buy the games at the correct sale price.

You can use PayPal, though, and remove that at any time.

Rawker

great sale so far, bought graw 2 (for reminiscing) and then when i checked dirt 2 it was $2.99 or 400 ms pts (Canada) so i bought it too. grid is $10 here in Canada not the $5 listed so prices are different.

Amazing discounts. Just bought Bioshock on Brazilian Xbox Live for US$ 5,00.

shocked.gif

nice, take that different economy markups!

MIMIC

Banned
So is Bioshock a good game? That shit is only $5 and I've heard a lot about it (basically people just mentioning it)

So is Bioshock a good game? That shit is only $5 and I've heard a lot about it (basically people just mentioning it)

Easily worth $5. People will have complaints, most focused on the last bits of the game, but even with those complaints you should be able to have at least $5 worth of fun out of the game. I'm toying with the idea of buying it for $5 to replay it since it's been years. I bought it originally for full price and felt it was worth it for that. For $5 it's well worth it.

I bought bioshock :D

already at 10% downloaded too, in 10 minutes 0_o, thats fast for me, usually takes ages

cmon left 4 dead 2 at $5 too, long shot :(

Top Bottom