• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Community Thread: What's Pink And Round?

Is Return to Dreamland more like Sakurai's Kirby games (Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star) or more like Sakamoto's (Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, 64) Kirby games?

...'cause I don't care for Sakamoto's.
Dream Land 2 is my favorite game of those, while Dream Land 3 and 64 are my two least favorite, so yeah, I at least wouldn't break it down by developer... anyway, I don't see much that Dream Land 2 has in common with 3 and 64, apart from the friends and power-combinations of course. In terms of gameplay apart from that, it's much more like Kirby 1 or Adventure, unlike 3 or 64, which are definitely different.

Emitan

Kirby's Return to Dreamland is my favorite Kirby game.

Adventure's crown has finally been taken!

I'm assuming I have to get gold on all the challenge levels for 100% because I only have 97% right now.

Emitan

Dreamland 3 had a great look to it. Gameplay is a bit on the simple side but eh. Fun game!

I like Dreamland 3 more than Superstar even though I love the variety of powers in that game. I hate Superstar's structure so much. Give me one long game, not 5 short ones!

After playing so much Mega Man X it seems fitting that Best Nintendo Character & I save Dream Land from the crisis we don't even know about yet! So collect the pieces of the Star Rod. "Save" Dream Land from DeDeDe. And restore the citizens dreams. A can do!!

It probably would've made sense to play KDL 1st but I have something up my sleeve for that. But Adventure in my view is Kirby's most important game because most of the series staples are on display and you can really see all this game did for Kirby and the evolution and impact on the rest of the series and others going forward.

So please tune in as Kirby & I save stuff. And lament over Meta Crew screw jobs, lost balloons & how the Kirby Launcher game eats away at my soul every time I get a 2 instead of the 1 I know the game should've given me. Enjoy!

#RunDatReXXX Kirby's Adventure Part 1: Welcome to the Pink Powered Vore Adventure!

#RunDatReXXX Kirby's Adventure Part 2: Brain Freezing Vore With A Side Of #PREPTIMEYOLO!!!

#RunDatReXXX Kirby's Adventure Part 3: Deceptively Twisted Buttery Vore

Kangi

Discussion here needs to be revived. So how many of you are expecting some type of Kirby 3DS game announcement during the E3 Nintendo Directs? It seems to be time for a Kirby game; after all, Kirby is Nintendo's most handheld-centric title (alongside Pokemon), and the 3DS is already growing old. Hopefully we'll see something soon.

I also played through Return to Dream Land's extra mode recently. It's a huge shame that this game didn't get more credit; it had some of the best level design in the series, great bosses, amazing music, and the backgrounds... wow, the backgrounds. I hope the Kirby's Adventure thirty cent thing for the Wii U made some new Kirby fans who will appreciate games like RtDL.

Emitan

Discussion here needs to be revived. So how many of you are expecting some type of Kirby 3DS game announcement during the E3 Nintendo Directs? It seems to be time for a Kirby game; after all, Kirby is Nintendo's most handheld-centric title (alongside Pokemon), and the 3DS is already growing old. Hopefully we'll see something soon.

Kirby Returns to Dreamland Again (3DS port of RtD).

Honestly I'd love that because its my favorite Kirby game.

I haven't started extra mode yet but I have been meaning to give it a try.

Kangi

You should try it. It's challenging and while it's in a lot of ways just "the game again but harder", the EX bosses and other extra stuff they throw in makes it worth it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I could live without a RtD port. Kirby seems to be a franchise Nintendo often uses to experiment with, resulting in a lot of great games with varied gameplay, like Mass Attack, Canvas Curse, Air Ride, Dream Course, etc.

Dream Land 4 would be lovely, but I wouldn't mind a wildly off beat and unexpected game too.

You should try it. It's challenging and while it's in a lot of ways just "the game again but harder", the EX bosses and other extra stuff they throw in makes it worth it.

The EX bosses and True Arena were good, but Tornado made it pretty easy.

In KSSU, where you had no Tornado? Good God was True Arena hard. I beat it with the best Copy Ability (Jet).

Jet needs to be in the next Kirby game, seriously.

I want Canvas Curse 2.

Kangi

The EX bosses and True Arena were good, but Tornado made it pretty easy.

In KSSU, where you had no Tornado? Good God was True Arena hard. I beat it with the best Copy Ability (Jet).

Jet needs to be in the next Kirby game, seriously.

Well, Stone also made KSSU's True Arena easy, if you had a lot of patience. Plasma makes both of them easy.

Emitan

xKoTUW3.jpg

:bow

daydream

Banned
OP needs to be updated with Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse.

I also noticed that Nightmare in Dream Land and Superstar Ultra are not listed as separate entries (only mentioned under Adventure and Super Star). :eek:

Tizoc

Wow
the very first Kriby game is
Short
Then again it was a handheld gameboy game so that kind of explains it.
Still Kirby being a white marshmellow on the US cover was a lot less misleading than the JP cover :p

Kangi

I have faith that there can be enough posts here to move this page off of 2012

Nobody even posted about Planet Robobot

Planet Robobot is fantastic, by the way

Sciz

Robobot is great, but I'm definitely ready for a stylistic switch up and a completely fresh set of art assets after three games of the same stuff, and is doesn't look like Kirby Switch is going to be that game. Hopefully it's more ambitious than it looks.

I recently completed Squeak Squad for the first time and outside of some music and setpieces I can see why it has the rep it does. Even for a Kirby game it's pretty easy/simplistic, and the new powers feel underused despite being kinda neat.

The worst thing though was probably Dark Nebula. My first time fighting it it did exactly one attack and then floated around the field for the rest of the battle doing nothing but the occasional teleport, and it really left me thinking there was another form. During the boss rush I found out that it had apparently decided to stick to whatever form it tries to ram you with (electricity?) that first time, but even acting normally its no harder than Daroach. Speaking of boss rush, the post-game was also terribly weak and felt more of an obligation than anything.

I will say that one thing I really liked about the game though was some of the Copy Scroll abilities extending elements to certain powers, such as being able to grab ice/electricity/fire while in Wheel form.

Robobot is great, but I'm definitely ready for a stylistic switch up and a completely fresh set of art assets after three games of the same stuff, and is doesn't look like Kirby Switch is going to be that game. Hopefully it's more ambitious than it looks.

This is where I stand, plus I still like RTD more than its follow-ups so it's also a case of diminishing returns to me.

Top Bottom