• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

MechaX
(07-19-2011, 02:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Delio

Yup i see it getting canceled now.

Oh man, don't even joke about that. The fallout would be catastrophic if Revelations got canceled.
pieatorium

Originally Posted by Lonely1

But sold better than SSFIV:AE

most who bought this did it as a DL update to SSFIV
8BitsAtATime
FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

From this day foward, I will never buy another Capcom game.

I've been waiting for a new Monster Gunter game....nope. For Legends 3....nope. But they can shit out a new Street Fighter or VS game every couple of months.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(07-19-2011, 02:53 AM)
Wow, what in fuck

You give me Nero instead of Dante, you give me MvC3 with characters I don't care for, fuck youuuuuuuuu
low-G
I got out of gaming when the getting was good!
RomanticHeroX

Originally Posted by Goon Boon

They cancel this yet they let the universally hated DmC live? Really capcom? Go fuck yourself capcom.

That's being made in the West so it gets a pass. The only thing Capcom trusts Japanese teams to make now are new versions of SF4.
madmaxx350

Originally Posted by MechaX

Oh man, don't even joke about that. The fallout would be catastrophic if Revelations got canceled.

or Moneyhatted by Sony to go Vita exclusive?
Busaiku
I just don't understand why they wouldn't even release Prototype.
Did they feel that the reaction for it was too negative or something?

I mean, that's basically free money, right?
jman2050
Capcom lol
Dr. Chaos
Banned
Saw it coming the minute Inafune left, sadly.

Thank you, Keiji. Thank you for starting a dream project your fans have been waiting eons for only to leave it for death soon after.

Appreciate it, buddy.
Gravijah

Originally Posted by 8BitsAtATime

FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

I've been waiting for a new Monster Gunter game....nope. For Legends 3....nope. But they can shit out a new Street Fighter or VS game every couple of months.

Haha, you'll get your new Monster Hunter game. That's not even something to worry about.
Aeana
Medal Princess
The cancellation most likely had very little to do with 3DS's sales. MML3 wasn't even officially greenlit. The whole reason for the community involvement was an attempt to prove interest in the title to get it greenlit to begin with.
WrenchNinja

Originally Posted by DryEyeRelief

[IMG]http://i54.************/sfh5lg.jpg[/IMG]

Well I guess there is a silver lining to this. We won't have to see this terrible character design anymore.
Lonely1
Revelations isn't going to get cancelled, at worst (best?) it will be ported to Vita.
Crumpet Trumpet
Banned
Oh Capcom. I will cry if they cancel Ace Attoney x Layton.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Originally Posted by GSR

Fuck.

Capcom has really done a 180 in my eyes since even last year. Suddenly my concerns that Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney isn't going to make it seem valid.

If Edgeworth 2 isn't coming (FUCK YOU CAPCOM FOR THAT), you can be damn sure Layton and Phoenix isn't coming unless Capcom lets NOA publish it (and HAHA FAT CHANCE of NoA publishing it at the rate they're not doing those three Wii JRPGs)
OneMoreQuestion

Originally Posted by DownLikeBCPowder

Why in the world should a release of a mini game be top 10? (Mini game release?)

Why in the world should a game not priced as a mini game be counted as a mini game?
C-Jo
Phoenix Labs Dev
(07-19-2011, 02:54 AM)

But they can shit out a new Street Fighter or VS game every couple of months.

Oh come on.
BeautifulMemory
LOL @ Capcom

You really don't give a shit, do you.

You shat on DMC and making it DmC

You vomited on RE and waste our time on this non-canon, kill Leon shit. On 3DS you decided you have nothing better to do than remove a save feature that has been in a game since forever.

You made Dark Void and a fucking sequel to Lost Planet.

You approved a pisspoor remodel of Bionic Commando and then added it in MVC3 and people still up to this day telling you it's pisspoor ugly

All in the name of reaching out to the "Western" audience.

Then you killed a Megaman game knowing that people wanted it

*cough*

edit: insert more examples of DMC PSP, RE PSP, AAI2 not being localized, DLC mess with SSFIV costumes, the Okami credit mes, the Okami watermark mess.

edit 2: when your top talents leave the company, and they happen to be Mikami and Kamiya, you know you have a fucking problem. (I know there are others too so feel free to educate me)
Last edited by BeautifulMemory; 07-19-2011 at 03:01 AM.
FloppyDelux
watershed

Originally Posted by MechaX

I could see it being moved to the vita as an exclusive if the 3ds continues to sell so poorly and the vita really takes off upon release. Then again Capcom is supposed to be "very close with Nintendo" though you wouldn't really know it by the quality of their software for Nintendo systems.
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them

FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

Great time to be a Capcom fighting game fan, everything else. . . yeah.
Leona Lewis
Banned
Damn, that rim lighting looked tasty. Hopefully it's resurrected in some form, even if it means turning into an $8.99 iOS game.
mysteriousmage09
(07-19-2011, 02:55 AM)
Not surprised.

Capcom is only good for fighting games now days.
C-Jo
Phoenix Labs Dev

Originally Posted by TheSeks

If Edgeworth 2 isn't coming (FUCK YOU CAPCOM FOR THAT), you can be damn sure Layton and Phoenix isn't coming unless Capcom lets NOA publish it (and HAHA FAT CHANCE of NoA publishing it at the rate they're not doing those three Wii JRPGs)

Level 5 would publish it, if anyone.
B.K.

and HAHA FAT CHANCE of NoA publishing it at the rate they're not doing those three Wii JRPGs

If they had a chance, they would publish it. Nintendo doesn't care at all to spend their time and money on publishing third party titles. They just won't do anything with first party games.
outunderthestars
Attracted to bright lights

Originally Posted by artwalknoon

I could see it being moved to the vita as an exclusive if the 3ds continues to sell so poorly and the vita really takes off upon release. Then again Capcom is supposed to be "very close with Nintendo" though you wouldn't really know it by the quality of their software for Nintendo systems.

I could see Revelations getting moved over as well....
Riposte
(07-19-2011, 02:56 AM)

FUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!

There are two teams working on fighting games at Capcom. Street Fighter 4/vs Tekken guys are not the Marvel vs Capcom guys. Since there are two teams you are likely to get fighting games bi-yearly at least. But I mean if you are the type to boycott Capcom over a game cancellation perhaps I shouldn't even bother trying to make sense to you. Kind of insane.
Seven Force
Banned

Originally Posted by DR2K

Great time to be a Capcom fighting game fan, everything else. . . yeah.

Pretty much. :/
Busaiku

Nintendo's publishing Professor Layton and the Last Specter.
Green Biker Dude
Banned

Originally Posted by BeautifulMemory

Then you killed a Megaman game knowing that people wanted it

i doubt that. sure, vocal minorities on forums wanted it. i doubt it'd sell well though

now don't get me wrong. i think it's sort of bullshit how people look for the company's interests before gaming itself. but there is no need to lie. you and some thousands on the webs wanted the game. that's about it.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr

That's actually Level 5's game.
VariantX
Wow, there goes the only reason i even wanted a 3DS in the first place. Glad I was able to control myself and not buy one at launch otherwise id be really hating myself for buying one.
VOOK
We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
(07-19-2011, 02:57 AM)
Guys I guarantee you Revelations will end up on the Vita and they'll announce it a week or month before the 3DS version release.

That's how Captroll rolls.
careksims
(07-19-2011, 02:57 AM)
Crapcom strikes again! I just knew something bad would happen! They didn't even let us play the preview build! Fuck them!
TheSeks
(07-19-2011, 02:58 AM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

Wow. Capcom is really proving that they just don't give a fuck anymore! Can't wait for the TGS announcement of Gearbox making the next Breath of Fire game!

That at least has a chance of coming over compared to Last Ranker. ;___;

I want DAT ART. ;__;
madmaxx350

Originally Posted by DryEyeRelief

Going to happen:

His name is Dante... his haircut alone makes this game not viable to cancellation
Ashodin

Originally Posted by duckroll

Wow. Capcom is really proving that they just don't give a fuck anymore! Can't wait for the TGS announcement of Gearbox making the next Breath of Fire game!

This would actually be awesome. If only for the fact that Gearbox knows how to do games with loot.
Delio
(07-19-2011, 02:59 AM)

Originally Posted by artwalknoon

Could happen. Espically if Mario and such dont do anything for the 3DS.
hamchan
What the fuck! Fuck you Capcom!

This is even worse than not giving candy to a baby. This is giving the candy and then snatching it right back..... and then slapping the baby right in the face.
Kaldea
Would someone please think of the servbots?? :(
Pyrrhus
Just typical.
Femmeworth
Banned
(07-19-2011, 03:00 AM)
[IMG]http://i54.************/344qbe8.jpg[/IMG]
Goddamn it, Capcom.
SolarKnight
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

First you crush my dreams with an incredibly cheap cash in, then you don't even have a Megaman in Marvel 3, then you cancel MM Universe (yeah it didn't look that great but whatever), then you tell me AAI2 is not coming to America, and now THIS?!

What am I even supposed to look forward to as a MM fan now? ;___;
Dark Schala
Eloquent Princess
The writing was on the wall... But it's really disappointing to know that it was actually canned.

Fuck you, Capcom. And they started this generation off so well too (imo)...
Enk
makes good threads.
So is Mega Man now dead at Capcom?

No new 2D games to look forward to and now not ever a 3D game. Hell they didn't even put him in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Seems like the character died when Inafune left.
TheSeks

Originally Posted by Nirolak

That's actually Level 5's game.

And Level 5 has a US publishing branch? Because AFAIK, Layton was published in America by NoA. I think NoA and Level 5 will require Capcom's "okay," to publish it outside of Japan anyway.

Hell they didn't even put him in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Uh, but they did. Zero is Megaman in Red. *trollface.jpg*

He wasn't good in MvC2 anyway.
Dr. Chaos
Banned
Atleast we finally got Megaman 9 (and 10).

Those bastards can't take that away from us.
DeVeAn
Fuck you Capcom. Seriously.
PeakPointMatrix
Banned
I don't even think I can buy a 3DS because of this. It symbolized the hardware I would finally get to play my dream sequel on. Sorry Nintendo, but your handheld is now the center of one of my biggest gaming traumas.

Guess I can never catch up on the layton or Pheonix series either. Never had a DS.

Capcom. Go fuck yourself.