• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 comes out on PC in 1 month from today, how many are still excited?

Of course it will happen, I don't know how anyone thinks them adding exactly that kind of content won't happen when it did for Destiny 1.

I do not remember custom modes for PVP in Destiny 1. Ala Halo 3 etc.

They never added scalable content ala Diablo in Destiny. On why isn't it there out the gate when it's pretty much an identical title. It's the same damn engine. Destiny 1 only ever had an attempt with prison of Elders, but that was fairly limited in terms of scalability and a weak expansion overall.

As far as gear they kind of started down that path in Taken King, but then now they've walked that back. No randomization. Less control overall of your character in terms of trees, abilities and stats. Looks to me from what I've seen with gear and exotics overall they are taking the opposite approach of balancing coming first.

Can you explain what you are referring to?

Sevenfold

Zero interest pre-beta. The demo level was great so will probaby pick it up cheap at some point to play it through. Not arsed about MP and 45 squids for the standard is too spicy for me in a month of such epic proportions.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I just built a new PC. What kind of experience am I looking at playing PC Destiny 2 with a Dualshock 4?

i wouldn't use a controller at all on PC. i guess it'd be OK for solo stuff but when it comes to public events, strikes, nightfalls, raids, crucible then i would go with a kb/m. the thing is if you're using a controller and constantly switching between that and kb/m you'll not be 100% comfortable and be at a disadvantage.

i wouldn't use a controller at all on PC. i guess it'd be OK for solo stuff but when it comes to public events, strikes, nightfalls, raids, crucible then i would go with a kb/m. the thing is if you're using a controller and constantly switching between that and kb/m you'll not be 100% comfortable and be at a disadvantage.

I think you could get away with a controller in all PVE stuff really. You won't be 100% as effective but I doubt it would be a problem. Not that I would do it personally anyway.

Honestly I'd probably prefer to go and play through Borderlands 2 again instead of Destiny if I want a grindy game.

Destiny 2 ads always seem edgy to me and the gameplay felt too much like Halo campaigns without it being Halo. Not for me.

Trickster

Honestly at this point I'm not particularly excited, if my friends weren't interested in playing it there's honestly a real chance at this point that I'd just not bother.

There's just so much of what I've seen and heard that make it seem like it's Destiny only for those that liked Destiny 1. But then for every positive addition or improvement they've made, they've also managed to fuck something else up or omit obvious things that needed to be there.

Eh, I was excited, but just seems like more of the same. I'll definitely pick it up once it's cheaper and/or comes with all of the DLC.

This. It's Destiny 1.8. And it's still lacking content at launch despite improving on D1 in this regard. I'm having fun with D1 The Collection right now after picking it up for $20 last month. It just seems stupid to invest in these types of unfinished/ongoing development games until most/all the content is out and included for a reasonable price. D1 was *AWFUL* at launch...but Im having quite a bit of fun with it now despite its remaining flaws. There's enough content in the collection it feels like a reasonably complete-ish experience (despite having gameplay loop issues there's no doubt its fun with a group and the grind is addictive).

Sooo... I might jump in on PC when there's a D2 Legendary edition or something like that next year with the first major expansion included, if I can get it for like $40 or so. Otherwise...meh.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I think you could get away with a controller in all PVE stuff really. You won't be 100% as effective but I doubt it would be a problem. Not that I would do it personally anyway.

that's what i said...solo stuff like campaign, adventures, lost sectors, etc you can use a controller but when you're playing with others then playing with a controller is gonna ruin it.

if you did use a controller for those parts of the game and switched to kb/m for the rest then you wouldn't be as comfortable with kb/m so you'll be at a disadvantage. imo it's best to just get used to kb/m as early as possible and play everything with it.

Venfayth

I was interested but I'm not now. It's disappointing to hear how fast people are running out of content, how much more casual the end game has become, and how it's not significantly different than the first Destiny. I'll be keeping an eye on it but it's most likely a pass from me.

Delayed releases are great for someone like me. I sometimes buy into the hype and end up spending money on games I regret a couple of hours in. I was never super sold on Destiny 2 but I might have rolled the dice if it was not delayed.

60$ saved. :D

ElyrionX

Playing PS4 version. A few hours in and at level 6, the game feels like a goddamn chore. The shooting mechanics are great but the campaign is so dull and the loot so boring and rare.

I love handcannons. How is the PC version different?

I think he's referring to mouse aiming + hand cannon head-shots = borderline OP. There's been some talk about needing to rebalance the PC version for this reason. I mean, even in regard to the console version I've read descriptions of D2 PvE gunplay being "like running through rooms filled with balloons armed with a nail-gun." Lol Basically, zero challenge, and that's in reference to using pretty much any gun in the console version. Sooo... Yeah that's a legit criticism for some (while for others the point isn't how tough or smart individual enemies are, but rather taking on hordes). I'd imagine this will only be worse on PC if it's not rebalanced. The handcannons are going to be the most egregious bc of their one shot kill capability.

I admit, the negativity around elements of the game has got me wondering whether I should move forward with it. I'm just not sure "the grind" is what I should be looking for given how stacked October will be.

Even if the game is "good" but occupies 100 hours to get what you would want out of it. Maybe I shouldn't get into it. I wanted so much too like Destiny 1, and it did become a much better game as time went on, but I don't want something that just feels like a time suck when all is said and done.

I would likewise play with a controller, and I worry that even though the PC beta felt good with a controller, balance changes and other elements of the PC will end up being hampered by controller use.

Finally, I feel like the skeleton on discoveries and content within Destiny 2 is going to be pretty much picked clean by the time the PC version rolls out. Not a huge deal, but disappointing.

EL CUCO

My hype has kinda died down a little after experiencing the content. I also don't think theres enough to sustain the PC community passed 2 or 3 weeks, atm. By removing the rng perks I've already acquired all the guns I care about and grinding for mods is definitely not fun. I'll still be there on Oct 24 but the end game needs help right now.

The Blizzard fan base gives zero shits about Destiny.

If Bungievision's success on PC relies on that group, this game will bomba hard.

I'm passing personally. I was hyped, and then the game released on consoles.

I too go on forums and say wildly inaccurate bs. Oh wait no I don't.

jyoung188

I'm hyped! I've been so tempted to cave and get it on PS4 but the wait has given me time to do some serious cutting down of my backlog. Can't wait for 60fps Destiny.

Not really hyped anymore.

It is mostly because I'm remembering getting burned with DLCs practices in Destiny 1.

I will wait for complete version since I don't care about loot and just want to play the main game.

My worry about Destiny 2 on PC is that there are games that blow Destinys game structure out of the water (ffxiv/wow) while having pretty good shooting. I don't think the pvp will stick either.

I'm just not sure there is enough there to entertain a more enthusiast-centric PC community in the long run.

horkrux

My excitement has pretty much regressed to 0. Too much I didn't like about Destiny 1 is still present. I hoped they were gonna knock it out of the park, but then it turned out they absolutely hadn't..
They wanted to cater to the people who were already totally into the franchise, not people who are on the fence like myself.
If they absolutely want to min-max Destiny and milk their fans until their contract runs out, fine. But with an expensive game like this from a developer like Bungie, I'd expect more.

Been playing it on xbox for a couple weeks with my brother.... i waa gonna get it on pc but now i dont think its worth it. I have a lot of friends gonna play it but like idk im glad i got it on xbox to see how id truly like it. Its alright

Varvor

I am still excited, also I am one of those folks who double dipped on PC & PS4.

Completed raid number of times and feel like I got good handle on the game. So I can not wait for PC version as I am hoping that it will become my primary version for this game.

It should be pointed out that i use to he play destiny one and sunk in closer to 800 hours before I stopped. Also play WoW and raided there.

PC version just makes sense to me.

border

My worry about Destiny 2 on PC is that there are games that blow Destinys game structure out of the water (ffxiv/wow) while having pretty good shooting.

What games blow Destiny's structure out of the water AND have good shooting? Last I checked there was no shooting in Final Fantasy or WoW, but I haven't really kept up with those titles.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I was slightly interested but upon hearing how the PvP plays, raids, content and other stuff i will wait for a sale or the "GOTY" edition next year.

Also, did the whole auto-aim stuff on PC was addressed at all?

120v

My worry about Destiny 2 on PC is that there are games that blow Destinys game structure out of the water (ffxiv/wow) while having pretty good shooting. I don't think the pvp will stick either.

I'm just not sure there is enough there to entertain a more enthusiast-centric PC community in the long run.

there's people still playing Division on PC in spite of its dumpster fires.

D2 will be fine. it's not "competing" with every other game on PC... if anything it'll be at odds with CoD and Battlefront this holiday

Redshirt

Banned
I too go on forums and say wildly inaccurate bs. Oh wait no I don't.

Zing!

VjOM1.gif

Strakt

Some people in this thread really go out of their way to show how much they dislike a video game that clearly isn't for them. Guess destiny is doing something right!

Izuna

Banned
I played the intro to getting my light on Xbox and fuck me was it horrible. Glad I was gameshare g at that point.

I can't justify buying it on PC anymore.

As much as I didn't like the original, it was better.

Swarna

Key difference is Destiny has some of the best gunplay in existence, and WoW has bog standard MMO hotbar combat.

This is really not the case on PC. People on NeoGAF kept saying this and despite not being able to articulate the specifics of why I trusted that opinion until the PC beta. Turned out it was just alot of aim assist mixed with either generous hit boxes or bullet magnetism, more than what was normal for most FPS on game pads making people feel good about themselves. Destiny 2 has bog-standard ADS FPS gameplay once you remove that.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to play it but it might get lost in all the other games. I barely have enough time for battlegrounds and absolver. I don’t think I can take on another online game.

What games blow Destiny's structure out of the water AND have good shooting? Last I checked there was no shooting in Final Fantasy or WoW, but I haven't really kept up with those titles.

Oh woops, I worded that wrong.

I meant that there are loot games with (in my opinion) unquestionably better systems (Diablo/PoE/FFXIV/WoW/Warframe) and shooters that arguably feel just as good/good enough to not pull people away from the popular games already out on PC(CS:GO, OW, PUBG) in terms of PvP. I'm sure it will do fine on PC but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near something like OW because I don't think it does any one thing better than competition out on PC, whereas I think the console market is missing that traditional MMO(WoW, FFXIV) type of game structure (probably ~10 millionish people right now?)that Destiny probably fills in that area. It's a great package, don't get me wrong, I just don't see the longterm appeal for PC players. It presents a fairly unique package, but I just don't think its unique enough to be huge (even proportionally) like it is on consoles.

My bad for the incomplete post.

Some people in this thread really go out of their way to show how much they dislike a video game that clearly isn't for them. Guess destiny is doing something right!

Says the guy that I see in Destiny posts posting the "salty" emote in response to fairly reasonable criticisms. Okay. Seems weird to point that out on the other end but pretty much participate in something similar on your end.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Based on the beta i only saw potencial for cool raid mechanics for first person shooting. But only that. Worthy maybe $30 at max if it has LFR.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I enjoyed the beta for what it was.

But the monetisation is disgusting. So I'm going to learn to play Warframe instead.

wtf you on about?

you can buy silver for bright engrams but that's it...and bright engrams are useless in game. they are just purely cosmetic junk that doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever. go play warframe.

molnizzle

This is really not the case on PC. People on NeoGAF kept saying this and despite not being able to articulate the specifics of why I trusted that opinion until the PC beta. Turned out it was just alot of aim assist mixed with either generous hit boxes or bullet magnetism, more than what was normal for most FPS on game pads making people feel good about themselves. Destiny 2 has bog-standard ADS FPS gameplay once you remove that.

“Once you remove the thing that makes it better than everything else, it stops being better than everything else.”

Strictly talking about controller play obviously. Only way I play video games these days.

I enjoyed the beta for what it was.

But the monetisation is disgusting. So I'm going to learn to play Warframe instead.

lmao

You realize Warframe has a far more egregious monetization scheme, right? It’s a literal f2p title that lets you spend money to speed up progression.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Very true. Always funny seeing "best gunplay" opinions about pad + claw grip + tons of aim assists + 30fps+vsync. xD

Strakt

Says the guy that I see in Destiny posts posting the "salty" emote in response to fairly reasonable criticisms. Okay. Seems weird to point that out on the other end but pretty much participate in something similar on your end.

Actually I only use it for shit posts like yours. Seems weird you always respond to my posts, guess its a weird fetish you have.

tumblr_ow20ypviHJ1ree9kxo1_500.gif

Top Bottom