• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's TGS2012 lineup

Takao

Banned
Is sony gonna have a conference?

Has Sony never had a conference the eve before TGS? They usually do, and they probably will.

Level 5 MUST show something for PS3...Ni No Kuni was released almost a year ago so development for a potential new PS3 game must have started long before that.

After Bomba No Kuni I'm not so certain there is a market on PS3 for them.

Elios83

SCEJ CEO said that at TGS Vita's lineup would have a big expansion.
Who to believe :p
Definetly it's the right time to show if they have been able to convince the major japanese software developers to jump on board.

Takao

Banned
They had many console Bombas before that too but that didn't stopped them to keep trying.

Not really. Bomba No Kuni is by far their worst selling console game (worse than any Dark Cloud, White Knight Chronicle, or even Rogue Galaxy) and on Sony consoles it's the only one they've self published.

SCEJ CEO said that at TGS Vita's lineup would have a big expansion.
Who to believe :p
Definetly it's the right time to show if they have been able to convince the major japanese software developers to jump on board.

He also said that Vita Game Heaven 2 was something that would actually happen, didn't he? Agreed on the latter point, though.

sublimit

Banned
Not really. Bomba No Kuni is by far their worst selling console game (worse than any Dark Cloud, White Knight Chronicle, or even Rogue Galaxy) and on Sony consoles it's the only one they've self published.

Maybe the combined US/EU/JP sales will make the game look less of a bomba. :/

Anyway we already know they have two secret titles for their TGS line up,so my optimism tells me that at least one of them is for PS3
with Matsuno as the director.
:p

Takao

Banned
Maybe the combined US/EU/JP sales will make the game look less of a bomba. :/

Anyway we already know they have two secret titles for their TGS line up,so my optimism tells me that at least one of them is for PS3
with Matsuno as the director.
:p

Two secret titles doesn't mean new games. If you noticed, Yokai Watch (which shouldn't be a console game if Hino doesn't want to lose more money) is completely missing. I also highly doubt they'll be giving Matsuno money to blow on another huge console RPG, lol.

L5 has had a lot of underselling games lately. After having 2 million selling franchises (Inazuma Eleven and Layton), they have been able to manage to milk those two franchises to the point where the latest entry to Layton and IE bombed. I'm not 100% certain, but I think Little Battlers also under performed. They worked hard and got a couple of hits and 2 years ago were one of Japan's big publishers, but the company has gone downhill since then. They are now at a point where they need to come up with something before it's too late.

Half of the Vita titles on the list have no localization plans as of yet.
I have a bunch of those already pre-ordered.

*le sigh*

sublimit

Banned
Two secret titles doesn't mean new games. If you noticed, Yokai Watch (which shouldn't be a console game if Hino doesn't want to lose more money) is completely missing. I also highly doubt they'll be giving Matsuno money to blow on another huge console RPG, lol.

Stop crushing my hopes man. ;__;

Novid

Banned
L5 has had a lot of underselling games lately. After having 2 million selling franchises (Inazuma Eleven and Layton), they have been able to manage to milk those two franchises to the point where the latest entry to Layton and IE bombed. I'm not 100% certain, but I think Little Battlers also under performed. They worked hard and got a couple of hits and 2 years ago were one of Japan's big publishers, but the company has gone downhill since then. They are now at a point where they need to come up with something before it's too late.

Level 5 is a victim of there own success. They worked on their new, mega hi tech building built with that sony monies, instead of working on a GOOD game not named Inazuma, Layton or Battlers. That and the kid market has flatlined for half a decade over there, and nearly 2 decades here.

Novid

Banned
Ratchet & Clank Ginga Sentai Q Force

I find the title hillarious and relevent to my intrests. (Should be titled, Ginga Q Sentai, because Force in the title is related to Sentai)

Takao

Banned

They may have lost money on the first LBX release, since only Hino knows why it took them more than 3 years to make a freaking PSP game, haha. That would explain why they re-released it so many times. That said, I suspect the brand as a whole is a profitable venture for them due to the model kits being big sellers.

Novid

Banned
They may have lost money on the first LBX release, since only Hino knows why it took them more than 3 years to make a freaking PSP game, haha. That would explain why they re-released it so many times. That said, I suspect the brand as a whole is a profitable venture for them due to the model kits being big sellers.

It shouldnt have taken 3 years to build a PSP game. 3 years? Come on.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Selling + 400K in the first year on a new system is considered "bombing" now ?

Takao

Banned
Where's ZOE HD Collection Vita?

I suspect it'll either no longer exist, or come later. The transfarring logos are completely missing on the PS3 version's box art, and High Voltage Software is doing the ZoE HD Collection. Not Bluepoint, or Armature who did the MGS one.

OmegaZero

I suspect it'll either no longer exist, or come later. The transfarring logos are completely missing on the PS3 version's box art, and High Voltage Software is doing the ZoE HD Collection. Not Bluepoint, or Armature who did the MGS one.

Meh.

Guess I'll just forget about it for the time being.

kuroshiki

The problem with ni no kuni is that they released DS one first (which is a big mistake) and released PS3 version later. (Yeah I know they are different game and what not, but consumer's point wise, if DS game was not a big hit, PS3 version probably won't get a big hit status either)

Also I was never fond of L5 games, so whether they go under or not is not really my concern. But hino really fucked up gundam franchise, so I wonder what sunrise/bandai is thinking right now.

Boss Man

Good to see them focusing on Vita, I guess. I don't own one but I haven't learned to subdue my empathy yet.

Hey GAF, I've never played Okami. I'm going to be playing it for the first time and it's going to be in HD. I'm pretty excited about that. The game should be $30-$40 right?

Takao

Banned
It shouldnt have taken 3 years to build a PSP game. 3 years? Come on.

Little Battlers eXperience (PSP)
Announced in Famitsu on September 23, 2008
Released June 16, 2011

Little Battlers eXperience Boost (PSP) - Expanded re-release of original game
Announced during Level-5 Vision 2011 on October 15, 2011
Released November 23, 2011

Little Battlers eXperience Explosive Boost (3DS) - Expanded re-release of the expanded re-release
Announced in CoroCoro Comic on March 11, 2012
Released July 5, 2012

Little Battlers eXperience W (PSP/Vita) - Sequel
Announced in CoroCoro Comic on March 11, 2012
Released October 18, 2012

This is in addition to a 2D mobile phone adaptation of the first game on Level-5's Droid service, alongside a GREE game, the obvious reskinning of the game for Gundam AGE PSP (which as duckroll has hinted, has been a big flop), and various arcade tie-ins.

Hino loves milk.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The reason for the change from unannounced titles to current list of known titles to be there as of September 4th is because The Last Guardian will be there and they will totally shock everybody this way.

Yep!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's less than 40% of what it used to sell, so you tell me.

Erm of course games will sell way less on a system with a that much smaller userbase - comparing the the +30 million DS to the 2-3 million 3DS had at the time. If you expected more thats fine, but i doubt that Level 5 themselves expected to sell nearly as much with their first 3DS offerings, it just doesnt make any sense. They had one Layton game which sold more than a million and sales have been shrinking ever since.

Besides that i think we have different understanding of what we consider "bombing". Not selling as much as Mario or Monster Hunter shouldn't be the bar, since up to this day those are the only title who sold noticeably more on 3DS than these epic L5 "bombas".

patsu

Oh, and I should probably note that the press release itself also mentions that in total there will be "over 50 playable titles across all three platforms including unannounced titles". On the current list I think there are 40+ titles (someone feel free to actually count them again). So there are definitely several titles which aren't announced yet.

Press release: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/120904.html

Although Project Discovery for Vita was announced, they have not revealed its concept fully. We should hear more about the title in TGS or a Gaming Heaven event.

Sweet lots of games to look for in upcoming months, okami, metal gear R, yakuza 1-5,
and i haven't even bought Max payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Dragons Dogma, plus some other 20 game some amazon wishlist lol

patsu

I'm expecting one of the secret games to be Project Discovery.

patsu

I was referring to Level-5's secret games for TGS. Discovery Project is a Kadokawa x SCE quasi-dev kit thingie to help users make visual novels.

Yeah, they haven't really shown the actual game/app yet. Or announce any Project Discovery competition/event. Reckon we should be hearing more about it soon.

Raoh

PS Vita Zone:

Malicious Rebirth
Phantasy Star Online 2
Soul Sacrifice
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal
Assassin's Creed III Lady Liberty

PS3 Zone:

Okami HD
Zone of the Enders HD Edition
Dust 514
Sports Champion 2

That's all I can build up any excitement for... Thank god for my backlog.

Not impressed with the line up. I would have assumed that God Eater 2 would have became a Vita exclusive. It really could replace MH as the Vita premier software power house. Hell it could even sell million since MH is not on the Vita.

0% - Chances of PS4

10% - Versus being shown lol

20% - FF X HD Shown

30% - Last Guardian Shown

40% - New PS3 To be shown

50% - New IP for PS3

60% - Old IP shown again

70% - New PS3 Game shown

80% - New Vita games shown

90% - One big ip moneyhatted shown

100% - Sony wins TGS IGN Report

hype slowly raising I can't wait, This year is so awesome first Metal gear now TGS and more gamez

Cornbread78

PS Vita Zone:
Atelier Totori Plus
Phantasy Star Online 2
Soul Sacrifice
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
Ys Celceta Sea of Trees
Assassin's Creed III Lady Liberty

PS3 Zone:
Tales of Xillia 2

I must say I'm a little jelly right now, would love to see these in action......

Not impressed with the line up. I would have assumed that God Eater 2 would have became a Vita exclusive. It really could replace MH as the Vita premier software power house. Hell it could even sell million since MH is not on the Vita.

It's impossible to say for certain, but there's a pretty strong argument to be made that GE and Phantasy Star Portable were only able to sell as well as they did on PSP because MHP had already built an audience on the platform for that specific subgenre. I think it'd sell worse as a Vita exclusive, not better.

Having recently torn through Ys Origin, I&II, and currently playing The Oath in Felghana, I'm really hyped to see more of Ys: Celceta. releases in about 3 weeks. Sept 27th is gonna be hell on my wallet.

It's impossible to say for certain, but there's a pretty strong argument to be made that GE and Phantasy Star Portable were only able to sell as well as they did on PSP because MHP had already built an audience on the platform for that specific subgenre. I think it'd sell worse as a Vita exclusive, not better.

The latter Phantasy Star Portable games, especially 2 Infinity, were amazing in their own rights. Not only were the combat systems finely tuned, but the full online lobby/infrastructure system was nothing short of awesome on a handheld.

Is Fate/Stay Night another in the RPG line or the visual novel line? How were the Fate/ rpgs on the PSP anyway? I never got around to buying them because my eyes just sort of glazed over at the mention of "digital world"

I hope DJ Max Technika Tune and Atelier Totori Plus eventually come to NA

Takao

Banned
Is Fate/Stay Night another in the RPG line or the visual novel line? How were the Fate/ rpgs on the PSP anyway? I never got around to buying them because my eyes just sort of glazed over at the mention of "digital world"

I hope DJ Max Technika Tune and Atelier Totori Plus eventually come to NA

Vita game is a port of the visual novel. I dunno how Imageepoch's RPGs turned out.

SykoTech

Good to see them focusing on Vita, I guess. I don't own one but I haven't learned to subdue my empathy yet.

Hey GAF, I've never played Okami. I'm going to be playing it for the first time and it's going to be in HD. I'm pretty excited about that. The game should be $30-$40 right?

$20 I believe.

Top Bottom