• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Strax

Strange takeaway considering Dan is often harsh on Nintendo games that fail to live up to expectations. Like the last released Zelda game of example, plus literally everyone who is playing it think it's amazing.

He is also a man who gave Twilight Princess a 9.9 while saying it's not a top 5 Zelda game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They should do a call in show in the middle of the work day.

European questions are always the best

They should have some sort of weekly live audio focused show which already spends half of its time addressing mundane listener questions. Maybe Tuesday afternoon, that seems like a good spot for it.

oti

Banned
They should have some sort of weekly live audio focused show which already spends half of its time addressing mundane listener questions. Maybe Tuesday afternoon, that seems like a good spot for it.

You're still doing it. Let me help you out.

Call-in shows suuuuuuuuuuck. They take away time for good #content. They are not needed, two weekly podcasts already exist. There's no reason for them to exist since people can just send written questions. They are solutions to a problem that does not exist. And they remind me of PAX to they're the worst. Hella.

Hindl

The game seems to be great BUT Dan would probably be head over heels about a new Zelda game regardless.

Also, the stuff he was saying about "walking around the world and doing side quests for NPCs" like it was a great thing doesn't really translate into something actually great, especially for people who are tired of open world games like me.

I think the fact that it has the Zelda name will inflate a lot of impressions.

Eh, he's not too hot on Skyward Sword, he can be critical. I do wish we could get a double review with Brad/Jeff weighing in, but we'll hear their impressions soon anyway. Plus, everyone is gushing about BotW, not just Dan. Listen to Austin and Patrick gush about it on Waypoint. Austin in particular is over the moon with the game, listening to him talk about it alleviated a lot of the concerns about the open world that, like you, I had. And Gamespot's Peter Brown and Kotaku's Jason Schreier both keep talking about how special it is. There's a chance that the shine wears off and it falls apart as it goes on. But I haven't heard a single person be negative about the game. I think it's not just coasting on the Zelda name this time

Vinny has a new house and two little kids, come on.

I seriously wonder how some people on here function. I live in the same area as Vinny and make $50k a year, but between my rent car payments and student loans I dont have a ton of discretionary income. I make enouph to support myself but if I had kids forget about it, my lifestyle would have to change drastically.

I seriously wonder how some people on here function. I live in the same area as Vinny and make $50k a year, but between my rent car payments and student loans I dont have a ton of discretionary income. I make enouph to support myself but if I had kids forget about it, my lifestyle would have to change drastically.

Yea the financials of taking care of two kids must be crazy, my wife and I are 30, and we are seriously considering just not doing it. Just bought our first house though so maybe in a couple of years...

I guess that's why we hear about Vinny being choosy with the games he purchases, he shouldn't be BUYING any games, just have CBS buy them!

Strax

He says he likes it even more now after playing it in HD. I don't see how any of that makes him unfit to fairly review a game.

I didn't say he was unfit to review the game. Every reviewer has their preferences on games/genres. Jeff has talked about this in the past when he was assigning reviews if he should give a JRPG to someone who loves them, someone who doesn't play them or someone who hates them because every pick has + and - to them.

Giganteus

It's odd how there are no clips from call-in shows on the best of giant bomb videos. That's a super weird coincidence. I bet it's just so good that they can't risk giving any away for free, that's probably it.
To be fair, I feel like there's a lot of stuff the best of GB guy seems to miss or leave out.

Which one is this?

Because the most notable games released he still liked and if that Skyward Sword GI review was him it got a 10.

Link wont skin an animal and show that animation ad naseum? pre order cancelled.

You know, the greatest part of Far Cry skinning is when the game can't enter the animation and just adds the pelt to your inventory. Probably not a good sign the mechanic is fun.

Lunar FC

I went with
Zoe
as well because I thought it was funny. Turns out
it was fucking dumb to have her killed a few seconds later and then magically have Mia teleport to the shore.

Yeah that is what confused me. It's like they threw in that
choice
last minute without actually planning out the logistics of it.

Still a great game.

I'm about to see John Wick 2, and before the movie they're showing this god awful Matrix-inspired dance routine set to one-winged angel. It's pretty great.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Saw a Korean movie at the Dublin Film Festival this morning. One of the actors from Yakuza 0 was in it and it completely threw me for a loop.

The movie starting at 11 am probably didn't help either.

Santar

Is it just me or does it seem often when something gets a overwhelmingly positive reception Jeff sort of automatically gets pushed away from it?
Now I'm no super Zelda fan or anything, but going to the desyncing joycon issue as a con for the game was a bit weak.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well it is about Nintendo, so it's a similar cult-like experience.
Both held back by rules of the past

Is it just me or does it seem like any time something gets a overwhelmingly positive reception Jeff sort of automatically gets pushed away from it?
Now I'm no super Zelda fan or anything, but going to the desyncing joycon issue as a con for the game was a bit weak.
It's the big launch game, the connection is inevitable
unless it's lost

Tubobutts

Is it just me or does it seem like any time something gets a overwhelmingly positive reception Jeff sort of automatically gets pushed away from it?
I think Jaded Jeff™ Gerstmann just hates video games.

As someone who's only played half of wind waker and finished a link between worlds, these previews are getting me suuuper hyped for the new one.

Seeing how nobody but some part of the game's media cared about Frog Fractions 2, I don't think we need Frog Fractions 3.

I didn't think we needed a Frog Fractions 2 (or 3, if Glitchesarecool isn't just making up what he said a few posts above), yet it exists (or not).

Top Bottom