• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Lima

XP I'm going for, don't fancy 8 hours worth though lol

Add Don Joewon Song to your friends list and do the XP Madness blueprint challenge on the left most side of the map. Buy the triple XP perk before and then just weave through traffic with the Lamborghini. A 25 minute session yields roughly 400k XP. Much better than the Goliath if XP is all that's your after.

Add Don Joewon Song to your friends list and do the XP Madness blueprint challenge on the left most side of the map. Buy the triple XP perk before and then just weave through traffic with the Lamborghini. A 25 minute session yields roughly 400k XP. Much better than the Goliath if XP is all that's your after.

Who is this person? I've been seeing their event blueprints everywhere since day one.

Lima

Who is this person? I've been seeing their event blueprints everywhere since day one.

One of the best Forza players I would say. Part of the top clan, puts it incredible tunes and paintings. Check out his YouTube channel. Some of the challenges he does are insane.

Fox Mulder

I went back to horizon 1 for a bit. This game is still pretty. No dumb drivatars and a real campaign. I also like the 2012 wub music too.

I just wish I had bought all the dlc before it got delisted. I forgot you have to buy dlc cars in game too. Man, we're spoiled now.

I did that for a bit, but it's just too boring. I'm fine racing Goliath in fast cars. I had a top 200 clean lap time to work on too.

I'm in the mid 700s now, so any XP grinding is kind of dumb really since the level gaps are stupid huge.

getting a Horizon Car that I don't want is great bc that just means free money

auction house millions here i come

Good luck with that.

I always get the ones that don't bloody sell or go for 200-300k

I've been trying to sell an HE Corvette and an HE Countach for weeks now, and the devs screwed me over by gifting everyone a Countach so there's even less of a chance of selling it now.

louiedog

March Forzathon preview

C5dn_iLVUAACAAz.jpg

LoveCake

One of the best Forza players I would say. Part of the top clan, puts it incredible tunes and paintings. Check out his YouTube channel. Some of the challenges he does are insane.

If not the best Forza player, of all time (maybe), I have Don Joewon Song as a friend and I often use his tunes as well, sometimes I install one and I would prefer a different set of wheel design so I go into edit and then install all the items he had installed except for the wheels and I save it then go back to load his up again to check and he somehow has a lower weight, higher top speed or something else higher, I don't know how he manages to tune the cars the way he does and some of his designs are very good as well.

I managed to get the Toyota Supra RZ Horizon Edition for 2.5m this evening and used Don Joewon Song's tune and his Brian's Fast & The Furious design and it's perfection.

Forza Horizon 3 - THE WORLDS HARDEST CHALLENGE!!!

I think he is one of the first if not the first to get to level 1000 as well.

March Forzathon preview

The Lamborghini Sesto Elemento :D I hope it's a easy win.

How much are you looking for those? I'll buy them off you.

Sweet! Given it was gifted to everyone I'm not looking for much more than base price on the Countach, but if I can get a million for the 'vette that would be nice. I'm gonna go put them in the auction house on a 24-hour timer.

E: someone bought the 'vette. Relisted the Countach for 24 hours at minimum start bid. Also friended you, maybe that'll make it easier to find the auction.

zorbsie

Sweet! Given it was gifted to everyone I'm not looking for much more than base price on the Countach, but if I can get a million for the 'vette that would be nice. I'm gonna go put them in the auction house on a 24-hour timer.

E: someone bought the 'vette. Relisted the Countach for 24 hours at minimum start bid. Also friended you, maybe that'll make it easier to find the auction.

Done. Enjoy the millions, don't spend it all in one place. :)

Done. Enjoy the millions, don't spend it all in one place. :)

Many thanks! Don't worry, I'll invest them wisely. Probably buying more HE cars ^^

Out of curiosity, what're you planning on doing with the 'tach?

And how did you rack up enough cash to do lavishly spend it on fellow GAFers? Asking so I can pay it forward :)

So the second expansion will be in April at the earliest. :/

Hopefully they're taking their time to give us something awesome :) And it's not like there isn't plenty of stuff to keep us busy in the meantime.

E: btw, has anyone managed to get their hands on the GAF logo in-game? Wouldn't mind kitting some of my cars with it, "represent" and all that.

Klocker

They really should let us drop the opening bid on those slow/no selling HE cars.

200,000 you think would make them go but they are just sitting there these days

LoveCake

I am still trying to get a Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Horizon Edition, the only car I have with a XP Boost is the Ford Mustang Boss 302 Horizon Edition and even with a 4WD set up by Don Joewon Song I still find it way to tail happy :(

I managed to get the Toyota Supra RZ Horizon Edition for 2.5m the other day, it's an incredible car to drive, but just watch in a few weeks it wouldn't surprise me if they give it away or something and the price plummets :( I have only won two HE cars on the spins and tbh the VIP wheelspin X2 is a scam, the amount of times I win 5000 or 7500 is incredible :(

I don't want to sound ungrateful and sound like a moaner but over the years the rewards offered for having the Forza top edition/version appear to be getting worse as time goes on, and furthermore the car packs don't offer much value, what they should contain is one HE car in each pack that would offer better value, the auction house for cars doesn't really do anything other than allow people with an extra HE to get some extra funds, why not just have the HE cars available to buy for £1/$1/€1 each or get everyone including future releases for £20/$20/€20 or something?

The reason for gaining credits to buy cars and mods is as important in Forza games as every other racing/driving game has been since the dawn of gaming, it is a reason to keep racing, but why not just have the HE cars in the shop at whatever price?

I also hope that when the Porsche DLC comes there are Rauh Welt Begriff versions in there with the full variety of wings as well, I know that RWB (Rauh Welt Begriff) was listed in the credits, if RWB are not in the game then pay Nakai-san what he wants, heck I will even pay real money for a standalone RWB pack!

I don't like to criticize any game especially one that I love, the only reason I purchased a X1 is to play Forza games.

Fox Mulder

So the second expansion will be in April at the earliest. :/

It's just Porsche though, right. They've never done two map expansions. I'd love a 1000 club again from the first game.

I'm not hyped for a $20 Porsche expansion at this point. I've done everything and have put 150+ hours in. Would have loved those cars closer to release months ago.

I'm not hyped for a $20 Porsche expansion at this point. I've done everything and have put 150+ hours in. Would have loved those cars closer to release months ago.

I stand by my guess that with the whole EA licencing stuff, that this time the Porsche "expansion" will either just be a big car pack at normal-ish price. Would make room for a second map expansion to blow people away.

I was gonna keep the Ford GT HE but I'm a maniac in it lol far too reckless, was using it for Goliath but I've gone back to the slower Countach as I'm just going for pure credits rather than XP right now.

shagia

I always get the ones that don't bloody sell or go for 200-300k

Good luck with that.

I've been trying to sell an HE Corvette and an HE Countach for weeks now, and the devs screwed me over by gifting everyone a Countach so there's even less of a chance of selling it now.

only works with supras

I must admit that a number of my HE cars didn't sell (I stock up on em normally) but I made a nice ~6 million off of my BMW M4 (sold the most), my Corvette Z06 (which took a couple of tries but ultimately sold for 600k), my Chevelle SS, my SRT Hellcat and my useless ass C63 AMG (sold the least for 200k or 400k)

This plus the money I already had pushed me to buy the Shelby Daytona Coupe. if you like spending 8 million credits for cars, go right ahead and buy it just to flex online, it's actually been a pretty strong performer online. Not very ideal for circuit runs, but makes a great Yarra Valley car, especially for sprints.

edit: I won a HE car for once

the HE Polaris looks like one of those HE cars that you instantly push to the auction house just for some pocket change

Fox Mulder

I was gonna keep the Ford GT HE but I'm a maniac in it lol far too reckless, was using it for Goliath but I've gone back to the slower Countach as I'm just going for pure credits rather than XP right now.

I don't like using the GT on Goliath either. It may be the best for credits, but I can't do better than like 9:08 in it. I get better times in the Huracan. Wish there was a HE regera or one:1.

zorbsie

E: btw, has anyone managed to get their hands on the GAF logo in-game? Wouldn't mind kitting some of my cars with it, "represent" and all that.

Talk with Jub3. He told me he made one in Forza 6. He just needs to transfer it over to Horizon 3. I'll let you know when it's up.

LoveCake

Talk with Jub3. He told me he made one in Forza 6. He just needs to transfer it over to Horizon 3. I'll let you know when it's up.

What about a actual GAF livery that is designed for a specific car?

I am not sure, but the last car that the player has driven is this the car that shows up in other friends games?

I managed to get a Jaguar Project 7 HE car, it was just over £2m though.

What are the rarest?

I did see a Lamborghini Huracan HE yesterday and I had never seen one before, I also did see two Nissan GT-R Black Edition HE for sale today but they went for a high price, the Toyota Supra RZ HE is also always at least £2m+.

zorbsie

What about a actual GAF livery that is designed for a specific car?

We actually had one of those in Forza 5 that M0dus designed for us if I'm not mistaken. I want to say it was the Mazda MX-5 Cup.

Maybe we should have a competition for a GAF designed car. Lets pick a car and have anyone here do up a GAF themed design for it. Winner gets 10 million in credits. Anyone up for that?

LoveCake

We actually had one of those in Forza 5 that M0dus designed for us if I'm not mistaken. I want to say it was the Mazda MX-5 Cup.

Maybe we should have a competition for a GAF designed car. Lets pick a car and have anyone here do up a GAF themed design for it. Winner gets 10 million in credits. Anyone up for that?

I will have a go at this.

zorbsie

OK List so far:
2013 Toyota GT86 - $28.8k
1991 BMW M3 - $70k
2005 BMW M3 - $33k
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 - $25k
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - $31k
1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR - $28k
1997 Nissan Skyline GTS-R V-SPEC - $37k (rrs this is what I think of when I think GT. :) )

Names and prices are from the game. All of the cars are in the base game. Lets give it till tomorrow and then we can vote on the final car to use. Nice to see most are very cheap cars. Feel free to correct any of these or add more to the list.

LoveCake

The - 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with Liberty Walk body-kit it is $70,000 ish.

I went in and had a look through the cars this evening and it was a car I didn't have and it looked a nice shape for putting a design on, and on driving it, it sounds great and also handles pretty well.

KRaZyAmmo

are we having a contest making a neogaf liveried car? (not that I can do it because my laptop hates me)

btw I meant the 2004 WRX Impreza STi GDB Blob eye:
02034898-7f45-483c-8c18-74ba815bb590.jpg

OK List so far:
1991 BMW M3 - $70k
2005 BMW M3 - $33k
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - $31k
1997 Nissan Skyline GTS-R V-SPEC - $37k (rrs this is what I think of when I think GT. :) )

Names and prices are from the game. All of the cars are in the base game. Lets give it till tomorrow and then we can vote on the final car to use. Nice to see most are very cheap cars. Feel free to correct any of these or add more to the list.

No Aussie cars though? Would be nice to add a Ute to the list.

Also, speaking of the GT86: there's one parked on my street right now with this horrible decal on the roof :(

zorbsie

are we having a contest making a neogaf liveried car? (not that I can do it because my laptop hates me)
We are! Winner gets 10M credits in game.

btw I meant the 2004 WRX Impreza STi GDB Blob eye:
Making the change now.

OK final list of cars.
1991 BMW M3 - $70k
2005 BMW M3 - $33k
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - $28k
1997 Nissan Skyline GTS-R V-SPEC - $37k
2014 HSV Limited Edition Gen-F GTS Maloo - $63k
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with Liberty Walk body-kit ~$70k

Vote for the car you'd like to see a design on. Pick 2 from the list and the car with the most votes will be the car we use for the contest. Vote here!

Top Bottom