• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Not expecting much, but I'm glad to hear that something is coming. There were too many signs pointing to something for it to only be nothing.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Anything... anything at all... hello... hello...

In other news I'm trying to learn Grandmaster. Played an Ermac and realized just how outclassed Sub is. Ermac's normals are faster and safer. He can teleport. Levitate. His freeze ball thing is faster, too. Very difficult match up.

Mr_Zombie

How bad is Mortal Kombat X on PC? The Premium Edition is available for a big discount in a Polish e-shop (muve.pl) - 29PLN from 129PLN (~$7.5 from ~$34) and I'm considering buying it for the single player content. Aside from the terribad netcode (I'm not even planning playing it online) and not getting Kombat Pack 2, is there anything that should prevent me from buying it?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
How bad is Mortal Kombat X on PC? The Premium Edition is available for a big discount in a Polish e-shop (muve.pl) - 29PLN from 129PLN (~$7.5 from ~$34) and I'm considering buying it for the single player content. Aside from the terribad netcode (I'm not even planning playing it online) and not getting Kombat Pack 2, is there anything that should prevent me from buying it?

New PC online coming as per steam logs.

Everything else is fine and works great.

Capture.png

I hate all this teasing. It's wearing thin.

Pejo

I just recently picked up this game plus a huge bundle of DLC from Bundle Stars for like 16 bucks. I am really blown away by all the content. Each fighter having 3 styles is great, tons of moves, combos, finishers.

Factions are a neat addition, too. Can you switch at some point? And are the faction finishers only usable while under that faction? Do they differ between factions?

It's really funny coming to this game after being very casual in SFV, it feels like an embarrassment of riches in terms of things to do, and stuff to explore.

Some of these fatalities and X-Ray attacks are really nasty too. One particular fatality from the dude with the extendable whips was extremely gross, where he shoves his whip down the person's throat, and rips their guts out through their mouth, then their mouth just bubbles up blood. Actually had a real gross out effect on me, which is really rare in gaming.

Also, what are the biggest complaints about the PC version? I know a lot of people were complaining it was an awful port, but it seems really great to me. I can get buttery smooth 60FPS with high settings across the board, or 30FPS steady at 4k. Is it the netcode or something of that nature that makes it bad?

Compbros

Factions are a neat addition, too. Can you switch at some point? And are the faction finishers only usable while under that faction? Do they differ between factions?

Also, what are the biggest complaints about the PC version? I know a lot of people were complaining it was an awful port, but it seems really great to me. I can get buttery smooth 60FPS with high settings across the board, or 30FPS steady at 4k. Is it the netcode or something of that nature that makes it bad?

Yes, yes, yes.

They were always behind in balance patches and are still behind until next month.

RedSwirl

So XL is out on PC and I'm contemplating it now. Truth be told I'd mostly be doing the singleplayer stuff.

Another question I have is, how big is the download if you go from nothing straight to installing XL?

pahamrick

So XL is out on PC and I'm contemplating it now. Truth be told I'd mostly be doing the singleplayer stuff.

Another question I have is, how big is the download if you go from nothing straight to installing XL?

Including KP2, the total DL was around 36GB for me.

Xevren

Game since the patch has been pretty dope, also turns out not playing for nearly a year makes you pretty rusty! Having fun though.

lupinko

I just bought this via PSN WB sale.

Some questions:

- I played Kung Lao in MK9, is he still fun and good in this game?
- Will there be a Kombat Pack 3?
- How are the movie characters?

Khezu

I just bought this via PSN WB sale.

Some questions:

- I played Kung Lao in MK9, is he still fun and good in this game?
- Will there be a Kombat Pack 3?
- How are the movie characters?

KL is still very fun, he isn't as good as he was in MK9 IMO, but he is still decent.
Buzzsaw and Tempest are cool.
His spin recently lost it's armor though, so that might be a deal breaker for some.

Probably not.

Predator is really well designed and a great overall character.
Jason is really good, but kinda goofy and stiff. Pretty easy to pickup though if you play Slasher.
Alien is dumb, he got nerfed, but Acidic is still dumb dumb.
I can't really say anything about Leatherface.

lupinko

KL is still very fun, he isn't as good as he was in MK9 IMO, but he is still decent.
Buzzsaw and Tempest are cool.
His spin recently lost it's armor though, so that might be a deal breaker for some.

Probably not.

Predator is really well designed and a great overall character.
Jason is really good, but kinda goofy and stiff. Pretty easy to pickup though if you play Slasher.
Alien is dumb, he got nerfed, but Acidic is still dumb dumb.
I can't really say anything about Leatherface.

Ah cool, and do you think MKX is done when Injustice 2 hits or NRS will support both games concurrently?

The updates and competitive focus has really helped this series.

Mr_Zombie

What's the quickest way to earn Koins except from doing the Story (I've already finished it)? Completing a tower barely gives you maybe 2-4k Koins and there are a lot of stuff in the Krypt that cost more than that. :|

Naar

I had a question regarding costumes in MK XL

I bought a few copies of MK XL for a tournament last year and only played it for the 3 days of the tournament and put back in storage. MK XL is part of the line up again but I NEED to have alternate costumes (long story)

Is buying the $20 unlock all krypt items what I am looking for? I only need to have 2 PS4s with alternate costumes. So I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay more than $40

Specifically I need to cover up the females showing the most skin, so if there are individual costumes that would be cheaper than the price I mentioned above, even better!

I saw on PSN it only had a 3 or 4 costumes, so is the krypt unlock thing my only other option?

I just started playing this game's story mode. Anyone familiar with the old games, what story elements from the old games post MK3 currently line up with this timeline? Are there any moments in MKX's story that contains familiar beats with events from MK4 so far? And what possible characters and story arcs do you see NRS utilizing in future games?

A friend of mine who's really into these games has speculated that NRS plans to eventually bring the story back to the Pyramid during the opening of MK9. I know that this is a soft reboot of sorts, but they've seemingly already backed themselves into a corner with the deaths of characters that played key roles in some of the events. So how would NRS remedy this going forward?

Also, I have to assume that NRS won't be calling every character back up to story mode, so who would probably end up on the chopping block, and conversely, which characters do you see as strong candidates for future story mode installments?

Top Bottom