• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Swarm |OT| - Free Co-op Multiplayer from Valve

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Son of Godzilla said:
Wow this still hasn't unlocked? I know Valve time is a joke, but I was expecting it at midnight, not 2pm.
This is a free game, quit your bitching. They don't owe you this game, remember that.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Been convincing all my friends to pick this up. Gonna be trying out some co-op with my coworkers tonight.

Can't remember where, but I heard someone mention a TF2 hat for picking this game up. Any source on that?

Zerokku said:
Can't remember where, but I heard someone mention a TF2 hat for picking this game up. Any source on that?

For downloading it? It's probably going to be like Trackmania where it's only on your account while you have it installed. Not sure how that would work with getting a TF2 hat.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Son of Godzilla said:
Wow this still hasn't unlocked? I know Valve time is a joke, but I was expecting it at midnight, not 2pm.
The way people feel like they are entitled to everything now is absolutely disgusting.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
gregor7777 said:
For downloading it? It's probably going to be like Trackmania where it's only on your account while you have it installed. Not sure how that would work with getting a TF2 hat.

They had hats for stuff like Sam & Max and Left 4 Dead 1, so It's not unheard of/impossible.

Edit: And on the first point, unlikely. This is valve. Its not like if I uninstall my free portal that its removed from my account or anything. It's on my account forever from the time I "purchase" it.

Zerokku said:
They had hats for stuff like Sam & Max and Left 4 Dead 1, so It's not unheard of/impossible.

Yeah, but those were permanently on your account after you purchase. Free games like Trackmania are only in your Games list while they are installed.

It would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work.

Edit: And on the first point, unlikely. This is valve. Its not like if I uninstall my free portal that its removed from my account or anything. It's on my account forever from the time I "purchase" it.

Perhaps. Maybe it will work that way then. I guess we'll see. :D

Mafro

Air Zombie Meat said:
Wonder if this is going to melt the servers down when it gets released. Looking forward to it anyway!
This is why I'll wait till later tonight to download.

Lyphen said:
The way people feel like they are entitled to everything now is absolutely disgusting.
Yea, that's exactly it. :lol What did you glean that I feel entitled to from my laughing at their joke of a release system?

This is a free game, quit your bitching. They don't owe you this game, remember that.
There are thousands of free games in Africa starving for people to play them everyday, you better enjoy this one.

Volcynika

I'm pretty sure the store page had that timer on it at least yesterday (X hours until the game is unlocked), I looked at it yesterday and said like 14 hours or something. So if you were to expect something at a certain time, you maybe could've looked at the game's page. But, paying attention and all is rough.

Son of Godzilla said:
Yea, that's exactly it. :lol What did you glean that I feel entitled to from my laughing at their joke of a release system?

There are thousands of free games in Africa starving for people to play them everyday, you better enjoy this one.

Does it happen to be when you're at work or something? Why did you assume it would have been released at 12:01? :lol I don't get it.

It's not like they delayed it.

Seeing this game has peaked my interest in what other kinds of non-first person projects Valve is working on. I remember them hiring the DOTA guy and putting him in charge of a development team. Any news of that project?

Circle of Willis said:
Seeing this game has peaked my interest in what other kinds of non-first person projects Valve is working on. I remember them hiring the DOTA guy and putting him in charge of a development team. Any news of that project?

No news yet. Icefrog said that news should be forthcoming soon though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Son of Godzilla said:

If you are trying to sound like less of an asshole, you aren't really helping it.

Max

I am not Max
It's cool that they're using that one large three-legged alien you fight on Xen in this game

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SappYoda said:
Two pages only?

GAF fails
We're all refreshing the steam page.

The SDK is cool but I doubt I'll be able to do anything with it unless its super user friendly.

already forwarded link to facebook gaming friends.

THANK YOU VALVE. YOU ROCK!!! I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH GABE. IN EVERY HOLE IMAGINEABLE!

syllogism

" There are some console commands to make the game harder if Insane mode isn't enough for you. Most notably there's asw_horde 1 which activates a L4D style Director who spawns random hordes of Swarm drones periodically. "

Jenga

Banned
release a free game: get two pages on GAF

announce the game 6 months in advance and for $50: 20+ pages on GAF

Top Bottom