• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfoot

Banned
Wow....that's a nice find, but not happening. Not with their lighting system. They probably accidentally copy/pasted from TLOU/Tomb Raider description or something.

It's either a typo, or the PS4 has a wavering frame rate that hits 60fps whenever Aiden is stood inside the world's most bland and inactive toilet cubicle... and the toilet isn't flushing.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, i dont think its a typo, i think its probably just misunderstanding/bad info from the guy(s) who made the ad. I mean, "6" is just above "3" on the numpad, so its possible to do a quick typo like that, but i dont think i've ever seen 30fps being highlighted. In those cases i usually see "in 1080p" only with no mention of the framerate.

Pjsprojects

I'm having serious doubt that my PC will be able to hold 60 in Watch_Dogs so I'd love to see the wizardry that makes it 60fps on PS4. That's a very silly typo if it isn't the case.

That's crossed my mind as well. Got to be an error? If not then I should of got the PS4 version!

Honestly though, that doesn't really look like a typo. Maybe they achieved it recently well after the controversial unveiling? Nah.......

S¡mon

Banned
It's funny how a lot of people say it's "impossible" and that you "have to look at the ground to achieve 60 fps".

Sure, it may be a typo - but it can just as well be true. XB1 is confirmed 1080p30fps. Maybe the PS4 version has the same graphics, but achieves a higher frame rate.

How can you guys say it is impossible, when nobody has been able to do benchmarks on ANY device.

Honestly it infuriates me now. If this is not locked then bust.

Completely agree.
Now you can't even get hyped when a company says, 60fps 1080p.
At the back of your head your thinking, locked 60 or unlocked? If it's not locked don't bother marketing it at all, seriously.

S¡mon;111375964 said:
It's funny how a lot of people say it's "impossible" and that you "have to look at the ground to achieve 60 fps".

Sure, it may be a typo - but it can just as well be true. XB1 is confirmed 1080p30fps. Maybe the PS4 version has the same graphics, but achieves a higher frame rate.

How can you guys say it is impossible, when nobody has been able to do benchmarks on ANY device.

I thought it still hasn't been confirmed yet. Do you have a source?

theytookourjobz

S¡mon;111375964 said:

Not impossible but you would think this would have been out there before now if it's not a mistake.

Its not a typo if they specifically mention 60fps. What else would it be, 30? Why would they mention that?

Didn't GG say Shadow Fall's multiplayer was 60fps, when it was dipping all over the place. Probably same thing with watch dogs. Unlocked.

Pack it up folks.

Do not pack it up, probably unlocked and hits 60fps at times. Clever marketing talk.

I hope I'm wrong.

Mr Moose

S¡mon;111375964 said:

When did that happen? If true, I can see this being true.

If they say so - alright. It surely means that the game sometimes reach 60 fps and frankly I don't think it's a big deal. But hey, Xbox One couldn't probably pull even that off, so it makes perfect sense to capitalize on that for Sony marketing.

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't remember any official word on framerate and resolutions. In fact, during the preview blowout from three weeks ago they were asked and specifically dodged the answer by stating they were still tweaking performance.

If only every dev did what Kojima did with GZ. We are days away from launch and still don't have that many details like framerate and resolution.

Portugeezer

Why does it have to be either 30 or 60? whats wrong With for example locked 48fps like the hobbit Movies?
I dont mind it, but on a 60hz display 48fps can cause judder as it isnt a division of 2 from 60, which is why gamees are usually 60 or 30. For movies judder isn't that big a deal as they're not interactive.

Myggen

Its not a typo if they specifically mention 60fps. What else would it be, 30? Why would they mention that?

More like creative marketing, probably. If it can hit 60fps when staring at the floor or some shit they can say that it's 60fps even if it's unlocked and closer to 30fps in the open world.

thelastword

Banned
"... in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 fps in 1080p" lulz

On the other hand, a bit sad that resolution and framerate are used to sell games these days... I dunno, we'll see. I wonder why Ubi would not keep up with their previous "30fps gold standard for open world games" heh :p

Why is it sad? Isn't that how the majority of pc games are sold, by the sheer ability to push larger resolutions and framerates. This is also a new console generation, just like newer graphics cards, one of their main appeals is founded on what type of performance they can pull out.

Jhn

This just has to be factually incorrect. It's a weird mistake to make for the official playstation site, sure, so I can see why people are getting their hopes up.

However, if it was true, Ubisoft would be shouting it from the rooftops. They aren't. It isn't.

lmbotiva

please god no, is this is another unlocked jumping framerate ALA tomb raider DE this game is a pass for me, the judder is so annoying :(

KORNdoggy

after downgrading, it would make no sense it being 30 fps.

Unless the downgrade was for xbone parity in regards to LOOKS but then they had additional processing power left on PS4 so just buffed up the framerate.

/conspiracy.

Edit: anyone tweeted ubi for confirmation?

bombshell

They would have shouted it out when people complained about the downgrades.

Not if a certain other console version is only 30 fps, then they will be hesitant to talk about any differences, like with Tomb Raider where we only found out about the framerate difference very late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom