• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Fbh

Dr Stone 4
I see where this is going. Could be interesting, and if this guy now learns how to revive people we might end up with 2 opposing groups.

MHA 131
It's good that they are building up a big conflict because IMO this has been pretty boring form some time now.

PK Gaming

Soma

MDt3NbW.png

This was a good chapter.

I like how the author dropped the pretense of this being a one sided fight.

Get em Soma. Or lose. Either outcome is fine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The key is still going to be the other two guys helping him out. It would be stupid if he won otherwise. I'm guessing they are going to underplay what Isshiki and Megashima are doing until the end.

I'm almost always on-topic! It just happens that every topic is one way or another related to smut, for smut is life!

Whatever you say Zweizer, whatever you say...
Got anything smutty/overly cute worth me spending my time on?

Berserk Ch348: Wow... just wow. I'm practically speechless. How I've missed this.

Zweizer

Banned
Whatever you say Zweizer, whatever you say...
Got anything smutty/overly cute worth me spending my time on?

Ayame to Amane, Tsugumomo, Murciélago, Okusan, Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu, Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san, Bright and Cheery Amnesia, Tejina Senpai, Yuricam, Nukoduke!, Yuzumori-san, Elf-san wa Yaserarenai, Yuri Mekuru Hibi, Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki, Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane, Oddman 11.

Preferably in this order. Or maybe not.

upandaway

One Piece

He trained his haki so hard he can see a bit into the future? What haha, holy crap. That guy's crazy. I guess I didn't expect someone that intense to be introduced so nonchalantly. I guess he's the top dude outside of Big Mom? I wonder if the foresight will play into the 5 seconds at the party. Man what the heck, what is that supposed to mean, actually how do you even train observation haki

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Berserk Ch348: Wow... just wow. I'm practically speechless. How I've missed this.

Ikr? I feel like it has been a really long time since Berserk has shown anything resembling the dark fantasy it is (though that's probably just because of the year in a half between chapters) Either way, A+ symbolism all over the place here.

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch208

They're actually pretty handy. I recommend getting one if you like noodles.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni ch30

Jeez, she's such a jerk.

Ayame to Amane, Tsugumomo, Murciélago, Okusan, Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu, Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san, Bright and Cheery Amnesia, Tejina Senpai, Yuricam, Nukoduke!, Yuzumori-san, Elf-san wa Yaserarenai, Yuri Mekuru Hibi, Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki, Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane, Oddman 11.

Preferably in this order. Or maybe not.

Only a couple there I haven't read, but I'll trust the one's I haven't read are worth my time.

Ikr? I feel like it has been a really long time since Berserk has shown anything resembling the dark fantasy it is (though that's probably just because of the year in a half between chapters) Either way, A+ symbolism all over the place here.

Funnily enough after re-reading it for the third time, I instantly went once Facebook, and yelled from the belfry that anyone who wasn't currently reading this was in fact - 100% scientifically might I add - wasting their time, and should instantly read it.

EDIT:
Also Guts as the dog and his actions was too damn accurate/powerful, made me well up inside.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One Piece ch. 860

Some of these big bads seem cool. What the hell at a dude who can see slightly into the future though. How are they gonna get around that, exactly.

Dr. Stone ch. 4

Yeah of course this dude is evil.

I dig his lion outfit though.

Berserk ch. 348

How Guts is represented in Casca's mind kinda got me.

Quasar

Can't say I've ever gotten angry with manga stories. My few cases of rage seem to be all related to publishers forcing writers to rush endings or ending things before I wanted them to end.

I'm still, for instance, feeling annoyed that with Nana to Kaoru we never got a time jump so the story would continue after Black Label.

Can't say I've ever gotten angry with manga stories. My few cases of rage seem to be all related to publishers forcing writers to rush endings or ending things before I wanted them to end.

I'm still, for instance, feeling annoyed that with Nana to Kaoru we never got a time jump so the story would continue after Black Label.

Have you read wolf guy?
don't

Soma 208

This competition is off to a good start. Somas face with the noodle machine was pretty funny.

The key is still going to be the other two guys helping him out. It would be stupid if he won otherwise. I'm guessing they are going to underplay what Isshiki and Megashima are doing until the end.

Agree. They are former elite 10 anyway. And you only need to have more wins than the other team.

Now Loading…! 1
Cute girls making cute games. I haven't read New Game, but from what I've absorbed about it through osmosis, I'm fairly sure this is NG with less faux yuri and more actual yuri (and without the 4-koma format). Whether that's an improvement or not depends on your tastes. The art also lacks Shoutarou's exceptional charm. For my part, there's a gothic lolita on the splash page, so followed until the end of time.

bobohoro

Berserk 348

Worth the wait. Hound Guts got me good, but all of the symbolism in the chapter was on point.
Can't wait for it to continue deeper.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 163

The ultimate troll. Looking back, the fact that I was as upset and embarrased as the principal shows that the intent worked, although I highly disagree with it.

Jintor

Now Loading…! 1

Cute girls making cute games. I haven't read New Game, but from what I've absorbed about it through osmosis, I'm fairly sure this is NG with less faux yuri and more actual yuri (and without the 4-koma format). Whether that's an improvement or not depends on your tastes. The art also lacks Shoutarou's exceptional charm. For my part, there's a gothic lolita on the splash page, so followed until the end of time.

someone said yuri and i came running

upandaway

Now Loading…! 1

How come you never tried New Game, didn't you like Komorebi?

dani_dc

Berserk 348

This was a cool chapter.

Unfortunately it was mostly just relaying information the reader already knows to Schierke and Farnese, so it felt quite quick and like not much has happened.

Thankfully the wait for next chapter won't be too long, still going to be painful.

Now Loading…! 1

Hopefully it's not as boring as New Game.

Zweizer

Banned
Now Loading…! ch1 by Mikanuji

Comparisons to New Game! aside, it doesn't take long to get into the meat of things, which is what matters. I'm eager to see how it'll develop.

Aizo

Banned
Arte 1

Picked this up thanks to Aizo mentioning it (I think Droplet posted about it before too). First chapter was really nice, I'm digging the setup with the contrasting childhoods a lot and the art's great. I have to say that opening the first freaking page and seeing a girl cut her long hair was traumatic. Happened in Shirayuki too, these manga are trying to kill me.

Funny that you've already read more despite me being the one who bought it. hahaha
Thanks for mentioning me :D

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch534

I hope he gets a beating.

Nukoduke! ch97-98

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch12

Black General's getting an anime. And by anime, I mean 10 x 3 minute shorts via a new anime streaming smartphone app. RIP.

How come you never tried New Game, didn't you like Komorebi?
Komorebi was (and still is) one of my all-time favourites! Looking back, I actually did try chp 1 of New Game around 2.37 years ago, but I suspect I ended up backlogging it because I wanted to wait for more releases. And then forgot to start it again.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's not even very good. It's a mess so far. Were people this entranced by 3d imaged comic backgrounds?

You read Gantz because sometimes you just really need to read something bad.

Also I was a teenager and one of the characters was basically naked Lara Croft.

Fancolors

Now Loading…! 1

Only similarity it has to New Game is the setting. Nothing else resembles NG so far.

Dunno how I feel about it progressing so quickly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 208

This competition is off to a good start. Somas face with the noodle machine was pretty funny.

Agree. They are former elite 10 anyway. And you only need to have more wins than the other team.
It's fake. The teams only determine who gets "help". If you lose in the 1-on-1 portion of the 3-on-3 you get eliminated.

Top Bottom