• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego 21309: NASA Apollo Saturn V

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/137

After weeks of teases, the set is finally revealed.

1969 Pieces

USD 119.99 / EURO 119.99 / GBP 109.99

June 1st, 2017

MLd1BX0.jpg

Lego Ideas continues to give us great sets.

AMAZING.

I hope they do the Shuttle one day to this standard, the one they did recently and the Technics one were cool, but one in this theme would be amazing.

How tall is it when built? Lego's aside, the Saturn V is an absolutely incredible rocket and the size of the thing is mind boggling.

mclem

Just looked back at the original IDEAS campaign; interested to see that it's about the same height, and has considerably fewer bricks than the finished version - often the refinement process for ideas projects will slim down the piece count, and I think lots of people used to think that 1000 was roughly a cap on the realistic numbers - but this has twice as many, and LEGO added most of them themselves!

Woorloog

Banned
Is this the first time they've has microfigs?

Nanofigs. And no, they originate from the UCS Avengers Helicarrier, i think.

Just looked back at the original IDEAS campaign; interested to see that it's about the same height, and has considerably fewer bricks than the finished version - often the refinement process for ideas projects will slim down the piece count, and I think lots of people used to think that 1000 was roughly a cap on the realistic numbers - but this has twice as many, and LEGO added most of them themselves!

Also, this set is pretty cheap per piece, something like 6 cents a piece. The usual prices are about 10 cents a piece, and licensed sets are more expensive.
I think.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I want two - one to stand tall, and the other separated to show the different stages and open fairing for the command module

I'll also rebuild 10231 so they can sit as a pair

Megasoum

Banned
The official shop has free shipping
The Price is actually not terrible
My birthday is June 5th
I'm off work the second week of June (E3 Week)

There is a God...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom