• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

best chocolate bar?

Jacob

I mean, the best chocolate bar in the world is probably something I've never had, because I've only tried a relatively limited number of different chocolate bars. That said...

My favorite is regular Lindt Excellence 70% dark Chocolate. Or Lindt 85%. 85% is probably too much for most people and I like it best with som coffee.

u5JV448.png

...Lindt 70% would probably be my pick for personal favorite chocolate bar too. Great choice. The 85-90% ones are good too but 65-70% is my favorite.

undrtakr900

Jyrii

Banned
Fazer blue. Just normal milk chocolate, but it is sooo good. There are other variants, but I still like the plain version the most.

Karl_Fazer_Sininen_200g_JPG.jpg

Your lord and saviour Twirl bar there is missing it's outer layer of chocolate. How unfortunate.

(As it happens, whilst I do appreciate other forms of chocolate I do have a soft spot for the milkyness of standard recipe Cadbury Diary Milk chocolate)

I can't really get into Lindt, and Dark Chocolate just doesn't agree with my tastebuds.

J4g3r

I've been using different varieties of chocolate from Valrhona at work for years and have yet to come across anything that compares to what they do.

I would suggest checking out their website and ordering a couple of the tasting bars that they do. It's mindblowing how different chocolate can taste depending on it's source.

https://www.valrhona-chocolate.com/tasting-bars.html?

I always liked Cadbury, Lindt and Moser-Roth whenever I shop at Aldi.

I'm more than a bit dubious of Hershey's, I've never tried it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Never really liked bars. Prefer the individual pieces with various things inside. The godiva ones in particular are awesome.

oti

Banned
My favorite used to be hershey's cookie and cream but lord this is like that going super saiyan

416ZgFlQi7L.jpg

You need to go mega super saiyan or whatever that's called in Dragon Ball.

Milka_Oreo_300g_Chocolate.jpg

Regular chocolate bars:

47895_large.png

You monster.

milka-peanut-caramel-276g.jpg

+ everything Lindt and Moser Roth.

I love the peanut one too! And moser Roth is always great.

But seriously, Lakritz in chocolate? How can you live with yourself?

velociraptor

I prefer 70% dark chocolate. 85% is just too bitter. It's like eating medicine.

Moser Roth 70% from Aldi is actually pretty fucking good.

As far as milk chocolate goes, Tolberone is a favorite of mine.

I find a lot of milk chocolate very sweet though. Sweet to the point where it gives me a tooth ache.

Fucking love Ritter Sport though

2117713351_e4e649fb31_b.jpg

mhayes86

I was recommended Whittaker's on GAF prior to my trip to New Zealand a few months ago. Though every chocolate bar of theirs I tried was excellent, this was my favorite.

nelson_pear_and_manuka_honey.jpg

mclem

These days I'll generally go for a Twirl, or occasionally a Wispa. However, since Cadbury's has been mentioned a lot already, I'll instead go for one that's apparently still available but is pretty damn hard to find, these days.

But also, let's just shed a brief tier for the finest bar that is no longer with us:

4H8is.jpg

Edit: Wait, I'm seeing stories that there was a poll about resurrecting it a while back? I wonder what happened with that.

Royce but Royce cheats because it needs to stay refridgerated, so it stays fresh. Pretty much on par with decent small local choc factory freshly made choc

SUPARSTARX

Came in here expecting chewy chocolate bars. Did not expect all these gourmet chocolate fanatics. lol

I like me some Lindt dark chocolate w/ice coffee on the side.

Hyoukokun

I like Taza chocolate (stone-ground Mexican style), though it's most commonly distributed in a disc shape, not bars. Really good for hot chocolate. Scharffen Berger is pretty solid too, or was before Hershey bought them. Not sure if they have kept the quality up.

I can't agree on the Lindt chocolate. It always tastes weirdly oily to me.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I used to live near the factory, the smell of chocolate when I was coming home every day was amazing.
dcOtg0u.jpg

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I don't know what this is, but I do know I want it.

It's an excuse to charge more for less chocolate. Don't fall for it.

Unless it's sticking out of an ice cream cone

scamander

Banned
You monster.

But seriously, Lakritz in chocolate? How can you live with yourself?

People like you are the reason I have to drive to Denmark to get licorice ice cream. :(

But seriously, it's an amazing combination, just like chocolate with chili or fleur de sel. Even, if you are not that fond of licorice you should give it a go. The licorice pieces are pretty small, so it's not overwhelming or anything. And I bought my first bar of that in Hamburg, so I even know for a fact, you can get it there. :D

I love that one. It's not about quality but about how much different sweet stuff you can fit into a single bar.

Lindt or Milka chocolate taste better in general but they lack this wunderbar sweetness overdose

I just love the combination of peanut butter, caramel and chocolate. For a long time it was basically the only candy bar with peanuts or peanut butter in it, you could get in Germany at all. Though to be honest, now that there's Milka peanut caramel (which tastes amazingly similar) I probably won't buy it as often, because it's so expansive by comparison. :/

Top Bottom