• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I would bring Renolock, Dragon Priest, Secret Mage, and Mill Rogue, though.

Don't play Wild, then. Tons of Priests, and there's lightning, dragonfire potion, excavated evil, holy Nova, and entomb to deal with. I actually want to make a deck that does nothing but clear the board and steal things until my opponent quits. I won't even include a win condition.

Well I play Wild quite a bit, but I think I've just been fortunate to not run into a bunch of Priests. I think I'm rank 7 at the moment and it's mostly Paladins, Warriors, and a Shaman every now and then.

And that deck you describe sounds absolutely fucking miserable. Actually I don't have a big problem with copious amounts of removal....it's all the card stealing (on and off the board) that drives me to madness.

Well I play Wild quite a bit, but I think I've just been fortunate to not run into a bunch of Priests. I think I'm rank 7 at the moment and it's mostly Paladins, Warriors, and a Shaman every now and then.

And that deck you describe sounds absolutely fucking miserable. Actually I don't have a big problem with copious amounts of removal....it's all the card stealing (on and off the board) that drives me to madness.

Reno N'Zoth Quest Priest is common, and it runs the deathrattle steal cards in my experience.

People tend to play control decks less toward the end of the month because they want to hit rank 5 and games are longer. Renolock probably destroys everything right now.

MLO

Can't seem to break rank 4 with my hunter. I just keep getting crushed by murloc and mid range paladin (even with the crab).

scarlet

My charge minion against the hunter's ungoro legendary. Which one attack 1st?

I assumed it was his so I didn't play king krush, but then I realized it supposed to be king krush 1st and it cost me a match :(

how many pirates are there at 3 and above? should i craft a second crawler for my hunter there? i don't haven't seen the need yet but i wonder if alot get played for pushing at end of month

shit that class is so annoying i almost might as well tech my black knight in instead lol, annoying as shit that both those types are so common and smart pirates dont touch first card

tolvir warden really helps me in the hunter mirror match. i also find it amusing that lots of hunters don't use tracking, that is one of the best spells ever made for any deck that uses drops higher than 3 esp without other draws

Jyn0IFm.png

spoon!

My charge minion against the hunter's ungoro legendary. Which one attack 1st?

I assumed it was his so I didn't play king krush, but then I realized it supposed to be king krush 1st and it cost me a match :(
Dredd attacks before king krush. Unless you're talking about King mosh, which procs before dredd's effect.

Quest rogue is bullshit and will be nerfed. Minimally, the spell should not change all existing minions on the board to 5/5. It's very frustrating because if they draw the right cards you are fucked. There's nothing that can be done and you can't stop them, no matter what you have in your hand.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Quest rogue is bullshit and will be nerfed. Minimally, the spell should not change all existing minions on the board to 5/5. It's very frustrating because if they draw the right cards you are fucked. There's nothing that can be done and you can't stop them, no matter what you have in your hand.

It's unlikely to get nerfed. It's not even that good. Just annoying to play against.

Jrmint

Made it to Rank 5, feels great! I had 2 wins today in a row needed to get there, but I had ladder apprehension (do you guys get that?) Nevertheless I got them!
Murloc Paladin is stupid good!

Overall record for the month 109-91 (across all decks).

Zakalwe

Banned
Forever 5. ;_;

I hit r4 for the first time ever though! So I'm happy with that for this season. I just hope the decks I've invested in (broken down wild stuff) let me build something that works in the new season.

Urgh I got within 2 stars from legend a week ago, fell all the way back to rank 3 and lost any will to go for it again after two days of being stuck between 3 and 2.

I've had that happen to me at r5 and that's bad enough, but that's really harsh. I think the pressure is partly why I can't bring myself to push much higher than where I am. Before 5 a losing streak isn't as painful because of the win bonus. I fell from r5 2 stars to 5 0 and I just couldn't bring myself to try to climb again.

Have you hit legend before? If not it's clear you can make it if you keep it up.

It's unlikely to get nerfed. It's not even that good. Just annoying to play against.

The Blizzard forums are ~50% posts complaining about Quest Rogue.

Blizzard

Banned
The Blizzard forums are ~50% posts complaining about Quest Rogue.
I understand it's sometimes annoying, but they win relatively rarely and there were relatively few of them on the ladder at ranks 15-10 as far as I remember.

Has Blizzard nerfed low winrate decks before purely because people complained?

I've had that happen to me at r5 and that's bad enough, but that's really harsh. I think the pressure is partly why I can't bring myself to push much higher than where I am. Before 5 a losing streak isn't as painful because of the win bonus. I fell from r5 2 stars to 5 0 and I just couldn't bring myself to try to climb again.

Have you hit legend before? If not it's clear you can make it if you keep it up.
Tried a couple times but dropped it quickly when things stalled, was the first time I made a real push.

They didn't even nerf UT hunter for a while because they don't nerf based on a vocal playerbase demanding it. I think the only arguable exception is yogg due to how much it had taken over the competitive scene turning it sour.

I would count Freeze Mage as a "low" win rate deck that got nerfed with the Ice Lance move to Wild.

I would then count all the bad decks that ran ragnaros nerfed because rag got moved to wild.
kappa

Cat Party

Overall win rate is just one factor in the nerfing analysis. Decks that may only win 50% the time but piss off opposing players 100% of the time should be annihilated. That is generally the case with the zero interaction decks like Quest Rogue and Freeze Mage. And win rate is misleading because when a deck becomes popular, bad players start playing it and drive the rate down.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If pirate warrior is running Loatheb and Grom in wild it is a bot 100% of the time. It is really weird.

There are usually other weird inclusions too like Rag or something stupid.

I played a Dragon Priest bot in Wild.

How did I know it was a bot? It continued to play dragons without an activator every single turn even though it continued to top deck them, even in the late game where it didn't make sense.

I would then count all the bad decks that ran ragnaros nerfed because rag got moved to wild.
kappa
Like 90% of my decks run Ragnaros. He's just so cool. :-X

manhack

If quest rogue isn't a great deck, then what is the harm in "nerfing" it? I haven't been happy to see it unless I was playing an aggro deck and that isn't often. Otherwise it feels really bad to play against.

Considering they didn't change Jade Idol I wouldn't expect quest rogue to get changed unless someone creates a super OP version of it.

IceMarker

Personally I just hate "solitaire" decks. I don't care about how strong certain combo, aggro, mid-range, or control decks as long as they have some level of "interactivity". I fucking hate decks where the opponent is playing practically their own version of the game while you sit there and find a way to avoid it with very limited and random interaction. Quest Rogue is a strong example of Hearthstone Solitaire and I will despise it no matter what it's winrate is until Blizzard either nerfs it or prints a card with clear counter-play against it.

Imagine if we had Loatheb in Standard.

Having the worst luck in Arena. Shimmering Elemental, Primordial Glyph, Cabalist's Tome, no AoE at all. Opponent uses Hallucination, they get Flamestrike.

Play aggressive? Opponent drops big threat after big threat.

Play slow? Opponent floods, I never get AoE.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The climb to 5 at the end of the season has been realllly long. Not in terms of games, but time. I am dumb and chose to play Quest Warrior, and it was fine most of the time, but every time you hit that mirror or the occasional priest game you better settle in for a LOOOONG game. Nothing wrong with that but man this deck got way more popular recently or something. TONS of mirrors recently in the 9-5 range.

KuroNeeko

The climb to 5 at the end of the season has been realllly long. Not in terms of games, but time. I am dumb and chose to play Quest Warrior, and it was fine most of the time, but every time you hit that mirror or the occasional priest game you better settle in for a LOOOONG game. Nothing wrong with that but man this deck got way more popular recently or something. TONS of mirrors recently in the 9-5 range.

Yeah, as a Priest, I was starting to hope for Pirate Warrior over quest just because of how long and draining the games were. Games got faster when I switched to Dragon Priest though.

scarlet

Can't wait to dust my golden epic from reward and craft Lyra and 2 SV.

Time to save all those golds for next expansion.

Raxus

Did my first Fireside Gathering today. Was really fun. Went 5-4 and got a neat necklace out of the deal.

Miracle Rogue was my workhorse for the day but I wish I came with a stronger answer to murloc paladin. I adjusted my druid deck but I need that extra oomph to push it over the edge.

Somehow Quest Rogue is the only deck I'm enjoying right now. Any form of paladin, usually my favourite class, is kinda boring and targeted af and I'm really not in the mood for PW or the new miracle rogue.

Overall not particularly happy with this expansion.

Yeah, as a Priest, I was starting to hope for Pirate Warrior over quest just because of how long and draining the games were. Games got faster when I switched to Dragon Priest though.
Do you happen to have a Decklist for Dragon Priest right now? I'm running Dragon Priest and having a decent win rate (I haven't tracked it though, but I'd say 60%? I've gone up from 18-13 since changing to my current list over Taunt Warrior)

Pooya

Paladin is well rounded and solid overall but I think mage is the best deck. PsyGuenter deck is really good against everything. The deck just won dreamhack too.

I don't want to run eater of secrets damnit.

Top Bottom