• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
LFG is fuckin shit.I've sent invites and messages and got no feedback from teams that need few people..its like they're just there to troll..anyways anyone know any other site to join raid groups?

I'm trying to get a Crota raid going on ps4 in a little bit, need probably 2. Most of the people with me have not done Crota before and we are pretty chill. If this sounds like it's for you, shoot a message to me-Helmster on psn.

Novocaine

Did VoG for the first time earlier today. I can see why people insist that the raids are the best part of the game, gave me similar vibes to beating raids in WoW. Thanks CrudeDiatribe and crew for being patient with a new guy.

I just realized that the old Vanguard titan armor set Spearhead did not come back, just its reskin relative, the Commando set.

Damn, I miss that old default color.

maxresdefault.jpg

EL CUCO

Why new? It's always been amazing.
Back in the days I used the BBQ set up (viking Funeral & Touch of Flame w/ Firebolts). After the nerf I switched to Stormcaller, but Sunsinger with VV chest is like spawning in with a Rocket each time 😂

I'm talking PVP

Detective

Just did my first raid. Wrath of machines, what a great experience. I didn't know what to do, some randoms helped me explaining through the raid. It was amazing.

Am 390 light and didn't get anything, everything I got was 385 :(

Just did my first raid. Wrath of machines, what a great experience. I didn't know what to do, some randoms helped me explaining through the raid. It was amazing.

Am 390 light and didn't get anything, everything I got was 385 :(
That's not true. You got a great experience and some awesome weapons to infuse: )

Li Kao

Is the population still active in this game ? Having missed the train on it I could see myself playing it before the second one.

Deku Tree

Is the population still active in this game ? Having missed the train on it I could see myself playing it before the second one.

People still play. It's much less than when new content is released but if you know where to look it is easy to find group.

Oh yeah, that's right :)

The people who played with me got exotic though, not me :( I guess it's luck thing .

What to recommend to reach 400 without raid?
At 390 you are good for hm raids. Which will get you to 400. But also ranking up factions, archon forge, Skeleton key chests. Lots of things.

Oh yeah, that's right :)

The people who played with me got exotic though, not me :( I guess it's luck thing .

What to recommend to reach 400 without raid?

You should try to run Vault of Glass, Crota's End, and King's Fall. (All 390LL) They are really fun raids too. They can drop up to 400LL loot. If you don't want to run them, You can level up your factions, Vanguard, and Crucible. They give you drops every rank up, up to 400LL. Crucible has a chance of dropping up to 400LL. Strike chests (at end of strike, requires Skeleton Key) drop guaranteed loot up to 400LL. Night Fall has up to 400LL. Iron Banner, when it's available has drops and guaranteed loot (up to 400 LL) you can buy via in game currency.

Clunker

Did VoG for the first time earlier today. I can see why people insist that the raids are the best part of the game, gave me similar vibes to beating raids in WoW. Thanks CrudeDiatribe and crew for being patient with a new guy.
Glad you enjoyed it (I'm Holden btw). Though nothing really compares to running a raid for the first time when you're an appropriate level ... it's a thing I was only ever really able to do with Wrath of the Machine when it launched. Went it blind with a crew and we figured out most of it in a 4-hour bender, and the sense of discovery is awesome.

If you want to run any of the other ones and I'm around, throw me a msg!

lovelyperson

Neo Member
Anyone up for VoG today or tomorrow? Two out of six slots are taken, we've done VoG exactly once for Y1, so we don't remember the mechanics really well. I need some chill people who don't mind slowing down because I'm hearing impaired and thus can't really do voice chat. My SO will however be on mic.

We're both above LL390, he's a Titan Striker/Defender. I'm a Hunter Nightstalker, but can run the other two classes (including Celestial Nighthawk GG) if needed.

We can't actually do it until the microphone adapter arrives, no later than 12 PM EDT (or 4 PM UTC) today.

Kyoufu

Back in the days I used the BBQ set up (viking Funeral & Touch of Flame w/ Firebolts). After the nerf I switched to Stormcaller, but Sunsinger with VV chest is like spawning in with a Rocket each time 😂

I'm talking PVP

Fusion grenades are life.

3v1, stuck the guy flanking me with the nade and healed to full thanks to cauterize, then sniped the other two l o l

TwMJr6b.gif

Quick Q
If I have ps+ can I party with non ps+? My family member picked up destiny but they don't have ps+

If they don't have plus, I'm not sure they can play at all. The whole thing is online and I don't think Destiny is one of the games that has online play free.

Novocaine

Glad you enjoyed it (I'm Holden btw). Though nothing really compares to running a raid for the first time when you're an appropriate level ... it's a thing I was only ever really able to do with Wrath of the Machine when it launched. Went it blind with a crew and we figured out most of it in a 4-hour bender, and the sense of discovery is awesome.

If you want to run any of the other ones and I'm around, throw me a msg!

Oh hey. I wasn't sure if anybody else in the group was on GAF or not. Yeah it was great, I'm hoping to run through all of them at 390 at some point so I'll always be down if I'm on and the group doesn't mind helping a new guy through it.

Jumping into the game as late as I did the sense of discovery is pretty much nonexistent but I'll get it with Destiny 2 for sure.

Detective

You should try to run Vault of Glass, Crota's End, and King's Fall. (All 390LL) They are really fun raids too. They can drop up to 400LL loot. If you don't want to run them, You can level up your factions, Vanguard, and Crucible. They give you drops every rank up, up to 400LL. Crucible has a chance of dropping up to 400LL. Strike chests (at end of strike, requires Skeleton Key) drop guaranteed loot up to 400LL. Night Fall has up to 400LL. Iron Banner, when it's available has drops and guaranteed loot (up to 400 LL) you can buy via in game currency.

I would love to do raids but I don't know how to and does not have any who could do it with me :(

Valuable information bro, much appreciated:)

If they don't have plus, I'm not sure they can play at all. The whole thing is online and I don't think Destiny is one of the games that has online play free.
Actually they can still play Destiny. But nothing that includes Multiplayer (Strikes, PVP, Raids, etc).

I had my Plus lapse on me last year and I was still able to do missions and patrol. But I could not play with anyone. And as we all know, Destiny != solo experience.

I would love to do raids but I don't know how to and does not have any who could do it with me :(

Valuable information bro, much appreciated:)

Seriously, it can't be stated enough, go here...

https://www.the100.io

...as there are many games (Raids) there to join daily/weekly where beginners are welcome and help/explanation is provided.

I've ran a slew of Raids over the last couple of weeks that had multiple players participating in their first raid ever and doing the Challenge Modes.

Top Bottom