• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

AlexFlame116
Member
(09-08-2017, 08:06 PM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar
I'm surprised that Skyrim still has no date.

Originally Posted by TheMoon

Yea right, what a scam that Platinum membership was. You'll hear from my lawyer.

All right that's it! First your failure of a heist strips me of my Platinum and now you do this?!
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-08-2017, 08:12 PM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

I'm surprised that Skyrim still has no date.

All right that's it! First your failure of a heist strips me of my Platinum and now you do this?!

The only way to solve this is giving us both GAF Gold lifetime access.
Cornbread78
(09-08-2017, 08:49 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMoon

The only way to solve this is giving us both GAF Gold lifetime access.

But Alex is already a GAF Gold member...
luulubuu
Member
(09-08-2017, 09:29 PM)
luulubuu's Avatar
I have almost 10 OTs for the rest of the year, do I get Galf gold after that.
Quick
(09-09-2017, 12:12 AM)
10 OTs for the rest of the year is nuts.
Dandy Crocodile
Member
(09-09-2017, 12:14 AM)
Dandy Crocodile's Avatar

Originally Posted by luulubuu

I have almost 10 OTs for the rest of the year, do I get Galf gold after that.

You get burnout. :P
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-09-2017, 12:21 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

But Alex is already a GAF Gold member...

cj_iwakura
Member
(09-09-2017, 12:34 AM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar
I had a weird thought today, what if we had an OT award(s) thread or something like that? Too self-indulgent?
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-09-2017, 12:39 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

I had a weird thought today, what if we had an OT award(s) thread or something like that? Too self-indulgent?

Too self-indulgent.

I say this mostly because I fired off my best OTs in 2015.
Quick
(09-09-2017, 02:40 AM)
Definitely too self-indulgent.

On top of that, just too many OTs on both Gaming and Off-Topic to run through.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-09-2017, 08:59 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quick

Definitely too self-indulgent.

On top of that, just too many OTs on both Gaming and Off-Topic to run through.

nevermind that those with the fanciest graphics work would win by default, no matter how "good" they actually are.
luulubuu
Member
(09-09-2017, 02:17 PM)
luulubuu's Avatar
Stranger Things 2 by luulubuu (9 of September, 2017)
Release Date: October 27, 2017



Originally Posted by Dandy Crocodile

You get burnout. :P

I'm learning how to use proper tools by making them, so it's a win win situation
Last edited by luulubuu; 09-10-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(09-09-2017, 05:16 PM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by luulubuu

I'm learning how to use proper tools by making them, so it's a win win situation

You're insane home slice.

I can barely get to writing something decent for ONE OT.
cj_iwakura
Member
(09-09-2017, 09:00 PM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMoon

nevermind that those with the fanciest graphics work would win by default, no matter how "good" they actually are.

That's why I would have added categories. Personally, I'm not that impressed by graphics, I'm impressed by creativity.
Quick
(09-09-2017, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

You're insane home slice.

I can barely get to writing something decent for ONE OT.

Same.
AlexFlame116
Member
(09-09-2017, 09:39 PM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar
I've only made 2.5 OTs and each of them have been cringy as heck.

Also they kind of suck too.
Last edited by AlexFlame116; 09-09-2017 at 10:14 PM.
luulubuu
Member
(09-09-2017, 10:03 PM)
luulubuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

You're insane home slice.

I can barely get to writing something decent for ONE OT.

Originally Posted by Quick

Same.

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

I've only made 2.5 OTs and each of them have been cringy as heck.

Also the kind of suck too.

You are all talking like mine are good and not cringy
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-09-2017, 10:37 PM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

I've only made 2.5 OTs and each of them have been cringy as heck.

Also they kind of suck too.

shut up, your starcraft OT was good.
Plum
Member
(09-10-2017, 01:23 AM)
Plum's Avatar
Hey, is anyone able/willing to check on my Steamworld Dig 2 OT and comment on it? I'm not expecting to make any major changes, but I'd like to have some feedback before I publish it on the 20th.
luulubuu
Member
(09-10-2017, 01:28 AM)
luulubuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plum

Hey, is anyone able/willing to check on my Steamworld Dig 2 OT and comment on it? I'm not expecting to make any major changes, but I'd like to have some feedback before I publish it on the 20th.

Plum me up
Plum
Member
(09-10-2017, 01:31 AM)
Plum's Avatar

Originally Posted by luulubuu

Plum me up

Cool, thanks! I'll PM you with what I've got so far. I'm assuming you can just quote it or something and preview it as a new thread.
Plum
Member
(09-10-2017, 03:07 AM)
Plum's Avatar
L.A. Noire Current Gen by Plum (10th September 2017)
Release Date: November 14th 2017

Unsure what to call these versions, especially with the Vive VR release (should that have a seperate OT?). Any ideas? Because "Current Gen" is not what I want to go for.
Last edited by Plum; 09-10-2017 at 03:14 AM.
AlexFlame116
Member
(09-10-2017, 03:39 AM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plum

L.A. Noire Current Gen by Plum (10th September 2017)
Release Date: November 14th 2017

Unsure what to call these versions, especially with the Vive VR release (should that have a seperate OT?). Any ideas? Because "Current Gen" is not what I want to go for.

How about "Upgraded" or "Expanded"? Cause if we're taking all three versions into consideration then I don't think "Remastered" works since the VR versions are select missions and the Switch version is a portable. Or even "the Collection".
luulubuu
Member
(09-10-2017, 03:43 AM)
luulubuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

How about "Upgraded" or "Expanded"? Cause if we're taking all three versions into consideration then I don't think "Remastered" works since the VR versions are select missions and the Switch version is a portable. Or even "the Collection".

What about a FINAL VERDICT
Plum
Member
(09-10-2017, 04:01 AM)
Plum's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

How about "Upgraded" or "Expanded"? Cause if we're taking all three versions into consideration then I don't think "Remastered" works since the VR versions are select missions and the Switch version is a portable. Or even "the Collection".

Originally Posted by luulubuu

What about a FINAL VERDICT

How about just "L.A. Noire 2017"? Good ideas, though.
Last edited by Plum; 09-10-2017 at 04:03 AM.
luulubuu
Member
(09-10-2017, 04:04 AM)
luulubuu's Avatar
Kamen Rider Climax Fighters by luulubuu (9 of September, 2017)
Release Date: December 7, 2017

Originally Posted by Plum

How about just "L.A. Noire 2017"?

L.A. Noire R |OT| Doubt inside and outside
AlexFlame116
Member
(09-10-2017, 04:47 AM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plum

How about just "L.A. Noire 2017"? Good ideas, though.

SUPER L.A. NOIRE 2017 ARCADE EDITION EX+!
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-10-2017, 10:22 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plum

L.A. Noire Current Gen by Plum (10th September 2017)
Release Date: November 14th 2017

Unsure what to call these versions, especially with the Vive VR release (should that have a seperate OT?). Any ideas? Because "Current Gen" is not what I want to go for.

Just L.A. Noire.
the creation date makes it obvious what it is. If you must separate it with a subtitle, why not just go with what everyone else uses for a remaster (which is what this is on ps4/x1) and called it Remastered.

I was gonna claim it earlier since nobody seemed to want to jump on it and I would have just called it simply by its name.

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

SUPER L.A. NOIRE 2017 ARCADE EDITION EX+!

You're why we can't have nice things. :P

(glad someone does my job while I'm asleep)
dc89
Member
(09-10-2017, 02:56 PM)
dc89's Avatar
Are we going to have a Pokemon Gold & Silver OT for the 3DS release?
AlexFlame116
Member
(09-10-2017, 03:28 PM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar

Originally Posted by dc89

Are we going to have a Pokemon Gold & Silver OT for the 3DS release?

Oh I didn't think of that one! That would be real swell! Are you working on it or do you want someone else to?
Plum
Member
(09-10-2017, 03:32 PM)
Plum's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMoon

Just L.A. Noire.
the creation date makes it obvious what it is. If you must separate it with a subtitle, why not just go with what everyone else uses for a remaster (which is what this is on ps4/x1) and called it Remastered.

I was gonna claim it earlier since nobody seemed to want to jump on it and I would have just called it simply by its name.

Yeah that's what I'll do. Got an idea I haven't seen done in an OT before, should be quite fun if done correctly.
luulubuu
Member
(09-10-2017, 05:08 PM)
luulubuu's Avatar
Metal Gear Survive is claimed but it was claimed last year, does it still count?
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-10-2017, 05:16 PM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by luulubuu

Metal Gear Survive is claimed but it was claimed last year, does it still count?

we would have had to make a stink about it then, can't really account for delays. you can always DM for a collab or takeover proposal.
Cornbread78
(09-10-2017, 05:29 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar
More guys making OTs is a good thing in here! That neand less I have to rush and make on tbe Monday morning of launch, lol
Quick
(09-10-2017, 05:29 PM)
Is there even a date for Metal Gear Survive?

I was under the impression that we need exact dates before claiming OTs in the first place.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-10-2017, 06:17 PM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quick

Is there even a date for Metal Gear Survive?

I was under the impression that we need exact dates before claiming OTs in the first place.

it should be certain to release within a year from when the claim is made. you don't need exact dates.

If a game is announced as "coming next year" at E3, you can't claim it because it could come out in December, that's too far. And is likely to get pushed. Generally, it's fine if you then go claim it come January. Chances are it's been narrowed down a bit by then.
Zeta Oni
Member
(09-10-2017, 10:55 PM)
Zeta Oni's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quick

Is there even a date for Metal Gear Survive?

I was under the impression that we need exact dates before claiming OTs in the first place.

At the time it was claimed, the release date was within the year mark (early 2017, I claimed it in September 2016), which is what I've come to understand is the main limitation in making a claim.

It was later delayed to its current generic 2018 date, but I've kept up to date working on it.

Edit: looking more in to it, it was revealed with a generic "2017" release date rather than "early 2017", a mistake on my part.
Last edited by Zeta Oni; 09-10-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Marvie_3
(09-11-2017, 01:47 AM)
Marvie_3's Avatar
I guess I'll claim this since nobody else is.

NHL 18 by Marvie_3 (September 10, 2017)
luulubuu
Member
(09-12-2017, 11:12 AM)
luulubuu's Avatar
Pokemon Gold and Silver 3DS by luulubuu (12 of September, 2017)
Release Date: 22 of September, 2017



is okay to make Yakuza Kiwami 2 JP OT?
Last edited by luulubuu; 09-12-2017 at 11:16 AM.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-12-2017, 11:13 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by luulubuu

Pokemon Gold and Silver 3DS by luulubuu (12 of September, 2017)
Release Date: 22 of September, 2017



is okay to make Yakuza Kiwami 2 JP OT?

import OTs are always okay
luulubuu
Member
(09-12-2017, 11:17 AM)
luulubuu's Avatar
Yakuza Kiwami 2 JP by luulubuu (12 of September, 2017)
Release Date: December 7, 2017

Okami HD by luulubuu (12 of September, 2017)
Release Date: December 12, 2017

And this is the last one, god damn it.
Last edited by luulubuu; 09-12-2017 at 04:09 PM.
More_Badass
My indie-sense is tingling
(09-12-2017, 10:33 PM)
More_Badass's Avatar
Heat Signature by More_Badass (September 12th, 2017)
Releases 9/21
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(09-12-2017, 11:42 PM)
TheMoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by luulubuu

And this is the last one, god damn it.

liar liar pants on fire
Zeta Oni
Member
(09-13-2017, 02:08 AM)
Zeta Oni's Avatar
Black Desert (Xbox One) by Zeta Oni (September 12th, 2017)

Release Date: Early 2018
Stumpokapow
listen to the mad man
(09-13-2017, 10:53 AM)
Stumpokapow's Avatar
I'll be doing the Cook, Serve, Delicious 2!! OT I claimed last year 1-2 days late.

Up today:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1433888
Last edited by Stumpokapow; 09-16-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Wozman23
Member
(09-14-2017, 07:19 PM)
Wozman23's Avatar
Hob by Wozman23 (14th Sept 2017)

Release Date: Sept 26
SG-17
Junior Member
(09-15-2017, 12:25 AM)
SG-17's Avatar
Question. For EA games should OTs go live with the EA Access preview or on the actual launch date?
Cornbread78
(09-15-2017, 12:39 AM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

Question. For EA games should OTs go live with the EA Access preview or on the actual launch date?

Upon earliest release. Meaning, if people can play it via early access, the OT should be posted then
AlexFlame116
Member
(09-15-2017, 12:44 AM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar
I wanna do the OT for Doom on Switch but I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to ham it up.

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

But Alex is already a GAF Gold member...

Checkmate boys!

and everyone else too!
SG-17
Junior Member
(09-15-2017, 12:44 AM)
SG-17's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Upon earliest release. Meaning, if people can play it via early access, the OT should be posted then

Even if the thread creator won't have access until the actual launch?

Thread Tools