• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Zippedpinhead
Member
(09-13-2017, 12:36 PM)
Zippedpinhead's Avatar
If the raid summon offers trust moogles for the XI characters, then I will likely pull daily.

If it doesn't I'm likely going to just hold off. It's likely I could finish my 1 shantotto and maybe get another shantotto TM through raid coins. That seems consistent with how nier went (though not nearly as good as either of the other raids).
Celegus
Member
(09-13-2017, 12:51 PM)
Celegus's Avatar
Never really bothered reading up on him but Merc Ramza seems pretty terrible, other than the TM.
Rixa
Member
(09-13-2017, 01:07 PM)
Rixa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zippedpinhead

If the raid summon offers trust moogles for the XI characters, then I will likely pull daily.

If it doesn't I'm likely going to just hold off. It's likely I could finish my 1 shantotto and maybe get another shantotto TM through raid coins. That seems consistent with how nier went (though not nearly as good as either of the other raids).

Quick looked from Reddit and JP players said they didn't have moogles. But you know 2 different games blah blah yadah yadah :P.
Zippedpinhead
Member
(09-13-2017, 01:11 PM)
Zippedpinhead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rixa

Quick looked from Reddit and JP players said they didn't have moogles. But you know 2 different games blah blah yadah yadah :P.

Yep not pulling themn, I get XI characters when I pull for things I want then
INDIGO_CYCLOPS
Banned
(09-13-2017, 01:32 PM)
INDIGO_CYCLOPS's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

I'm looking forward to the raid purely for Gil purposes.

Expeditions have ruined me.

Definitely, I really need more Gil myself!
vato_loco
Member
(09-13-2017, 01:34 PM)
vato_loco's Avatar
I have an extremely noob question. What does the Gaf Playbook mean when it says to pull for banners, not for units? What's a banner?

The guide says not to spend lapis on ANYTHING, not even 10+1 pulls, but it never specifies why I'm supposed to keep them.

Also I tried adding like 20 of you guys to my friend list and you're all full. My ID is 999 056 301.
crazyivan19
Member
(09-13-2017, 01:45 PM)
crazyivan19's Avatar

Originally Posted by vato_loco

I have an extremely noob question. What does the Gaf Playbook mean when it says to pull for banners, not for units? What's a banner?

The guide says not to spend lapis on ANYTHING, not even 10+1 pulls, but it never specifies why I'm supposed to keep them.

Also I tried adding like 20 of you guys to my friend list and you're all full. My ID is 999 056 301.

Hey there, and welcome aboard.

A "banner" is the current selection of units that get an increased rate of pull from the summon gacha. As an example, the current "Developer's Choice" banner is for Gilgamesh, Abel, and Chizuru.

When the guide says to pull for banners and not for units, it means you should try and hold off from chasing one particular unit on a banner as it can be very costly to do so, especially if the one you are looking for is a 5* base (otherwise known as rainbows). They have a VERY low rate of getting pulled, even when their rates are increased due to being on the current banner.

So instead, wait until there is a banner that has more than one unit that is worth pulling for. There are even some banners in which EVERY unit available is worth pulling for, and that is ideally when you want to go "all-in" with your tickets and lapis.

As for your question regarding lapis... I'm not actually sure what the guide is getting at. I would say there are better uses for lapis than others, but please feel free to spend as you want to. "Smart" uses of lapis are generally to increase slots (as they are a relatively cheap, permanent benefit) and for daily pulls, especially when you are starting. Not so smart uses I guess would include some of the bundles (e.g. specific banner unit 2,500 enhancement bundles) and full price pulls (500 lapis). You will get upgrade materials and tickets aplenty by just playing, so holding off on those is recommended.

Oh, and I tried to add you as a friend, but it says you are full. (You are Griever, yes?) And if you want a GAF based friend list, make sure to add GAF to your player quote.
Niahak
Member
(09-13-2017, 02:22 PM)
Niahak's Avatar

Originally Posted by vato_loco

I have an extremely noob question. What does the Gaf Playbook mean when it says to pull for banners, not for units? What's a banner?

The guide says not to spend lapis on ANYTHING, not even 10+1 pulls, but it never specifies why I'm supposed to keep them.

Also I tried adding like 20 of you guys to my friend list and you're all full. My ID is 999 056 301.

Got space now. 737,150,495. My shared OK isn't as beefy as some but should be able to get you through PRO.

I usually spend lapis on dailies and slot expansion. Early on friend slot expansion is a big help. Unit and equipment probably come next. Playbook is probably advocating hoarding for the "rainbow rate change", but nobody knows when it'll happen.

It's good to have at least some lapis on hand for when some really good bundles come up (e.g. 2 tickets for 300 lapis), but those are really rare.
Xion86
Member
(09-13-2017, 02:23 PM)
Xion86's Avatar

Originally Posted by vato_loco

I have an extremely noob question. What does the Gaf Playbook mean when it says to pull for banners, not for units? What's a banner?

The guide says not to spend lapis on ANYTHING, not even 10+1 pulls, but it never specifies why I'm supposed to keep them.

Also I tried adding like 20 of you guys to my friend list and you're all full. My ID is 999 056 301.

Welcome! Seems like you are full but when you get room feel free to add me:
518, 334, 204
vato_loco
Member
(09-13-2017, 02:24 PM)
vato_loco's Avatar

Originally Posted by crazyivan19

Hey there, and welcome aboard.

A "banner" is the current selection of units that get an increased rate of pull from the summon gacha. As an example, the current "Developer's Choice" banner is for Gilgamesh, Abel, and Chizuru.

When the guide says to pull for banners and not for units, it means you should try and hold off from chasing one particular unit on a banner as it can be very costly to do so, especially if the one you are looking for is a 5* base (otherwise known as rainbows). They have a VERY low rate of getting pulled, even when their rates are increased due to being on the current banner.

So instead, wait until there is a banner that has more than one unit that is worth pulling for. There are even some banners in which EVERY unit available is worth pulling for, and that is ideally when you want to go "all-in" with your tickets and lapis.

As for your question regarding lapis... I'm not actually sure what the guide is getting at. I would say there are better uses for lapis than others, but please feel free to spend as you want to. "Smart" uses of lapis are generally to increase slots (as they are a relatively cheap, permanent benefit) and for daily pulls, especially when you are starting. Not so smart uses I guess would include some of the bundles (e.g. specific banner unit 2,500 enhancement bundles) and full price pulls (500 lapis). You will get upgrade materials and tickets aplenty by just playing, so holding off on those is recommended.

Oh, and I tried to add you as a friend, but it says you are full. (You are Griever, yes?) And if you want a GAF based friend list, make sure to add GAF to your player quote.

Great explanation, thanks!

Try adding me again, I thought I had 100 slots for friends, I have no idea why, but I deleted a couple of people that don't seem to play the game anymore.

I guess I'll go and do that 11 pull now, then.

Originally Posted by Niahak

Got space now. 737,150,495. My shared OK isn't as beefy as some but should be able to get you through PRO.

I usually spend lapis on dailies and slot expansion. Early on friend slot expansion is a big help. Unit and equipment probably come next. Playbook is probably advocating hoarding for the "rainbow rate change", but nobody knows when it'll happen.

It's good to have at least some lapis on hand for when some really good bundles come up (e.g. 2 tickets for 300 lapis), but those are really rare.

Sent! I'm Griever. Makes sense to wait for those specials, but who knows when that'll happen, as you say.

Originally Posted by Xion86

Welcome! Seems like you are full but when you get room feel free to add me:
518, 334, 204

Sent!

Pulled 11. Got no 5* or 6*. Only 4* Ashe, 4* Refia and 4* Luka. I'm not really lucky at gacha pulls, though.

Only 5* I currently have is Ace.
crazyivan19
Member
(09-13-2017, 02:32 PM)
crazyivan19's Avatar

Originally Posted by vato_loco

Great explanation, thanks!

Try adding me again, I thought I had 100 slots for friends, I have no idea why, but I deleted a couple of people that don't seem to play the game anymore.

I guess I'll go and do that 11 pull now, then.

I sent you a friend request. I'm sharing A2 right now, but please feel free to request someone different if you need something specific. We tend to try and accommodate around here.

Good luck with your 11 pull!
shintoki
sparkle this bitch
(09-13-2017, 02:44 PM)
shintoki's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rixa

These things have affected me too. At the moment, I don't have any crucial TM's I want to farm. So I stopped caring about nrg. I just let phone rest and game be, doing 5 Arena per day and daily q's and maybe some event running if I have time.

Basically taking BE very lightly as my standards.

I don't even do Arena anymore, sometimes just once for the Lapis and dailies I've been forgetting. Mainly just throwing up the TM macro.
DrROBschiz
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:07 PM)
DrROBschiz's Avatar
welp pretty easy skip banner

I dunno if im gonna grind this raid that hard but Im hoping for a bunch of gil turtles

at least it should be relatively mindless


I dunno guys Im starting the burn out on this game as well. Plus I have Destiny 2 and Monster Hunter world in my future

Gumi better be thinking about how to make this more fun and less time consuming
vato_loco
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:09 PM)
vato_loco's Avatar

Originally Posted by crazyivan19

I sent you a friend request. I'm sharing A2 right now, but please feel free to request someone different if you need something specific. We tend to try and accommodate around here.

Good luck with your 11 pull!

Are you even serious? I just started and you're sharing a 1100 ATK character. And a Nier Automata character to boot. Thank you so, so very much.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS
Banned
(09-13-2017, 03:13 PM)
INDIGO_CYCLOPS's Avatar

Originally Posted by vato_loco

I have an extremely noob question. What does the Gaf Playbook mean when it says to pull for banners, not for units? What's a banner?

The guide says not to spend lapis on ANYTHING, not even 10+1 pulls, but it never specifies why I'm supposed to keep them.

Also I tried adding like 20 of you guys to my friend list and you're all full. My ID is 999 056 301.

Was going to add you but your list is full!

Add me when ya can, 715235198
Rixa
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:19 PM)
Rixa's Avatar

Originally Posted by vato_loco

Are you even serious? I just started and you're sharing a 1100 ATK character. And a Nier Automata character to boot. Thank you so, so very much.

Originally Posted by INDIGO_CYCLOPS

Was going to add you but your list is full!

Add me when ya can, 715235198

Yeah when you have free space on your friend list (you could use like 200 lapis for friend spaces or so, 130 spaces is max btw).

Toss me a friend request 147,899,569
RixGAF / Ace as leader.
evangd007
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:27 PM)
evangd007's Avatar

Originally Posted by shintoki

It will be announced tomorrow

And this thread as slowed down tremedously since Nier

Nier was the perfect storm of limited pull, popular, powerful units. We've had 2/3 several times before. Tilith was powerful and limited, but from BF. Orlandu was popular and powerful, but not limited. This caused a pulling hysteria never seen before. As a side effect, however, the sheer number of pulls also exposed how truly bad the gacha rates are.

Another issue is the immense lack of value of missed pulls. 80% of the pulls you make are 3*, and of those the vast majority of units are terrible and have terrible TMRs. You might luck out and get Cecil or Zidane or Ludmille, but most of the time you're looking at the likes of Lani, Bedile, Shadow, and Fran, and it's hard to get excited about 5% towards a Throw materia. I wish you could use 3* bases as 1% moogles for any other 3* base.
Vashetti
Banned
(09-13-2017, 03:32 PM)
Nier really did kill our community huh.
Hippopuncher12
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:47 PM)
Hippopuncher12's Avatar
I really hope people going to the NY Fan Fest ask them some serious and hard questions. Someone should also mention that since they tout JPN and Global being different games give us a rate change to rainbows since it should have no relevance to when JPN got one.
vato_loco
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:54 PM)
vato_loco's Avatar

Originally Posted by INDIGO_CYCLOPS

Was going to add you but your list is full!

Add me when ya can, 715235198

Sent!

Originally Posted by Rixa

Yeah when you have free space on your friend list (you could use like 200 lapis for friend spaces or so, 130 spaces is max btw).

Toss me a friend request 147,899,569
RixGAF / Ace as leader.

Aaaand sent.

I couldn't find where to expand my friend slots...
Euphoria14
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:56 PM)
Euphoria14's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vashetti

Nier really did kill our community huh.

Yes it did.

It was bubbling up for a month or so prior as people began to realize what seemed like a change in the rates.

I personally began to notice it due to old units suddenly becoming more common again.

When the crystal change first occurred it seemed to cause many old useless units to become harder to pull, which at that time was a welcome to site. Less Bediles and Shadows for all.

It was as if Gumi saw their users experiencing better pull rates and thought "Hell no! Can't let it be easy, fuck those rates up" all because their data showed the whales will pay no matter what, and for a time it showed to be the case.

Hate to say it because I love this game, but I hope more people jump ship so Gumi is forced to reevaluate. As it stands now you better have good luck on your pulls or else you either won't have fun due to not having units good enough to win or will need to spend tons of cash with zero guarantee of getting anything worthwhile (See Valentus).

Spending damn near $700 without even a single rainbow to show for it is not acceptable. Hell, even spending $100 isn't acceptable. I don't like hearing the usual "that's Gacha" either because to me that's a total cop out. Nobody should be okay with that.


Well, that's it for me lol. It's just a shame because the game is good, really good. As usual though Gumi has to screw up a good thing.
tuffymon
Member
(09-13-2017, 03:57 PM)
Pruned my list, have 4 slots 622,464,324
Azuran
Banned
(09-13-2017, 03:59 PM)
Azuran's Avatar

Originally Posted by Niahak

Got space now. 737,150,495. My shared OK isn't as beefy as some but should be able to get you through PRO.

I also sent you a request since I didn't have you among my list.
NeoCross
Member
(09-13-2017, 04:21 PM)
NeoCross's Avatar
Sent some friend requests to y'all. My id is 980,883,382 and currently sharing OK!
Kouriozan
Member
(09-13-2017, 04:44 PM)
Kouriozan's Avatar
Will add everyone I can/don't have yet in a few min.
Man, seeing all those GAFer with "last played 15+ days" is sad
tuffymon
Member
(09-13-2017, 05:07 PM)
For the new people... make sure you have gaf in some way in your friend message. Some won't accept the invite until then, and if space is needed, those without are the first to go (and time).
vato_loco
Member
(09-13-2017, 05:19 PM)
vato_loco's Avatar

Originally Posted by tuffymon

For the new people... make sure you have gaf in some way in your friend message. Some won't accept the invite until then, and if space is needed, those without are the first to go (and time).

Good call. I think I got it right, I edited the message that appears when you go to Friends>Gifts.
Vashetti
Banned
(09-13-2017, 05:23 PM)
611,178,918

if anyone doesn't have me
robotuw
Member
(09-13-2017, 05:33 PM)
robotuw's Avatar
Well, there it is. FFXI finally, only like 3 months late. No global exclusive upgrades that I can see. If the raid banner gives moogles I might spend a few tickets for Weirei otherwise it's another hard pass. Shantotto's awakening is good news for the arena. She'll be a glass cannon that you can easily take out. She has no evade passives (she actually has no passives whatsoever) so evade builds are unlikely.

I dropped a few slacker friends. 911,468,888. Running a 946 mag TT who can solo mog king ELT currently. When the raid comes I'll probably switch back to a 1121 atk A2.
Pejo
Member
(09-13-2017, 05:44 PM)
Pejo's Avatar
I wonder what the numbers are showing Gumi since the Nier banner. I know I spent a bunch on that banner and haven't dropped a dime, and won't drop a dime again after that 2 5* limited base shit. I hope this hits their bottom line hard.

Raid is good for gils, there is no way they're dumb enough to not offer TM moogles in the raid gacha though, nobody will pull on this banner otherwise.

I have been saying this for a while, but I finally have my plan for taking down Aigiaon. I'm going to wait til after thursday when mog king is done though. Also, I keep forgetting we got that new trial in the mog vortex that I have to knock out.
GG-Duo
Member
(09-13-2017, 06:43 PM)
GG-Duo's Avatar

Originally Posted by evangd007

Nier was the perfect storm of limited pull, popular, powerful units. We've had 2/3 several times before. Tilith was powerful and limited, but from BF. Orlandu was popular and powerful, but not limited. This caused a pulling hysteria never seen before. As a side effect, however, the sheer number of pulls also exposed how truly bad the gacha rates are.

Another issue is the immense lack of value of missed pulls. 80% of the pulls you make are 3*, and of those the vast majority of units are terrible and have terrible TMRs. You might luck out and get Cecil or Zidane or Ludmille, but most of the time you're looking at the likes of Lani, Bedile, Shadow, and Fran, and it's hard to get excited about 5% towards a Throw materia. I wish you could use 3* bases as 1% moogles for any other 3* base.

I think two more factors contributed to it:
  • The discovery that GL has lower on-banner rates than JP
  • Malboro trial - it's refreshing that it's a real challenge for the community, but the way it goes about it is generally considered a bit bullshit.

All of these just caused general frustration
Syntsui
Member
(09-13-2017, 06:54 PM)
Syntsui's Avatar
It's the rates and the fact our content isn't getting near JP at all, way too many filler bullshit so there is absolutely no telling when things will get better.

I'm on macro duty for almost a month and these last few days I didn't even do the daily quests. I pretty much quitted playing it.
cw_sasuke
If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(09-13-2017, 07:00 PM)
cw_sasuke's Avatar
Well i already forgot about the Nier event...doesnt help anyone to dwell on the past.
Really appreciate what they did to Soleil...she was freaking useless before but is now MVP for many players - she helped me clear the Hein Trial.

About FFXI.....in the past i would have just dropped all my resources, so a couple tickets + couple dailies, to try to get the Gold unit, since Werei has a kickass TM. But after the last banners i dont really think i should even chase Gold crystals at this point.

When are we getting those free tickets ? Would love to use them once more on the OK banner before its gone, buts that doesnt seem likely anymore.

While we are on the adding spree, if anyone interested:
Main 499.321.851 (well...mostyl Olive)
Alt 005.742.814 (DV up most of the time)

PS. What i really hate is that Gumi keeps messing up with the free daily pulls and never addresses the shit. Is it really that difficult to let everyone do the free pull if you already had it up for 30 minutes or whatever ?
eggydoo
Member
(09-13-2017, 07:08 PM)
eggydoo's Avatar
Ok so I beat the trial in 10 turns using CoD instead of Rikku.

CoD omniveil plus return (since i dont have ribbons) was way more efficient than wasting a damn turn with Rikku for Hypernull, then having to use Tilith to heal status. On top of that omniveil covers dark dmg too

F Rikku, CoD was queen on my run.
Advocatus Diaboli
Member
(09-13-2017, 07:34 PM)
Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syntsui

It's the rates and the fact our content isn't getting near JP at all, way too many filler bullshit so there is absolutely no telling when things will get better.

I'm on macro duty for almost a month and these last few days I didn't even do the daily quests. I pretty much quitted playing it.

I beat the Hein trial. It was nice to use my Naked Terra for the first time. And it was sufficiently challenging finding a decent rhythm.

Other than that, I ignore arena completely, don't macro, and struggle to accomplish the daily quests. I'm not getting Werei anyway, let alone Prishe, so I don't care about a raid boss UNLESS I can clear it with the Repeat button.

Only thing I want to see is the conclusion to Season 1, honestly.
cw_sasuke
If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(09-13-2017, 07:36 PM)
cw_sasuke's Avatar
Is Prishe as a damage dealer up there with the Top 5* Chainers ala DV/Tidus etc. ?

Originally Posted by eggydoo

Ok so I beat the trial in 10 turns using CoD instead of Rikku.

CoD omniveil plus return (since i dont have ribbons) was way more efficient than wasting a damn turn with Rikku for Hypernull, then having to use Tilith to heal status. On top of that omniveil covers dark dmg too

F Rikku, CoD was queen on my run.

Nice, always good to see if some of the original units can be useful.
Rikku dmg red is OP though xD
Kanik
Sonic handles my blue balls
(09-13-2017, 08:48 PM)
Kanik's Avatar
Just noticed the Final Fantasy New York fan event starts at 3:30pm the Friday of Comic Con.

Now do I miss out on the bulk of the event I paid to go to in exchange for going to an event for the game I've played daily for almost 9 months?
tuffymon
Member
(09-13-2017, 08:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Kanik

Just noticed the Final Fantasy New York fan event starts at 3:30pm the Friday of Comic Con.

Now do I miss out on the bulk of the event I paid to go to in exchange for going to an event for the game I've played daily for almost 9 months?

I'd say yes, due to 1. this is the first time ffbe has had these events, and may not do these from year to year. (they did ffxi for only 1 year) 2. you got on a special list thats very limited, whereas comic con is probably a 3 day event that happens yearly. 3. if it does happen again, new york may not be a chosen city
RedZaraki
Banned
(09-13-2017, 08:57 PM)
Another pass on the banner.


Well, I'm going to pass until the rainbow rate change. But you know that.

Ayaka, Sage Sakura, Cloud. IDGAF.


Triple Rainbows is too worth it not to save.


I'm beginning to think that if Soleil doesn't work out for my ELT Malboro Squad (like if we get gibbed turn one) that Minfillia with Rikku's Pouch would be a decent option also. AOE 70% dark resist + some buffs if others are busy + chaos grenade can be good against the adds. Plus, she also has innate Ribbon.
Whales
Member
(09-13-2017, 09:02 PM)
Whales's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedZaraki

Another pass on the banner.


Well, I'm going to pass until the rainbow rate change. But you know that.

Ayaka, Sage Sakura, Cloud. IDGAF.


Triple Rainbows is too worth it not to save.


I'm beginning to think that if Soleil doesn't work out for my ELT Malboro Squad (like if we get gibbed turn one) that Minfillia with Rikku's Pouch would be a decent option also. AOE 70% dark resist + some buffs if others are busy + chaos grenade can be good against the adds. Plus, she also has innate Ribbon.

I just hope I get ayaka in like a single multipull so I can go back to only using lapis for TM farming and hoarding until the 3% change :/
Kanik
Sonic handles my blue balls
(09-13-2017, 09:23 PM)
Kanik's Avatar

Originally Posted by tuffymon

I'd say yes, due to 1. this is the first time ffbe has had these events, and may not do these from year to year. (they did ffxi for only 1 year) 2. you got on a special list thats very limited, whereas comic con is probably a 3 day event that happens yearly. 3. if it does happen again, new york may not be a chosen city

Well, you convinced me!
Shouta
Member
(09-13-2017, 09:46 PM)
Shouta's Avatar

Originally Posted by cw_sasuke

Is Prishe as a damage dealer up there with the Top 5* Chainers ala DV/Tidus etc. ?


Nice, always good to see if some of the original units can be useful.
Rikku dmg red is OP though xD

Prishe doesn't really chain well with anyone in GL right now aside from herself, probably. Her two key points is that she has to skillchain to gain access to her most powerful attack and she has a limited selection of elemental weapons in GL currentl

If you have access to 2 Kaiser Knuckles or the Air Knife & Survival edge along with 2 Prishes, she can do some serious damage, especially when she gets to Prishe Special but otherwise, she's going to be doing OK damage as she supports the team.
Umibozu
Member
(09-13-2017, 10:23 PM)
Haven't really posted since the first OT, but if anyone new wants to add me.

Not really running anything special but it might help
240 453 190
robotuw
Member
(09-13-2017, 10:52 PM)
robotuw's Avatar
FFXI's straightforward banner reminded me of Balthier. Assuming Gumi doesn't craft a new banner for him, and doesn't shove him on one with two 5*'s already, there's not a lot of openings left. Having him replace/join Noctis on his banner soon would be the obvious choice. Putting him on either FF15 banner would be weird. They could put him on the Roy or Ayaka banner to be mean. Maybe the Duke/Mystair banner but they know people are already going to pull there. After that the last option is the Sage Sakura banner. So basically the Noctis banner is the only place left that wouldn't dick people over aside from a totally new banner.
jasminlovesyoux
Member
(09-13-2017, 11:09 PM)
jasminlovesyoux's Avatar

Originally Posted by robotuw

FFXI's straightforward banner reminded me of Balthier. Assuming Gumi doesn't craft a new banner for him, and doesn't shove him on one with two 5*'s already, there's not a lot of openings left. Having him replace/join Noctis on his banner soon would be the obvious choice. Putting him on either FF15 banner would be weird. They could put him on the Roy or Ayaka banner to be mean. Maybe the Duke/Mystair banner but they know people are already going to pull there. After that the last option is the Sage Sakura banner. So basically the Noctis banner is the only place left that wouldn't dick people over aside from a totally new banner.

I think someone here called Balthier being thrown into the Ayaka banner. I'm going to bet on them being correct.
Hippopuncher12
Member
(09-13-2017, 11:22 PM)
Hippopuncher12's Avatar
Balthier I think will either be with Ayaka as a big ol screw you guys, or on the original Noctis banner.
cw_sasuke
If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(09-13-2017, 11:26 PM)
cw_sasuke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shouta

Prishe doesn't really chain well with anyone in GL right now aside from herself, probably. Her two key points is that she has to skillchain to gain access to her most powerful attack and she has a limited selection of elemental weapons in GL currentl

If you have access to 2 Kaiser Knuckles or the Air Knife & Survival edge along with 2 Prishes, she can do some serious damage, especially when she gets to Prishe Special but otherwise, she's going to be doing OK damage as she supports the team.

Thanks for the explanation,
guess i will be skipping that banner then. I would have liked Wereis TM but i also assumed we would be able to get TM Moogles from the Raid.

Well saving some Tickets for Ayaka i guess heh.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS
Banned
(09-14-2017, 01:55 AM)
INDIGO_CYCLOPS's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kanik

Just noticed the Final Fantasy New York fan event starts at 3:30pm the Friday of Comic Con.

Now do I miss out on the bulk of the event I paid to go to in exchange for going to an event for the game I've played daily for almost 9 months?

I'm going, and a few others I think. We'll get an exclusive fan festa NYC unit along with other schwag and we'll be attending an event limited to 500 people. That's pretty cool if you ask me.
Celegus
Member
(09-14-2017, 03:13 AM)
Celegus's Avatar
Would love to go but it's an 8 hour ride to get there and I've already got plans to go to Blizzcon next month so no more vacation days to use. Hope you guys have fun, would be cool to have a meet up in person!
VexationStation
Junior Member
(09-14-2017, 03:13 AM)
Finally beat the Hein trial (and my first real trial ever) after at least 6-7 failed attempts. I only started during the anniversary so no TMRs to help out, and limited gear options.

Ended up using:
EV
9S
Marie (single enhancement to the status resist)
T.Terra (500 mag)
DC Refia
and borrowed a GAFers T.Terra they had up with 900+ mag

Barely made it under the 15 turn limit.

Thread Tools