• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Auctopus
Member
(08-19-2017, 01:49 PM)
Auctopus's Avatar
A note on the L&R question regarding Nazi iconography within marketing/multiplayer and Blood saying "Zombies shouldn't matter".

A friend of mine works for the marketing company that Activision contracts for Call of Duty and Destiny. On the last COD title that had Nazi Zombies, they produced a marketing campaign that showed Swastikas and SS symbols. Turns out it's illegal to produce marketing content in some countries that displays Swastikas and Nazi iconography (I'm not sure specifically what content this covers ((it's definitely true for billboards/bus adverts)) or in what context). A lot of these countries are in Asia but there's some western countries that enforce it too. Luckily, it was prior to release that they were called up on it but had to re-design the whole campaign which obviously cost a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if this time around, Activision are laying down blanket marketing that they can use worldwide rather than specifically censoring certain country's campaigns.
Last edited by Auctopus; 08-19-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Axass
Member
(08-19-2017, 02:33 PM)
Axass's Avatar

Originally Posted by Auctopus

A note on the L&R question regarding Nazi iconography within marketing/multiplayer and Blood saying "Zombies shouldn't matter".

A friend of mine works for the marketing company that Activision contracts for Call of Duty and Destiny. On the last COD title that had Nazi Zombies, they produced a marketing campaign that showed Swastikas and SS symbols. Turns out it's illegal to produce marketing content in some countries that displays Swastikas and Nazi iconography (I'm not sure specifically what content this covers ((it's definitely true for billboards/bus adverts)) or in what context). A lot of these countries are in Asia but there's some western countries that enforce it too. Luckily, it was prior to release that they were called up on it but had to re-design the whole campaign which obviously cost a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if this time around, Activision are laying down blanket marketing that they can use worldwide rather than specifically censoring certain country's campaigns.

Honestly, I think that some things are best forgotten (at least on the short term) and shouldn't be used in marketing, like swastikas and other nazi iconography. You risk of trivializing something that holds much stronger and sadder implications, still relevant to this day, so that when someone ends up using them in a serious manner people may think it's not a big deal or that it's a joke.
luchadork
Member
(08-19-2017, 02:53 PM)
luchadork's Avatar

Originally Posted by Auctopus

A note on the L&R question regarding Nazi iconography within marketing/multiplayer and Blood saying "Zombies shouldn't matter".

A friend of mine works for the marketing company that Activision contracts for Call of Duty and Destiny. On the last COD title that had Nazi Zombies, they produced a marketing campaign that showed Swastikas and SS symbols. Turns out it's illegal to produce marketing content in some countries that displays Swastikas and Nazi iconography (I'm not sure specifically what content this covers ((it's definitely true for billboards/bus adverts)) or in what context). A lot of these countries are in Asia but there's some western countries that enforce it too. Luckily, it was prior to release that they were called up on it but had to re-design the whole campaign which obviously cost a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if this time around, Activision are laying down blanket marketing that they can use worldwide rather than specifically censoring certain country's campaigns.

i'm surprised they didnt check the legality of displaying nazi symbolism before designing a whole campaign.
Auctopus
Member
(08-19-2017, 03:11 PM)
Auctopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by luchadork

i'm surprised they didnt check the legality of displaying nazi symbolism before designing a whole campaign.

It was an SS symbol on the shoulder of a zombie Nazi on a piece of key-art. I guess it just slipped by vetting - it was also only a couple countries (I think he said the Phillipines) that picked up on it.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(08-19-2017, 05:34 PM)
ZeoVGM's Avatar
I feel like Huber might want to revisit Sonic 4 if he remembers it as "Episode I was great" and then Episode II was bad. Haha.
Hasney
Member
(08-19-2017, 06:49 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
I'm with Brad over Jinder/Nakamura. Blaming Orton for Jinders failings, c'mon Huber. Jinder is just bad.
plasmawave
Member
(08-19-2017, 07:13 PM)
plasmawave's Avatar
I hope Brad finishes Yakuza 0 so they can do a spoilercast.
Primethius
Member
(08-20-2017, 12:10 AM)
Primethius's Avatar
Great OT, dude I totally don't know.

Also, is there any way to get the podcast early on podcast apps if your a Patron? Because I've had a ton of EZA stuff to catch up on, I didn't mind not getting the podcast early before but now it's bothering me a bit.

Am I just overlooking a simple setting/method somewhere?
SecondCitySaint
Junior Member
(08-20-2017, 12:16 AM)
SecondCitySaint's Avatar
I want to say Bloodworth had an answer for that question in the first OT.
Hasney
Member
(08-20-2017, 12:25 AM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Primethius

Great OT, dude I totally don't know.

Also, is there any way to get the podcast early on podcast apps if your a Patron? Because I've had a ton of EZA stuff to catch up on, I didn't mind not getting the podcast early before but now it's bothering me a bit.

Am I just overlooking a simple setting/method somewhere?

On the overview tab there's an RSS link custom for your kevel.
WarRock
Member
(08-20-2017, 12:44 AM)
WarRock's Avatar
Do we know which preview event Ben is/was at?
SecondCitySaint
Junior Member
(08-20-2017, 12:49 AM)
SecondCitySaint's Avatar

Originally Posted by WarRock

Do we know which preview event Ben is/was at?

Hopefully we get a surprise GAMESCOM Easy Update with Ian and Camera Ghost.
Mikey Jr.
Member
(08-20-2017, 01:11 AM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar
Just watched all 10 hours of sunshine.

OK, legit, where in the hell are there 62 more shines?

Did they skip entire worlds or something? Where do you cram 62 more shines?
Kneefoil
Member
(08-20-2017, 01:18 AM)
Kneefoil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

Just watched all 10 hours of sunshine.

OK, legit, where in the hell are there 62 more shines?

Did they skip entire worlds or something? Where do you cram 62 more shines?

They still had an unfinished episode in all of the stages, and then there are the 100 coin shines, secret shines in levels, Delfino Plaza shines, and shines from a ton of blue coins, many of which are hidden in the most obtuse places you would never even think to look from.
Primethius
Member
(08-20-2017, 03:05 AM)
Primethius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasney

On the overview tab there's an RSS link custom for your kevel.

Oh cool, thanks!
Mikey Jr.
Member
(08-20-2017, 03:11 AM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Kneefoil

They still had an unfinished episode in all of the stages, and then there are the 100 coin shines, secret shines in levels, Delfino Plaza shines, and shines from a ton of blue coins, many of which are hidden in the most obtuse places you would never even think to look from.

Ohh, ok, cool.

Yeah, just seemed bizarre to me, but that makes more sense now.
Mista Koo
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:40 AM)
Mista Koo's Avatar
I wonder if that Infinite Mini Golf is fun to play alone. I'm nostalgic for mini golf games.

Originally Posted by Bahorel

Question for the group, what does your current queue look like?

-Yakuza 0 (currently playing).
-Crash 3 Warped (playing a few levels now and then)
-Nier Automata
====
-Switch
====
-Sonic Mania
-Mario Oddysee
-Splatoon 2

The rest will probably be things I didn't necessarily know I will be playing this year. For the first time ever I'm dedicated to playing a bunch of the notable titles in the year they were released. My GOTYs won't be just the two games I've played this year!

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

Just watched all 10 hours of sunshine.

OK, legit, where in the hell are there 62 more shines?

Did they skip entire worlds or something? Where do you cram 62 more shines?

There's a shine for looking at a bird in one of the stage. A bird that is flying around in a stage.
Last edited by Mista Koo; 08-20-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Deimo5
Member
(08-20-2017, 11:38 AM)
Deimo5's Avatar
Don and mini-golf the winning combo
Holundrian
Member
(08-20-2017, 01:13 PM)
Holundrian's Avatar
I'm still somehow addicted to dq11 I find reason to return for 1 hour at a time and just do one of the little things left to do like finding a monster I haven't found or winning high at a specific casino game. It's so fun to be in that world. I can't explain it generally when I plat something I'm just done with a game. Not so here for the first time.
I just need more dragon quest rpgs in my life! Guess I'll be doing my best to hunt down a cheap copy of dq7 3ds now(it's hard cause I need a jp version cause jp 3ds).
Again I want a console dq monsters so bad but have been told chances are not the best with how that franchise sells in jp :(
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(08-20-2017, 01:15 PM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Ian and don playing mini golf is a great thing to wake up to!

It made me think of the mini golf pc game I played as a kid on the Amiga. I think it was called wacky golf or something.
Auctopus
Member
(08-20-2017, 01:19 PM)
Auctopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by SecondCitySaint

Hopefully we get a surprise GAMESCOM Easy Update with Ian and Camera Ghost.

I would be massively disappointed if they secretly went to Gamescom and didn't tell any EU/UK fans. I don't think they would've. It's a large expense for what's becoming a steadily less relevant event for press.
Man-is-Obsolete
Member
(08-20-2017, 01:30 PM)
Man-is-Obsolete's Avatar
This weeks Tabletop Escapades was great. Tha Papa Roach stuff had me dying.
Budi
Member
(08-20-2017, 02:33 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Auctopus

I would be massively disappointed if they secretly went to Gamescom and didn't tell any EU/UK fans. I don't think they would've. It's a large expense for what's becoming a steadily less relevant event for press.

I'm still bit sad that Huber visited Helsinki Finland at Remedy while at GT, but we didn't know about this. I also wonder if he did an interview with Sam Lake or something. Never got to see it since GT got shut down.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(08-20-2017, 02:57 PM)
Brazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man-is-Obsolete

This weeks Tabletop Escapades was great. Tha Papa Roach stuff had me dying.

That Huber quote was masterful comedy.
Philippo
Member
(08-20-2017, 04:47 PM)
Philippo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man-is-Obsolete

This weeks Tabletop Escapades was great. Tha Papa Roach stuff had me dying.

Originally Posted by Brazil

That Huber quote was masterful comedy.

What's this?
SecondCitySaint
Junior Member
(08-20-2017, 05:44 PM)
SecondCitySaint's Avatar

Originally Posted by Philippo

What's this?

Lyrics to Last Resort
Philippo
Member
(08-20-2017, 06:08 PM)
Philippo's Avatar

Originally Posted by SecondCitySaint

Lyrics to Last Resort

Do you have a timestamp? I don't usually follow TTE.
bananafactory
Member
(08-20-2017, 06:17 PM)
bananafactory's Avatar
Hey question for you guys, I remember Brandon saying the Divinity OS2 demo was the best he's ever seen, do you remember what podcast or video that was from? Pretty sure it was around E3 time, but I checked all their impressions vids on YT and don't see it timestamped.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(08-20-2017, 06:22 PM)
Brazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by bananafactory

Hey question for you guys, I remember Brandon saying the Divinity OS2 demo was the best he's ever seen, do you remember what podcast or video that was from? Pretty sure it was around E3 time, but I checked all their impressions vids on YT and don't see it timestamped.

It was his pop tart, so... The fall preview episode of the podcast. Sorry, can't find a link because I'm on mobile.
Last edited by Brazil; 08-20-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Budi
Member
(08-20-2017, 06:22 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by bananafactory

Hey question for you guys, I remember Brandon saying the Divinity OS2 demo was the best he's ever seen, do you remember what podcast or video that was from? Pretty sure it was around E3 time, but I checked all their impressions vids on YT and don't see it timestamped.

Wasn't it quite recent Pop tart or Toaster strudel in the main podcast?

Edit: Here you go https://youtu.be/wxJgHgacQ10?t=3378
Last edited by Budi; 08-20-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Hasney
Member
(08-20-2017, 06:41 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
Oh hey, XBox @ Gamescom stream
bananafactory
Member
(08-20-2017, 06:57 PM)
bananafactory's Avatar

Originally Posted by Budi

Wasn't it quite recent Pop tart or Toaster strudel in the main podcast?

Edit: Here you go https://youtu.be/wxJgHgacQ10?t=3378

Ah I thought it was longer ago. Thanks!!
Hasney
Member
(08-20-2017, 07:10 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
Yes, the GamesCom song is playing.

Lose the shirt! Lose the pants! Lose your mind! It's GamesCom!
Budi
Member
(08-20-2017, 07:12 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasney

Oh hey, XBox @ Gamescom stream

Thanks! Need to tune in.
wmlk
Member
(08-20-2017, 07:22 PM)
wmlk's Avatar
It's Gamescom
Hasney
Member
(08-20-2017, 07:52 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
Huber wants someone to CRACK SOME PACKS
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(08-20-2017, 08:42 PM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Kudos of EZA for fighting through this rough show and making it enjoyable.

Highlights so far
- Huber taking his headphones off when a host kale did AC the TMZ of history
- Kyle ragging on Aaron for touting crackdown 3
- Damiani's recore shade
Budi
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:05 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Kudos of EZA for fighting through this rough show and making it enjoyable.

Highlights so far
- Huber taking his headphones off when a host kale did AC the TMZ of history
- Kyle ragging on Aaron for touting crackdown 3
- Damiani's recore shade

Rough huh, I've quite enjoyed it so far. Good vibes.
Visceir
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:15 PM)
Visceir's Avatar
Huber's next bets persona better be wearing a tattoo sleeve shirt
SecondCitySaint
Junior Member
(08-20-2017, 09:16 PM)
SecondCitySaint's Avatar

Originally Posted by Philippo

Do you have a timestamp? I don't usually follow TTE.

I'll try and find it later, but I guarantee Farisr/SomeGaneNews will have it on a Best Of. He'll probably subtitle it "This is my Last Resort"
Budi
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:18 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by SecondCitySaint

I'll try and find it later, but I guarantee Farisr/SomeGaneNews will have it on a Best Of. He'll probably subtitle it "This is my Last Resort"

Is it the "cut my jeans in two pieces, these are my denim shorts" joke? Haven't watched the episode yet, I'm still few behind. That came from Elyse at GT.

Edit: Seems like it wasn't!
Last edited by Budi; 08-20-2017 at 09:54 PM.
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:31 PM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar

Originally Posted by Budi

Rough huh, I've quite enjoyed it so far. Good vibes.

The MS show itself? Yea without EZA I would have tuned out 10 minutes into it. It's 90 mins of really nothing
stan_marsh
Banned
(08-20-2017, 09:36 PM)
Watching Damiani drift off is a beautiful thing.
Budi
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:39 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

The MS show itself? Yea without EZA I would have tuned out 10 minutes into it. It's 90 mins of really nothing

Yeah I liked it, hard to hear sometimes ofcourse since watching it from EZA stream. But I like to listen devs talking about their games. Also these games are on PC so it's to my personal interest. And loved the new Cuphead stuff I (we?) haven't seen before! The Jurassic Park game seems interesting too, haven't heard about that before. And as I said before, it had good vibes. Hosts seemed like they were having fun.
Last edited by Budi; 08-20-2017 at 10:01 PM.
slash3584
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:44 PM)
slash3584's Avatar

Originally Posted by Philippo

Do you have a timestamp? I don't usually follow TTE.

This is the start of the joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_aMg4MaD4&t=12m00s

And this is Huber's quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_aMg4MaD4&t=17m08s

But I suggest to watch from the first timestamp until the second one to get some context.
LiquidSolid
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:48 PM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar
Well that was boring as hell. You had to dig through 95% of endless talking, marketing speak and cringe to get to that 5% new stuff.

The big highlight for me was Jurassic World Evolution. It's been a LONG time since Operation Genesis, so I'm really up for a new dinosaur park sim. The AC Origins CG trailer was great too though, something they really should've debuted that game with at E3.
BBboy20
Member
(08-20-2017, 09:50 PM)
BBboy20's Avatar
Everyone wanting that BioMutant.
SecondCitySaint
Junior Member
(08-20-2017, 10:01 PM)
SecondCitySaint's Avatar
That Biomutant is so hott right now
Lavalamp1138
Member
(08-21-2017, 12:32 AM)
Lavalamp1138's Avatar
Does anyone have that gif of Ben saying "Japan" to the camera? I think it was from an Opinion Yell video back at GT but I can't find the gif. I have a friend who is on a trip in Japan and I feel like I could get some mileage out of the gif lol
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(08-21-2017, 03:51 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lavalamp1138

Does anyone have that gif of Ben saying "Japan" to the camera? I think it was from an Opinion Yell video back at GT but I can't find the gif. I have a friend who is on a trip in Japan and I feel like I could get some mileage out of the gif lol

Ask and you shall receive

https://youtu.be/hm3gUpDZQHk

I keep trying to get Ian to do another OY. He want to do it but then never happens. I think the logistics of pulling it off without a studio halts it. But I love OY. And the Witcher vs Bloodborne is my favorite. Huber fighting Huber, Ben and Huber talking Gilmore girls, stellegaaaaassas, etc.

It's only missing Brad who was out probably because it was on one of his mandatory "off" days at GT. But Brad was MVP in a previous OY

https://youtu.be/01Fbxtk3Wr4
Last edited by TheDarkKnight774; 08-21-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Thread Tools