• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

uomoartificiale
Member
(08-21-2017, 09:02 AM)
uomoartificiale's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774


It's only missing Brad who was out probably because it was on one of his mandatory "off" days at GT. But Brad was MVP in a previous OY

https://youtu.be/01Fbxtk3Wr4

Brad I like your shirt......
Eat shit!
Mista Koo
Member
(08-21-2017, 09:59 AM)
Mista Koo's Avatar
I don't think I've ever watched any of Opinion Yell before, and maybe I shouldn't have.

But how come no one ever utilized all that green screen footage??
wmlk
Member
(08-21-2017, 02:28 PM)
wmlk's Avatar
Man, I forgot how much I miss Opinion Yell.

Last edited by wmlk; 08-21-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Auctopus
Member
(08-21-2017, 08:44 PM)
Auctopus's Avatar
To any UK fans (and possibly European) who have considered going to the (probable) EZA meet-up at PSX, tickets from Gatwick to LAX right now are 'only' 300.

I know (I think) BrianFETO went last year and it seemed like a pretty big success, not sure what other non-Americans went.
LiquidSolid
Member
(08-21-2017, 09:18 PM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar
There's a Far Cry 5 preview up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XbVR_rJ6QE

I managed to catch the end of the EA Gamescom stream and it didn't look very interesting. Once I get home, I might watch the full thing in the background while I do a bit of Kingdom Hearts gummi ship grinding (the only stuff I have left to do and it's terrible!).
UpDownLeftRight
Member
(08-21-2017, 09:38 PM)
UpDownLeftRight's Avatar
Did they Allies cover any of the Gamescom content? I've missed anything and everything so far so if possible I'd like to catch up via these guys. They've been my game event hosts for as long as I can remember now.
Bloodworth
Member
(08-21-2017, 09:40 PM)
Bloodworth's Avatar

Originally Posted by UpDownLeftRight

Did they Allies cover any of the Gamescom content? I've missed anything and everything so far so if possible I'd like to catch up via these guys. They've been my game event hosts for as long as I can remember now.

Here's the playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...LVmWUXJEjvSqeF
Mista Koo
Member
(08-21-2017, 10:14 PM)
Mista Koo's Avatar

Originally Posted by BBboy20

https://twitter.com/MichaelPHuber/st...84082740740096

I thought that said "Kawaii" and now I'm disappointed :(
UpDownLeftRight
Member
(08-21-2017, 11:09 PM)
UpDownLeftRight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bloodworth

Here's the playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...LVmWUXJEjvSqeF

Ah you did! Thanks a bunch Blood! Well that's my evening all set out.
Solobbos
Member
(08-22-2017, 12:28 AM)
FRAME TRAP

WHEN?
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(08-22-2017, 12:37 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Hah Huber is creating a bonus stream to watch the shenmue 3 trailer tonight @ 7PM PST
ShadyK54
Member
(08-22-2017, 12:45 AM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solobbos

FRAME TRAP

WHEN?

Tonight is the night!
farisr
Member
(08-22-2017, 01:27 AM)
farisr's Avatar
Best of Easy Allies - 2017-28 - Yeeeah
MrMette
Member
(08-22-2017, 02:06 AM)
MrMette's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solobbos

FRAME TRAP

WHEN?

You can check their schedule on their website:
https://easyallies.com/

It says it comes out in 5 hours. It is usually a bit earlier as far as I know (it usually releases while I am sleeping, which is what I am going to do now as it is 3 am here and I have to get to work tomorrow).

I would think it will release in 2 to 3 hours or something like that (5 hours at most as the schedule says).
AcademicSaucer
Member
(08-22-2017, 06:22 AM)
AcademicSaucer's Avatar
Has Huber reacted to the Age of Empires news?
MrMette
Member
(08-22-2017, 08:04 AM)
MrMette's Avatar

Originally Posted by AcademicSaucer

Has Huber reacted to the Age of Empires news?

I don't think so. It is quite recent news and I don't see any reaction from him on twitter.

If he hasn't seen it, chat should tell him during Talking Syndrome (although he will possibly hear the news during the podcast otherwise). I want to see his reaction too.

I myself was convinced that a new Age Of Empires game was out of the question.
I also just read there will be AoE 2 and 3 definitive editions which is great.

I am only hoping they will also come to steam as I will not buy them on the Windows store.
Last edited by MrMette; 08-22-2017 at 08:16 AM.
False Witness
Member
(08-22-2017, 03:13 PM)
False Witness's Avatar
Oh man, just got to the spiders part of Ben's RE3 playthrough. Hilarious. Sorry, Ben.

Man, watching Huber + other Allies/GT Crew play through horror games has been great and I have so much more to go. I've only watched RE7, RE2, The Evil Within, and am halfway through RE3.
ShadyK54
Member
(08-22-2017, 03:18 PM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by farisr

Best of Easy Allies - 2017-28 - Yeeeah

That Ben to Blood stare down is hilarious. Jones going nuts in the corner is the cherry on top lmao.
Auctopus
Member
(08-22-2017, 03:23 PM)
Auctopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by False Witness

Oh man, just got to the spiders part of Ben's RE3 playthrough. Hilarious. Sorry, Ben.

Beautiful GT moment. The part where the spider falls on him in the corridor was when I realised he had a genuine phobia.
Budi
Member
(08-22-2017, 03:34 PM)
Budi's Avatar
Great that Ben is watching Leftovers and talked about it in Frame Trap! Hopefully that makes more people to check it out. It's an excellent show, one of my all time favorites. And he was spot on with his praises of Carrie Coon, she is superb. Justin Theroux deserves a mention too though, they're a great duo in the show. I was "shocked" that they didn't grab Emmy noms for their perfomances, well Coon got one for Fargo. Actually the casting is done really well overall, like we are accustomed to with HBO shows.

Last edited by Budi; 08-22-2017 at 03:41 PM.
elshoelace
Member
(08-22-2017, 03:48 PM)
elshoelace's Avatar

Originally Posted by Budi

Great that Ben is watching Leftovers and talked about it in Frame Trap! Hopefully that makes more people to check it out. It's an excellent show, one of my all time favorites. And he was spot on with his praises of Carrie Coon, she is superb. Justin Theroux deserves a mention too though, they're a great duo in the show. I was "shocked" that they didn't grab Emmy noms for their perfomances, well Coon got one for Fargo. Actually the casting is done really well overall, like we are accustomed to with HBO shows.

Indeed, show was way underrated. And man 4 hour FT!
Karu
Member
(08-22-2017, 04:10 PM)
Karu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Budi

Great that Ben is watching Leftovers and talked about it in Frame Trap! Hopefully that makes more people to check it out. It's an excellent show, one of my all time favorites. And he was spot on with his praises of Carrie Coon, she is superb. Justin Theroux deserves a mention too though, they're a great duo in the show. I was "shocked" that they didn't grab Emmy noms for their perfomances, well Coon got one for Fargo. Actually the casting is done really well overall, like we are accustomed to with HBO shows.

Favourite show of alltime. Ben did well.
Last edited by Karu; 08-22-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Roussow
Member
(08-22-2017, 04:34 PM)
Roussow's Avatar
I watched five and a half episodes of the new Leftovers season and have yet to return. Not because I didn't enjoy it, quite the opposite, I'm just not ready for it to end.
Given that the show never gained the popularity of a Breaking Bad / Game of Thrones, I don't feel super pressured to immediately watch it to be part of the zeitgeist, or more practically, just not get spoiled. One day I'll sit down and finish it, but I'm not quite there, it's definitely one of those got to be in the right mood for it things.
I waited like a week to sit down and play Tacoma for the same reasons, boy did that thing just kinda come and go with little fanfare, enjoyed it quite thoroughly though, I highly recommend it if you're into to that sort of game.

On Gamescom coverage, man, Assassins Creed and Far Cry look kinda rough, everything just looks super awkward, I'm fairly confident both games will come together fine, at least in line with the baseline quality expected from each respective series, but boy is the marketing doing very little for me.
My personal hype for AC has never gotten higher than since the setting leaked a long time ago, only some of the environments have actually had me mildly excited.
Far Cry 5's premise is incredibly captivating, and from the jump I was expecting a change as drastic as from Far Cry 2 to 3, but seeing the game play just like Far Cry 3 / 4 deflates any excitement I ever had, none of that game beyond a few parts of earlier trailers conveys the sentiment from E3 of, "people are fucking scared", so far it feels like a missed opportunity. I feel like this game would have fit in really nicely with that L&R question about Wolfenstein and Call of Duty WW2, perhaps Ubi's backing off that separatism angle in the marketing for similar reasons discussed in said L&R question, and maybe the game actually does this subject justice in some capacity.

Edit: I think I might have been a bit too negative on AC there, to be fair, the fact that the protagonist has a wife is really great, Aya seems way more interesting than Bayek, frankly. Hopefully this means she isn't fridged early, I'm really surprised she isn't playable given how the brother/sister dynamic in Syndicate was received, unless that's actually in the game and they're holding back on revealing, but it doesn't seem the case.
Last edited by Roussow; 08-22-2017 at 06:09 PM.
WarRock
Member
(08-22-2017, 04:37 PM)
WarRock's Avatar
Bosman giving CSH love is so nice :D
abrack08
Member
(08-22-2017, 05:05 PM)
abrack08's Avatar
Almost 4 hour long Frame Trap... Work is gonna fly by today!
TheCowboyPoet
Member
(08-22-2017, 05:18 PM)
TheCowboyPoet's Avatar
I haven't listened to Frame Trap yet but I'm not surprised the same man who also had the good taste to previous recommend Courtney Barnett on FT would also have the good taste to recommend The Leftovers. Ben truly is one of my top-9 favourite Allies.
Kneefoil
Member
(08-22-2017, 06:26 PM)
Kneefoil's Avatar
In case anyone's interested, there's been a new BvW: Just the Bits video. It had been awhile since the last one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPtbcgx1aNM
LiquidSolid
Member
(08-22-2017, 06:31 PM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar
I know you guys got a bit of flack for the Far Cry preview but great work on the AC Origins preview, Blood (and Jones but he doesn't post here). It stills looks way too "Assassin's Creed" for my liking and the addition of damage numbers seems pointless but the setting and some of the gameplay changes you demonstrated have caught my interest, so I might pick it up at some point.
Budi
Member
(08-22-2017, 06:39 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidSolid

I know you guys got a bit of flack for the Far Cry preview but great work on the AC Origins preview, Blood (and Jones but he doesn't post here). It stills looks way too "Assassin's Creed" for my liking and the addition of damage numbers seems pointless but the setting and some of the gameplay changes you demonstrated have caught my interest, so I might pick it up at some point.

What's wrong with their Far Cry preview? Haven't watched it yet, I guess it's safe to skip and look for other "better" sources?

Edit: Ah, read some of the comments. Seems that it is light on commentary or something.

Originally Posted by Hasney

I don't see anything wrong with it. No complaints on Patreon either.

Not checked YouTube comments because lol come on.

Hah!
Last edited by Budi; 08-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Hasney
Member
(08-22-2017, 06:40 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Budi

What's wrong with their Far Cry preview? Haven't watched it yet, I guess it's safe to skip and look for other "better" sources?

I don't see anything wrong with it. No complaints on Patreon either.

Not checked YouTube comments because lol come on.
LiquidSolid
Member
(08-22-2017, 07:19 PM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Budi

What's wrong with their Far Cry preview? Haven't watched it yet, I guess it's safe to skip and look for other "better" sources?

Edit: Ah, read some of the comments. Seems that it is light on commentary or something.
Hah!

Feel free to watch it, it shows a lot of the demo, there's just some dead air that some people thought came off awkwardly. Blood explained that they're experimenting with the format.

Originally Posted by Hasney

I don't see anything wrong with it. No complaints on Patreon either.

Not checked YouTube comments because lol come on.

The comments I read were respectable, no reason to dismiss them.
PepperedHam
Member
(08-22-2017, 07:27 PM)
PepperedHam's Avatar
The butt wipe stuff from the Bloodborne portion of Frame Trap was absolutely killing me. I love love love Bosman and Damiani together on Frame Trap.

Also that entire Bloodborne conversation was a joy. Hearing Damiani recount his second time going through the game made me really want to get back in there for a third playthrough myself. Such a special game. I missed his streams but I'll be there for his Old Hunters streams whenever they happen.
Last edited by PepperedHam; 08-22-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Tetsujin_MK
Member
(08-22-2017, 08:27 PM)
Tetsujin_MK's Avatar
Been watching a few old GT streams. So weird having to get used to the studio look, it's so bland and cold. Makes me wonder what an EZA studio would look like. I hope it'll keep the cozy "at home" vibes to some degree.
Budi
Member
(08-22-2017, 08:59 PM)
Budi's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidSolid

Feel free to watch it, it shows a lot of the demo, there's just some dead air that some people thought came off awkwardly. Blood explained that they're experimenting with the format.

Hmm, I guess I will. Especially to see what kind of new format it is. Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin_MK

Been watching a few old GT streams. So weird having to get used to the studio look, it's so bland and cold. Makes me wonder what an EZA studio would look like. I hope it'll keep the cozy "at home" vibes to some degree.

Hah, not for me really. The crew fills any room with joy and good vibes! And watching the old clips only makes me nostalgic and think of the things we don't have because there's no studio. Mainly GT Live.
SecondCitySaint
Junior Member
(08-22-2017, 11:03 PM)
SecondCitySaint's Avatar
I wonder if Damiani was able to get everyone a SNES Classic today...
Fat_Caddis
Junior Member
(08-23-2017, 01:11 AM)
Anyone have any Hall of Greats predictions? It's tonight isn't it?

I predict Jones finally comes with FF6, now that the full playthrough is over. Damiani will also finally pull out Mario 64 which will be a lock. Then there will be epic debate and a few meltdowns when Brad drops FF7 on the group and battle lines are drawn.

Mario 64 and FF7 ultimately make it through.
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(08-23-2017, 01:13 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fat_Caddis

Anyone have any Hall of Greats predictions? It's tonight isn't it?

I predict Jones finally comes with FF6, now that the full playthrough is over. Damiani will also finally pull out Mario 64 which will be a lock. Then there will be epic debate and a few meltdowns when Brad drops FF7 on the group and battle lines are drawn.

Mario 64 and FF7 ultimately make it through.

Yea I wonder if this is the time where Ben goes down swinging with Xenoblade.
demu
Junior Member
(08-23-2017, 01:15 AM)
demu's Avatar
Imagine the scenes when Brandon picks FF6, Brad FF7 and Ben FF9.
Elfforkusu
Member
(08-23-2017, 01:17 AM)
Elfforkusu's Avatar

Originally Posted by demu

Imagine the scenes when Brandon picks FF6, Brad FF7 and Ben FF9.

If Brandon comes out with FF6, I want someone to change their pick to Chrono Trigger to dagger it.

Because some men just want to watch the world burn
Fat_Caddis
Junior Member
(08-23-2017, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by demu

Imagine the scenes when Brandon picks FF6, Brad FF7 and Ben FF9.

Haha I would lose it if 6 and 7 split the vote and 9 somehow makes it in first
Seiryoden
Member
(08-23-2017, 01:48 AM)
Seiryoden's Avatar
Don't think anyone put up a Castlevania yet? Surely Ian or Brad must be close to cracking and risking refusal. Also: Please astound me with your selection Don.

Great OT btw.
mcw
Member
(08-23-2017, 01:50 AM)
The sad thing is that I would have been more excited about that possibility a month ago. Right now I'm of the opinion that the best FF is actually 14.

Hall of Greats is always pure hype regardless
Fat_Caddis
Junior Member
(08-23-2017, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Seiryoden

Don't think anyone put up a Castlevania yet? Surely Ian or Brad must be close to cracking and risking refusal. Also: Please astound me with your selection Don.

Great OT btw.

I think Castlevania SOTN made it into the hall if I'm not mistaken? If not, it narrowly missed the cut. I believe Ian nominated it.

Don's pick is always the highlight of the night for me.
BlackBuzzard
Member
(08-23-2017, 01:57 AM)
BlackBuzzard's Avatar
Oh baby best group streams are always hall of greats.
Seiryoden
Member
(08-23-2017, 02:08 AM)
Seiryoden's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fat_Caddis

I think Castlevania SOTN made it into the hall if I'm not mistaken? If not, it narrowly missed the cut. I believe Ian nominated it.

Don's pick is always the highlight of the night for me.

Thanks! Can't believe I forgot. Stayed up to watch it that night too. Geriatric ezaSadJones
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(08-23-2017, 02:26 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar
Props to Brad for swinging for the fences. He won't win but it's good to give it more attention
ShadyK54
Member
(08-23-2017, 02:30 AM)
ShadyK54's Avatar
HoG: Ian vs. Huber incoming with Huber's pick lol.
BlackBuzzard
Member
(08-23-2017, 02:37 AM)
BlackBuzzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

Props to Brad for swinging for the fences. He won't win but it's good to give it more attention

I think Titanfall 2 had a better single player then Doom.

Also the Ellie complaint i get it but its so dumb, so you want AI to trigger the enemy yeah that would make for a fun game we need ai to be much better before this can become a thing.
Tetsujin_MK
Member
(08-23-2017, 02:48 AM)
Tetsujin_MK's Avatar
Don bringing the production value for his presentation, haha.

Thread Tools