• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Agito (iOS/Android) announced [Tabata Producing, Details In OP]

Goli

Uh, the Luminous Engine stuff didn't come from this image, right?

BT2lS83IAAImU7Q.jpg

This was a joke ...

I'm wondering the same thing, I don't see where it is on the scan, or elsewhere.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Uh, the Luminous Engine stuff didn't come from this image, right?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT2lS83IAAImU7Q.jpg[img]

This was a joke ...[/QUOTE]

I would guess it's from Twitter, but I could be wrong.

This would be somewhat expected though. They said they planned to scale it to mobile in an old interview.

If this is what it appears to be, it's probably the last nail in the coffin for any hope of another console-style game a la KH3D or the original Type-0 on a dedicated handheld. Not that the writing hasn't been on the wall for a while now, with SE's almost-nonexistent Vita support and sparse 3DS announcements.

Goli

I would guess it's from Twitter, but I could be wrong.

This would be somewhat expected though. They said they planned to scale it to mobile in an old interview.

It's not anywhere unless I'm really blind. Not on FF Reunion's report either. I think someone said it here and then it spread.
Internet.

Goli

it did get localized in Asia :p

but yea Million Arthur was never going to get localized because of how the game is.

I think this (agito) has more chance than MA.

They also haven't localized Sengoku Rumble either, but those are social games.

Eusis

Ok, couldn't find the game I was thinking of, but for some reason it doesn't seem like Final Fantasy Tactics hit Android outside of Japan. So, yeah, SE can be stupid in the oddest of ways with this stuff.

... I think it's part of why to prefer them to stay on consoles/handhelds, really. They seem to have that sort of idea like EA or Ubisoft to do their own thing on other platforms and it gets messy. Especially when they do stuff like have a specific Android store in Japan and so that ends up delaying things elsewhere more than necessary.

scarlet

Don't assume that this will be awful because it's on mobile. Final Fantasy Dimensions is great, both Chaos Rings games are pretty solid, and the iOS port of Final Fantasy Tactics is really well-done. I'd also argue that the iPad port of The World Ends With You is even better than the DS version.

Not every S-E mobile game is All The Bravest or *shudder* FF4: The After Years.

Thank you for reminding me that i haven't finished FFT and TWEWY on my iPad.

Goli

Ok, couldn't find the game I was thinking of, but for some reason it doesn't seem like Final Fantasy Tactics hit Android outside of Japan. So, yeah, SE can be stupid in the oddest of ways with this stuff.

... I think it's part of why to prefer them to stay on consoles/handhelds, really. They seem to have that sort of idea like EA or Ubisoft to do their own thing on other platforms and it gets messy. Especially when they do stuff like have a specific Android store in Japan and so that ends up delaying things elsewhere more than necessary.

FFT is probably coming out elsewhere for Android at some point, other titles have had delayed worldwide Google Play releases before, like most of their Square Enix Market games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
hmmm must of missed that bit.

Doesn't square have another dormant fabula nova title?

I think it starts with a H or something.

Haeresis is Latin for heresy, which given the plot of Final Fantasy XIII, was probably originally a subtitle for that game.

Eusis

Actually, yeah, I'm realizing they're missing quite a few games from Android, no TWEWY or All the Bravest (lol) Google play store link.
FFT is probably coming out elsewhere for Android at some point, other titles have had delayed worldwide Google Play releases before, like most of their Square Enix Market games.
Came out near the start of this year going by Wikipedia. Sure, there's always a delay for NA/EU releases, but for a fully localized game that's a mobile port already on iOS? Seems like it should've been a few months at worst, or at least news of when it'd come by now.

Reveirg

God damn it S-E. A Realm Reborn, KH HD just came out... I thought they were on a roll.

GOD DAMN IT.

Playstation Mobile is our only hope to play this on PSP/Vita.

Also... if this is a prequel, I fear they'll eventually release an iOS remake of the game, and that's the version we'll get localized.

The only good thing out of that announcement is that we know they're not letting the Type-0 series die.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
God damn it S-E.

GOD DAMN IT.

Playstation Mobile is our only hope to play this on PSP/Vita.

Also... if this is a prequel, I fear they'll eventually release an iOS remake of the game, and that's the version we'll get localized.

The only good thing out of that announcement is that we know they're not letting the Type-0 series die.

Type-0 has been getting merchandise here and there since the game released and characters have been in other games so...

kadotsu

Banned
Does the article provide any information on the interface or is it just a teaser piece with a few characters holding a weapon?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does the article provide any information on the interface or is it just a teaser piece with a few characters holding a weapon?

You can see some screens... there's an analog button icon visible so there's at least some form of exploration.

Pooya

man, they didn't even make new logo, paying Amano is too much for them :(

there isn't any battle scene, wonder how it plays.
new character looks cool.

I'm ok with it.

The info is in this week's Famitsu.

EDIT - Don't know yet if it is Type-0 or a different game. Aibo (from unconfirmed reports) tweeted that it may be a prequel.

EDIT 2 - Hajime Tabata producing (director of Type-0), and the game is coming this winter (Dec 2013~early 2014)

Via Aibo from FF-Reunion.

ELmyKgD.png

wic9W7K.jpg

Please, die Square.

Road

I"ll reserve judgment.

From the traditionally horrible leak picture quality, at least it doesn't seem to look like the vomit FFV iOS is.

Hm, seems interesting enough. You would think SE would be more keen to move Kingdom Hearts on to mobile -- not that I'm dying to play the original version of Coded, or a mobile version of Chi, by any means.

ash_ag

Note that other than the name, logo artwork is the same as Type-0. Are we sure this is a prequel rather than a port or reimagination of Type-0?

CorvoSol

Ah ha ha ha.

I want to be so mad about this right now, but I can't even do it. I want to feel like I'm Caesar seeing Brutus stab me, but it's more like how Mario must feel when he wakes up and hears Bowser kidnapped Peach again. It's just

I mean really. How many more times does this company have to fuck me over before I learn they are traitorous, dirty bastards who cannot be trusted ever? You won't get me this time, Square. I barely have salt enough for this.

Exentryk

Some more info here, but better if a japanese speaker translated it. Some stuff that I can make out:

Director: Tadashi Yasushi Nishida
Art Director: Sayoko Hoshino
Composer: Takeharu Ishimoto
Producer: Tabata

Basic version is free?
Moogle manages your quests?

vareon

RyougaSaotome is spilling some details from Tabata on his twitter account, and all I read is:

Final Fantasy Agito. Base game is free. Pay for items to rejuvenate stamina. Possibly command based? High speed. Create your own character.

Of course gacha items and paying for continues etc are in. Typically shitty free to play practices. #Agito

Abandon all hope.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Then, this is another bad iOS game, due to bad practises XD

Sorry, I'd repost the info here but I'm on my way home and posting from a phone. Feel to grab shit off my twitter feed.

Some random bits while I can. Story is chapter based. A new chapter every two weeks. Customizable main character. Interactions with sub-characters, improves relationship, they'll help on missions.

More on the feed. BAI.

duckroll

Okay this isn't a prequel or a sequel to Type-0. It's definitely a reimagining. Another version of the same cycle in Type-0? The main characters from Type-0 are all in the game, along with new characters. The player is a student you can customize.

- There's a job system
- There's a mission system

So far so good?

- The game is divided into story chapters you can replay.
- They plan on releasing a new chapter every 2 weeks.

Still good? Sounds like a real game on mobiles! Whoa!

- Within those 2 weeks, 10 days will be for Solo Play where each player takes on their own missions, while 4 days are for Team Play where players work together to beat bosses.

Sounds like good social fun! What's the catch?!

- The game is Free2Play.
- There will be Energy used up when you do missions, which can be replenished via microtransaction items. You can also pay to continue if you fail a mission, and so on.

I LOVE JAPAN! <3 <3 <3

Edit: Damnit Ryouga I was typing up my masterpiece!!! >_<

Top Bottom