• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars - Kickstarter live, 5 days left

Tizoc

Thanks to PantsuJo for the heads up in the Steam thread, please read this for more details-
Examu will launch a Kickstarter campaign to bring Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars to PC with an English localization, the developer announced. The fighting game originally launched in Japanese arcades in December 2014.

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars is an updated version of Arcana Heart 3: Love Max, which launched for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita worldwide in 2014, and PC in 2015. New to Six Stars includes:

New Character: Minori Amanohara

After the establishment, Drexler Institute developed artificial Valkyries and Arcanas. She was one of the few products of the research who was born at the Japan Branch of the Institute. She is a “Hybride”, a special Valkyrie who can dually wield the powers of the Arcana and the Geist (armored spirits developed at the Institute). She escaped the facility with the help of Petra. “Doing good deeds in secrecy” is her motto, so she uses her ability to defeat evil without being seen. She actually comes from wealthy noble origins. The outgoing, superhero-like behavior outside is a stark contrast to her attitude at her house, under the watch of strict mother.

The dragonhead-like armor on her arms are the Geist of Fafnir and Schwarz.

She was frustrated by her inability to help Heart and other Saints fight for world peace. With her newly acquired powers, she stands up as the “Annihilation Angel Subaru” (self-proclaimed super hero name) and fights for the peace.

New Arcana: Ichor, the Arcana of Blood

Arcana of Blood symbolizing the essense of life. The motif of Möbius strip represents the reincarnation of all life. Enhances all the potentials the person has to its maximum strength.

Improved Character Balancing

Examu said that if it gets enough funding, it will consider the development of new characters and bringing together stories from earlier Arcana Heart titles to make a “collected edition follow up.”

You can register your interest in funding the PC port at Prefundia. A launch date for the Kickstarter campaign has not been announced.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/03/examu-la...t-3-love-max-six-stars-pc#pbP6HrjwQVyGZcxG.99

I WAS considering getting AH3 on Steam but I'll grab this instead.
I'll update this thread once the KS goes live :)

PantsuJo

Thanks to PantsuJo for the heads up in the Steam thread.

I WAS considering getting AH3 on Steam but I'll grab this instead.
I'll update this thread once the KS goes live :)
No problem, I hope the game will be funded. :)

I have the base version and it's pretty good.

Tizoc

I'd really like for more developers to go this route, like saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Rumblefish 2: The triggered whale

Seems like Examu is a big fan of the Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada match

If I hadn't said it before, your avatar is brilliant.

If you need a Kickstarter campaign to continue a series that already has multiple installments, maybe it's just time to let it go... I understand that would disappoint fans, but that's how business works. Kickstarter is most likely their last resort.

Deft Beck

If you need a Kickstarter campaign to continue a series that already has multiple installments, maybe it's just time to let it go... I understand that would disappoint fans, but that's how business works. Kickstarter is most likely their last resort.

On the contrary -- I think this is the sort of scenario that Kickstarter is designed for.

This is a perfect scenario for a Kickstarter. I've been super jealous that this game has been in Japanese arcades for over a year without any console/PC port and I am completely fine with backing this. It's ultimately this, or never being able to play a newer version of a fighter I really enjoy and knowing it exists.

I only started the series with 3 but I was incredibly impressed by it. Very fun anime fighter that makes great use of the screen space. There is nothing like it.

Dio

Banned
This is a localization kickstarter.

The game has already been playable in arcades.

So, a quick look at Steam Spy shows that both of Examu's recent PC ports, Nitro+ Blasterz and Arcana Heart 3 Love Max both sold about 15k copies each. In a recent interview, Xseed's big cheese Ken Barry described that tally as "did above expectations". Assuming that also applies to AH3LM, then I can definitely start to see the logic in Examu going semi-directly to the Western audience to fund a Six Stars port.

Like Shenmue, Shadowrun, and Divinity, right?

And it's just a localization/port in this case.

kunonabi

Arcana is my favorite fighting game series in years but im not interested unless there is a console port.

shaowebb

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game

KICKSTARTER IS LIVE. If you ever want to play the blood arcana, Minori, or the new balance and content go support this. The series is one that has innovated so many crazy ideas and to date its the only title that I've seen that gives you THIS LEVEL of customization to the roster. There have been "add a move" here and there or "pick a comeback mechanic" things before...but this series lets you add an entire moveset worth of specials, supers, ultras, xfactor abilities, passive abilities and other stuff to any character all while being packaged in a unique homing dash cancel, and clash attack filled furious environment.

Back the game. Waifu aesthetics be damned it is an insanely good fighting game series with some of the best gameplay around.

prudislav

OK I am bit confused now
So its like its own game as continuation of story like Revelator is to Sign or more like just upgrade like Rev 2 is to Revelator?

JPS Kai

Arcana is my favorite fighting game series in years but im not interested unless there is a console port.

I'm the same way. Not a fan of running side tourney on anything but consoles.

Can't wait to bring back my Kira x Plant combos to unsuspecting fools.

DR2K

Banned
They would have already made their goal had they had console options. Looks like it's on pace to make its 100k goal regardless.

I'll be chipping in to show my support, i could use some motivation to really get into the Arcana Heart series and the prospect of more characters has me interested.

shaowebb

I'm the same way. Not a fan of running side tourney on anything but consoles.

Can't wait to bring back my Kira x Plant combos to unsuspecting fools.

I've experimented off and on with other characters even though I'm a Dorothy x Love main for the sheer amount of setups and control it gives.

Big fan of Angelia x Earth lately because that giant fist attack from Earth lets you continue her already long air combos as well as control screen spacing for grabs. Also reaaaaaally enjoying Elsa. That castlevania character has some great tools with her spike tosses and holy waters that hit multiple times. Plus you can attack the bottles to set them off or use them for crazy setups since stuff bounces around trapping folks. Just cant settle on an Arcana. Would love to try Elsa x Blood in Six stars. That arcana has another bouncy orb projectile and I'm wanting to try it out with holy water and spikes for setups.

dawgparty

Im in.

Your avatar is my favorite character in the game! Any tips or resources for her you know of? She's got a lot going on.

Also, backed. I really doubt they will reach the stretch goal for a new character(whatever that is, maybe im bad at navigating kickstarter) but that would be fantastic.

Laiza

I'm just jumping into this thread to comment on how utterly hilarious Minori's costume design is. Of course, I know damn well who the target audience for this game is, but it's still incredibly funny to me to see a female character who is so close to being functionally topless, with just barely enough cloth to avoid nipple flashes (though, realistically speaking, she should be flashing everyone on a regular basis with that).

But then, Angelia is running around in nothing but an oversized white dress shirt, so this is not a surprise to me. Still no less funny, though.

Good luck to the folks funding this. It's not my cup of tea, but I can at least appreciate that it's a decent 2D fighting game, even if it's not one I can stand to look at for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Tu101uk

Backed... Can't really say no to my favourite 2D fighting game series. ^_^

This series has gone through all of its ups and downs, let's hope this works out for them.

They probably have some stuff under them stretch goals... can't wait to see...

shaowebb

New cast as stretch goals highly hinted at here.

cZttCJc.jpg

Also Steam is saying something about Arcana Heart 1 & 2 stories as stretch goals. That'd be fantastic given we NEVER got the AH2 release localized and it had one of the hardest game boss in fighting history when somehow someone BECAME the Arcana of Life and you had to fight her. We've had someone try to be a god I think, a shady occult agency with labs making folks into soldiers, lots of balance being disturbed between the material world and the arcane world, angels, the destruction of Kantou...its pretty deep in spite of all the fluff piece moments throughout the games.

Hope we blow past the initial goal so we can see some of these stretch goals revealed!

ArjanN

At $53,432 of $100,000 now.

Hope it doesn't drop off too much, I want to see what the stretch goals are.

The average backed amount is high but I feel there's still a lot of untapped potential in terms of backer numbers, I guess it's hard to get sites to pay attention nowadays.

At $53,432 of $100,000 now.

Hope it doesn't drop off too much, I want to see what the stretch goals are.

The average backed amount is high but I feel there's still a lot of untapped potential in terms of backer numbers, I guess it's hard to get sites to pay attention nowadays.

I would have expected that number to have been reached after a week, not a few days.

Must be a fair amount of Arcana Heart fans out there.

Uraizen

Banned
I would have expected that number to have been reached after a week, not a few days.

Must be a fair amount of Arcana Heart fans out there.

Even if people don't like the art style, people at least like good fighters. I can't say on behalf of everybody, but it's what I wish were true.

I suck at AH and tossed them $100 to get the final version on Steam. Also helps that if this succeeds they want to do one for Daemon Bride.

----

At $57,137 of $100,000 as of this post.

Noticed they added a timeline for how long it would take them to get everything done.

ArjanN

At $67,567 now.

Even if people don't like the art style, people at least like good fighters. I can't say on behalf of everybody, but it's what I wish were true.

I suck at AH and tossed them $100 to get the final version on Steam. Also helps that if this succeeds they want to do one for Daemon Bride.

----

At $57,137 of $100,000 as of this post.

Noticed they added a timeline for how long it would take them to get everything done.

Nice,

and yeah, looks like they want to get the port out in 2017 and any stretch goals/additional characters are for 2018.

Uraizen

Banned
At $70,350

Nice,

and yeah, looks like they want to get the port out in 2017 and any stretch goals/additional characters are for 2018.

I asked them about adding more pledge options since $300 to $1200 is a huge jump. Hopefully they give that some thought.

ArjanN

At $70,350

I asked them about adding more pledge options since $300 to $1200 is a huge jump. Hopefully they give that some thought.

At $80,800 now.

Nice to see the pace is keeping up pretty well, like this they'll reach the main goal in a day or two.

latest

Pledge options are always a tricky balance because it's easy for a bunch of physical stuff to actually cost a lot to produce/deliver, but you still want them to be enticing.

s_mirage

Pledged, but only for the basic game. If it had been DRM free I would have gone for the physical edition.

thundr51

Didn't see a pledge amount to make Nazuna top tier so did the 45. I'm absolute garbage at this game, but I still love it.

shaowebb

$87,686
Oh man am I excited. It looks like it'll clear goal early. Theres actually hope for stretch goal new cast! Given all the stuff they've tested in Nitroplus, Million Arthur and Daemon Bride I am eager to see what movesets they have planned for newcomers.

*fingers crossed for stretchgoals*

JPS Kai

$87,686
Oh man am I excited. It looks like it'll clear goal early. Theres actually hope for stretch goal new cast! Given all the stuff they've tested in Nitroplus, Million Arthur and Daemon Bride I am eager to see what movesets they have planned for newcomers.

*fingers crossed for stretchgoals*

Just give Kira a delayable command grab and Gadget Finger and the roster will be perfect.

Uraizen

Banned
Pledge options are always a tricky balance because it's easy for a bunch of physical stuff to actually cost a lot to produce/deliver, but you still want them to be enticing.

I was just thinking of including more stickers or a sticker of choice rather than random. A kickstarter exclusive poster and key for Love Max to play while waiting. Nothing fancy, just a very small reason to have another goal.

Pledged, but only for the basic game. If it had been DRM free I would have gone for the physical edition.

Gotta use Steam's matchmaking for online, but I see your point. You want a disc which would be cool.
Did they say if it would come with one or not?

s_mirage

Gotta use Steam's matchmaking for online, but I see your point. You want a disc which would be cool.
Did they say if it would come with one or not?

I think the $60 tier does. I still might go for it as it comes with a physical soundtrack too. I'll see how flush I am.

Dr Thor

Neo Member
Backed! Really excited for this, AC3: Love Max was great fun and the homing mechanic just amps up the madness.

Looks like it'll definitely be funded now -- can't wait to see what the stretch goals have to offer.

Top Bottom