• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstein

Kagari said:
Your choice, but I'm not going to call out the people giving me information in case it hurts their job. Their updates would still be "we're working on it!"

It's hard for people to have faith after what has happened.

I'm just hoping the endgame is before next Tuesday, or failing that by the 24th.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
alstein said:
It's hard for people to have faith after what has happened.

I'm just hoping the endgame is before next Tuesday, or failing that by the 24th.

With testing going smoothly, my guess is Monday/Tuesday.

vDaedalus

I'm still sticking to my original prediction.

vDaedalus said:
I'm thinking Monday. What's that... 5/16? Write me in.

While it's good to hear that testing has been going smoothly, I'm surprised its taken this long. =/

jayb

Kagari said:
A small update: They've been doing QA on the network since earlier this week, on several games with no issues. Everything seems to be running smoothly...

This is the kind of news that the PS Blog should have been posting all along. It's just specific enough to let us know that they are at least making progress. That's all we need.

Someone should post a PS Blog share idea for Kagari to take over Patrick Seybold's position.

timmy01

Neo Member
Mikey Jr. said:
So we are looking at a month of downtime.

Surreal.
If it's monday, that would be 25 days of downtime (it officially went down for everyone on the 21st). Not sure what calendar you use that 25 days is a month.

jonabbey

Kagari said:

This reminds me of 'The Agony and the Ecstasy'.

Pope: 'When you will make an end of it?!'
Michelangelo: 'When I'm Finished!'

Honestly, though, it's really astonishing, this whole thing. I've been trying to imagine what it would take for any cable network to go down for three weeks, and I just can't do it.

Garjon

Kagari said:
This is something that's annoyed me a bit, if testing is going smoothly, why have Sony spokespeople been saying it'll be up in a few days surely they would know it would be much longer assuming everything goes well. Sometimes I wonder if most of the Sony heads genuinely have no idea what is going on over there.

Persona7

Banned
I bet I will be so rusty at SOCOM 4, I was so good too after playing the beta and single player.

SOCOM 3 /Combined Assault online is still so fun though, I don't want to leave it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jayb said:
This is the kind of news that the PS Blog should have been posting all along. It's just specific enough to let us know that they are at least making progress. That's all we need.

Someone should post a PS Blog share idea for Kagari to take over Patrick Seybold's position.

Haha.

Mikey Jr.

timmy01 said:
If it's monday, that would be 25 days of downtime (it officially went down for everyone on the 21st). Not sure what calendar you use that 25 days is a month.

It went down on the 20th. Next Wednesday will be a month.

Kagari said Monday/Tuesday.

I would classify 28/29 fucking days as a month.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Kagari said:

Apply for the position claiming "See this post on NeoGAF. I did more PR work than your entire multi-million dollar staff and I didn't make a dollar for posting it."

jayb said:

I'd vote for her. Can she also take over for Grace Chen? I'm assuming you know how to flip a switch at a certain time every week, right Kagari?

kinoki said:
Apply for the position claiming "See this post on NeoGAF. I did more PR work than your entire multi-million dollar staff and I didn't make a dollar for posting it."

But I'd buy it for a dollar!

or1vP.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mikey Jr. said:

Before people continue to quote that, remember that was my guess, not anything final. I'm basing that off the fact that QA began earlier on this week.

timmy01

Neo Member
Mikey Jr. said:

it actually didn't go down for EVERYONE until the 21st. I'm not going by some internet news or such. I'm going by the fact that I was still chatting with my buddy over steam while playing portal on Wednesday. It may have been super late at night on Wednesday PDT... and of course some people were having problems as early as tuesday, but as of like 11pm-12am EDT that wednesday it was still up for chat and multiplayer for many/most of us.

Sporran

Kagari said:

Is that a monday/tuesday or a *cough* *cough* monday/tuesday*cough* i must something in my throat type monday/tuesday ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kagari said:

so it'll be nearly a month of downtime. Damn it. :/

Fugu

timmy01 said:
It went down on the 19th for me.

I wonder if they took the time to upgrade the service in a lot of different ways other than security. I mean, shit's down, may as well install those new super high speed servers

Drinky Crow said:
they can like it quietly, and in shame, so the rest of us can remember that acting like an adult in public is still a basic social practice in these internet states of america

honestly, every american at age 13 should be shown a picture of an anthropomorphic animal, and if they go "cool!!" they should be put in a box and that box should be lit on fire and tossed into chesapeake bay

sometimes you read something and know it's going to be the funniest thing you'll hear all day

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ithorien said:
Monday makes everyone a "winner", since nobody picked the 16th.

$20 PSN cards for EVERYBODY! Make it happen, Wario.

test_account

XP-39C²
Maybe Sony will keep PSN down for exactly one month for future reference, since is much easier to remember "it was down for one month" compared to "it was down for 26 days" or something like that. (yes, it is a joke hehe :p =)).

Hanmik

test_account said:
Maybe Sony will keep PSN down for exactly one month for future reference, since is much easier to remember "it was down for one month" compared to "it was down for 26 days" or something like that. (yes, it is a joke hehe :p =)).

you just killed PSN.. (filmed with shaky cam)

dxGDQ.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wario64 have i told you that you have beautiful hands?

EDIT: Worst top of the page post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom