• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man gets soul stolen during rap battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I'm not the kinda guy that watches rap battles - is that what that was? Am I showing my age by admitting I'm not sure if that's the right term? I just never got into that kind of thing.

That being said, that was fucking BRUTAL. When he started talking about his dad I thought the other guy was going to straight up physically attack him.

Ether indeed.

Thanks for posting it and opening my eyes to something new, that was pretty cool. Is it all improvised? Or do they have certain things prepped before going on stage?

noah111

Still Alive
This part was my fav ('and when i look at my little one');

EBpPL.gif

Guy's face looks like he just watched someone literally get their heart pulled out.

DominoKid

never been a fan of this whole spoken word battle shit (they aint even rapping so i call it what it is) but thats ether in video form.

Nameless

Went back and listened to the rest. The argument could be made that Cal had the slight advantage going in to the last round, but Lux had clearly bodied him by the time it was over

Beaulieu

I like battles but I wish they wouldn't pretend like any of this is off the domepiece. Hearing guys actually freestyle would probably be boring, I admit. eXquire would ether all these niccas in a real battle.

they... don't ? URL is a written battling league, like all battlerap leagues these days. We aint in the 90s anymore.

Beaulieu

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I'm not the kinda guy that watches rap battles - is that what that was? Am I showing my age by admitting I'm not sure if that's the right term? I just never got into that kind of thing.

That being said, that was fucking BRUTAL. When he started talking about his dad I thought the other guy was going to straight up physically attack him.

Ether indeed.

Thanks for posting it and opening my eyes to something new, that was pretty cool. Is it all improvised? Or do they have certain things prepped before going on stage?

it's all written. check out the forums at rapmusic.com for every new battle from every major leagues.

this week, I think Head Ice vs Pat Stay from KOTD's world domination 3 was better than loaded lux vs calico but i've never been into smack url tbh.

Did a search, didn't see this posted. From what I understand it, the summary is that Calicoe (dude in blue) is a rapper who likes to brag about how his dad was a member of BMF and is doing jail time for it. Lux (dude in suit) proceeds to tear his ass open. It's a long video, but if you just want to get to the ether it starts about 33 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-z2hxXxKg

That´s something to be proud about? Geez.

Cipherr

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Ether indeed.

There is definitely prep, I think they know who they will be competing against and prepare beforehand. But damn there is still some serious talent there. Such a really raw form of rap.

kehs

Banned
Burn his house down

Like the color purple

*eyes popping out*

CUT!

How did that guy win? I guess all the cap busting, antifather pride swayed the judges.

VaLiancY

Lux is a douche and also full o' himself. Yeah he's on hometurf and they're sounding the 'alarm' and clapping for eeverything... In my book, he was the weakest rappper of them two dudes.

When Lux bigged up Harlem in a rhyme earlier in the video and Cal replied that Harlem wasn't all that and Detroit folks were harder so that's on him the crowd turned on him.

Edit - If you have the time, I'd recommend to the video watch in its entirety. It's very entertaining through and through. And the cockfighting line at the end, Calicoe's house got raided in the summer after he put up videos of dogfighting...and he went skinny dipping with a friend of his six women and took picture of his male friend naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom