• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captivate 2012 Rome - Embargo Ends April 10th

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Even if Nintendo publishes TriG eventually I hate to be left in the dark for so long. That's just less than ideal treatment of the franchise and the fanbase.

I still believe it'll be released here... we've had Edge putting a Western date on it, voices about it being handled by NoE for Europe. So, to come here, it'll come here, but a freaking confirmation :(

Maybe, really it's Nintendo doing everything, like with DQ.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RE6 probably too processing intensive for Wii U.

There was never any JoJo. Why on earth did anyone think there would be Jojo?
Because JoJo was on a leaked list of XBLA game releases in the future, of which a few have been confirmed or announced, validating the list to some extent.

The RE6 Wii U denial isn't quite a denial, as IGN itself notes beyond the headline:

In addition, we sat down with the game's producers, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Hiroyuki Kobayashi, as well as director Eiichiro Sasaki to inquire about Resident Evil 6's potential place on Wii U, which is set to launch before the end of the year. Given the timing of its release and other high-profile titles recently announced for the system, does Resident Evil 6 have a place on Nintendo's new platform?

"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U," Kobayashi told us. "Right now we're concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game."

It's worth noting that Kobayashi specifically uses the words "at this time," which still leaves the possibility open for a Wii U announcement in the future. Since the system's unveiling at E3 2011, Nintendo has been keeping a lid on most of Wii U's launch details, though more info is expected to come at E3 2012.

All that confirms is that RE6 won't be out on Wii U at the same time as the PS3 and 360 versions, which makes sense - it was always improbable that the system would launch as early as RE6's new release date. Beyond that, well, we'll see at E3.

MH3G non-announcement is surprising, probably means that Nintendo has taken over Western publishing for the series, as with Dragon Quest.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The real question is, why is anybody expecting any Wii U announcements from anyone when we know devs aren't allowed to announce any more Wii U beyond those originally announced until E3? Nintendo won't let them. Cool your horses, people, even if they wanted to, they can't.

The real question is, why is anybody expecting any Wii U announcements from anyone when we know devs aren't allowed to talk or announce Wii U games until E3? Nintendo won't let them. Cool your horses, people.

Not WiiU, but 3DS for exemple.
Or even DS, with Ace Attorney Investigations.

I still believe it'll be released here... we've had Edge putting a Western date on it, voices about it being handled by NoE for Europe. So, to come here, it'll come here, but a freaking confirmation :(

Rumored to be released in September (way too fucking late) so there's still time for an E3 reveal.

Or with the original Tri.

But that's besides the point. TriG has been out for several months in Japan and I really don't like how the western situation is treated like a mystery. There's a bunch of people in the west that care about these games and it would be much appreciated if they could just say what's up with an overseas release. It's just very frustrating.
At least they have a new garbage shooter sequel to talk about. Good for them!

Damn, fuck you Capcom, seriously. You needed an embargo for a few lame trailers? Fuck off.
r]

Yeah, this is laughable.

A week embargo for about an hour's worth of writing/work. All these articles could have been written within 24 hours of the event's conclusion with ease. There was no need to delay this "news" by a week.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The real question is, why is anybody expecting any Wii U announcements from anyone when we know devs aren't allowed to announce any more Wii U beyond those originally announced until E3? Nintendo won't let them. Cool your horses, people, even if they wanted to, they can't.

No one was expecting Wii U announcements.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

oOXEj.png

LiK

Yeah, this is laughable.

A week embargo for about hour's worth of writing/work. All these articles could have been written within 24 hours of the events conclusion with ease. There was no need to delay this "news" by a week.
haha yea, a week embargo for this. the news will be buried before tomorrow starts.

Yeah, this is laughable.

A week embargo for about an hour's worth of writing/work. All these articles could have been written within 24 hours of the event's conclusion with ease. There was no need to delay this "news" by a week.

You say that, but you know that Capcom PR reps probably thought these announcements and trailers are hype as fuck. And they're thinking we'd all be going fucking ape shit and popping hype boners for Spark Unlimited made games to sequels no one wanted.

Dascu

I had pretty much zero (realistic) expectations from this event, yet I still feel let down. Great job, Capcom.

Chairhome

I'm a little surprised by the lack of announcements, but oh well. They're working on some pretty heavy stuff (RE 6 and Dragon's Dogma), but I wonder what their fighting game team is working on. Maybe E3 will give us some good news. Rich at IGN seems to think that the way they denied RE6 on WiiU may lead to a WiiU reveal about the game at E3.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
You say that, but you KNOW that Capcom PR reps probably thought these announcements and trailers are hype as fuck. And they're thinking we'd all be going fucking ape shit and popping hype boners for Spark Unlimited games to sequels no one wanted.

It's working for Rich. He called LP3 "tremendous."

Now I'm looking forward to hearing Gerstmann's thoughts of the event on today's Bombcast. He didn't even sound happy about the trip during the PAX East panel. Know we know why.

Wazzim

Banned
It's beyond ridiculous that we still don't have MHP3rd 1 1/2 years after it's Japanese release, not even an announcement. It sold 5 million FFS. Enough money for a localization.

MHFU and MHTri both sold more than the previous MH releases in the west and thus show a growth in userbase. Yet they do not announce MHP3rd or MHTriG for the west.

I don't care if Nintendo or Sony *might* publish the stuff, it's Capcom's biggest franchise in Japan. They should handle their own freaking releases like any other mature publisher does.

Capcpom indeed.

Didn't they basically do this last year?

embargo some trailers?

You guys can only blame yourselves for getting overhyped and expecting the moon.

It's beyond ridiculous that we still don't have MHP3rd 1 1/2 years after it's Japanese release, not even an announcement. It sold 5 million FFS. Enough money for a localization.

MHFU and MHTri both sold more than the previous MH releases in the west and thus show a growth in userbase. Yet they do not announce MHP3rd or MHTriG for the west.

I don't care if Nintendo or Sony *might* publish the stuff, it's Capcom's biggest franchise in Japan. They should handle their own freaking releases like any other mature publisher does.

Capcpom indeed.

Monster Hunter is dead in the west.

Top Bottom