• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

apps.57912.13510798887933723.fafca888-7f62-46d5-949b-224188606f73.45938817-5498-4999-ab38-615404720a57

Astroneer (Game Preview) - 20$, 1.38GB.

Bridge Constructor Stunts - 10$, 353MB.

Steel Rain X - 10$, 233MB.

New Bundles,

Artifex Mundi Essential Bundle - 20$

10tons Physics Puzzle Double Pack - 9$

Orca

My kids were playing Trove last night and really loving it. It's like Minecraft to me though, I see the appeal...I just don't get it.

Vert boil

Released today,

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - 20$, 1.81GB.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Episode 1 - 5$, 2.95GB. (Trial Available. No time limit, lets you play and unlock everything in Episode 1 (200gs). Original trial was glitched, new one is 30 min long and you can unlock achievements.)
--Episode 2 - 5$
--Season pass (eps 2-5) - 20$

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) - 25$

New DLC,

King's Quest
--Epilogue (only available with the complete collection)

New Pre-orders,

Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle Pre-Order Bundle - 15$

The Sun and Moon - 6.29$ (will rise to 7$)

Uncanny Valley - 10.39$ (was rise to 13$)

Vertical Drop Heroes HD - 7.19$ (will rise to 8$)

Wells - 10$

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed there's a game called Industry Giant II on the Xbox Store which was released yesterday:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/industry-giant-2/c0rmr5wffzh7

Does anyone know anything about it? It reminds me a little of Transport Tycoon, which I loved, but I have no idea if it's at all like that. Seems expensive though ($39.99)

Thanks!

Highly rated on Steam. It's very old though, seems an odd time to release - or not odd, if eking $40 out of a 10+ years old game...!

Oynox

Was wondering about that as well. The graphics really look dated, not like outdated but it already looked like an old game. Would love to try it but 40 bucks is a bit too steep.

Montresor

Bought Energy Cycle because I'm a sucker for easy GS. I am trying to justify the $3 as it being the same price as an iced coffee I didn't buy today that I normally would have. Go me

I had this same rational go through my head. Achievement whores unite! :)

Anddddd completed. Man I feel dirty :p

Yep its an odd feeling.. like chasing the high and then instantly regretting or wondering as an adult male what the hell am I doing with my life.

11 years later and I am still chasing that achievement high...

But if looked at purely as a puzzle game this is a bad game right? Or does it have redeeming qualities?

Montresor

The Little Acre was a waste of $11. But mostly because the controls are too annoying for me to stomach.

Anyone on the fence - I can't recommend it. I doubt I'm going to change my mind but I'm ready to call this game terrible (based just on the controls).

I bought it because the trailer on the XB1 storefront showed an amazing art style and charming character design and music, and the hint of a touching story.

The problem is the controls are absolutely, unequivocally awful.

The main character is extremely sluggish. Sometimes he will walk fast. Sometimes quick. In the same room. I can't find a rhyme or reason for this.

Sometimes when you enter a room my character will start walking to the right or left on his own. Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my controller's sticks. Sigh.

And when you hit Y to pull up inventory the controls to navigate the menu become extremely sensitive. I ALWAYS hit down on my left stick and end up going down three or two selections when I don't want to.

The controls in The Little Acre are awful. But I kind of want to keep going because I need to know more about the main character's adorable little sister and father and mother.... =/ Oh well.

Montresor

Thank the god above because this game seems to ooze charm through every orifice (The Little Acre). Can't say I don't love these characters.... Especially the cute adorable little girl with the pug-nosed face.

Montresor

3 posts in a row!!! I'll try to go for my record (6) later today.

So I just finished The Little Acre. I'm kind of mesmerized by just how incredible the characters, dialogue and art style were. Cute and adorable is how I would describe. Insanely cute and adorable. Haven't seen a game before with this level of cuteness - whether it's an adult or the little girl in the story or her main pet or the friends the adults or the little girl meet along the way. It was pretty much a non-stop cuteness fest.

This is the sort of game I'd probably rate very very highly if it weren't for the control issues. I'll have to think about it but I might rate it a 4/5 with a big asterisk, like:

The Little Acre: 4/5, wonderful puzzle game with cute stories, characters, and art style. *

*beware of absolutely horrible controls

Montresor

Heh lolz.

Been playing Oxenfree. Hard to put my finger on this game. I've seen many people put this on their GOTY list (talking about how it's apparently an "excellent" puzzle game) but I haven't been that engrossed in the game yet.

It's definitely an interesting and intriguing game. I love teenager tweenybopper dialogue. Can't get enough of that stuff. Games like Life Is Strange where young adults are drinking and doing drugs and saying shit like "hella cool" or "things just went banana bread" and talking with that excessively slangy style, throwing in the occasional "uhm, like". It gives me a nostalgic feeling to my own high school days.

I wish I knew what other games had this kind of dialogue. I can only think of Life Is Strange and Oxenfree.

Anyway at this point I don't know what to think of Oxenfree exactly. I'm about 1-3 hours into it (hard for me to say) and I've loved the dialogue, music, and crazy twilight-zone-ish mysterious story.... But man, it's going to take a LOT for me to put this in my GOTY list among heavy hitters like Inside, The Witness, The Turing Test, In Between and King's Quest. And that's just discussing puzzle games. If I include other AAA games like Forza or Gears or Quantum Break or other indies like Overcooked, I just don't see how Oxenfree squeaks in for me.

Fingers crossed the game picks up in a biiiig way because so far all I've done in this game is walk around, listen to tweenyboppers chatting with each other and participated in some weird Stranger-Things-esque sci-fi shenanigans.

Montresor

I don't think Vert Boil mentioned these announcements but:

There's a new minimalist puzzle game called Linelight that got announced for XB1: click here for article. Trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQd62J1ZVX0. Looks neat and sounds like it would be a fun and relaxing game.

And Headup Games announced three new games: click here for article. Two of those new games are RPGs that I won't care about but maybe you guys will be interested:

Pixel Heroes Byte & Magic:

Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic offers classical RPG gameplay in its own unique retro pixel art style. Prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/roguelike experience like you have never seen before. Permadeath, randomly generated dungeons, events and weapons and the weirdest NPCs of all time guarantee for hours of fun, leveling and loot, loot, loot!

Trulon The Shadow Engine:

Trulon: The Shadow Engine takes the players to a world of steampunk and magic. The adventure RPG offers a unique card combat system while telling a visionary story based on a new novel from Jak Koke, an award-winning author who is known from the best-selling Shadowrun trilogy, The Dragon Heart Saga.

The third game is a neat Limbo-inspired puzzle platformer, so that's on my radar and I'll probably get it once it comes out. Game is called Toby: The Secret Mine:

Toby: The Secret Mine is a beautifully crafted puzzle platforming game by Czech indie developer Lukáš Navrátil. Inspired by games like Limbo or Nihilumbra, Toby: The Secret Mine offers a very aesthetic art style with classical platforming gameplay including tons of well-elaborated puzzles.

Montresor

Rand al Thor 19 who hit a million cheevs a while back gives us his top indie games for the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7CNIqNERCw

That's a really good video and list. Cheers statham.

If it were me I would remove Hyper Light Drifter and The Bug Butcher and add In Between+ The Witness. And the game Overcooked has to enter the discussion too. Amazingly fun couch co-op game.

I haven't played Superhot and I'm in the middle of Oxenfree so I can't judge those. I'll finish those two eventually. Oxenfree is getting a little better but I have to finish it for a fair judgement but Superhot looks like it will probably be a slam dunk for me.

My own list would be the following (descending order of quality, with Inside at #1):

Inside
The Witness
The Turing Test
Unravel
In Between
Overcooked
Gone Home
Hue
A Boy And His Blob
Virginia

But there are still plenty of indies for me to play that released in 2016, like the aforementioned Oxenfree and Superhot, and stuff like Stardew Valley, Furi, Abzu. Silence, etc...

Edit: I saw in some other threads people treating Unravel as an indie title so I included it in my list.

Vlodril

Hey i am not sure where to post this so if anyone can direct me to the correct thread i would appreciate it. just got a xbox one s and since i had no xbox before i am not sure about a few things like is xbox live universal or do i need to buy it from my country store (which is 60 eu). Same for ea access (which i am trying to get but it seems there are issues right now with xbox live).

eastx

Hey i am not sure where to post this so if anyone can direct me to the correct thread i would appreciate it. just got a xbox one s and since i had no xbox before i am not sure about a few things like is xbox live universal or do i need to buy it from my country store (which is 60 eu). Same for ea access (which i am trying to get but it seems there are issues right now with xbox live).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722968

I'm disappointed that overcooked doesn't have online multiplayer. I really wanted to play that with a friend but we live 90 miles apart.

jond76

Banned
Pit People, Nevermind (which I kickstarted 100 years ago), Sylvio, Acorn Assault, and Rise and Shine coming this week.

eastx

I'm trying to think of all the racing games with combat in them. Am I missing any?
  • Gas Guzzlers Extreme
  • Carmageddon
  • Beach Buggy Racing
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Ben Hur
  • Obliteracers
  • Quantum Rush: Champions
  • Cel Damage HD
  • Super Toy Cars

Vert boil

I'm trying to think of all the racing games with combat in them. Am I missing any?
  • Gas Guzzlers Extreme
  • Carmageddon
  • Beach Buggy Racing
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Riptide GP2

Ben Hur
Obliteracers
Quantum Rush: Champions (just going off the achievement list with this one. Might just be a separate mode)

Need for Speed Rivals might also count.

Flux

Ben Hur
Obliteracers
Quantum Rush: Champions (just going off the achievement list with this one. Might just be a separate mode)

Need for Speed Rivals might also count.

I'd count NFS Rivals, it has some item based combat. It's pretty weak and lacklustre but its there.

Cel Damage HD.

Oynox

• Gas Guzzlers Extreme
  • Carmageddon
  • Beach Buggy Racing
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Riptide GP2

I was surprised how fun Gas Guzzlers was. Price appears a bit too step to me though.

Top Bottom