• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Karkador

Banned
The patterns I'm seeing here, whether they mean anything or not, is both Sorian and Royal targeting Ouro and I, and there's a pattern of both of them roleclaiming with info that was already available in the thread - no breadcrumb or anything. If any of it is true (and Ouro seems to confirm some of this whole story), it's maybe the "true" part that the lies are piggybacking on.

Sorian

Banned
3) "Town Hooker", huh? I don't know what to make of that yet, but targeting Ouro twice in a row makes no sense to me, personally, especially not without much of a visible cause/effect. Also, since when is a roleblocking type of role able to target the same target twice in a row?

Literally every role blocker used on gafia ever. Also, what would you have done if you knew there was a virgin you could disarm? I'm not so bad as to think I would stop the scum NK on the very first night.

That's a deep cut against Ouro

Dr. Worm

Banned
I've been stuck at an airport for four hours, so while I'm "free"

The patterns I'm seeing here, whether they mean anything or not, is both Sorian and Royal targeting Ouro and I, and there's a pattern of both of them roleclaiming with info that was already available in the thread - no breadcrumb or anything. If any of it is true (and Ouro seems to confirm some of this whole story), it's maybe the "true" part that the lies are piggybacking on.

This is pretty much where I'm at now re roleclaims

I'm not totally persuaded by Fran on StarSketch, though I share his concern about Sorian stanning for her

Sophia

1) Yesterday I considered that, because Ouro didn't actually get a "your action failed" type of PM during the night, it was possible that at least one of his two targets actually DID receive the letter, but chose not to respond - all to cast doubt on Ouro when he eventually brings this up.

The only time players get a PM of this nature is when they're a role that expects results back. Investigative roles, mainly. Why would you have expected Ouro to get such a PM back?

Natiko

Banned
Can you explain to me why a Scum!Royal would claim when he did? That's what is getting me hung up on their alignment because I have trouble seeing Scum claim in such a way out of the blue.
The same reason a town Royal would have - he has other obligations this day phase and leaving it to monkey to do last minute isn't likely to help matters. Claims close to day end don't seem to end well for the one claiming from what I've seen. Thus, regardless of alignment it was likely better for them to get out in front of it when they were both available and not on the precipice of being lynched.

Sorian

Banned
I've been stuck at an airport for four hours, so while I'm "free"

This is pretty much where I'm at now re roleclaims

I'm not totally persuaded by Fran on StarSketch, though I share his concern about Sorian stanning for her

Why would I want to claim hooker if I'm going to lie which I'm guessing is the assumption if you and Kark are trying to throw shade at me claiming with info in the thread. Literally everything is a better claim than roleblocker in a game with a confirmed virgin.

Sorian

Banned
To double down on this because I'm honestly at a loss of what Kark is trying to say. Why in the world are we still debating that there was some grand conspiracy of Star/Subs or fran/Worm lying about receiving the letter. They didn't, I can promise as much. Whether either team is scum is irrelevant to that, there was nothing to read from their behavior because as far as they were concerned, nothing interesting happened to them on those nights.

Sorian

Banned
Did Ty4on say he wouldn't be around much this day phase by the way? I was hoping to read more there and suddenly he;s not around.

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

StarSketch & AbsolutBro (1)
Natiko 3473 3523
franconp 3527

Sawneeks & Sorian (1)
CrimsonFist 3472

Trigger & Ty4on (1)
Sorian 3530

rac & acohrs (1)
Sawneeks 3494

Darryl & nin1000 (1)
Nomadic Sparks 3583

Natiko & Nomadic Sparks (1)
nin1000 3547

No active vote for Day 4: AbsolutBro, acohrs, Darryl, Dr. Worm, hey_monkey, Karkador, Natiko (has previously voted), rac, Royal_Flush, Sophia, StarSketch, Trigger, Ty4on, Xbro

Day 4 Postcount: AbsolutBro 1, acohrs 11, CrimsonFist 23, Darryl 1, Dr. Worm 3, franconp 13, hey_monkey 13, Karkador 2, Natiko 13, nin1000 2, Nomadic Sparks 3, rac 1, Royal_Flush 0, Sawneeks 10, Sophia 12, Sorian 13, StarSketch 3, Trigger 1, Ty4on 2, Xbro 6

Day 4 ends:
pin_1503255600.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Yeah, I'd like to hear from Trigger. The issue raised at the end of last day phase and revisited at the beginning here wasn't answered, of Ty talking for Trigger, and Ty's weirdly snarky/defensive "I didn't actually ask you" remark when I provided posts doesn't address but instead deflects. And Trigger skated in, dropped a little bit, and skated back out. I'll give Ty the pass because he's moving but Trigger can come in and speak and theorize and unpack and yet what's happening there?

Kark, I think you do make a point that the claims we've seen have been easy to construct, but that was also the case with OuroKitty's - we made that case, in fact, several people - and yet it turned out to be true, so I'm wary of going down the same path even if I wonder about Sawrian. I'll say two things here: if Sawrian is scum, then I wonder how they're managing to scum hunt better than half the town and if they're not town, town needs to step up. Questions aside, they're not just active, but productive. I'm hesitant to vote them today even if I'm not sure about their claim for that reason.

I will say however that while Flush lamented in our chat that he was bad at breadcrumbing and wished he could figure out more ways to do it here, I did prod a lot about chat as breadcrumbs before we claimed. I did it several times during that day phase. So no breadcrumbs is not quite true, and it looks like Sorian dropped some hints, too, though I can't speak to their veracity.

I 100% agree.

What would you suggest we do this Day Phase to get people talking more since everyone is so quiet.

That's the question, isn't it? It may be time to start voting people who aren't productively active. I don't mean people dealing with stuff or commitments, but people still talking about gut reads or feelings and nothing else - by now, surely you have some analysis or evidence or something to go with it - or people just driving by and coasting. Prod votes get a little more high stakes now, especially without clear suspects. What do you think?

I already answered this. He's left literally 0 impression on me. All the new sub ins have if I'm being honest.

All? D:

I do, however, feel this way about rachors. And I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'll get into that in a sec.

Here are some things:

Darryl: 1 post this day phase.
nin: 2 posts this day phase.
rac: 1 post this day phase.
acohrs: 11 this day phase* (a higher number here, but with a lot of ground to make up for, I'd hope for more content)
StarSketch: 3 (and that's kinda robust for Star here)
AbBro: 2
Trigger: 1

We have a few who said they were out/dealing with issues: my partner Flush is at a festival, Dr. Worm has computer issues, Ty may still be moving? Maybe? So, okay. And if someone else said something, speak up.

But this is really low activity after a town flip. I would bet that one of the scum teams is in the above list. If it's Star/Bro it'll be harder to tell; same with racohrs. Darryl/nin is a real drop. Trigger, well. Who knows. And I'm not just saying let's vote inactivity but I'm saying let's look at the changes or the silence or the lack of productivity and what they do say and maybe analyze it. Because after a huge run of suspicion that resulted in a town flip, and two claims on the table, I think these people need to weigh in. I think not weighing in is a big problem, and the three later subs have had some time to catch up. AbBro seemed like he was gonna push some things and then... I'm not sure what happened. racohrs need to establish some kind of presence. I have no idea what's up with Darryl and nin or Trigger. I'm gonna go back over votes tomorrow before day phase, too, again.

Sorian

Banned
I do, however, feel this way about rachors. And I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'll get into that in a sec.

I wasn't counting you. I actually forgot you were a replacement. That comment was squarely on AB, rac, and acohrs.

That's called bussing and it's actually really easy when you already know who is scum and who isn't.

You're right and if I were scum, I would have been riding kitsune into the ground from hour one after that terrible argument with dragonz and the lack of any substance at all in their reads lists., not pussy footing around the issue.

-----

In regards to the low activity, I can see that being the case. Ouro was a super easy scapegoat yesterday and it wasn't hard to be active and bury him. Today, there isn't a simple target. I was actually expecting more for us but everyone seems to be dancing around it, as if they know that it's another mislynch and they don't want to be caught out on two of those in a row.I don;t want to knock Ty for moving, I don't remember him saying that but it's all feeding into the same theory.

I see scum in Ty/Trigger, Darryl/nin, and Xbro/Kark and they are all low activity. Admittingly, Xbro and Kark are better but only slightly.

That's called bussing and it's actually really easy when you already know who is scum and who isn't.

I hope that wasn't as snarky as it comes off because that's pretty unnecessary so I'll answer in the spirit I hope was intended. I am not sure they're bussing. I don't like to use the meta too heavily, but I've seen Sawneeks bus and it's convincing but this is next level.

To put it another way: my questions about their presence, play, and claim are not enough to push them up my personal scum list past some others who are acting in equally or more questionable ways without also scumhunting.

Ty4on

I hope that wasn't as snarky as it comes off because that's pretty unnecessary so I'll answer in the spirit I hope was intended. I am not sure they're bussing. I don't like to use the meta too heavily, but I've seen Sawneeks bus and it's convincing but this is next level.

To put it another way: my questions about their presence, play, and claim are not enough to push them up my personal scum list past some others who are acting in equally or more questionable ways without also scumhunting.
Wait, what did they do? Sawneeks never voted for kitsune.

Ty4on

You're right and if I were scum, I would have been riding kitsune into the ground from hour one after that terrible argument with dragonz and the lack of any substance at all in their reads lists., not pussy footing around the issue.
Why did you pussyfoot around it then? You were clearly interested in them from the D1 vote, but never really went further than that until late D2.

franconp

Come on. You know how this game is. What you said meant nothing. Saying "If I were scum I would have acted like this or like that" means absolutly nothing when it's oneself who says it.

What did they do? Saw had a vote on Ouro and Sorian voted Ouro for a tie and jumped back at Kitsune less than 10 minutes before the deadline when Kitsune was in the lead already.

Sorian just did a really weak push after Kitsune posted her deep dive on us. He voted for Kitsune after I already went hard against her arguments and several people posting saying they were scummy. But even then he jumped to an Ouro lynch as soon as he could cause a tie.

There wasn't much bussing there.

Ty4on

I'm sorry I've been so inactive this day.

I haven't been that busy, but I've lacked motivation. I feel like the game is solvable RN, but haven't really gone back and checked. Gonna try to do that tonight tho.

The Ourokitty lynch was frustrating too. Doesn't feel like the day gave us much. Scum might be careful knowing it's a mislynch, but townies trying to solve might end up looking scummy because they didn't tunnel on Ourokitty. The Flush claim also got me doubting that scumread. It was also very PoE with Flush never really having had the chance to be townie unlike kitsune and FEP. The "we could never be scum because we'd never hit a teammate (hinting at Ouro)" was also tunnely and townie.

nin1000

Banned
I see scum in Ty/Trigger, Darryl/nin, and Xbro/Kark and they are all low activity. Admittingly, Xbro and Kark are better but only slightly.

This could be very much true sorian, but what bothers me is how you are ignoring natiko / nomadic.

Ofc natiko is holding the candle for both of em but the way nomadic has been playing has giving me red flags.

Please don't respond by saying something in the wake of " you are the last person to complain about low activity coasters" this won't really help anyone.

nin1000

Banned
Here are some things:

Darryl: 1 post this day phase.
nin: 2 posts this day phase.
rac: 1 post this day phase.
acohrs: 11 this day phase* (a higher number here, but with a lot of ground to make up for, I'd hope for more content)
StarSketch: 3 (and that's kinda robust for Star here)
AbBro: 2
Trigger: 1

Same deal with you 🐒. Did you intentionally invite nomadic sparks or do you see natiko activity as a reason not to include him?

Again legitimate question

nin1000

Banned
Going to be here for the rest of the day phase. Nothing coming up.
Regarding my low activity in the past was due to me being a ignorant fool and not giving the game the attention it needed.

nin1000

Banned
Hi Nin

what are your thoughts on Natiko since you don't like his partner?

He is doing a good job in my eyes, looking townish and all. But the reality that helps is in the same boat with nomadic just gives me a bad feeling. Again as stated before it's a gut read since their reaction has pretty much showed me somthjng

nin1000

Banned

Very interesting take on this whole situation. Can you double down on those thoughts and put a bit more marmalade on it ?

Sorian

Banned
Why did you pussyfoot around it then? You were clearly interested in them from the D1 vote, but never really went further than that until late D2.

Because the newbie town angle was still looming on D1 and I felt there was a better target for most of the day and settled later on. On D2 it was much more obvious but I was running Ouro and kitsune in tandem.

This could be very much true sorian, but what bothers me is how you are ignoring natiko / nomadic.

Ofc natiko is holding the candle for both of em but the way nomadic has been playing has giving me red flags.

Please don't respond by saying something in the wake of " you are the last person to complain about low activity coasters" this won't really help anyone.

I don't see scum Natiko just sitting off vote on a scum lynch. He does something, whether bussing or protecting, but he just sat on Ty. Mix that with Nomad who just sat there watching the ship sink and did nothing to look good. I don't see it at all.

Going to be completely blunt here.
I do not believe it aswell.
Roleblockers have in my eyes always been anti town. Why would it be different this time ?

This isn't honest at all. You, as scum, have been roleblocked by a town roleblocker before.

The seed was already in place. And the wagon rolled into their lynch.
Perfectly executed

Also, what does this even mean? If I perfectly executed something as scum then my team wouldn't be dead.

nin1000

Banned
Why plant the seeds for your teammate's downfall? 🤔

Go in strong on D1 and then just ignore them to hope that they can dig themselves out of that mess. If they get lynched he could claim that he indeed gave them flack ( which he gave them )

Natiko

Banned
Finally have some time to spend going over the previous days. Going to start from a clean slate and see if anything jumps out at me.

nin1000

Banned
I don't see scum Natiko just sitting off vote on a scum lynch. He does something, whether bussing or protecting, but he just sat on Ty. Mix that with Nomad who just sat there watching the ship sink and did nothing to look good. I don't see it at all.

Why not ? Sometimes it's best just to stay away and or to do nothing.

This isn't honest at all. You, as scum, have been roleblocked by a town roleblocker before.

It was honest since I completely forgot about it. Point taken.

Also, what does this even mean? If I perfectly executed something as scum then my team wouldn't be dead.

I think you understood but What are you trying to say ? I mean in the end only a hindrance would be gone

nin1000

Banned
No one is town on my eyes Atm. not even sawneeks who has been giving her full thoughts out in plain air from day one.

Too many times have i been fooled

Same deal with you 🐒. Did you intentionally invite nomadic sparks or do you see natiko activity as a reason not to include him?

Again legitimate question

Why include NS? Do you expect he will play any differently? I don't. But I feel Natiko contributes and plays well, so I did not include him.

I'm not sure why, but something doesn't feel right about the Town Hooker claim.

This is not of much use, frankly. It's putting something into the thread to look busy. What aspect doesn't feel right? What makes you doubt in THIS game?

nin1000

Banned
a flip isn't going to help us anyway

last day everyone was saying they wanted to see a ouro flip, now nothing

That's indeed true. I too wanted to see them flip. But somehow it left me baffled and now I am struggling to react accordingly

Natiko

Banned
a flip isn't going to help us anyway

last day everyone was saying they wanted to see a ouro flip, now nothing

I genuinely thought it would be useful. Sorian/Sawneek's claim really sucked the air out of that though. I felt like someone was lying in regards to Ouro's PR. Turns out that was not the case though.

nin1000

Banned
Why include NS? Do you expect he will play any differently? I don't. But I feel Natiko contributes and plays well, so I did not include him.

Because you mentioned low activity players and did not mention him. Ofc I realize that his partner is doing a great job. But it felt kinda weird not to include him, since you did mentioned individuals and not teams.

Regarding your second question.
No, not really. But a man can dream.

Again. You mentioned individuals yet you say that you did not include him because of natiko.

💭💭💭

Top Bottom